"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a tough time deciding on what Sakura should promote to in Birthright. Should she go Onmyoji or Priestess?

I have her as Priestess 'cause she has a custom outfit (Mikoto's) as one. If you have a Shining bow she's really good with it, but she also has decent strength to use a Kill bow for example. I guess it depends on what the rest of your team looks like and whether you want another archer or a mage

I'm having a tough time deciding on what Sakura should promote to in Birthright. Should she go Onmyoji or Priestess?

I generally prefer her as a Priestess, but she could work as either.

I have her as Priestess 'cause she has a custom outfit (Mikoto's) as one. If you have a Shining bow she's really good with it, but she also has decent strength to use a Kill bow for example. I guess it depends on what the rest of your team looks like and whether you want another archer or a mage

I generally prefer her as a Priestess, but she could work as either.

...okay, thank you.

I think I might go Onmyoji, since I already have Takumi, Setsuna, and Mozu for my bow users. (Although I might make Priestess as her ending class.)

(I've been seeing this term "Hidden Weapons" or something, especially regarding Master Ninjas? What's with that?)

It's just another name for the Daggers/Shurikens weapon category.

Does anyone knows who gets the bond unit when bonding through parleying?

What the heck is parleying? I've never heard of that before.

Edited by ToP

If a unit has both Lunge and Galeforce and defeats an enemy, what happens? Does Lunge take priority and then Galeforce activates?

I went to test this with Scarlet on my Birthright file (took a while to teach her Galeforce, lol).

Anyway, what happens in the game is that Galeforce activates and then the character immediately Lunges before you can move them for their second turn.

(And Galeforce still activates if the Lunge happens to place them next to another playable unit. They just need to kill the enemy unsupported.)

What the heck is parleying? I've never heard of that before.

You go to their castle, explore, buy from their shops, create bond units, and other things. Or you can invite them to your castle to do the same things. Both are parley.

And to the previous question, I believe both get the bond unit, though the bond unit is different for both players (same looks but different stats, I think). I haven't done it personally, but I recall two people talking about their bond units.

I went to test this with Scarlet on my Birthright file (took a while to teach her Galeforce, lol).

Anyway, what happens in the game is that Galeforce activates and then the character immediately Lunges before you can move them for their second turn.

(And Galeforce still activates if the Lunge happens to place them next to another playable unit. They just need to kill the enemy unsupported.)

That's interesting. I think the Lunge skill takes into account the corner of the maps but I wonder what happens if post Galeforce Lunge makes your unit land on an enemy unit? I guess they would just move the ally unit one more space. This really allows long distance map traversal in one turn.

I looked up Lunge and it doesn't specify if it can only be activated once per turn so if my assumption is correct, 8 base move units can move a maximum of 8(base move per turn) + 8(Galeforce) + 2(pre-Galeforce ranged attack Lunge) + 2(post Galeforce ranged attack Lunge) = 20 tiles before factoring in movement bonuses.

Many thanks for the testing.

Edited by Magician Lugh

That's interesting. I think the Lunge skill takes into account the corner of the maps but I wonder what happens if post Galeforce Lunge makes your unit land on an enemy unit? I guess they would just move the ally unit one more space. This really allows long distance map traversal in one turn.

I looked up Lunge and it doesn't specify if it can only be activated once per turn so if my assumption is correct, 8 base move units can move a maximum of 8(base move per turn) + 8(Galeforce) + 2(pre-Galeforce ranged attack Lunge) + 2(post Galeforce ranged attack Lunge) = 20 tiles before factoring in movement bonuses.

Many thanks for the testing.

almost forgot about Guard Stance... I'm pretty sure it lunges and swaps the remaining unit. just like with other skills (Four Fangs, etc), they trigger after the lead unit dies and support unit is brought out so there shouldn't be an issue with checking. so how it would work is, User attacks, lead target dies, support target gets placed, trigger Lunge

oh also, you could say a unit can have "infinite" mov w/ Warp =P

Edited by GoXDS

almost forgot about Guard Stance... I'm pretty sure it lunges and swaps the remaining unit. just like with other skills (Four Fangs, etc), they trigger after the lead unit dies and support unit is brought out so there shouldn't be an issue with checking. so how it would work is, User attacks, lead target dies, support target gets placed, trigger Lunge

oh also, you could say a unit can have "infinite" mov w/ Warp =P

This makes me want to experiment with Lunge even more. I know it's annoying in enemy hands but I think it can help quite a lot in LTC when people decide to take advantage of it.

For Warp, you still need someone to travel the distance first though. I'm thinking of a scenario where a unit has moved 20 tiles and have Azura warp and sing so said unit can more another time for total of 28 before movement bonuses. Are there even maps that big to test this this skill combo to its max capacity?

What takes higher priority in Conquest (Lunatic if you care), getting as much Gold as possible or getting as much EXP for your units as possible?

Such as in Chapter 8 (save as many villages as possible, or let them all spawn enemies to get the most exp?) and Percys paralogue (murder everything or try to lure in as many enemy units as possible to get as much gold as possible?). Don't know if there are any other scenarios where the decision of Gold or EXP comes into play.

What takes higher priority in Conquest (Lunatic if you care), getting as much Gold as possible or getting as much EXP for your units as possible?

Such as in Chapter 8 (save as many villages as possible, or let them all spawn enemies to get the most exp?) and Percys paralogue (murder everything or try to lure in as many enemy units as possible to get as much gold as possible?). Don't know if there are any other scenarios where the decision of Gold or EXP comes into play.

I'd probably say gold for both, but more so for chapter 8..

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

depends on you. I generally don't spend much so I had a spending spree endgame. even in RD, I had over 100k? G at endgame. on Hard though I also didn't have issues with exp anyways. most units reached near 20 by endgame (4? Paralogues though). especially if you're gonna do a lot of Paralogues and/or strictly plan and use just the units you want (so units you won't be using to the end get 0 exp), you shouldn't have an issue with exp anyways. you'll probably want a second opinion for Lunatic but I doubt that should change too much

so either just pick one and go with it, go with the easier route, or go with the flow

Is there a chart or something for the stat caps of forged weapons? Like +7ed iron bow vs +7ed iron yumi vs +7ed silver yumi, etc.

All weapons get the same Mt bonus from forging. A +7 weapon will give a +11 to weapon Mt.

Edit: From Serenes.

Edited by AzureSen

This is going to sound weird. I'm looking at the wikipedia page about Naginatas. It says the shaft is generally 120-240 cm (about 4-8 feet) and the blade is usually 30-60 cm (1-2 feet). I'm trying to figure out how tall the Guard Naginata is, since it looks much shorter than Steel Naginata when held by a male Spear Master in his victory pose, who I assume is at least more than 6 feet tall (not counting the hat). What do you think the height estimation for the Guard Naginata is?

depends on you. I generally don't spend much so I had a spending spree endgame. even in RD, I had over 100k? G at endgame. on Hard though I also didn't have issues with exp anyways. most units reached near 20 by endgame (4? Paralogues though). especially if you're gonna do a lot of Paralogues and/or strictly plan and use just the units you want (so units you won't be using to the end get 0 exp), you shouldn't have an issue with exp anyways. you'll probably want a second opinion for Lunatic but I doubt that should change too much

so either just pick one and go with it, go with the easier route, or go with the flow

Makes sense. I'm mostly concerned that by the time I get to end-game, I'll not have all of the weapons I'll want, and I'm that person who buys everything that is limited in stock because I might need it later.

Does Quick Salve allow you to move after using a salve/potion? Or just attack/rally etc.?

I think it'd only allow attacking, etc.

Does Quick Salve allow you to move after using a salve/potion? Or just attack/rally etc.?

Quick Salve doesn't let you move again, no. You can only use a command. You also can't use a second item.