General US Politics

Ansem

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Mall of America > National Mall  😛

There is also the American Dream shopping mall, the second largest in the United States. It started opening at the end of 2019, and was to have its completed grand opening in the Spring of last year. A grand opening, after being proposed in the year Bush invaded Iraq and construction was started the following year. 16 years of delays, and COVID-19 arrives, the place is cursed.

CNN just projected the Democrat won the second Georgia seat. Democrat majority by virtue of the Presidency, secured? Hard to say the Senate is "secure" ever again after what's happening RIGHT NOW.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Crysta said:

considering how quickly everyone had to evacuate the chambers i don't think they even had the time to consider it -- they were also kind of in the middle of something pretty important

But shouldn't they have gotten a head's up from the local police? Like,"There's a riot going on and it's getting out of hand."

1 minute ago, Armchair General said:

But shouldn't they have gotten a head's up from the local police? Like,"There's a riot going on and it's getting out of hand."

i'm guessing they were busy being overrun by unarmed white "protestors"

Edited by Crysta

Trump with a video message to the "protestors" on twitter. First thing he mentions is, of course, the StOlEn ElEcTiOn. Jesus fucking christ.

2 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

DC is one of the most dem leaning areas in the country. We still have police taking selfies with insurrectionists inside the capitol

Would DC make a news piece just to specify that one of their local candidates had ties to the Proud Boys?  That's Hawaii for you.

2 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

DC is one of the most dem leaning areas in the country. We still have police taking selfies with insurrectionists inside the capitol

Do those of liberal leanings just not go into the job field? What is it exactly that makes the police systemically racist and rightist? Can't be excessive gun rights if the police-reactionary allegiance is true in other countries as well.

8 minutes ago, Crysta said:

i'm guessing they were busy being overrun by unarmed white "protestors"

Yeah, if they don't have people on hand to keep track of the situation, than they've fucked up. Hopefully, none of the bigwigs will get injured by this...But I won't be surprised if these people resort to arson.

Edited by Armchair General

A lot of city cops aren't from the cities they police, so that's one contributing factor. It's also just the kind of job that attracts a certain kind of dreadful personality.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What is it exactly that makes the police systemically racist and rightist?

Those who join an armed gang tend to have violent and authoritarian tendecies themselves. Not to mention the 'good cops' get bullied by their peers in the force. 

Not only an american thing, happens in my country as well (and probably everywhere) were we keep 'discovering' Nazis in the police every day. And those who try to do something against it get suspended or similiar. Even in my super leftist city that's the case

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Yeah, if they don't have people on hand to keep track of the situation, than they've fucked up. Hopefully, none of the bigwigs will get injured by this...But I won't be surprised if these people resort to arson.

i know it sounds like we're exaggerating but we're really, really not

It would be nice if Trump would spend ONE speech/Twitter video (lol) not talking about how he’s better than everyone else or that the election was stolen, like when people are literally getting shot. But no. How self centered...

I don't usually post here, but... Well, I just want to say, my heart goes out to anyone here who lives in DC. Or, you know what? In the US in general. This is a disgrace. At this point the best I can hope for is that this is resolved quickly and that as few people as possible lose their lives to this disaster.

Don't really have much of substance to say. Just... I feel so sorry for you, Americans.

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well guys, it happened, the Confederacy got to Capitol Hill.

So they're declaring secession? Yes! Try seceding! Do it. We all know secession is evil and in a few weeks the new President backed by a clear majority of the American people will be able to put down with the military the existential threat we know cannot be allowed to endure. I give my approval for a Second Reconstruction if that is unfortunately necessary to remedy the underlying ills that allowed for such terrible violence in the first place.

-As if. That kind of thinking, that of someone who would like a childlike notion of Good vs. Evil to be played out as a simple, easily won battle, after which all is happily ever after in the real world, is as it sounds. A total fiction. This ain't going to be as "easy" as the Civil War.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Crysta said:

whenever people are asking trump to say something responsible about anything i really wonder if they thought that through...

President of the United States of America.

The expectations come from that title, not so much the man behind it. Although those expectations might have been dramatically lowered, lol.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't usually post here, but... Well, I just want to say, my heart goes out to anyone here who lives in DC. Or, you know what? In the US in general. This is a disgrace. At this point the best I can hope for is that this is resolved quickly and that as few people as possible lose their lives to this disaster.

Don't really have much of substance to say. Just... I feel so sorry for you, Americans.

I quite appreciate the thought! The sympathies are enough, I think that’s of substance. In theory, it should be resolved by 6 pm. Theoretically. I do recognize that it’s mostly a fantasy for people who stormed the capitol to listen to the curfew rules, but if their god Trump said so, maybe...

You know, Biden has a reputation of being milquetoast, but him returning after his speech had ended when someone yelled ''Are you worried about your inauguration'', and then responding with ''I am not concerned about my security, my safety, or my inauguration'' was actually a bit baddass.  

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What is it exactly that makes the police systemically racist and rightist? Can't be excessive gun rights if the police-reactionary allegiance is true in other countries as well.

An excellent question. I suggest giving this piece a watch.