Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are theorizing that with those special pokemon listed before Solgaleo/Lunaala, and since they both come before the legendaries with the smaller one first and then the legendaries, the small gaseous one evolves into the star orb one, and that split evos into Solgaleo/Lunaala.

I think this makes more sense than thinking that the blue blob evolves into Lunaala and the star thing evolves into Solgaleo, basically because it'd be awfully weird that (say) pokemon #1 evolves into #4 and #2 evolves into #3.

Regarding the dex I think it's pretty ok, nothing spectacular, yet not lame and lacking. I'm glad the Guardians are following the Oricorio typing line to resemble Fire, Electric, Psychic and Ghost.

Haven't downloaded the demo, I'll be travelling during this week so hopefully I'll play it next week. Also, I have to preorder it.

I think this makes more sense than thinking that the blue blob evolves into Lunaala and the star thing evolves into Solgaleo, basically because it'd be awfully weird that (say) pokemon #1 evolves into #4 and #2 evolves into #3.

Regarding the dex I think it's pretty ok, nothing spectacular, yet not lame and lacking. I'm glad the Guardians are following the Oricorio typing line to resemble Fire, Electric, Psychic and Ghost.

Haven't downloaded the demo, I'll be travelling during this week so hopefully I'll play it next week. Also, I have to preorder it.

I like all the new Pokemon. What I'm still ticked at is that there are more Kanto Pokemon in Alola than there are Alolan Pokemon in Alola.

Seriously. Over half the Kanto dex is in there, about 1/3 of the Johto dex, a small chunk of the Hoenn one, and very little for Gens IV-VI. Could they have maybe cut back on the Gen I 'mons and had even less of a Gen III presence (ORAS are the most recent games, after all), instead sprinkling in more Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos 'mons? Especially the later two, due to getting very overshadowed.

I like all the new Pokemon. What I'm still ticked at is that there are more Kanto Pokemon in Alola than there are Alolan Pokemon in Alola.

Apparently Alola is a sub-region of Kanto. Kanto-form of Alolan pokemon when?

Seriously. Over half the Kanto dex is in there, about 1/3 of the Johto dex, a small chunk of the Hoenn one, and very little for Gens IV-VI. Could they have maybe cut back on the Gen I 'mons and had even less of a Gen III presence (ORAS are the most recent games, after all), instead sprinkling in more Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos 'mons? Especially the later two, due to getting very overshadowed.

I don't know what to say or to think to be honest. Just think of it, bringing 150 brand new pokemon will make the number of creatures increase exponentially from generation to generation, asides they introduce different mechanics from game to game (megas, alola forms) and now UBs: will they handle all 720 (or now 800+ pokemon) with the new mechanics and such? They have to be conservative on the number of new designs they make. I don't know if there will be a point where they'll need to migrate to a more powerful console (or home console) due to so much stuff being into pokemon.

I do agree that they give so much focus to Kanto, but perhaps it's because they want to apply these mechanics to each gen and they tend to begin with Gen I; for instance, I think there are more Gen I mega evos than in any other Gen (Gen VI has no mega iirc which is lame because it was the gen were mega appeared), but because they begin applying things in order. Imagine them dropping Alola forms in the future, Kanto will result in the only region with Alola forms; on the other hand they might alola other gens in the future (which is highly unlikely). But I think I make my point clear.

[spoiler=Can this place still be used for other info outside of datamining like a general spoiler thread]https://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-confirms-you-can-catch-ultra-beasts-in-pokemon-sun-moon

UBs deconfirmed for humans.

Welp, my hype has been considerably crippled. There go so many potential interesting things they could do with that.

HMs confirmed gone.

But Surf and Fly are TMs now.

#RIPCUT2016

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Sun and Moon are the Emperor Meiji of Pokemon. Seriously. The game could make no other changes and still be one of the best generations ever for that change alone (second to gen 4 for the physical special split).

Welp, my hype has been considerably crippled. There go so many potential interesting things they could do with that.

....which gonna end up destroying the whole series. This is pokemon, not Fire Emblem. So far, everything, included God, is pokemon. There's no reason for UB to not be pokemon. Adding a being that is neither human, normal animal nor pokemon gonna rewrite the lore completely and open to many questions and plot holes that dont worth the trouble.

Edited by Magical CC

Crabrawler's evo is probably Ice and Litten3 is probably Dark.

I doubt it in either case, Ice type gets utterly shafted every generation and if you think a Wrestler isn't going to be Fighting type, you have some odd foresight if that ends up being right.

I doubt it in either case, Ice type gets utterly shafted every generation and if you think a Wrestler isn't going to be Fighting type, you have some odd foresight if that ends up being right.

It's not very odd.

It's a Heel in wrestling. As in, the "bad guys." That's kind of what it's based off of. So it's logically possible to be Fire/Dark.

Probably not, but it'd make as much sense.

It's not very odd.

It's a Heel in wrestling. As in, the "bad guys." That's kind of what it's based off of. So it's logically possible to be Fire/Dark.

Probably not, but it'd make as much sense.

Well yeah, I know the whole Heel thing, but at the same time, it just doesn't sound like something they'd do, but I guess i'm just used to the whole Fire/Fighting deal by now that I just instantly assume it is lol.

(Gen VI has no mega iirc which is lame because it was the gen were mega appeared)

Diancie

HMs confirmed gone.

But Surf and Fly are TMs now.

#RIPCUT2016

If this is 100% true I'll be legit sad

[spoiler=Can this place still be used for other info outside of datamining like a general spoiler thread]https://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-confirms-you-can-catch-ultra-beasts-in-pokemon-sun-moon

UBs deconfirmed for humans.

Well, that fucking sucks. So much potential and ideas thrown out the window. Why even make them something different if they're just legendaries?

It makes no sense. There at least has to be something unique about them.

...At least we have 17 legendaries to X and Y's measly 7.

Well, that fucking sucks. So much potential and ideas thrown out the window. Why even make them something different if they're just legendaries?

Yeah, it's kinda sad, but at the same time, would it be worth it?

Like I said before, one the greatest charms in Pokemon is the fact that no creature is unobtainable. You see this cool creature and think "It would be cool to train one too!". Be it in the game or on an event, all Pokemon are available.

Is it really fair to make the Ultra Beasts unobtainable? Is it fair to the people who want to train one? Making them unobtainable would go against what Pokemon is all about: That no creature is out of your reach.

Would it really be worth it, in the grand scheme of things?

It makes no sense. There at least has to be something unique about them.

...At least we have 17 legendaries to X and Y's measly 7.

"Measly". Is an overabundance of legendaries a good thing? To me, less is more when it comes to story relevant mons, and it just feels wrong to include them on a team.

"Measly". Is an overabundance of legendaries a good thing? To me, less is more when it comes to story relevant mons, and it just feels wrong to include them on a team.

I'm just trying to find a bright side here because, as much as people like Thane and I got our hopes up, things are still looking better than X and Y. Hopefully UB's can't be caught until the post game, and with the shear amount of them the game's going to have something of a post game. One of X and Y's biggest criticism's were that it had very little to do after you beat the Elite 4, so I'm glad to see that's addressed in some form (especially since it functionally only had 4 non-event legendaries due to cover legends and locking you into one of the legendary birds).

And unless I have a gaping hole on my team, legendaries stay out. As somebody who's always been a fan of dex completion over competitive battling, it's fun (generally) to track them down and catch them.

Yeah, it's kinda sad, but at the same time, would it be worth it?

Like I said before, one the greatest charms in Pokemon is the fact that no creature is unobtainable. You see this cool creature and think "It would be cool to train one too!". Be it in the game or on an event, all Pokemon are available.

Is it really fair to make the Ultra Beasts unobtainable? Is it fair to the people who want to train one? Making them unobtainable would go against what Pokemon is all about: That no creature is out of your reach.

Would it really be worth it, in the grand scheme of things?

I don't think you need to spoiler this; a Nintendo rep officially said this. It's not something that we aren't supposed to know.

The issue is that they gave is so little information and included blatant teases, only for this to come out. If they hadn't made them out as so mysterious, there would've been less theorizing and less people getting their hopes up.

I really don't think UBs look like Pokemon at all- they break the aesthetic and look more like the main bosses from Etrian Odyssey 2 (which admittedly also nudged me into the "they could be humans" direction). What on earth are their typings even going to be?

They should've not revealed this pre-release- they were made mysterious, and crushing so much of the mystery wasn't a good idea.

Edited by The DanMan

....which gonna end up destroying the whole series. This is pokemon, not Fire Emblem. So far, everything, included God, is pokemon. There's no reason for UB to not be pokemon. Adding a being that is neither human, normal animal nor pokemon gonna rewrite the lore completely and open to many questions and plot holes that dont worth the trouble.

I don't see your argument, especially about this being Pokémon and not Fire Emblem. The Ultra Beasts being something different - a different threat, a different species, from a different world, whatever - would allow them much more creative freedom if they weren't catchable; for one, they could've been some form of humans. I don't see why that'd destroy the series.

As The DanMan often points out, Fighting is portrayed as heroic while Dark (literally "Evil" type in Japanese) is portrayed as, well, much darker, brutal and more villainous. I'm pretty sure they won't add yet another Fire/Fighting starter, but hey, I was wrong about the bloody Ultra Beasts.

...More like, Ultra Lost Potential.

I don't see your argument, especially about this being Pokémon and not Fire Emblem. The Ultra Beasts being something different - a different threat, a different species, from a different world, whatever - would allow them much more creative freedom if they weren't catchable; for one, they could've been some form of humans. I don't see why that'd destroy the series.

But would it be good to the series in the long run? Would it be fair to the people who want to catch and train the Ultra Beasts?