Fire Emblem Fates Classes Thread

Sky Soldier

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The base stats are already posted, so wouldn't you take the difference between basic and promoted class base stats, or the different between the base stats of the two classes in question?

Yes. This isn't how promotion bonuses worked in all games, but it is indeed how it works in Awakening and Fates. Probably the DS games too, since that's the only way free reclassing can really work

Edited by Bovinian

The base stats are already posted, so wouldn't you take the difference between basic and promoted class base stats, or the different between the base stats of the two classes in question?

Oh! really? That's good to know, time to start number crunching!

Oh another question, when using parallel seals, do you just + and - the difference between the classes base stats that you are switching between?

Yes.

Interestingly, even for games with set promotion paths, class base stats are often used for determining promotion gains. From my recollection it's FE3, FE4, FE5, FE6, and FE9 that use that system in addition to FE11, FE12, FE13, and FE14 that have to use it. There's some different weird use for base stats in FE1 and FE2 promotions while FE7, FE8, and FE10 just use arbitrary numbers. Also some games make exceptions for stats like HP or Luck.

Edited by Othin

Yes.

Interestingly, even for games with set promotion paths, class base stats are often used for determining promotion gains. From my recollection it's FE3, FE4, FE5, FE6, and FE9 that use that system in addition to FE11, FE12, FE13, and FE14 that have to use it. There's some different weird use for base stats in FE1 and FE2 promotions while FE7, FE8, and FE10 just use arbitrary numbers. Also some games make exceptions for stats like HP or Luck.

Thanks a bunch, this is very helpful!

^ Is that a hack?

No. Dark Falcon items are available right now to anyone who's bought all three routes and they can be used on any character.

Edited by Othin

Wait, so it's not gender-locked?

It is not. None of the Pegasus classes are this time around, nor Dread Fighter or conventional fighter-type classes.

Only Witch (female) and Ballistician (male) are gender locked this time.

Oh yeah, Great Lords (female) and Lodestars (male) too. Keep forgetting because their class-change items aren't in the vanilla game : P

Only Witch (female) and Ballistician (male) are gender locked this time.

Oh yeah, Great Lords (female) and Lodestars (male) too. Keep forgetting because their class-change items aren't in the vanilla game : P

Also the Hoshido healer classes.

There's mountain priest and war priestess too, sort of. They have the same skills and promote from the same class, but they use a different weapon along with their staves, and have different stat caps.

Edit- ninja'd.

Edited by capmalachi

Okay Felicia and Jacob are NOT in Dread Fighter-like versions of their classes. Despite getting way more Exp than high-level unpromoted units or normal low-level promoted units, changing them to Dread Fighter still results in a 20 level increase. Even if this means going above LV40 as a Dread Fighter. It seems like they have some individual change in how their Exp and levels are handled.

Same deal with Gunther after he rejoins in Invisible Kingdom. I haven't gotten him above LV20 in any route, but he's definitely not getting regular promoted unit Exp after he rejoins, only before, yet he still goes up 20 levels if he changes to one of the bonus classes.

It's odd how they made Great Lord a female-exclusive class just because they felt they had to make it a female counterpart to Marth's Lodestar. Looks like Spotpass Chrom won't get his chance another day

Okay Felicia and Jacob are NOT in Dread Fighter-like versions of their classes. Despite getting way more Exp than high-level unpromoted units or normal low-level promoted units, changing them to Dread Fighter still results in a 20 level increase. Even if this means going above LV40 as a Dread Fighter. It seems like they have some individual change in how their Exp and levels are handled.

Same deal with Gunther after he rejoins in Invisible Kingdom. I haven't gotten him above LV20 in any route, but he's definitely not getting regular promoted unit Exp after he rejoins, only before, yet he still goes up 20 levels if he changes to one of the bonus classes.

Basically, they just have four Eternal Seals and an alternate EXP formula. Aqua, on the other hand, is in a Dread-Fighter-esque special class, because the Dread Scroll doesn't change her level.

Lord, maybe?

DLC can add new classes, like Cipher Minerva's Pegasus Knight class.

Granted, that's just a reskinned Pegasus Warrior.

I'm more curious if I can hack DLC Lissa to be a Maid. Then the Awakening Series 2 DLC poster will be complete.

You know, I'm honestly kinda miffed that the Great Lord class is female-only this time around. I mean...if/when Roy gets a compatible Amiibo, wasn't he a Great Lord? And what about Chrom? And any other male-Great Lord?

Roy was a 'Master' Lord I believe.

As for Chrom, I have no clue.