Pokemon GO is OUT!

Alex95

So the leader of the team whose color is blue is a guy named the feminine form of the French word for white. Makes total sense, Niantic. :/

"Are you a boy or a girl?" is a totally valid question here XD

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the leader of the team whose color is blue is a guy named the feminine form of the French word for white. Makes total sense, Niantic. :/

Actually, I'm not sure if we know what gender Blanche is! Bulbapedia seems to going with female for her judging from this: "She is researching Pokémon Evolution and Team Mystic Trainers believe that by staying calm and analysing every situation, they can't lose. They are represented by Articuno." and while I can't seem to find anything on the official GO website to confirm it, I haven't seen anything that contradicts it either!! Either way, I'm not entirely sure I see the issue with Blanche being a guy with a feminine name, if that is the case?

(And I'm pretty sure the reason for Blanche's name given its meaning is because Mystic's mascot is Articuno, and white works as a theme colour for Ice types.)

Anyway, I'm super happy that we finally have art of the leaders!! I'm so glad I went with Team Valor, because Candela is beautiful and I love her.

Edited by Maiden of Ghosts

Put yourself in our place.

We were told last monday that the servers were ready and yet, nothing!

No wonder we are desperate.

I know right. Perhaps the postponement is due that people will make the servers crash or something, similar to what happened in Japan.

Also for people wanting the Leader's news, here's what serebii says:

Pokémon GO - Updates

During the San Diego Comic-Con panel, some news was revealed about the game's upcoming updates. In the panel, Niantic Inc. CEO, John Hanke revealed the first artwork of the leaders of Team Valor, Team Mystic and Team Instict, previously seen only as silhouettes in the game. As such, they will have a further role in the game which will be revealed at a later point.

leadersbig.jpg

I think Blanche is a guy. Anyways I don't make a big deal about the name, whether it is male or female. I've seen names being used on male in a language and being used on female in other languages; or even the same name can be used on both genders and it's fine, at least in Spanish.

Edit: Also I totally want Team Mystic, it just represents me. #TeamMystic

Edit #2: Although Candela looks hot and Spark looks cool. Those are some good designs.

Source: http://serebii.net

Edited by Quintessence

What does it matter though? Blanche is a cool name (lol), and they're pretty androgynous anyhow, so...???

Also, it's not as if Blanche hasn't been used as a male name before~o3o~

Spark is a total cutie! I chose correctly~!

Ahem. . .today, I finally evolved the biggest Paras I had into Parasect~! Don't care if its CP is meh, it's one of my favorites~! Also caught a bunch of random commons.

Lastly, game's live in Hong Kong!

Dear lord I have so many Weedle. Seriously, even just staying in my house most of the day, I've managed to catch 21 of the fuckers (By comparison, I only have 10 Pidgey and 5 Rattata). And I had plenty of candy to evolve one into a Beedrill (lovingly named Buntd, after THE LEGEND) He only has a CP of 196 but I don't care he's still beautiful.

Also, I finally caught enough Eevee to evolve one, and I chose to evolve my strongest one (at like 136?) into a Flareon, and he's at 342 now. I think I'm gonna pump him up with whatever candies I have left over after I manage to evolve two more into Jolteon and Vaporeon~

Ok, I managed to got up to Lv. 1 to Lv. 5 in one whole day today. (I was riding in the car with my mom while using the Pokemon GO app on and I nearly caught all the remaining Pokemon that I caught with one throw hit success, but some of the few are like around 3 tries.)

I managed to catch a Spearow as my second catch, Nidoran (Female), 2 Cubones, Pinsir, 2 Hitmonchans, 5 Rattatas, Zubat, 3 Pidgeys, Krabby, 2 Sandshrews, Arbok, 3 Mankeys, Paras, Eevee, Geodude, and Graveler, but lost 1 Venonat, Geodude, and Eevee. And speaking of which, I managed to catch a Mankey that was standing on the fruits in Trader Joe's. I visited like about 8 Pokestops and I have about 104 Pokeballs remaining + got 5 Eggs. (Not paying with money from the Item Shop)

And also, speaking of which, I did meet two people who have Pokemon GO that they did say that they have trespassed to the college that I was attending at during at the night and they did caught by the sheriffs & got into trouble. And also, I did managed to see the poor signaled GPS map when I went to a fer-well party outside that does show the Water tiles on the map. Is that Water tiles suppose to be where the GPS Signal fails to recognize that location?

Edited by King Marth 64

Team Valor member here, we managed to set up a level 7 gym, with pokemon around 1000 cp and a Lapras with 2000. We held it for two days before Team Mystic finally took over. It's a constant fight between Valor and Mystic out here, with Instinct not having much influence. I think the only way to hold a gym for any amount of time is to meet up with other players and organize, otherwise your gym is gonna get taken really quickly. Fun game, i'm pretty excited to see what's in store for the future updates, especially if it's related to the three teams.

Those are some good designs.

Honestly, these are some of my favorite human designs in Pokemon ever.

Definitely among the top.

EDIT: what's this about finding Pokemon in your room? My house gets big plain of nothing

Edited by Sylphid

I've come to realise that almost nobody in my town joined Instinct. I took down a Valour gym only for Mystic to come and snatch it!

I've come to realise that almost nobody in my town joined Instinct. I took down a Valour gym only for Mystic to come and snatch it!

I know how you feel man, I'm the only Instinct dude in my district and everything I catch gets taken over by the pesky team Mystic.

Also in other news, I hatched my first Pokemon. It was a Ponyta and I named her Caramel cause I was munching on some while she hatched.

Edited by Raguna

Looking back at Blanche's silhouette, the figure is definitively male.

So, I'm pretty sure Blanche is a guy.

Yeah, this. He looks feminine in the face, but the body figure is masculine.

But yeah, back to the game. :P I picked up a 10 km egg and another 2 km egg the other day! I'm gonna get a rare Pokemon, yayz. :D (from the 10 km egg)

So, I've been playing this since it came out here a little over a week ago. I don't really care much about gyms or battling, but I've been having fun catching Pokémon and hatching eggs. Currently at lv. 15.

I don't really know how common PokéStops are in most places, but I'm lucky enough to have one that I can reach sitting right at my computer desk, so I've pretty much always got a fully stocked bag. The area I live in has tonnes of water (I live right on a canal and there are several more all over), so most of the Pokémon near here are Water-types. As a result, I've been able to catch and evolve a lot of Water-type Pokémon (Golduck, Poliwrath, Slowbro, Seaking, Starmie), and the biggest accomplishment I've had so far happened today when I was finally about to evolve a Gyarados! That was definitely pretty exciting.

It's a pretty amusing game, all said and done, and I'm having more fun with it than I thought I would. I don't really go out specifically for Pokémon, but I do keep my phone open and on me when I walk to go shopping or whatever.

You chose. . .correctly. :P:

Anyway, today was an attempt to refill my bag, after using most of my inventory to catch a Clefairy that spawned next to my computer. Found yet another Pikachu, so I'm happy~!

When you're stuck in work and you see a Scyther on the radar, refresh the game and it's still there. PokeVision is being shit and this fucking 3 step glitch is still not fixed.

Maybe another time eh.

Speaking of teams, I chose Mystic since I like Articuno slightly more than Moltres, but all the gyms around my home seem to be dominated by Valor players... Welp.

If I had waited to know the designs of the team leaders, I might have chosen differently to be honest.

I picked valor bc STRENGTH

I have no regrets

anyway last night my bf and I went to a rather pokemon-populous area near us and caught

-a fucking dragonite

-a blastoise

blastoise took my entire great ball supply, fucking asshole

I picked Team Mystic. I Recently caught a Seaking, my strongest Pokemon at 300 something CP. I know that's not that strong, but I don't play much. I have some eggs, and one's a 10 km egg, but only two incubators.

blastoise took my entire great ball supply, fucking asshole

There are other Pokeballs in the game besides regular ones? I mean, I did hear that the Master Ball was programmed in, but I've not seen any Pokeballs available to actually obtain except for regular ones. Do you have to be at a certain level to be able to get them?

On another note, I caught Jigglypuff and Psyduck, and evolved a Venonat and Caterpie! Also an Eevee to Flareon, which is now my strongest Pokemon and my first one over 600 CP. ^^ Yay for more Pokedex entries! I also got more eggs. One is near ready to hatch, so I'll take care of that a bit later. I'm also lv. 9 now.

On another note, I caught Jigglypuff and Psyduck, and evolved a Venonat and Caterpie! Also an Eevee to Flareon, which is now my strongest Pokemon and my first one over 600 CP. ^^ Yay for more Pokedex entries! I also got more eggs. One is near ready to hatch, so I'll take care of that a bit later. I'm also lv. 9 now.

You'll start seeing Great Balls once you hit level 12.

In other news I held two gyms for like 20 minutes! They then got wrecked because there's a massive Valour army here.

Ah, thanks! I still got a few levels to go then. :P

Ft. Bragg over here seems to be dominated by Valor too. I saw a lot of red gyms there on my way home today. Outside of Bragg though, Fayetteville isn't really dominated by any team. I've seen some gyms I could definitely take as well, but I haven't been able to go to them.

Team Valor member here, we managed to set up a level 7 gym, with pokemon around 1000 cp and a Lapras with 2000. We held it for two days before Team Mystic finally took over. It's a constant fight between Valor and Mystic out here, with Instinct not having much influence. I think the only way to hold a gym for any amount of time is to meet up with other players and organize, otherwise your gym is gonna get taken really quickly. Fun game, i'm pretty excited to see what's in store for the future updates, especially if it's related to the three teams.

A level 8 gym here gets taken down in 20 minutes. Haha. Super competitive.

What team do you guys think has the most/least gym's conquered? I'd say Team Instinct has the least, they seem like the underdogs to me, it's hard to tell between Valor and Mystic but i'd say Mystic has a few more.

I think they're going to keep the level cap at 25 for now (I believe it's 25, correct me if i'm wrong) so that people who started a few days late or can't play it very often can catch up, then increase it with future updates.

Edited by kantoorfarina