Worst Units and Classes

riolumaster

Neither of them have incredible bases or other special attributes, but their bases/growths seem good enough to get by. Heroes suffer a little from 1-2 range axes not being as good, but they're still a solid choice. Would go for Hero over Bow Knight for both of them due to better bases overall and Sol>Rally Skill.

Hmm, so no stand out stats but good to go though. I didn't use 1-2 axes as much but its good to know what to be aware of. Gonna make Lazward into Chrom Jr now he can get aether and charm (DLC classes I think).

Silas can be a better Hero than both.

Luna is going to deal few damages in later chapters with a sword. Bows have higher Mt to fix her Str, and there are many Falcon/Golden-kite Warriors in Nohr route.

Luna has good Spd&Def for Kunaibreaker. Somebody may say "Nohr 25 is only a single chapter" though...

One more reason to use Bow Knight Luna is the unique outfit.

Silas will probably stay as a mounted unit. Will uses Luna for her Bow Knight outfit. Diversity is cool, and the tip is noted (thanks very much).

Also, would Odin rather be a magic or physical unit.

Also, does HInata's personal skill also inflict half damage. What build could he use to be viable.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, would Odin rather be a magic or physical unit.

Also, does HInata's personal skill also inflict half damage. What build could he use to be viable.

I would say Odin is better off as a physical units mostly because reclassing to Samurai fixes his speed issue since he gets +5 speed on the reclass and gets a 10% growth increase.

Hinata's personal does inflict half damage. He is a perfectly viable unit for Hoshido on his own with out much reclassing and what not. He would like Swallow Strike from buddy sealing Subaki(faster than marriage sealing Hinoka and doesn't tie her down) since his base speed is really great. He can get Ogre Strike since he has the Oni Savage line and it comes relatively early(-/5). Also shove is cool since he can use in on any units(even mounted units).

Edited by Shephen

I'm dropping in to uh...whatever this is

https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/hiushi/FE14AverageStats/blob/master/index.html

"You might be interested in this"

Well it's weird, since I've known this for like 2 months by now, so who knows......

Safari doesn't seem to display that page properly. I only get "choose a unit" option and nothing else at all.

Edited by Leif

I'm dropping in to uh...whatever this is

https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/hiushi/FE14AverageStats/blob/master/index.html

"You might be interested in this"

Well it's weird, since I've known this for like 2 months by now, so who knows......

Firefox isn't displaying anything outside of "Choose a unit"...

Safari doesn't seem to display that page properly. I only get "choose a unit" option and nothing else at all.

Chrome works, use chrome

I'm using Waterfox. The other options show up once I chose a unit.

Edited by BLS

I heard Hinata can be an okay unit if he's a Blacksmith. This right?

Hinata has high defenses so he can make a passable pseudotank character as a Blacksmith or Shura.

The only reason people say Blacksmith is for swords and slightly more speed, but Shura is more tanky, has counter, and you can build an Axe rank by training him as an Oni in the first place.

Just generally speaking, though, he functions much better in his Oni classes than his Samurai ones due to his tank-like growths.

He's still not a stellar unit though. People complain about Benoit, but at least he can get Defensive Formation naturally, and has better STR, SKL and DEF.

Does he actually need defensive formation though? Like, his speed isn't benoit's. He's not likely to get doubled and at worst is only ever a tonic away from not getting doubled. Offensively it's doing him no favors that he's unlikely to double people without swallow strike and even then only player phase, but defensively from the lunatic stats I've seen and his averages he's just not going to get doubled by anything that does not itself have swallow strike.

I probably plan to early promote and mostly defensive stance him, but from the numbers I'm seeing he's not outright terrible if you do use him for real.

Edited by lysander

Rinka isn't as bad as some are making her out to be, having 45 str growth (adding shura and oni savage growths with her base) and 60 growth in spd and def, is pretty beastly

It's just Oboro, Asama, Hinoka, Silas and Mozume all have similar SKL, SPD and DEF to Rinkah but as much as double the STR and HP growths. She's outclassed by almost every other physical attacker in Hoshido.

Charlotte, Oboro and Kagerou all use her class better after an A+ with her, as do many of her potential husbands.

She has the same problem as Hinata: her low growths don't make her unusable and she has good bases, but there is no reason to suffer with her weak points when there are several superior units who don't suffer from any glaring issues.

It's just Oboro, Asama, Hinoka, Silas and Mozume all have similar SKL, SPD and DEF to Rinkah but as much as double the STR and HP growths. She's outclassed by almost every other physical attacker in Hoshido.

Charlotte, Oboro and Kagerou all use her class better after an A+ with her, as do many of her potential husbands.

She has the same problem as Hinata: her low growths don't make her unusable and she has good bases, but there is no reason to suffer with her weak points when there are several superior units who don't suffer from any glaring issues.

I wouldn't say almost every. Every other character except for Oboro who is perfectly balanced, is geared towards either spd, or def. If they have 40+ spd/def than the opposite stat would be in the 20-30 range.

Rinka has good survivability early join time and solid bases.

Nolan had the same str growths and everyone masturbates over how good of a Warrior he is. 45% isn't nowhere near abysmal, if anything it's "average", Yeah they have higher strenght, but only by 20% in base, and lets take Hinoka for instance, most likely she's going be trained as a pegasus or a lancer, either way, her strength growth gap would be even less. it'll only put her at a 10% strength deficit, which is hardly, something to cry over.

I think it might (might) have been that people "expect" her to one round enemies, but I dunno.

The requirements for one rounding enemies aren't too preposterous, but they're not too friendly either...though I need more info before I can say all those stuff

(Trust me, I'm working on it.......just maybe another week or two)

..Well I'm not even sure what numbers I should use for this

(Thing is, Knights and Horses, aka a fair amount of Nohr units, have weaknesses, not that you can always use them to your advantage. Plus the fact that Hoshido gets the three slayer weapons)

To 1RKO Level 8 H9 Lunatic Cavalier, you need 23 ATK 14 AS

15/0 Rinkah (which is more or less ridiculous at this time, the "hard limit" would be around ~7 levels above (if you consistently do paralogues, they are about, by my estimates, 2-5 levels higher than story enemies, so you could be 7-10 levels higher than story)

But yes, 15/0 Rinkah: 18 ATK, 14 AS (using Iron Club)

So yeah, she's pretty never going to 1RKO anyway

Statistically 2RKOs should still be possible and if Rinkah were 15/0 she'd be taking like 0 damage from the enemies in the map, except Dark Mage

At 10/0 Rinkah can still double the Knights (because you know, Knights in this game are actually slow) and is like 4RKO'd (though that may or may not matter)

10/0 Rinkah vs 10/0 Oboro

Rinkah: 22 HP, 10 STR, 11 SPD, 13 DEF

Oboro: 25 HP, 13 STR, 12 SPD, 13 DEF

Whoops

Well general rule of thumb is that units at 10/0 or joining tend to have similar stats, so...what can I say

Let's see 20/0

20/0 Rinkah vs 20/0 Oboro

Rinkah:26 HP, 15 STR, 16 SPD, 20 DEF

Oboro: 29 HP, 18 STR, 17 SPD, 18 DEF

Doesn't look overly good for Rinkah though. I will admit I'm not factoring in Flame Blood into the calculations, which makes Rinkah stronger than Oboro (Well for what it's worth, Oboro also has Nohr hater sooooo it may not necessarily be so bad)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I feel like it has gone like this:

Rinkah does not seem a super crappy unit, BUT I think people had high expectations of her. I think they expected her to be like a berserker, they expected her to be the stronger than like, Charlotte and such (Charlotte was the one with the painted muscles before release).

Now that she has a 45% STR growth instead of, I dunno, a 60%, maybe people are quick to judge her, although I did hear that she does not fare very well from the people who actually played the game(not me).

I still have my doubts on what people say about her. Even if I'm not sure if I'll use her, she does not seem like utter crap.

I think it might (might) have been that people "expect" her to one round enemies, but I dunno.

The requirements for one rounding enemies aren't too preposterous, but they're not too friendly either...though I need more info before I can say all those stuff

(Trust me, I'm working on it.......just maybe another week or two)

..Well I'm not even sure what numbers I should use for this

(Thing is, Knights and Horses, aka a fair amount of Nohr units, have weaknesses, not that you can always use them to your advantage. Plus the fact that Hoshido gets the three slayer weapons)

To 1RKO Level 8 H9 Lunatic Cavalier, you need 23 ATK 14 AS

15/0 Rinkah (which is more or less ridiculous at this time, the "hard limit" would be around ~7 levels above (if you consistently do paralogues, they are about, by my estimates, 2-5 levels higher than story enemies, so you could be 7-10 levels higher than story)

But yes, 15/0 Rinkah: 18 ATK, 14 AS (using Iron Club)

So yeah, she's pretty never going to 1RKO anyway

Statistically 2RKOs should still be possible and if Rinkah were 15/0 she'd be taking like 0 damage from the enemies in the map, except Dark Mage

At 10/0 Rinkah can still double the Knights (because you know, Knights in this game are actually slow) and is like 4RKO'd (though that may or may not matter)

10/0 Rinkah vs 10/0 Oboro

Rinkah: 22 HP, 10 STR, 11 SPD, 13 DEF

Oboro: 25 HP, 13 STR, 12 SPD, 13 DEF

Whoops

Well general rule of thumb is that units at 10/0 or joining tend to have similar stats, so...what can I say

Let's see 20/0

20/0 Rinkah vs 20/0 Oboro

Rinkah:26 HP, 15 STR, 16 SPD, 20 DEF

Oboro: 29 HP, 18 STR, 17 SPD, 18 DEF

Doesn't look overly good for Rinkah though. I will admit I'm not factoring in Flame Blood into the calculations, which makes Rinkah stronger than Oboro (Well for what it's worth, Oboro also has Nohr hater sooooo it may not necessarily be so bad)

Looking at those lvl20 numbers it's not that bad, the difference is so tiny. Now Lets look at them:

Promoted:

Rinka: 27HP , 18STR, 18SPD, 23DEF

Oboro: 30 HP, 21STR, 19SPD, 20DEF

lvl 20/20

Rinka: HP:32 STR: 26 SPD: 29 DEF: 34

Oboro: HP:40 STR: 31 SPD: 29 DEF: 29

The differences are very tiny, both will always speed tie, so whichever the other can double, the other can double or not, with Rinka's +4 from her personal skill, the strength gap is even smaller, only by one point. The only time Oboro is truly showing a noticeable difference in damage is when fighting Nohrians. Other than that, they're pretty much equal. And Rinka's overpowering defense makes up the HP difference.

Just want to see how strong my little sister is... XD

20/0 Oni Sakura: 30.35 HP, 18.5 Str, 16.5 Spd, 19.5 Def

20/0 Oni Rinkah: 26.4 HP, 15.2 Str, 16.8 Spd, 20.4 Def

I think one of Rinkah's problems is the weapon rank. We have to train her but the reward is not as good as training Mozume.

If she joins a littler later with higher level, higher stats (fixed by her growth) and D-rank on Clubs, there will be less players saying she is too bad.

Looking at Orochi's average stats, she's pretty terrible to be frank. She would need an incredible amount of protection for her not to get ORKO'd by physical enemies.

Her speed is uncharacteristically low for a magic user. I can see why Tsukuyomi would be the superior option due to him having more reliable stat averages. However, he would need an incredible amount of babying to be of any use at all. I can see why magic users were, simply put, neutered this generation of Fire Emblem.

The only magic users worth using would be either Elise, Sakura, or Leo if we are going for an efficiency run. Then again, Jakob and Felicia outclass Elise and Sakura in the sense of being combat ready healers upon joining.

This game reminds me of Radiant Dawn, were physical units were the more practical units to train. :(

Edited by Leif

Looking at Orochi's average stats, she's pretty terrible to be frank. She would need an incredible amount of protection for her not to get ORKO'd by physical enemies.

Her speed is uncharacteristically low for a magic user. I can see why Tsukuyomi would be the superior option due to him having more reliable stat averages. However, he would need an incredible amount of babying to be of any use at all. I can see why magic users were, simply put, neutered this generation of Fire Emblem.

The only magic users worth using would be either Elise, Sakura, or Leo if we are going for an efficiency run. Then again, Jakob and Felicia outclass Elise and Sakura in the sense of being combat ready healers upon joining.

This game reminds me of Radiant Dawn, were physical units were the more practical units to train. :(

How do Nyx and Odin stack up?

IIRC Nyx can't hit for shit and has bad durability, Odin gets oneshot in IK and even if he didn't his stats as a magic user are decidedly mediocre anyway

I think even if Rinka's offense stays meh, if she at least had good HP, it'd be less of a problem. That way she can just fully function as a tank and that would be okay. There's also Rinka's design being one of the buffest women we have in FE, so high strength off of that was expected. In her supports, she's also supposed to be very strong, being able to wrestle Kagerou (actually 65% base str growh here and acknowledged as physically powerful in Suzukaze's support) to a draw. Like with Sully before her, there's a disparity between what her gameplay ends up being and what she is in-story, except in Sully's case her growths are good enough and it's just her caps that are questionable.

The low HP is a pretty big issue considering she's supposed to be tanky. Even with Oni padding it's only 40%, and if you go Shura it inexplicably drops 10%. A low-offense but high tank unit would be pretty balanced, but with her poor HP, her defensive prowess isn't shining through as much as it could be.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Looking at those lvl20 numbers it's not that bad, the difference is so tiny. Now Lets look at them:

Promoted:

Rinka: 27HP , 18STR, 18SPD, 23DEF

Oboro: 30 HP, 21STR, 19SPD, 20DEF

lvl 20/20

Rinka: HP:32 STR: 26 SPD: 29 DEF: 34

Oboro: HP:40 STR: 31 SPD: 29 DEF: 29

The differences are very tiny, both will always speed tie, so whichever the other can double, the other can double or not, with Rinka's +4 from her personal skill, the strength gap is even smaller, only by one point. The only time Oboro is truly showing a noticeable difference in damage is when fighting Nohrians. Other than that, they're pretty much equal. And Rinka's overpowering defense makes up the HP difference.

Those differences? That "overpowering defense"? That's just their class bases. If you immediately reclassed Oboro to Oni and raised them both:

20/0

Rinkah

26 HP, 15 STR, 16 SPD, 20 DEF

Oboro

31 HP, 21 STR, 16 SPD, 21 DEF

20/20 (Shura)

Rinkah

33 HP, 27 STR, 29 SPD, 36 DEF

Oboro

40 HP, 34 STR, 28 SPD, 36 DEF

Oboro, reclassed to Oni, is a better Oni than Rinkah. Rinkah's bases and growths just aren't very good.

Marrying Asama to Rinkah:

Asama 20/20 Shura

49 HP, 36 STR (41), 30 SPD, 37 DEF

Now of course Asama is good at everything, but what I am trying to convey is that while 25+20 is a usable STR growth, it doesn't mean much when almost every other character has or can have better. She also has nothing to compensate for that low STR. Her SPD and DEF are good, but not overwhelmingly so, especially when many other fast or defensive units have STR or HP as well. Her HP is so low that she can't be used defensively anyways. Moreover, unlike Hinata and his inferior growths, she doesn't even have high enough bases for her to float on until late game. She's just not up to snuff with the rest of the cast.

Edited by gayserbeam

How do Nyx and Odin stack up?

I'll note that Elise has similar problems to Nyx (only 1 more skill on average at 20/1 and gets OHKOed by almost every physical). Training her is probably easier due to staves, though she'll have to start from E tomes.

IIRC Nyx can't hit for shit and has bad durability, Odin gets oneshot in IK and even if he didn't his stats as a magic user are decidedly mediocre anyway

I think even if Rinka's offense stays meh, if she at least had good HP, it'd be less of a problem. That way she can just fully function as a tank and that would be okay. There's also Rinka's design being one of the buffest women we have in FE, so high strength off of that was expected. In her supports, she's also supposed to be very strong, being able to wrestle Kagerou (actually 65% base str growh here and acknowledged as physically powerful in Suzukaze's support) to a draw. Like with Sully before her, there's a disparity between what her gameplay ends up being and what she is in-story, except in Sully's case her growths are good enough and it's just her caps that are questionable.

The low HP is a pretty big issue considering she's supposed to be tanky. Even with Oni padding it's only 40%, and if you go Shura it inexplicably drops 10%. A low-offense but high tank unit would be pretty balanced, but with her poor HP, her defensive prowess isn't shining through as much as it could be.

I'll note that Elise has similar problems to Nyx (only 1 more skill on average at 20/1 and gets OHKOed by almost every physical). Training her is probably easier due to staves, though she'll have to start from E tomes.

Yeesh... Mages got a number done on them, it looks like. But the Wizard is undeterred!

Elise herself is not better than Nyx, but she offers amazing skills: Beautiful Flower + Demoiselle + Battle Command = +3 damage -7 hurt for male units.

Elise herself is not better than Nyx, but she offers amazing skills: Beautiful Flower + Demoiselle + Battle Command = +3 damage -7 hurt for male units.

Well that sounds pretty amazing, but that combination requires 20/15 Elise and being adjacent to a male unit which makes it pretty situational. Adjacency- or even within two squares- for a unit that gets OHKOd means that you have to be certain that there are no enemies in range by EP.