FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Captain Karnage

Hallelujah! The dream is coming to fruition. I'm as hyped for this as Joshscorcher was for Hyrule Warriors. In my mind, I too am hopping around the room making Daffy Duck noises. X)

The roster? I've never played a Warriors game nor do I know how their roster development is handled, but I'm not particularly concerned. But my dream roster is like what many have listed already, especially Anacybele's (with the maybe's plus young Tiki): lords from all continents, some villains, and some original characters (maybe some from Cipher...? And mowing down armies with Zelgius as a costume for the Black Knight. Please and thank you.). This is what I hope to see from the final roster, nevermind what the base game may consist of.

There's no reason to assume there will only be Archanea and Fates reps. Basing it on TMS and this new teaser is just ludicrous.

I've got four words for you: Never trust a trailer.

The teaser for TMS was nothing like the final product. Likewise in the FE Warriors teaser, seeing the orbs holding only recent regalia along with the classic Falchion is not an indication of anything. The disappointment of TMS's huge departure from its teaser is perfectly understandable, but then again, aren't there many teasers out there for movies and other games that resembled little to nothing like their final product? Teasers are made to hype us up. Nothing more. What happens after, only time will tell.

I do hope all lords from each continent are represented in some form, not necessarily for the purpose of a larger roster, but so Fire Emblem Warriors could be a series-wide tribute, sort of like what Cipher's been doing. Since there's so sign of Cipher coming out here, this could be the series museum piece, if you will, for us Western gamers.

And this time, PLEASE DUB IT! Sure I was disappointed TMS didn't get dubbed (no English-speaking young Tiki. Cry.), however FE Warriors must not pass up this opportunity to give several characters an English voice--or a voice at all--for the first time. Roy, anyone? He's long overdue. I've always wondered how Eliwood and Hector, among others, would sound voiced. Lyn's voice in Smash was...well it's not what I would've chosen but it was ok.

...And I just learned we're getting a Fire Emblem direct in a few days. Can I say how awesome it is to finally hear that? If memory serves, we've never had a Fire Emblem-focused direct before.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallelujah! The dream is coming to fruition. I'm as hyped for this as Joshscorcher was for Hyrule Warriors. In my mind, I too am hopping around the room making Daffy Duck noises. X)

The roster? I've never played a Warriors game nor do I know how their roster development is handled, but I'm not particularly concerned. But my dream roster is like what many have listed already, especially Anacybele's (with the maybe's plus young Tiki): lords from all continents, some villains, and some original characters (maybe some from Cipher...? And mowing down armies with Zelgius as a costume for the Black Knight. Please and thank you.). This is what I hope to see from the final roster, nevermind what the base game may consist of.

There's no reason to assume there will only be Archanea and Fates reps. Basing it on TMS and this new teaser is just ludicrous.

I've got four words for you: Never trust a trailer.

The teaser for TMS was nothing like the final product. Likewise in the FE Warriors teaser, seeing the orbs holding only recent regalia along with the classic Falchion is not an indication of anything. The disappointment of TMS's huge departure from its teaser is perfectly understandable, but then again, aren't there many teasers out there for movies and other games that resembled little to nothing like their final product? Teasers are made to hype us up. Nothing more. What happens after, only time will tell.

I do hope all lords from each continent are represented in some form, not necessarily for the purpose of a larger roster, but so Fire Emblem Warriors could be a series-wide tribute, sort of like what Cipher's been doing. Since there's so sign of Cipher coming out here, this could be the series museum piece, if you will, for us Western gamers.

And this time, PLEASE DUB IT! Sure I was disappointed TMS didn't get dubbed (no English-speaking young Tiki. Cry.), however FE Warriors must not pass up this opportunity to give several characters an English voice--or a voice at all--for the first time. Roy, anyone? He's long overdue. I've always wondered how Eliwood and Hector, among others, would sound voiced. Lyn's voice in Smash was...well it's not what I would've chosen but it was ok.

...And I just learned we're getting a Fire Emblem direct in a few days. Can I say how awesome it is to finally hear that? If memory serves, we've never had a Fire Emblem-focused direct before.

I think the way Hyrule Warriors handled the multiple eras is probably the main thing making people think we'll only see characters from the most popular games in the base game.

yeah that wouldn't make much sense. the mirages would be redundant compared to the actual characters they're based on, and somehow i don't think high school kids would fit either.

Alternate costumes should definitely be a thing at any rate.

Edited by Jotari

Due to the nature of TMS, that would be extremely awkward. I'd say no.

Would you be opposed to alternate costumes for Chrom and any other characters who showed up as Mirages based on their Mirage forms? I think that would be a good compromise.

Would you be opposed to alternate costumes for Chrom and any other characters who showed up as Mirages based on their Mirage forms? I think that would be a good compromise.

That would be fine. Putting Itsuki and Co. in there would absolutely NOT work, unless they sing the other army to death or something.

GUYS WHO'S HYPE ? I AM !

Those fucking frienchies friends of mine.

I made that topic on a French forum : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-3000646-47499069-1-0-1-0-je-veux-un-putain-de-musou-emblem.htm

And basically said : I WANT A FUCKING MUSOU EMBLEM ! Look at that ! [superb pictures]

And I went fully "YEAH I'M GOING TO NUKE THEM WITH RAGNELL" and stuff so basically I was hype.

THEY ALL MADE FUN OF ME ! Just a few were believing me too !

And now ? Guess who is laughing ?! Hahahahha those lovely retards !

GUYS DAMN DAMN DAMN IMAGINE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO NUKE TONS OF SOLDIER WITH FALAFLAME

OR GO WITH HAAR AND REKT THEM IN THE SKY AND STUFF AND *explodes*

Edited by Seo

That would be fine. Putting Itsuki and Co. in there would absolutely NOT work, unless they sing the other army to death or something.

This is coming from somebody who hasn't played TMS: don't they have actual weapons? As for the singing, it could be similar to Meloetta's Echoed Voice move in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U (music notes bouncing off of solid surfaces).

Speaking of singing, Azura (if she makes it in) could use her song to generate music notes that cause a speed reduction effect or something before going for the lance attacks or something.

It looks ridiculous but at least it looks unique at the very least.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Now you're just being pessimistic and negative. You said yourself that no one in Hyrule Warriors really sucked, and this shows that Koei knows how to not make characters suck. We also don't know exactly how long development has been going for the game. And if there do wind up being some issues with some characters in the end, there's a thing called patches. Smash did it lots of times.

Also, Smash Wii U/3DS has over 30 characters, not including DLC and it's agreed to be the most balanced in the series. I'm pretty sure it's possible to do the same in a Warriors game with the same number of characters.

Yes. They made most of them not suck. Note how small the initial roster was at around 13 playable characters. Then, after the game was released and they made content to expand upon that, we got 3 more through a free update, then 1 more through a DLC pack, and then 2 more through another DLC pack for a total of 19 playable characters on the Wii U version! Then, when they decided to make a Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS, they made 5 more characters to debut with it which is less than half of the original starting roster. And then, an update added 1 more character, and then the last three DLC packs added 1 character, 1 character, and 2 characters respectively. Note how relatively few they started out with and how they added relatively few people throughout it's DLC history in order to end up with a respectable roster of 29 characters, all of them being not-garbage with the worst still managing to consistently do what's expected of them.

And remember, Sakurai has had 3 games on him to define the roles of the veteran characters! Most of the returning veterans got tweaked compared to how some of them had drastic changes made to their movesets in the other games (and note that Brawl, the game that had most returning clones decloned, and the highest number of new characters introduced, got delayed multiple times before release, and is considered by many Smash fans as the most unbalanced game of the series). And the number of new characters that were actually made (which would necessitate more time since they're practically making them from scratch, and discounting the two clone characters) is around 15 (counting the Mii Fighter movesets as separate).

Yes. They made most of them not suck. Note how small the initial roster was at around 13 playable characters. Then, after the game was released and they made content to expand upon that, we got 3 more through a free update, then 1 more through a DLC pack, and then 2 more through another DLC pack for a total of 19 playable characters on the Wii U version! Then, when they decided to make a Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS, they made 5 more characters to debut with it which is less than half of the original starting roster. And then, an update added 1 more character, and then the last three DLC packs added 1 character, 1 character, and 2 characters respectively. Note how relatively few they started out with and how they added relatively few people throughout it's DLC history in order to end up with a respectable roster of 29 characters, all of them being not-garbage with the worst still managing to consistently do what's expected of them.

And remember, Sakurai has had 3 games on him to define the roles of the veteran characters! Most of the returning veterans got tweaked compared to how some of them had drastic changes made to their movesets in the other games (and note that Brawl, the game that had most returning clones decloned, and the highest number of new characters introduced, got delayed multiple times before release, and is considered by many Smash fans as the most unbalanced game of the series). And the number of new characters that were actually made (which would necessitate more time since they're practically making them from scratch, and discounting the two clone characters) is around 15 (counting the Mii Fighter movesets as separate).

I feel obligated to note that the three they added during that free update were already coded into the game, they were just enemy only for some reason. Not sure why actually. Not like there was any real balancing on them that needed to be fixed, their movesets remained the same and any slight updates could have been fixed in patches.

Edited by Jotari

This is coming from somebody who hasn't played TMS: don't they have actual weapons? As for the singing, it could be similar to Meloetta's Echoed Voice move in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U (music notes bouncing off of solid surfaces).

Speaking of singing, Azura (if she makes it in) could use her song to generate music notes that cause a speed reduction effect or something before going for the lance attacks or something.

It looks ridiculous but at least it looks unique at the very least.

Alright, a bit about TMS, which I'll spoiler just in case:

The main cast of TMS lives in modern-day Tokyo. In order to make TMS work, they'd somehow have to hop from Tokyo to who-knows-where. While there is evidence of other worlds existing alongside that version of Tokyo, I think it would be hard to justify Yet Another Weird Dimension connecting Tokyo to Warriorsverse.

When they're not beating up bad guys in some weird twisted alternate dimension world, Fortuna Entertainment focuses on cranking out actual entertainment. Tsubasa/Kiria/Yashiro/Mamori all have some sort of singing role or other (Eleanora might, but her main schtick is acting). Touma's a pure actor, and Itsuki doesn't really have any sort of on-stage presence. While they might have some knowledge of fighting due to their carnages, I think they'd be seriously outmatched by someone who's lived in a world where fighting is more normalized (namely, most other FE characters). It would be like having a dance-off between Tethys and Cynthia.

Speaking of musical based fighters, Dynasty Warriors has quite a few of those, such as a Harp player, whose sound waves cause massive AoE damage around her, a flute user, and then theres Samurai Warriors with its Guitar user...

So yeah musical based fighters wouldn't be out of left field at all.

Adding:

There's a... sort of, dancer-like creature in Samurai Warriors as well... or it's kind of implied from how she fights, with disco lights and all that hoopla in her musou attack. No musical instruments for this creature as she fights with a "magical robe"

Edited by Soledai

As soon as I saw those streaks of coloured light at the very beginning, I knew exactly what was happening.

I've played Dynasty Warriors and the Hyrule Warriors Legends demo and I must saying I'm very hyped for this. If these guys really want to make me happy, they can do some major fanservice and give us Anna as a character with a special move involving all the other Annas. Also, a character creator would be great. I completely understand why there wasn't one in Hyrule Warriors, but Fire Emblem has kind of become known for it lately and it was a feature in at least one of the Dynasty Warriors games (IV, if I recall correctly).

Also, Linde, Sirirus, Hector, Jakob and Shura for playable characters or bust.

I feel obligated to note that the three they added during that free update were already coded into the game, they were just enemy only for some reason. Not sure why actually. Not like there was any real balancing on them that needed to be fixed, their movesets remained the same and any slight updates could have been fixed in patches.

The three they added in the first free update were HW's NPC officers at the moment (Zant and Ghrahim were also expected to be NPC officers but they were elevated to the base cast during development due to their popularity amongst the developers). All three proved popular enough to be made into playable ones, and the first DLC pack notably focused on them. Notably, the playable versions have subtle differences from the NPC ones: Volga's Dragon transformation only divebombs as opposed to spitting a fireball before crashing down on the field, while Wizzro's five flames are homing flames when faced as an opponent and straight-traveling flames which can be detonated when playable (and in fact, I think that the detonation mechanic that his projectiles had is something that only the playable version can do). Both also had relatively short attack strings that were changed and prolonged in order to match the rest of the playable characters (notably, playable Wizzro fires less projectiles during his attack string). Cia meanwhile had her shockwaves and projectiles sped up a bit for her playable version.

Not to mention that all of them already had material drops unique to them that other characters made use of, so that's also a point for making them playable. The first two proper DLC characters after them had their NPC versions drop materials of base characters associated with them (Midna for Twili Midna and Link for Young Link), something that would go on to become a tradition for the DLC characters introduced in Legends (Ruto for Medli, Zelda for Marin, Tetra for Toon Zelda, Young Link for Ravio, and Ganondorf for Yuga), while the last one (Tingle) didn't have an NPC version of him at all until Legends came and they all got their own material drops and were promoted to the base cast for that game alongside the actual Legends debutants.

I could see something like that happening in Fire Emblem Warriors:

Imagine if there's two versions of Garon, one based on his normal appearance and one based on his true form. Imagine that an update or DLC then added a playable Garon who would look like the normal Garon but had attacks that could partially transform his limbs into the long appendages of his slime form, or temporarily turn into slime Garon for certain attacks, so that his playable moveset could pick from both Garons.

Also, a character creator would be great. I completely understand why there wasn't one in Hyrule Warriors, but Fire Emblem has kind of become known for it lately and it was a feature in at least one of the Dynasty Warriors games (IV, if I recall correctly).

It's appeared in Dynasty Warriors 4, 5, all of their expansions, then after 5 Empires, it's only appeared in Empires games.

It would be neat, but I kind of doubt it, it's likely we'll be looking at OCs in that case, which of course is fine too.

Edited by Soledai

Imagine if there's two versions of Garon, one based on his normal appearance and one based on his true form. Imagine that an update or DLC then added a playable Garon who would look like the normal Garon but had attacks that could partially transform his limbs into the long appendages of his slime form, or temporarily turn into slime Garon for certain attacks, so that his playable moveset could pick from both Garons.

I think it makes more sense to have a Garon who is generally in his normal form, may transform appendages for some attacks (á la Corrin in Smash) and fully transforms for specials. I know we had multiple Links in Hyrule Warriors, but it obviously goes without saying that those are their own distinct entities, tied together as incarnations of the spirit of the Hero. Garon, on the other hand, is one man who happens to have different states.

It's appeared in Dynasty Warriors 4, 5, all of their expansions, then after 5 Empires, it's only appeared in Empires games.

It would be neat, but I kind of doubt it, it's likely we'll be looking at OCs, which of course is fine too.

Oh, yeah, I think the lack of character creation is more likely to happen, but I remember it being a lot of fun in Dynasty Warriors IV, especially all the weapon options and just how deep it was. I think it'd be a good way to represent weapon classes which may not make it in by letter CaC's use them (such as Shurikens, if none of the ninjas get in, a possibility if the devs draw from all over the franchise).

I mean, the fact that the Shield of Seals doesn't even have the Geosphere and that the spheres are misplaced in the Fire Emblem is more telling than anything.

Going to remain cautious overall until more footage is shown. Not expecting even a touch of love for older titles outside of lords just to avoid the disappointment.

I think it makes more sense to have a Garon who is generally in his normal form, may transform appendages for some attacks (á la Corrin in Smash) and fully transforms for specials. I know we had multiple Links in Hyrule Warriors, but it obviously goes without saying that those are their own distinct entities, tied together as incarnations of the spirit of the Hero. Garon, on the other hand, is one man who happens to have different states.

Oh, yeah, I think the lack of character creation is more likely to happen, but I remember it being a lot of fun in Dynasty Warriors IV, especially all the weapon options and just how deep it was. I think it'd be a good way to represent weapon classes which may not make it in by letter CaC's use them (such as Shurikens, if none of the ninjas get in, a possibility if the devs draw from all over the franchise).

Should note that the two versions of Garon would be NPC officers, so we could fight normal-looking Garon for midgame-lategame, then fight Slime!Garon for the endgame when his deal is revealed. Playable Garon would be more like what you're going for.

A character creation would be great for FE Warriors, and it could get us stuff not represented by characters in the game (+ if there's only one gender Robin and Corrin, having a character creation system could conceivably let us build the other through that, maybe even get to use their movesets by having your created character max out affection points with them).

I mean, the fact that the Shield of Seals doesn't even have the Geosphere and that the spheres are misplaced in the Fire Emblem is more telling than anything.

Going to remain cautious overall until more footage is shown. Not expecting even a touch of love for older titles outside of lords just to avoid the disappointment.

Doing some research, I've just noticed that the Seal we see in the trailer matches neither the one from Marth or Chrom's eras, so it may be a version exclusive to the game, especially considering the design of the shield.

In terms of lords, I'm pretty optimistic. Awakening's Einherjar and the amount of continuity fanservice in Hyrule Warriors sets a pretty good precedent here. While I doubt they'll put characters like Seliph in, I can definitely see Sigurd and Alm happening.

I don't see an issue with FE Warriors pulling TMS characters along with the true FE character, they aren't redundant to me.

For instance, they can play as their Carnage Form rather than the Mirage itself. Itsuki plays differently than Chrom, he also is adept at lightning magic so he can be a mixed attacker; same with Tsubasa having access to force magic and Kiria access to both a staff and all elemental magic. I think it would be pretty neat.

= EDIT =

They can perform their Ad lib Performance as their main attack.

Edited by Quintessence

Well hello there hype, long time no see!

Reaaaaally excited for this, however you have to keep your expectations regarding the amount of characters realistic. The last Warriors crossover game that I was interested in (Berserk) really dropped the ball when it came to characters. Berserk has such a huge roster of memorable characters and yet you can only play 8... and one of them is freaking Wyald.

I expect 15 characters at most in the base game, maybe even less.

But if Nintendo is as deeply involved as in Hyrule Warriors I'm pretty optimistic regarding the overall quality of the game.

Doing some research, I've just noticed that the Seal we see in the trailer matches neither the one from Marth or Chrom's eras, so it may be a version exclusive to the game, especially considering the design of the shield.

In terms of lords, I'm pretty optimistic. Awakening's Einherjar and the amount of continuity fanservice in Hyrule Warriors sets a pretty good precedent here. While I doubt they'll put characters like Seliph in, I can definitely see Sigurd and Alm happening.

It is clearly a different design, but all prior versions of the shield have continuity on which spheres are placed where. Non-continuity Shield of Shields lookalikes aren't exactly on my list of things I want to see in the game. I'd rather them come up with an original storyline with an original Fire Emblem much like how each FE continent reinterprets what the "Fire Emblem" actually is.

I'm sure that a number of lords will get DLC packs (and believe me, smashing things as Hector would be one heck of a time), but I'd be more interested in playing characters besides the lords from older titles. However, I find that unlikely to happen. The lords from each game getting represented (half of them likely post-release DLC), a few villains from the newer games, a few original characters, and a few popular characters from Awakening and Fates would put the roster above 20 characters, close to 30, which is near the roster total of Hyrule Warriors Legends. I don't see anything more than that as feasible until they end up doing a Fire Emblem Warriors 2. If they end up proving me wrong, then hey, cool! But until they do I won't expect it.

I can see Oliver making it into the roster over Micaiah. Koei can have so much fun putting a move set together for him. Essentially the Tingle of the game.

Anyway, if this is anything like the vanilla version of Hyrule Warriors then...yes, main/only focus would be on Awakening, Fates and Shadow Dragon. Chrom being the main character so newer FE fans that started with Awakening have a recognizable face as well as allowing Chrom to have some sort of revenge by crushing mooks. Other FE characters, including TMS #FE characters as well as costumes, could appear as part of specially themed DLC packs. An OC is most likely going to be close to Chrom as a way to link everything together story-wise.

The Lu Bu would be Walhart, Garon or Emperor Hardin. Main big bad is probably an OC, Grima, Grima-Robin, Anankos or Medeus.

Also...Innes? Takumi with the Fujin Yumi is far more marketable and relevant.

Anyway, I'd like to see Eliwood, Ninian, Sakura, Takumi and Itsuki/Mirage Chrom as playable characters at some point.

A TMS story scenario (like WW in HW Legends) would fit pretty well thanks to the Awakening and Shadow Dragon focus. It'd also allow for stuff like Mirage Chrom as an alternate look for Chrom and maybe even the Utaloid appearance for Tiki. I'd be fine with a TMS themed DLC pack.

Edited by Lord-Zero