SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

Eyyy, it's the Flee Fleet! ^^

1- What's your opinion on me?

2- What are your biggest reasons for having FE4 as your fav FE game?

3- What's the FE game you despise the most?

4- What are some of your favorite anime shows?

5- What is your pseudo's origin? 

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: Opinions of me?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you love that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else loves?

On 3/22/2017 at 10:47 PM, Jotari said:

Yeah, the question was looking for specific examples. You still haven't provided any.

Okay, here are some things I find good.

Anime:  The Tatami Galaxy, Katanagatari, Kuragehime, WIXOSS, and Penguindrum are a few anime I found really good, especially the first two.

Manga: Chrono Monochrome and Not Lives (I don't get why it's not "alive" instead of lives. Oh well...). 

Webcomics: Paranatural, Balderdash- a tale of two witches, Peritale, Helvetica (this one's currently on hiatus, although progress is being made), Cut Time, Hazy London (it starts off like the common yaoi manga with all the kisses and stuff, but it actually gets a plot and it's pretty good), The Property of Hate, and FRAGILE.

Books: well, I mostly read classicals, so you might know a lot of them. Oh well, I think Pride and Prejudice, David Copperfield and the Secret Garden are really. Sense and Sensibility is fine enough, but it's a bit boring.

Movies so bad that they're good: The Room. No, I'm not talking about the award winning one, it's the other, older one I'm talking about. Howl is also pretty bad.

13 hours ago, Randoman said:

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

What are some quirks most people in real life would know about you that online people wouldn't? (Eg: you never make eye contact when talking, you talk with your hands a lot)

If you could make yourself immune to any of the seven capital sins (eg: pride, lust, anger), which one would you choose?

If you could revive one game series, which one would you pick?

What TV shows did you grow up with as a kid?

Some of my pet peeves are constantly hitting the leg of any chair I sit on with my foot, loudly; scruffing my feet whenever I want to, and tapping my feet wherever I'm sitting.

I try to avoid eye contact with people (the exception being my family) who I'm talking with, and holding my hands (usually in front of my stomach). And while this isn't really a quirk, most people assume I'm sleepy due to my eyes looking like their almost closed (even though I'm fully awake)

It's a tie between envy and greed.

It would be the Chrono video game series.

I grew up with a lot of kids shows, mainly the ones that aired on Cartoon Network, such as The PowerPuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Life and Times of Juniper Lee, e.t.c.

16 hours ago, OliKad said:

Eyyy, it's the Flee Fleet! ^^

1- What's your opinion on me?

2- What are your biggest reasons for having FE4 as your fav FE game?

3- What's the FE game you despise the most?

4- What are some of your favorite anime shows?

5- What is your pseudo's origin? 

1- I find you as another FE4 fan who's also a pretty nice guy and is the sole defender of Alec. I also find your username catchy to say.

2- Well, for starters, it was my first FE game, I love the graphics, I like the story, and I like the characters. I also love the gameplay mechanics. Admittedly though, it does have it's few problems, but even then, I still like it.

3- I don't really despise any FE game, but if I had to pick one, it would be Shadow Dragon/FE11 for horrible battle animations and introducing the reclass feature (which is not bad, but, eh, I just don't like it that much) otherwise it's fine all around, along with the art. The only other thing I hate about it is how many of the units are utterly bad, but that was also a problem in FE3. The other FE game I would pick would be FE6 for making most of the axe users and knights completely bad, and how it's hard to train Wendy...yes, I use Gwendolyn in the game I still like FE6 though, just not as much as the other games.

4- Currently, my favourite anime shows are: The Tatami Galaxy, WIXOSS, and Katanagatari. I'm still watching a few others, so they could get a place along with my other favourite shows.

5- There's no specific origin to it, really. I just randomly came up with it while trying to think of a name.

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

1: Opinions of me?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you love that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else loves?

1: I find you as a nice person as well, who likes to draw often. I also find your name catchy to say. Admittedly, for a long time, I just assumed your appearance was like your drawing of Titania, until I checked your profile to find that you actually made a cartoon version of yourself.

2: My aspirations are:

To perfect my skills in drawing, to improve my handwriting, to become more smart, to eventually become a dentist or even a game maker, to become slimmer, to become a more sociable person and probably more things that I can't remember as of now. 

3: I generally like kids, and yes, I do plan to have my own kids in the future.

4: I like Lufia: Ruins of lore (video game), even though most people hate it for not being great as the other previous games of the series....yeah, that's pretty much it.

5: The Five nights at Freddy's series (except the first and latest game), noodles (food, obviously), spaghetti (again, food), and that's about it, iirc.

3 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

1: I find you as a nice person as well, who likes to draw often. I also find your name catchy to say. Admittedly, for a long time, I just assumed your appearance was like your drawing of Titania, until I checked your profile to find that you actually made a cartoon version of yourself.

2: My aspirations are:

To perfect my skills in drawing, to improve my handwriting, to become more smart, to eventually become a dentist or even a game maker, to become slimmer, to become a more sociable person and probably more things that I can't remember as of now. 

3: I generally like kids, and yes, I do plan to have my own kids in the future.

4: I like Lufia: Ruins of lore (video game), even though most people hate it for not being great as the other previous games of the series....yeah, that's pretty much it.

5: The Five nights at Freddy's series (except the first and latest game), noodles (food, obviously), spaghetti (again, food), and that's about it, iirc.

Thanks, I should updates my self drawing.  I think I could do better, now.

Yeah, I'm also a bit tired of the FNAF series.  The first game was interesting, but it came to dominate everything on YouTube, and became quite annoying after a while.  I stopped watching Game Theory, because he was doing nothing but FNAF videos for a while.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, I should updates my self drawing.  I think I could do better, now.

Yeah, I'm also a bit tired of the FNAF series.  The first game was interesting, but it came to dominate everything on YouTube, and became quite annoying after a while.  I stopped watching Game Theory, because he was doing nothing but FNAF videos for a while.

Yeah, I do have to say, some of your more recent drawings look more improved than your old ones.

I actually enjoyed Fnaf for a while but then the third game came out (which was disappointing, honestly), and the series was supposed to end with the third game until Scott decided to make a fourth one. After that, I just expected for him to make a new horror series (but nope, fnaf sister location came along). I also took a break from watching a youtube channel (VenturianTale) since they mainly did Fnaf videos for quite some time.

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.Is humanity awesome, monstrous or completely irrelevant (please only select one)?
10.A Mega Pokémon you'd like to see? 

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.Is humanity awesome, monstrous or completely irrelevant (please only select one)?
10.A Mega Pokémon you'd like to see? 

6. I'd like to go on a trip with Akbar (the third mughal emperor), Muhammad Ali Jinnah, and I guess one of the Roman emperors (such as Julius Caesar). 

7. If we're including anime characters, then I would like to go with Gyro Zeppeli, Josuke Higashikata (part 8), and Giorno Giovanni. If not, then Wonder woman, Aqua man, and Thor.

8. Hm..I don't know a lot of villians, but I guess I'll go with Lex Luthor, and if we're including anime, Funny Valentine and Dio Brando.

9. oh god this is a hard question I'd say monstrous, but not completely.

10. Well, I'm not really a fan of Pokemon, but I guess it would be Mega Gardevoir.

5 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

6. I'd like to go on a trip with Akbar (the third mughal emperor), Muhammad Ali Jinnah, and I guess one of the Roman emperors (such as Julius Caesar). 

7. If we're including anime characters, then I would like to go with Gyro Zeppeli, Josuke Higashikata (part 8), and Giorno Giovanni. If not, then Wonder woman, Aqua man, and Thor.

8. Hm..I don't know a lot of villians, but I guess I'll go with Lex Luthor, and if we're including anime, Funny Valentine and Dio Brando.

9. oh god this is a hard question I'd say monstrous, but not completely.

10. Well, I'm not really a fan of Pokemon, but I guess it would be Mega Gardevoir.

Why would anime characters inexplicably be excluded? They're still fictional which is the only criteria presented.

6. Have you seen the Farmers Insurance commercials?

7. Have you heard of Grumpy Cat?

8. Have you heard of Maru?

9. Cats or dogs?

10. Have you watched Too Cute?

6 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Mega Gardevoir already exists.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Why would anime characters inexplicably be excluded? They're still fictional which is the only criteria presented.

Eh, I just separate them most of the time. No real reason, it's more like a habit.

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

6. Have you seen the Farmers Insurance commercials?

7. Have you heard of Grumpy Cat?

8. Have you heard of Maru?

9. Cats or dogs?

10. Have you watched Too Cute?

Mega Gardevoir already exists.

6. no.

7. yes.

8. Nope.

9. Cats for the way!

10. Nope (although I might now watch it. I like cute things.)

Ah, in that case, I'd like to see a Mega Greninja (according to Google, it can turn into Ash Greninja, but that's done in a different way...so I guess it doesn't have a mega evolution)

EDIT: 

@Magillanica Lou Mayvin 1. Chrono series, Ace Attorney series, Zero Escape series, Danganronpa series, Mother/Earthbound series, Metroid series, Dragon Quest series, Advance Wars series, Final Fantasy series, Mario series (well, only the RPG games, to be exact), The Legend of Zelda series, Lufia series, Golden Sun series, and probably some more, but as of right now, these are the ones I clearly remember.

2. Hm, the support mechanic I guess, since characters have more than just their recruitment lines.

3. Chiaki Nanami.

4. Currently, I like the Danganronpa themes.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

It's been criminal that this person wasn't nominated for the first series.

THOR ODINSON (Luminescent Blade, of bunnies and manliness fame)

3 hours ago, Iris said:

THOR ODINSON (Luminescent Blade, of bunnies and manliness fame)

If Lumi wants to deal with this, sure.

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?
2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?
3.What book are you currently reading?
4.Furthest you've ever been from home?
5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

42 minutes ago, Jotari said:

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?
2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?
3.What book are you currently reading?
4.Furthest you've ever been from home?
5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

1) I got my masters degree in Computer Science last year when I was 22 that's not too bad I think

2) Yi Tian Tu Long Ji (Heavenly Sword & Dragon Sabre) which is a Chinese martial arts novel I'm a big fan of

3) To be quite honest I don't really have much time to read books these days--the last one I have read briefly is "You Don't Know JS" when I had some downtime at work. I tend to read more API Documentation/Manpages these days.

4) Well I mean I moved from China to USA so that was something, but other than moving residences I was on vacation at the other coast this winter. 

5) Hard question. I've seen a lot of art in my life, so it's hard to pick just one. I could also be mushy and say my boyfriend's butt. I also find elegantly written code and mathematical proofs beautiful. Sometimes I write a really elegant block of code in ES6 and I'm like, damn, and I have to text my bf about it because we're a bunch of programmer nerds.

I guess I don't have anything I can link, because these are physical paintings, but I think my former art teacher is one of the most skilled artists out there, and some of the things he's painted are really beautiful.

Edited by Thor Odinson

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

Would you consider yourself physically attractive?

What personality traits do you value most?

What character flaws would you most want to fix about yourself?

Are you lifting the 5 question limit for this interview? (As in, people will be allowed to ask you more than 5 questions in one post and before you answer their current 5 questions that are unanswered)

20 minutes ago, Randoman said:

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

Would you consider yourself physically attractive?

What personality traits do you value most?

What character flaws would you most want to fix about yourself?

Are you lifting the 5 question limit for this interview? (As in, people will be allowed to ask you more than 5 questions in one post and before you answer their current 5 questions that are unanswered)

1)  I don't take bullshit and if I didn't have excellent self control and a sense of "violence is bad" will probably fight people who piss me off. Fairly chill if you don't annoy me, though. Fairly introverted. Don't really like social interaction outside of people I'm already comfortable with. Tends to be more logic-driven than emotional (not a robot, however).  Entire sense of humor is based on math and programmer jokes.

2) Attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder but I don't really do the conventional attractiveness thing. I guess my natural face isn't too hideous or anything, but I refuse to wear make up and I don't wear clothes that are seen as feminine. My boyfriend thinks I'm hot and that's all the people I want to think I'm attractive anyway. It gives peace and quiet in my life. I don't like attention unless it's recognition for shit I actually did.

3) Compassion is a big one. I don't expect everyone to be an altruist all the time, but I like it when people at least somewhat considerate. Drive for knowledge is another. I don't think I can really be happy around people who don't at least try to learn and is comfortable with ignorance, regardless of education level. Not standing for bullshit is also a trait I like. 

4) I'm a chronic procrastinator if I don't have a block of time specifically made for doing work, while being paid for it. I do fine at my job, but when I was in school I got procrastination down to a science---which is terrible time management, mind. I also would like to be less angry about things when it doesn't really matter that much. Sure, I don't react too strongly unless it actually does matter, but it's like, sometimes why get mad at all right

5) sure