The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Esme: 'The lyrics are based off a poem by Siegfried Sassoon titled, "A Letter Home".' Electrelane's To the East was the second-ever Vicar song!

Thor Odinson, with what is accurately noted to not be a Chinese song.

Ever since the two playlists have been a thing, they keep adding twice to each playlist with one click and it's really aggravating.

Harmonikka Tuuli- nice. Liked it when the guitar came in

The Valleys- I got into Electrelane because of the Vicar thread and enjoy them quite a bit now

The Rest of the Sun Belongs to Me: it started at FAST and never slowed and I was perfectly okay with that

'Don't have anything to say about the music itself but iirc Pink Martini got sued over the lyrics since they took some of them from a poem that they thought was public domain but was, in fact, not public domain. /fun facts with fal '

This makes Ambling Falchion's submission the French version of Land Down Under, then.

I saw Sonata Arctica and HAD to come in! As usual, they deliver.

Pink Martini - This song sounds like it should go with a pink martini, a poodle, and a nice view of a river. Reminds me of something I'd see in an older movie, which is perfectly alright.

daddy's home

Integrity

couldn't get into their song, but i could get into their visuals

disinnocence

this band's been a weird journey for me. went from kid a being the first album i bought with my own money yrs ago --> "most overrated band ever" - me --> "'overrated' is overrated, kid a and amnesiac are good actually" - me --> not a fan. i like, pretty quickly un-got them? there's a lot i could say but i don't wanna rain on anyone's parade (that's thom yorke's job /zing). they certainly try, and hard

Excellen

really delicate background piece. nice but feels like more of a soundtrack than something i'd listen to standalone, personally

Esme

ooh i know this band. they're like stereolab but with more rock and less... communism? yup, nailed it. the power out is a good album

Thor Odinson

cheesy-but-that's-what-makes-it-great power metal doesn't do it for me and i feel i'm missing out on something fun :'''''''''''''''''''''''''(

Ambling Falchion

another ambling falchion song, another "hey that was p alright" dijon mustard reaction

smd captain mustard

rude. looks like someone forgot how to say "please"

Loner: it felt like a professionally produced mash up of two songs that really shouldn't go together but somehow do. Also damn he can rap fast

Ultra Thizz: that was pretty great. The artwork reminds me of Race the Sun, which this would fit quite well

i return from a binge of one punch man and now i'm sad. i miss vaccine man. (please stop setting the bar so high to break the record for most song comments in one post i used to be the king)

Harmonikka Tuuli: some pretty nice easy listening music. nothing extremely special, but it's really good for what it is.

The Valleys: every time a new element was added the song seemed to get better. choral vocals seem to be something i enjoy more than most things. good shit.

The Rest of the Sun Belongs to Me: like the last metal song that was posted here (you know, that one), the vocals needed to be more prominent in the mix, but the rest of it was good. never listened to these guys when i was super into this style of music, but maybe i'll give them a try now.

Sympathique: i liked the vocal effect on this song mixed with the whateveritscalledgenre of music this is, so two thumbs up from me.

Loner: this motherfucker's flow was pretty fast so that was cool, but, i don't know, just like most of the songs in the genre, it's just not my aesthetic. they're enjoyable listens, but i just don't vibe with them. (is the over-usage of commas considered a mental condition)

Ultra Thizz: this song could get me pretty hyped, so that's cool. this song is cool. you're cool.

i got into radiohead extremely late (but early enough to get into the moon shaped hype pool), so i've never gone through the weird processes that people seem to have with them i don't know maybe i'm too simple minded but seriously at least check out 'kid a' or 'ok computer'. everything in their discography is ultra high quality (save pablo honey make your own decision on this one, but it's not as bad as every says it is), so you will at least find something you dig somewhere along the line. i'd go into stuff about each album but i don't have the time to type that out (yet again) and i'm pretty sure you already know your opinion on radiohead anyway.

Shadowess: "it's a cover of the original song by bill withers but it was released on her album and i heard this version first, so i'll link this one"

I went ahead and listened to both this version and the original for context, and I think the cover did a nice job of reimagining it with its darker, more intense mood. I think the repetition at the end could have been a little shorter and still had the same effect, but as is it's not bad.

I'm torn. This Argentine representation is really great and I'd like it to continue, but is it worth allowing coke prices to remain prohibitively high?

Or was the obvious answer "yes" the whole time?

Our dear fuccboi actually introduced me to Kid Cudi, possibly with this specific song, IIRC the conversation went

'man i need more music like kanye west in my life'

'what album in particular'

'dark twisted fantasy'

'good fucking luck but this is the best i can think of'

heartwarming stuff

anyway it's pretty apt only hopefully not very apt because i'm going to a friend's birthday tomorrow night lol