Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

The fewer 3-4* units we get as Resplendents, the faster we'll move on from the Gen 1 units with the lowest stats to later gen units that will end up with even more ridiculous stat totals. I don't like this. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I don't think we've seen the last of the 3-4 star Resplendents. They attract a somewhat different audience than the 5 star exclusive ones. They're much easier to turn into merge projects, so more low-mid spending players would be more inclined to spend on the sub for that month.

Also, having back to back 5 star exclusives and back to back 3-4 stars is a good thing, because it keeps them out of stagnant patterns. If they hadn't broken the pattern before, all 3-4 stars would have been Askr/Embla and all Muspell/Nifl would be 5 stars. And that would have been shit.

Also, do you really think that characters like Tharja, Camilla, Nino, Marth, and Catria won't see Resplendent alts? 

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

35 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't think we've seen the last of the 3-4 star Resplendents. They attract a somewhat different audience than the 5 star exclusive ones. They're much easier to turn into merge projects, so more low-mid spending players would be more inclined to spend on the sub for that month.

Also, having back to back 5 star exclusives and back to back 3-4 stars is a good thing, because it keeps them out of stagnant patterns. If they hadn't broken the pattern before, all 3-4 stars would have been Askr/Embla and all Muspell/Nifl would be 5 stars. And that would have been shit.

Also, do you really think that characters like Tharja, Camilla, Nino, Marth, and Catria won't see Resplendent alts? 

Yeah, fair points. Though if Catria gets a resplendent, her sisters should too. They're pretty much a set, regardless of each one's individual popularity. And even IS seems to recognize that since they gave each of them a bunny alt.

52 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Yeah. I don't believe these popular characters will not receive Resplendent alts, especially the main characters like Marth, Chrom, Robin... If Lyn, Ike, Eliwood, Hector and Roy got their theirs, these ones deserve as well.

It could also be that their metrics show a spike in FEH Pass purchases whenever a 5* Resplendent is announced. Or even just the data from individual retrospective Resplendent purchases.

So far, FEH Pass has given me:

• an extra Distant Counter
  • one 5* character I've never had (Linde)

If only for the second point (continuing to get Gen 1's I've never had the chance to get), continuing my subscription to the Pass is wholly justified.

7 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

So far, FEH Pass has given me:

• an extra Distant Counter
  • one 5* character I've never had (Linde)

If only for the second point (continuing to get Gen 1's I've never had the chance to get), continuing my subscription to the Pass is wholly justified.

I got 2 that I didn't have before, being Sanaki and Linde. I am hoping for Katarina to be chose someday, because I am also missing her in my barracks, and I like the character.

36 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It could also be that their metrics show a spike in FEH Pass purchases whenever a 5* Resplendent is announced. Or even just the data from individual retrospective Resplendent purchases.

I don't think they are agile enough to make snap decisions for us to see such effects this quickly.

It's been what... 5 months since FEH pass was started? Chances are, every single one we've received was started before FEH pass was implemented. 

I don't think that there is a pattern. I think they have specific appearances in mind for specific characters, and the end results are what we're getting, in roughly the order they are ready for sale (I say roughly because they can only give us one every 2 weeks, and they probably have multiple finished at any given time. You don't start a program like this without having multiple months of content ready.)

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

20 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't think they are agile enough to make snap decisions for us to see such effects this quickly.

It's been what... 5 months since FEH pass was started? Chances are, every single one we've received was started before FEH pass was implemented. 

True, but to an extent they could shuffle around the order of the upcoming heroes and commission more 5* ones while that's happening, resulting in a net dilution of 3-4* heroes by spreading the already-done ones over a longer period of time.

I actually don't like this new art as much, but it would be nice to get a +3 Minerva now. I got her younger self to +10...

However, I'd lose my F2P status that I'm so proud of keeping! I'm almost thinking of getting her!

Edited by GuiltyLove

I've gotten two units I didn't have before thanks to Resplendents (Sanaki and Linde), plus Distant Counter from Resplendent Hector. I'm cool with that. I'm fine with Minerva being the next one we get, too, and I hope the one after her is a gray/colorless unit.

Sorry for the random question, but, I want to know how can you get Roy, because i've downloaded the game yesterday, and i've have a lot of 5 star units for free, so i've noticed that in order to get units you have to summon them with orbs, ok, but it's completely random? I want roy, sa i've that exist 3 different roys in this game, and in order to get them, especially the legendary one (blazing lion I guess), it's all about RNG? Or there is other way?

2 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

Sorry for the random question, but, I want to know how can you get Roy, because i've downloaded the game yesterday, and i've have a lot of 5 star units for free, so i've noticed that in order to get units you have to summon them with orbs, ok, but it's completely random? I want roy, sa i've that exist 3 different roys in this game, and in order to get them, especially the legendary one (blazing lion I guess), it's all about RNG? Or there is other way?

Original Roy is a 3-4 star unit, so just summon some red units. He should eventually show. But other than the 5-star exclusive Brave Roy, the other versions are not available right now. And Brave Roy is only in non-new heroes and non-new special heroes banners.

7 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

Getting most units in this game is random. 

Regular Roy is a pretty common pull on any banner. Anyone who plays long enough will inevitably get several copies of him without even trying. 

The other three only appear as 5* focus units. Brave Roy is the easiest of them to get, since he can appear as on regular banners as either a focus unit or a non-focus one, although only on rerun banners rather than ones than introduce new units. Valentine's Roy is the hardest, he basically only appears on the first Valentine's Day banner, which gets rerun every February. Legendary Roy shows up every few months on legendary/mythic banners.

In general, if you're summoning on a banner with your desired character as a focus and doing your best to only pull that character's color, the average orbs needed to pull them is generally about 200, but since it's random, the actual amount can end up being way less or way, way more. It also depends on the specific banner and on the character's color: red is the most common orb color, so it's also the one least likely to have the unit you want. 

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

Getting most units in this game is random. 

Regular Roy is a pretty common pull on any banner. Anyone who plays long enough will inevitably get several copies of him without even trying. 

The other three only appear as 5* focus units. Brave Roy is the easiest of them to get, since he can appear as on regular banners as either a focus unit or a non-focus one, although only on rerun banners rather than ones than introduce new units. Valentine's Roy is the hardest, he basically only appears on the first Valentine's Day banner, which gets rerun every February. Legendary Roy shows up every few months on legendary/mythic banners.

In general, if you're summoning on a banner with your desired character as a focus and doing your best to only pull that character's color, the average orbs needed to pull them is generally about 200, but since it's random, the actual amount can end up being way less or way, way more. It also depends on the specific banner and on the character's color: red is the most common orb color, so it's also the one least likely to have the unit you want. 

I understood almost everything of what you said (because my english is poor), but to get this roy (from the image) is only during events?

blazing lion.png

7 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

I understood almost everything of what you said (because my english is poor), but to get this roy (from the image) is only during events?

blazing lion.png

Only during legendary and mythic hero banners which he is scheduled to appear in. He won't be in all of them, only some.

5 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

blazing lion.png

That is Legendary Roy. He's only available on certain Legendary or Mythic Banners. Legendary or Mythic banners occur near the end of every month and have a combination of 12 Legendary, Mythic, and 5 star exclusive heroes (3 red, 3 blue, 3 green, and 3 colorless).

12 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

blazing lion.png

That's Legendary Roy, yeah.

So far, he's been available five times. At the end of each month, there's a banner focused on legendary and mythic heroes, and he appears on every few of those. He was initially released in February 2019, and he's been rerun four times since then so far: in April 2019, August 2019, December 2019, and March 2020.

The next time he'll be available is in about a month, for July's legendary/mythic banner. Because they announce legendary and mythic reruns ahead of time, we know that the two units he'll be sharing red with on that banner are Altina and Legendary Ike, which is useful to be aware of if you're interested in those. Altina in particular is quite powerful.

You can use this tool to estimate the difficulty of getting the focus unit you want: https://www.fullyconcentrated.net/fehstatsim/

For Legendary Roy, we select "8%/0% (Legendary)" for the banner type and "Specific red 5* focus unit" for the goal. There's about a 50% chance of getting him in the first 140 orbs, but it could easily take longer. It takes about 438 orbs to have a 90% chance of getting him.

Edited by Othin

Since we just had a new player ask questions, here's something the Heroes Twitter just posted that would be most helpful to newer players...and Ike fans! 🙂

The ideas presented here are a lot like how I had my Brave Ike built for a while, actually. And it would work just about as well for legendary Ike too! In any case, WE LIKE IKE! 🥰

Edited by Anacybele