General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

The new addition of DW9 is kinda disapponting actually. Cao Xiu is not even relevant in the whole story or history. If you want to add a commander of Tiger Leopard Cavalry then Cao Chun is a much much better choice. Some of the more prominent characters who havent debut in DW yet:

Wei:

_Cao Zhi: slapped Cao Pi in the face in seven steps.

_Cao Chang: scared Cao Pi to Cao Pee.

_Cao Chun: better version of Cao Xiu

_Cao Shuang

_Cao Hong

Shu:

_Chen Dao: Shu version of Cao Chun

_Liao Hua

_Liu Feng: gonna have a lot of fun reaction with Zhuge and Liu Shan

_Yan Yan: best friend with Huang Zhong

_Li Yan: feud with Zhuge

_Liu Bi wives where are they lol?

Wu:

_That little brother of Sun Ce and Sun Quan who got killed in a party

_The guy above's hot wife

_Zhang Zhao and Zhang Hong

_Sun Quan's game of throne wannabe daughter.

__Zhuge Jin: the brother mom doesnt love

Other:

_A ton.

Edited by Magical CC

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Magical CC said:

The new addition of DW9 is kinda disapponting actually. Cao Xiu is not even relevant in the whole story or history. If you want to add a commander of Tiger Leopard Cavalry then Cao Chun is a much much better choice. Some of the more prominent characters who havent debut in DW yet:

Wei:

_Cao Zhi: slapped Cao Pi in the face in seven steps.

_Cao Chang: scared Cao Pi to Cao Pee.

_Cao Chun: better version of Cao Xiu

_Cao Shuang

_Cao Hong

Shu:

_Chen To: Shu version of Cao Chun

_Liao Hua

_Liu Feng: gonna have a lot of fun reaction with Zhuge and Liu Shan

_Yan Yan: best friend with Huang Zhong

_Li Yan: feud with Zhuge

_Liu Bi wives where are they lol?

Wu:

_That little brother of Sun Ce and Sun Quan who got killed in a party

_The guy above's hot wife

_Zhang Zhao and Zhang Hong

_Sun Quan's game of throne wannabe daughter.

__Zhuge Jin: the brother mom doesnt love

Other:

_A ton.

I'm surprised Liao Hua hasn't shown up yet either in particular.

On 23-12-2017 at 2:20 PM, Magical CC said:

What bothers me is that they refused to add more Jin era officers in the other kingdoms. Jin really needs more opponents other than Jiang Wei and his brigade of very minor characters who only live that long because they are so minor we don't even know their official date of death.

And I don't get the logic behind not adding those characters. Not only would it make the lack of enemies less noticeable in the Jin story but the older generations don't need more people.  The Cao Cao era already has so many characters that any new characters either gets drowned out by the huge cast or helps drown out other cast members while people in the later era don't have that problem. They can make the Jin stages more interesting and further the story of their own kingdoms without getting in anyone's way.
Both 7 and 8 tried giving Zhuge Ke some relevancy despite insisting he remains a generic officer so why didn't they rush to turn him into an actual character this time around? He fits the Sima vs Zhuge theme and is pretty much the leader of a kingdom at the time.

I'm tired of the best story with the best cast getting hindered by not having anyone to fight.

I still stand on having less PC's for the Jin era works better, since for a game centered on the Three Kingdoms, it reflects the "end of an era" and "Shu and Wu aren't what they used to be" that was going on when Jin was eclipsing Wei.

That said, I do agree that maybe Wu needs one or two more PC's. Because Ding Feng and living-way-after-her-death Lianshi is still too low. At least, when compared to Jin and Gen2 Shu...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 12/24/2017 at 9:11 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

What bothers me is that they refused to add more Jin era officers in the other kingdoms. Jin really needs more opponents other than Jiang Wei and his brigade of very minor characters who only live that long because they are so minor we don't even know their official date of death.

The problem is, in every kingdom's later years the number of truly notable characters we have available can be counted on one hand. Zhuge Ke and Lu Kang's basically it for Wu, unless we want to reach deep and start adding no-name later Wu officers who basically were incompetent and then died.

The sad irony is, out of all of Jiang Wei's officers, the only one who's actually entirely historical and date of death we don't know is Xiahou Ba, aka the one who's actually playable. 

On 12/23/2017 at 3:54 PM, Jedi said:

I'm surprised Liao Hua hasn't shown up yet either in particular.

Yeah I don't get it either, especially since his former YT buddy/local fanfic character Zhou Cang was just added. Plus he'd flesh out Shu's later roster some more, given how long he lived.

26 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

The problem is, in every kingdom's later years the number of truly notable characters we have available can be counted on one hand. Zhuge Ke and Lu Kang's basically it for Wu, unless we want to reach deep and start adding no-name later Wu officers who basically were incompetent and then died.

The sad irony is, out of all of Jiang Wei's officers, the only one who's actually entirely historical and date of death we don't know is Xiahou Ba, aka the one who's actually playable. 

I don't think that would be a new phenomenon. In Shu they've been adding a lot of no name people just to give Guan Yu more family members. Guan Suo and his stalker probably never even existed to begin with.

Adding Lu Kand and Zhuge Ke would be a very good start, especially Zhuge Ke. The generic NPC emperor of Wu tends to be depicted as an irredeemable tyrant so they could expend that to show how much the Sun family has fallen.
For Shu there's this officer....can't come up with his name but there was this solid but unremarkable general who was put in charge because everyone else was dead. ''Shu has no one left ''insert name here'' is leading there army'' one Wei soldier reportedly once said. They could do something interesting with a character like that, a capable old man who spend his childhood watching heroes and finds himself struggling to compare against them. Apparently that guy did once beat Sima Yi's ridiculous hat off his head and kept it at home as his trophy. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So its seems there's going to be a Chinese dub for DW9

......WHAT!? 

They've been doing this for RoTK for quite some time now. 

It's about time DW got it.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

They've been doing this for RoTK for quite some time now. 

It's about time DW got it.

I wonder where they got the extra money from. I always thought them skipping on dubs was because it was so costly but now they include a third languege despite the cast being massive.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I wonder where they got the extra money from. I always thought them skipping on dubs was because it was so costly but now they include a third languege despite the cast being massive.

Well I don't know how many Chinese can afford video games, but the country is what? 1.1-1.2 Billion people? And even if the upper and middle classes able to afford video games are only 25% of the population, that is still about every individual in the US regardless of age. That seems like a large group of customers to appeal to just west of Japan. Chinese shouldn't be too hard to find VAs for, given the geographic proximity. And DW is based on classic Chinese history and literature, so I see the games at face value attracting some interest among the Chinese.

9 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Not sure, but maybe its partly to do with the entirely new English voice cast. They might have been more cost effective to the point of it being possible.

On new officer that could have been i wonder why Fei Yi isnt in yet

You know the monster who carried late era shu to lasts several years by himself

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Thanks to @Tryhard for bringing this video to my attention. A bit of gameplay and stuff showed off.

Also this little report, https://www.gamespot.com/articles/koei-tecmo-still-wants-a-star-wars-dynasty-warrior/1100-6456255/

That last one ain't happenin', not while Electronic Ass has that licence by the balls.

8 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

That last one ain't happenin', not while Electronic Ass has that licence by the balls.

After the backlash against Battlefront 2, not so sure it'll be as hard as you say. 

On 1/28/2018 at 4:33 PM, Jedi said:

I do like to see a Star Wars Warriors game happen since the only Warriors games that I played was Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors. I kinda wondered what will Koei Tecmo will handle the enemies from Star Wars franchise in case if they start planning on developing Star Wars Warriors. I do like to see one of the Jedis or Rebels with Blasters similar to like the archers from Takumi, Niles, and Anna in Fire Emblem Warriors can beat a horde of Stormtroopers and Battle Droids like in the Warriors games instead of killing one by one like in the movies.

Some people got the game early heres a bit of footage 

We now know only 3 of the 90 characters will be unlocked at the start, so you have to start the game as Cao Cao, Sun Jian or Liu Bei, but it seems to be easy to unlock more people simply from meeting up with them etc. 

https://www.exophase.com/game/dynasty-warriors-9-psn/trophies/

List of PSN trophies. 

Thanks to @Tryhard for finding these.

Following the examples of Nioh and FE:W we have Graphics mode between Movie & Action as well 

Edited by Jedi

Watching this guy try to jump up the walls in the beginning when "Grappling Hook" was right there infuriated me for some reason

No comment on the voice acting because... no. Also towards the end of the vid, "quality video game"

Other than that, somehow managed to look even less impressive than I finally gave it credit for, and I'd still play it. Forging piques my interest, as does the horse raising that's supposed to be present as well.

Edited by Soledai

34 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Watching this guy try to jump up the walls in the beginning when "Grappling Hook" was right there infuriated me for some reason

No comment on the voice acting because... no. Also towards the end of the vid, "quality video game"

Other than that, somehow managed to look even less impressive than I finally gave it credit for, and I'd still play it. Forging piques my interest, as does the horse raising that's supposed to be present as well.

I'd expect some difficulties to be had especially by Koei on transferring to an open world game. That said, I don't really think it's a DW6.

I like some of the voice acting, like Dong Zhuo, but others are just not good. That said, I saw some people trying to pin it as worse than DW3. I don't know how recently they played DW3, because that was uniquely awful. This is just somewhat half-hearted.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:55 PM, Jedi said:

I saw Black Kite on twitter say he was really enjoying it, so we'll have to see how we all feel about it.

Hopefully it's solid; either way though, not enthralled with that 40 gigabyte download size (between it and Code Vein I may actually end up running out of space on my Xbox).

Edited by The DanMan

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So opinions on DW9 seem rather...uh mixed. People either like it or really, really hate the game.

What do the people on here think?

I think it's alright with some neat ideas, it's very flawed though.