• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Using that chart, looking at each game's list of characters missing base versions and estimating the number of banners it would need to get their full playable cast in, assuming 4 characters per banner and generally about 3 being playable when feasible:

• SD/Mystery: 42 playable + 4 other = 11 banners
  • Gaiden: 7 playable + 20 other = ~3 banners (min 2, max 9) (it's not gonna be 9)
  • Genealogy 1: 9 playable + 10 other = ~3 banners (min 3, max 4)
  • Genealogy 2: 28 playable + 10 other = ~9 banners (min 7, max 9) (could do the 14 non-substitutes in ~5 banners)
  • Thracia: 35 playable + 2 other = 9 banners
  • Binding: 26 playable + 2 other = 7 banners
  • Blazing: 17 playable + 17 other = ~6 banners [min 5, max 8] (brackets so the site stops turning it into a smiley)
  • Sacred: 12 playable + 6 other = ~4 banners (min 3, max 4)
  • Tellius: 42 playable + 25 other = ~14 banners (min 11, max 16) (probably half or more being Radiant Dawn, it's got 20 playables so at least 5)
  • Awakening: 9 playable + 4 other = 3 banners
  • Fates: 18 playable + 20 other = ~6 banners (min 5, max 9) (some of the bosses here seem to be drawn in quite racist ways)
  • Three Houses: 16 playable + 24 other (counting CYL winner Gatekeeper) = theoretically ~6 banners but War Arc banners could throw this all off completely
  • TMS: 2 playable + 11 other = ~1 banner (technically max 3, I guess)
Edited by Othin

The next Forma Heroes are:

Spoiler

- Marth: Legacied Hero (Sword Infantry)

- Merric: Changing Winds (Green Tome Infantry)

- Caeda: Princess of Talys (Sword Flier)

- Kris: Unsung Hero (Lance Infantry)

That's a very good selection of formas. I have a +10 Young Marth, but be able to easily get Very good fodder... It will be worthy to spend a Forma Soul and Trait Fruits.

I wonder if they're going to keep trying to put Thracia banners in March, so they'll line up with AHR.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The next Forma Heroes are:

Hide contents

- Marth: Legacied Hero (Sword Infantry)

- Merric: Changing Winds (Green Tome Infantry)

- Caeda: Princess of Talys (Sword Flier)

- Kris: Unsung Hero (Lance Infantry)

That's a very good selection of formas. I have a +10 Young Marth, but be able to easily get Very good fodder... It will be worthy to spend a Forma Soul and Trait Fruits.

Love the inclusion of Merric, I'll have to pick him up. Unless I can get him from the free session of his rerun banner first, although I'm not sure the timing will even line up to make that possible.

I'm not really sure what skills he'd want to pick up, though. Atk/Spd Solo and Time's Pulse, maybe?

Yeah, pretty impressed by the units, especially since I used a Forma on Summer Laegjarn just yesterday because I looked at all the Forma units since the start of 2021 and couldn't see more than 2-3 that I'd want (excluding Spring Palla who I did get with the freebie). Hopefully this trend continues through the current season.

I don't think it changes my decision though as I'm extremely reluctant to spend any amount of resources on infantry, while Caeda as an enemy phase unit is probably someone I'd struggle to use effectively, and I don't know how well she's aged in the last two years of powercreep. Merric would be my pick if you twisted my arm though, especially since I have a lone -Atk one in my barracks.

I think I may even have exaggerated about how many 2021 Formas I wanted. I see Dorothea who'd be a reasonable pick just to have a 3H dancer, but neither her kit nor her art are that interesting. If I had to make it three, then, uh, Osian and Micaiah I guess.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I wonder if they're going to keep trying to put Thracia banners in March, so they'll line up with AHR.

Hide contents

Love the inclusion of Merric, I'll have to pick him up. Unless I can get him from the free session of his rerun banner first, although I'm not sure the timing will even line up to make that possible.

I'm not really sure what skills he'd want to pick up, though. Atk/Spd Solo and Time's Pulse, maybe?

Hmm...

Spoiler

Considering Merric is a Windsweeper and his special heals, you could go with Atk/Spd Ideal 4. With a buffing from allies, he can easily get Atk/Spd+9 in both phases. Time's Pulse is a nice pick, since makes his special ready to go.

Since his base kit already have Windsweep, a Lull Skill would be his next best pick... like Lull Spd/Res.

I believe we may see the banner rerun before the claiming formas time ends.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hmm...

Hide contents

Considering Merric is a Windsweeper and his special heals, you could go with Atk/Spd Ideal 4. With a buffing from allies, he can easily get Atk/Spd+9 in both phases. Time's Pulse is a nice pick, since makes his special ready to go.

Since his base kit already have Windsweep, a Lull Skill would be his next best pick... like Lull Spd/Res.

I believe we may see the banner rerun before the claiming formas time ends.

Ooh, I forgot about the Ideal skills.

So if I'm counting things right, Karla is the only FE7 seasonal we've gotten in over a year, since Ninja Lyn at the end of 2020. I wonder if it'll get an anniversary banner next month, that would be a chance to finally see its lords with their original weapons. Maybe joined by a Ninian+Nils duo?

Ugh. Another Fall of Hjorms with no Grail unit.

@Othin

Spoiler

I'd personally look to grab something like

Young Merric
Snow Globe+ [Spd] / Winds of Change
Rally Atk/Spd+ / Harsh Command+
Ruptured Sky / Righteous Wind
Atk/Spd Ideal 4
Lull Spd/Res 3
Time's Pulse 3 / Atk/Spd Menace / C Feud 3 / Fatal Smoke 3

You're probably never going to use him without Winds of Change and Righteous Wind, but I always like to grab brand new skills instead of the skills that he'll already have. You're also probably never going to use Lull Spd/Res over Windsweep or Watersweep, but there's no reason to get Watersweep when it's easily accessible from Soren.

I prefer Time's Pulse over Atk/Spd Menace since it will fully charge his Special at the start of each turn, but both are good options. C Feud and Fatal Smoke are for if you ever plan to use him in Aether Raids defense. I prefer C Feud over Fatal Smoke for this role and also because it's harder to get.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ugh. Another Fall of Hjorms with no Grail unit.

@Othin

Hide contents

I'd personally look to grab something like

Young Merric
Snow Globe+ [Spd] / Winds of Change
Rally Atk/Spd+ / Harsh Command+
Ruptured Sky / Righteous Wind
Atk/Spd Ideal 4
Lull Spd/Res 3
Time's Pulse 3 / Atk/Spd Menace / C Feud 3 / Fatal Smoke 3

You're probably never going to use him without Winds of Change and Righteous Wind, but I always like to grab brand new skills instead of the skills that he'll already have. You're also probably never going to use Lull Spd/Res over Windsweep or Watersweep, but there's no reason to get Watersweep when it's easily accessible from Soren.

I prefer Time's Pulse over Atk/Spd Menace since it will fully charge his Special at the start of each turn, but both are good options. C Feud and Fatal Smoke are for if you ever plan to use him in Aether Raids defense. I prefer C Feud over Fatal Smoke for this role and also because it's harder to get.

I like the sound of those. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 hour ago, Othin said:

So if I'm counting things right, Karla is the only FE7 seasonal we've gotten in over a year, since Ninja Lyn at the end of 2020. I wonder if it'll get an anniversary banner next month, that would be a chance to finally see its lords with their original weapons. Maybe joined by a Ninian+Nils duo?

Oh wow, has it been that long prior to Karla? I hope FE7 gets more seasonals this year. Maybe they could have a summer theme with Matthew + Leila, Oswin, Serra, and Hector, with maybe Florina or Farina?

The Japanese voice actors for Eliwood, Ninian and Fiora have all turned up recently (Resplendent Lukas for the Eli, Spring Maria for Ninian, Ascended Mareeta for Fiora) so there could be some FE7 alts in the near future. Though in regards to Ninian, I feel she'd more likely turn up on the Fallen banner rather than a seasonal banner. It doesn't help that IS already used her on the Bridal banner.

Oh and since I brought Fiora up, apparently someone on the English localization team finally noticed that the title of her summer alt had an extra "l" in Ilian and removed it. They also changed the English VA's name to Marin Miller, so I guess whoever went to edit that noticed the extra "l" and choose to fix that too.

On 3/18/2022 at 2:00 AM, Othin said:

Using that chart, looking at each game's list of characters missing base versions and estimating the number of banners it would need to get their full playable cast in, assuming 4 characters per banner and generally about 3 being playable when feasible:

• Gaiden: 7 playable + 20 other = ~3 banners (min 2, max 9) (it's not gonna be 9)
  • Awakening: 9 playable + 4 other = 3 banners

Yo, it's pretty crazy to think that by 2025 we might exhaust the entire roster of two games. Or even sooner if they (IS) decide that being seasonal alts only is "good enough".

I wonder what will happen after that. Will we just stop getting regular banners from Awakening and Echoes? I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

Forma thoughts:

Spoiler

Something I kind of struggle with in this batch... Caeda and Merric are both already pretty well built, and can only get better skills than what they come with by default. Marth of course needs quite a bit more help, but as a 4* demote that's not surprising. Kris doesn't really have the default skills for an EP build, so she also needs a bit of work.

It doesn't really feel worth it to try and give them inheritable weapons when it doesn't feel like they'll be switching from them anytime soon. Maybe something to try and do after clearing all the halls, if and only to have some more weapons to refine...

One of the rare HoF where I owned 3 out of the 4 units featured, and use them quite often. But I am not sure what to do with any of these potential forma, my Y!Marth is only +2 and Y!Merric is doing perfectly fine with his base kit. I am also really conflicted on F!Kris, am using Galeforce F!Kris in AR-O with minimal success (maybe pulled it off once every two Anima seasons). If I were to give her Ninja weapon then I might as well use Fallen Dimitri for better success rate. My copy is also +Atk -HP which is good with her default A Fury 4 for activating WoM. At the same time, I also feel compelled into spending forma soul on this HoF, since if I don't, I will most likely have to hoard until Awakening HoF to have a unit I want to build.

My plan:

Spoiler

F!Kris

Weapon:Ninja Naginata

Assist

Special: Rupture Sky

A:Flashing Blade 4

B:Frenzy 3

C;Joint Atk

Seal:Fury 3

The A Hero Rises Banner gave us information abotu next time Thórr: War God and Byleth: The Fódlan Star will be available for summoning:

• Thórr is returning in April's Legendary/Mythic banner and will be sharing color with Hel.
  • Byleth is returning in May. Other green heroes scheduled for that month are: Legendary Edelgard, Dagr and Ótr.

Now we have 4 green heroes scheduled for May. I wonder if they will move someone from that month to a future one, or someone is scheduled for a Hero Fest in that month, maybe for the Golden Week celebration.

The older Legendary from those 4 is Edelgard, but it's too early for her to be moved to Remixes. The newest hero moved to Remixes was Naga, and she is from May 2019. Edelgard is from April 2020.

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The A Hero Rises Banner gave us information abotu next time Thórr: War God and Byleth: The Fódlan Star will be available for summoning:

• Thórr is returning in April's Legendary/Mythic banner and will be sharing color with Hel.
  • Byleth is returning in May. Other green heroes scheduled for that month are: Legendary Edelgard, Dagr and Ótr.

Now we have 4 green heroes scheduled for May. I wonder if they will move someone from that month to a future one, or someone is scheduled for a Hero Fest in that month, maybe for the Golden Week celebration.

The older Legendary from those 4 is Edelgard, but it's too early for her to be moved to Remixes. The newest hero moved to Remixes was Naga, and she is from May 2019. Edelgard is from April 2020.

The original schedule said they'd both be in April, so maybe all that's going on Byleth trading places with one of the original May lineup? It'd make sense to keep Byleth and Thorr from overlapping again so soon - if that's what's going on, we should get the rest of the update explained when this month's legendary launches.

Dagr on the Hero Fest please. Nott got two banners last month, let's even it up. Funny thing is that I don't even know who they are as I skipped all the dialogue, but I always like to try novel new mechanics like Pathfinder. Fortunately Otr brings nothing new compared to Reginn so I don't have to tolerate his ugly mug. Hopefully there's also a Duo/Harmonic unit on the Hero Fest, like Catria on the previous one. Looking at the 2021 seasonal banners, the next one released after Catria was Hilda, which is fine by me. Caeda looks awful so hopefully that's a skip, and Duo Leif would be magnificent.

Definitely see a mixed Hero Fest as being better than just having two CYL5 banners that month, though people trying to merge CYL units up may disagree. I think it would suit me because I'm really only after Eirika, ideally two of her, so double-dipping shouldn't be necessary. Already have Gatekeeper as the freebie, Marianne is a nice-to-have and not essential, and Marth holds zero appeal.

47 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Another possibility is that it is a mistake on the notifications.

If you look at the New Heroes candidates to appear on Legendary banners, green (and blue) only has 1 Hero in line (completely forgot his name lol). If the Legendary this month is indeed red, it means for next month they would only have a green hero from April's New Hero banner to run, as the Mythic/Legendary is probably colorless, and that's too soon.

Having 2 months with 3 returning Mythics/Legendaries on green is a way to "hold" that line. It's what I think will happen with blue, kinda. We have a full blue this month. April will have A!Iddun reruning and she's the last blue unit we have. Then May has 2 units on blue and is my bet for the color of that month's Mythic/Legendary. That gives enough time for more units to fill that waiting line.

They could also move someone from May to April and that would work fine.

Edited by Rinco

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Funny thing is that I don't even know who they are as I skipped all the dialogue

tl;dr, Dagr is chill and likes to fight, Nott is serious... seriously obsessed with love or something like that, and they are both big muscle girls. Also Nott is dead because CHARACTER GROWTH! Also Dagr is watching over Reginn's kingdom while Reginn bros down with Askr.
And that is basically all you need to know about them now that they are no longer important to the story.