Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

You can farm support points in Conquest via My Castle battles (or DLC maps, some of which are free) if that's an issue.

Oh yeah.

I've forgot. Chroms map. That is valid in debates because the map is free.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To hide the fact Fire Emblem ever existed obvs. That'll fix the problem. /s

Honestly that's a more baffling part... like I don't remember thinking it even showed skinship?

The May direct was the initial showing of it, with the longer video coming out later.

I'm having this nagging feeling that it may be Team A/Team B drama. One can wonder what exactly is going on internally... .

The May direct was the initial showing of it, with the longer video coming out later.

I'm having this nagging feeling that it may be Team A/Team B drama. One can wonder what exactly is going on internally... .

Oh yeah, wasn't there something about how not even the entirety of the IS development team wanted skinshipping? I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if there was something going on regarding that right now.

my castle battles to dictate who is right obvs

Oh yeah, wasn't there something about how not even the entirety of the IS development team wanted skinshipping? I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if there was something going on regarding that right now.

Arr. Someone is getting sacked over this.

(On my mobile phone by the way)

...Wow, who put the fire back in here? and here I thought there wouldn't be much more discussion in here now...guess I was wrong

So after reading from after I left ( a few pages back), I'm kinda shocked! Because:

1.) Nintendo is seems to be acting like Skinship never existed over here

2.) RD got cut...bad

I'm more shocked about the RD localization thing (I went to the thread linked).

I already knew about the lazy difficulty renaming and...ugh...supports being butchered...greatly(still ticked about that), but to know they actually cut a lots of other dialogue is rather disappointing.

I can live with PoR having a difficulty cut (although I would've loved to play that since I declare that game's hard mode as "normal mode", but RD got butchered...bad!

I wish they did better with that game because I still really like that game, it just hurts to know SO much was cut from the Tellius era of games, my favorite era of the bunch (you would think sequel to PoR would be massively better in almost every area, but it only was in some. And when I say "massively, I mean improve on everything).

PoR is still my favorite and RD is...slowly being pushed back(still like it though). I got even more ticked at RD when Awakening came out because it had SO MANY SUPPORTS! ...*sigh*...why RD...why? Only a remake could help, but that doesn't have much chance of happening...:(

Wait a second...PoR is considered pretty easy and RD is considered to be pretty hard...welp...guess they knew to make it harder at least... :3 (and have the beautiful feature battle save, like the one in FE4).

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention these games (mainly PoR) got me really into the series, so the cut is pretty deep to me.

Edited by Busterman64

This really makes me wonder exactly how they convinced the team to add skinshipping.

Basic gist of the story: Live2D tech is presented, Higuchi tells them to do something with it ("Just don't make anything too weird"), skinship with full upper-body groping appears, and the dev team is split down the middle. Nintendo had to butt in and compromise.

Basic gist of the story: Live2D tech is presented, Higuchi tells them to do something with it ("Just don't make anything too weird"), skinship with full upper-body groping appears, and the dev team is split down the middle. Nintendo had to butt in and compromise.

Yeeeah, okay, I think I remember hearing something like that. In that case I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to be associated with skinship. Since it sounds like they didn't even really want it as a whole. What a fucking mess.

"Don't make anything too weird."

- later -

tumblr_nsxobl0od41qcm0i5o3_250.gif

Here's a passage from TvTropes on it

:" The skinship minigame was originally much more extremeexternal_link.gif, with the cursor being a hand and the ability to touch the character anywhere on their body, though it would have been limited to whoever the Avatar married. It was to the point that even some of the developers considered it disgusting, and Nintendo ultimately agreed with them and asked to tone it down."

Honestly I like the original version more. Being very intimate with your spouse is a lot less creepy than being intimate with everybody in the army, and far more sensical. It baffles me why Team B is less liked than Team A, as it seems it was Team's A fault that FE-Amie was reworked so you could do it with everyone, instead of just your spouse.

That said, I'm not in favor of skinship being in the series, but rather, if it had to be in the series, I prefer Team B's original concept of it over the finalized version where Kamui is basically a serial molester.

I know you represent Team B, Ebony. Don't lie.

Eh I can't deny I was wanting some face touching but I don't think I'd be willing to go all the way and just be like

"Hey lmao Suzukaze lemme touch your chest"

Eh I can't deny I was wanting some face touching but I don't think I'd be willing to go all the way and just be like

"Hey lmao Suzukaze lemme touch your chest"

I'd touch Rinka's abs once. For science!

To rub away the lies.

:" The skinship minigame was originally much more extremeexternal_link.gif, with the cursor being a hand and the ability to touch the character anywhere on their body, though it would have been limited to whoever the Avatar married. It was to the point that even some of the developers considered it disgusting, and Nintendo ultimately agreed with them and asked to tone it down."

Honestly I like the original version more. Being very intimate with your spouse is a lot less creepy than being intimate with everybody in the army, and far more sensical. It baffles me why Team B is less liked than Team A, as it seems it was Team's A fault that FE-Amie was reworked so you could do it with everyone, instead of just your spouse.

That said, I'm not in favor of skinship being in the series, but rather, if it had to be in the series, I prefer Team B's original concept of it over the finalized version where Kamui is basically a serial molester.

I'm with you on this. I was only gonna use it on the person I banged. I mean, obviously I'd tone it down to how it looks now, but still keep it restricted to your spouse.

"Don't make anything too weird."

- later -

tumblr_nsxobl0od41qcm0i5o3_250.gif

HAHAHAHA

GOD I FUCKING LOVE HIS FACE WHEN HE DELIVERS THAT LAST LINE

its fucking priceless oh my god. i cried when i saw that internally. it's just so....BAD. in many ways.

thank you for enlightening me again

Edited by PopteenPrincess

(0_o)

...That is kinda borderlining into mature territory...seriously(Even if it was just for your spouse). This game would've been rated M based on that alone!

...for some reason, I just thought of that deep voice saying,

"Oooh yeeaah..."

Hmmm, wonder why? :3

(0_o)

...That is kinda borderlining into mature territory...seriously(Even if it was just for your spouse). This game would've been rated M based on that alone!

...for some reason, I just thought of that deep voice saying,

"Oooh yeeaah..."

Hmmm, wonder why? :3

Pfft, GTA has thought me that ESRB ratings do jack squat from preventing kids from playing age inappropriate games.

Plus, that's nothing compared to other stuff in the series. In Genealogy, the MC is burned alive after being NTR'ed by the villain, and said villain is the half brother of the MC's wife. When I discovered that I was far more disturbed by it than skinship. So yeah, M-rated stuff is nothing new to the series really.

Oh gosh, being able to touch your spouse anywhere?

(つд`///) I need an adult.

Don't let Camilla hear you say that. Or Niles.

To hide the fact Fire Emblem ever existed obvs. That'll fix the problem. /s

next the corrin smash dlc is cancelled and the patch that adds bayonetta reskins all the fire emblem characters into zelda characters

it is the only way

Plus, that's nothing compared to other stuff in the series. In Genealogy, the MC is burned alive after being NTR'ed by the villain, and said villain is the half brother of the MC's wife. When I discovered that I was far more disturbed by it than skinship. So yeah, M-rated stuff is nothing new to the series really.

the problem with this comparison is that in genealogy you could not touch the boob Edited by maybe

So we could have had the potential to fondle old man Gunter's crotch. Damnit!

So, uh, I know this question is a bit off-topic, but given how often we quote each other in this thread... how exactly does quoting work? I figured it was pressing the Quote button in the bottom-right corner of a post, but that doesn't do anything far as I can tell. It just opens up an empty post textfield. I'm still rather new here so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if my browser just doesn't recognize certain functions.

Edit: And I ask that RIGHT after a mod requests everyone remain on-topic. Of course.

Edited by Anomalocaris

And then I warn everyone for going off-topic. ;/Please think of the mods, and try to stay on-topic~!

Fire Emblem. Skinship. Got it! :3

So we could have had the potential to fondle old man Gunter's crotch. Damnit!

So, uh, I know this question is a bit off-topic, but given how often we quote each other in this thread... how exactly does quoting work? I figured it was pressing the Quote button in the bottom-right corner of a post, but that doesn't do anything far as I can tell. It just opens up an empty post textfield. I'm still rather new here so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if my browser just doesn't recognize certain functions.

Edit: And I ask that RIGHT after a mod requests everyone remain on-topic. Of course.

Gotta love that timing, huh?

To be quick (and stay on topic), press the Quote button on the bottom right and text of the post should show. For example, if I quoted you, it would look lime this...

(Took out the first and last brackets)

quote name="Anomalocaris" post="4202725" timestamp="1454188023"]So we could have had the potential to fondle old man Gunter's crotch. Damnit!

Edit: And I ask that RIGHT after a mod requests everyone remain on-topic. Of course.[/quote

Just say what you want under it! Oh, and while I'm quoting you...

This is indeed a sad time for Gunter lovers everywhere! All they wanted was to skinship Gunter...poor things... :P

Edited by Busterman64