Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

I've got a newfound appreciation for Narcian over the last few days. His 3* level 40 is doing work. (Dude rapes maps like Arena Assault or Chain Challenge or Squad Assault, basically anywhere that you can see enemy deployment before choosing your own units.)

Narcian has been my go-to guy for blue management basically since he was released if I have the room. He can even shrug  off a magic attack or 2. I really need to give him a different special though.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'm the type that thinks that technically Magvel and Jugdral are not part of the main game as they don't feature any chapter in the story, whereas Tellius does, and so does Valentia, hence why Valentia has made a big appearance in the game (besides the release aspect). Magvel and Jugdral so far have only introduced units due to thematic summons and we have not yet visited their world nor their heroes bound by Veronica's silly contract. So the best one can aspire is a new story chapter with said units being in a banner. On the other hand, Tellius can now safely introduce whomever they want, specially PoR because Radiant Dawn is in the same boat as Genealogy, Thracia and Sacred Stones.

Libra may be either another staffbot with Renewal and Miracle or an Axe Fighter with Slaying Axe+ and some new skills.

Speaking of skills we still need some valor skills to show up, like Bow, Shuriken, Red Tome, Blue Tome and Staff Valor .

Maybe he'll get Recover, Miracle, Renewal and Staff Valor.

= EDIT =

Oh wait he needs a weapon. Uhh maybe Fear, Recover, Miracle and Renewal.

Edited by Quintessence

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That being said, I entirely expect for him to get the Lachesis / Lucius treatment and get stuck as a staff bot instead of potentially being an axe unit with a Killer Axe+ / Slaying Axe+.

fuck no

I 300% expect him to be an axe unit. Difference between them, he's generally a full-on warrior.

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

fuck no

I 300% expect him to be an axe unit. Difference between them, he's generally a full-on warrior.

well Lucius can't even use a staff until promotion. Libra's class is promoted from a cleric and nowhere else.

13 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

What a QUALITY analysis of the future of Fire Emblem Heroes.

Was mildly eager to see some introspective meta talk and opened up with a lame "jailbait" joke.

Dislike.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

well Lucius can't even use a staff until promotion. Libra's class is promoted from a cleric and nowhere else.

Difference being, Libra actually fights (like, canon-wise). And yes, I know Lachesis does as well.

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

Difference being, Libra actually fights (like, canon-wise). And yes, I know Lachesis does as well.

I don't know what you want me to say. Lucius doesn't fight? I just told you he doesn't use a staff until he promotes. And characters promote via fighting.

8 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

fuck no

Just to be clear, I'd much rather for Libra to be an axe unit instead of a staff unit too. It's just that I don't have faith that he'll actually get an axe after how Lachesis and Lucius were handled.

Libra needs to have an axe because otherwise we don't get REPENT, SINNER or I Am Your Omega outside his hero catalog and this can't stand idly by.

Sadly I can see him getting the staff but i want to dream

Wait hold on

396?cb=20170227131010

they even included her sword in her artwork
This is some next level trolling

I hope Libra shows up as an axe unit. There really is no excuse for Lucius being a staff unit (except from developers-didn't-want-to-make-light-magic" and I can't say I know enough about FE4 to explain Lachesis. However, we do need more axe units and Libra would be a good one to put in. Maybe they made Lachesis a healer because her base classes uses swords or something? Oh wait, swords never stopped them from putting more swords in.

20 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

On topic, it's interesting that Fates and Awakening have seen no expansions of new characters, just seasonals and Charlotte who's in a grey area between the two concepts. You might say the GHBs count, but all of the GHBs from Fates and Awakening were already in the game's code on release. At the end of the day, seasonal characters are one thing, but if you love some Fates characters that aren't Royals or their Retainers, or you're still holding out for the debut of Miriel or Vaike, you're kind of in a similar situation to fans of Magvel and etc.

Yeah, F&A are in a conundrum. They're too represented to demand new characters without being charged with favoritism, and they have continually gotten VG and Seasonal attention. To add more of them, while perhaps a popular move, would evoke much complaining. But the fact is their pool hasn't increased much since the game's release. I say just grin and bear it. Jugdral and RD are still without their lords and their closest allies/most major characters, and Magvel we can only hope is in the coming month to receive a banner.

Save Awakening and Fates Round 2 for the start of next year or something, and focus on fleshing out the missing games for the rest of this year. Start a "Season 2" of the plot with Veronica no longer the villain, which gloriously justifies a "rebirth" of the game and thus the ladling out of fresh Awakening and Fates characters. Though for Fates- there aren't that many non-retainer/royal characters to add. If DeNA wants, they can hold off on Holy War 2nd Gen until next year and release them a few months after they launch a banner with the children of Awakening (which could revitalize the Awakening side of things).

If Libra was in the game hopefully as an ax fighter. He would probably have the highest resistance for an infantry ax unit, beating Hawkeye, but  with lower defense and less health. His play style would be a green anti mage, ax unit, because we need more of that.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I hope Libra shows up as an axe unit. There really is no excuse for Lucius being a staff unit (except from developers-didn't-want-to-make-light-magic" and I can't say I know enough about FE4 to explain Lachesis. However, we do need more axe units and Libra would be a good one to put in. Maybe they made Lachesis a healer because her base classes uses swords or something? Oh wait, swords never stopped them from putting more swords in.

Lachesis does use swords in her base class of Princess in addition to having the same holy blood that allows Eldigan to wield Mystletainn, though not enough of it to actually wield it herself.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Lachesis does use swords in her base class of Princess in addition to having the same holy blood that allows Eldigan to wield Mystletainn, though not enough of it to actually wield it herself.

And her Magic growth is actually virtually nonexistent and she has a good Strength growth via the minor Hezul Blood; her Sword Rank is an A and her Staff is a C (the lowest possible weapon rank in FE4). So Lachesis is first and foremost a physical unit, who uses Staffs more for the EXP gain and occasional healing than anything else.

She also lacks a horse until promotion to the wickedly strong Master Knight class, which can use all non-Holy physical weapons, Staffs, and all magic but high level Light and all levels of Dark.

30 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It was a "too many swords" joke.

Okay, I've come to see and accept that I just kind of suck at this game. It's embarrassing. But I'd like to get better. So far, all I can do well is normal story mode (cleared all chapters on all difficulties), and sorta well in the regular arena (I typically score almost 4,000 or just over). I have a lot of trouble with just about everything else, including some quests (though I did manage to clear all August quests except the 10th stratum ones so far).

Thing is, I'm not sure what I do wrong other than maybe I need to work on positioning and paying attention to skills more? I'm not exactly sure. I do know that a little more SI is probably needed, but I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Here are my most trained up units too, for reference.

Spoiler

MFXNHeY.png r82Whst.png

I know some of these don't have the most ideal bane/boon combos. Ryoma and Summer Freddy are -Spd, Alm is -Atk, and Minerva is +Res,-Atk, poor girl...

But the rest should be okay, I would think. Most of my 5 stars are either +Def or +HP with -Res as the most common bane. :P As for skills:

Ike - Ragnell, Aether, Reposition, Heavy Blade 3, Sword Breaker 3, Threaten Spd 3
Frederick - Hammer+ (planning to give him Brave Axe+ tho), Bonfire, Reposition, Armored Blow 2, Axebreaker 3, Fortify Def 3 (planning to give him Hone Cavalry too though)
Summer Freddy - Seashell+, Bonfire, Ardent Sacrifice, Darting Blow 3, Seal Atk/Spd 2, Threaten Spd 2
Ryoma - Raijinto, Dragon Fang, Swap, Speed +2, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3
Sharena - Fensalir, Dragon Fang, Rally Attack, Speed +3 (probably should be something else), Swordbreaker 2, Fortify Def 3
Ephraim - Siegmund, Moonbow, Pivot, Fury 2, Quick Reposte 2, Hone Spd 3
Reinhardt - Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Fury 2 (I made a mistake on this one though, it doesn't synergize well with LB), Lancebreaker 2, Goad Cavalry
Azura - Sapphire Lance+, Dragon Fang, Sing, Speed +3, B Tomebreaker 2, Hone Atk 3
Male Robin - Blarraven+, Bonfire, Draw Back, Triangle Adept 2, Swordbreaker 2, Spur Def 3
Stahl - Ruby Sword, Bonfire, Swap, Defense +3 (probably should be replaced too), Quick Reposte 2, Ward Cavalry
Summer Female Robin - Deft Harpoon+, Moonbow, Reposition, HP/Def 2 (probably should be replaced), Breath of Life 2
Camus - Gradivus, Growing Thunder, Grani's Shield, Vantage 3, Fortify Cavalry
Marth - Falchion, Dragon Fang, Pivot, Fury 3, Escape Route 3, Spur Spd 3
Nino - Gronnblade+, Iceberg, Draw Back, Res +3 (will definitely be replaced), Desperation 2, Hone Atk 3
Klein - Brave Bow+, Reposition, Glacies (probably needs to be something else), Death Blow 3, Quick Reposte 3, Spur Atk 2

None of my other units are SI'd yet (aside from regular Female Robin having gotten Reposition and Hawkeye getting Poision Strike 2). But I'd like to give SI to the Macedon siblings and Palla when I'm ready to make a flier team. Fourth flier will be Valter for the time being.

So there you have it. I'm open to any advice here. Any at all.

Edited by Anacybele

Lumi's Ryoma uses Fury, so I'd suggest that on him. Sharena could also probably run it.

Death Blow on Reinhardt as soon as you can. Also, goad cavalry is fine but if you're ever running him with infantry I'd suggest giving him another C-skill that his infantry teammates can take advantage of. Lancebreaker 3, if you can ever get it, will also help a lot.

Put reposition and draw back on as many of your main units as you can. Both of those help me out so much. Swap, unfortunately, does not always get the job done so you want to at least have draw back and reposition. I don't use pivot. I know it has its uses, but I just don't see it as good as draw back and reposition. Also, I suggest not running rallies. Instead, give people hone attack/speed and fortify defense/resistance so it doesn't take up their turn.

I'd also suggest replacing your "threaten ____" skills with a hone/fortify or a spur.

EDIT: Just realized this as well. If you ever get two death blows to spare, you could replace armored blow on regular Frederick with death blow, if you value killing things in one turn over him taking less damage.

EDIT2: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to lack a strong red mage. Promote your Lilina if she has a good boon/bane combination.

Edited by Sunwoo

17 hours ago, Kaden said:

Watched her trailer again in full screen. Wow, that is such a subtle change considering they're little chibis.

Welp, that leaves Julia, Katarina, and Sanaki. Er... Also, bride Caeda, bunny Lucina, and Mr. Tomato who probably have different follow-up animations.

Julia and Sanaki have standard mage-follow ups.  Katarina, Celica, Sonya, B!Caeda, S!Lucina, NS!Leo and NS!Elise all have unique follow ups. 

• Katarina leans forward a little without moving her legs
  • Celica stamps her left foot and chops with her hand
  • Sonya steps back
  • Caeda sways and her casting hand is pointed slightly upward (kinda looks like she just threw something)
  • Lucina goes into her 'ready' pose with her casting arm out in front
  • Leo steps forward, but not the same as the standard mage follow up, as he's still standing upright rather than leaning forward.
  • Elise turns away and her casting hand looks like she's presenting something.  It kind of reminds me of the Lucky Star opening animation, because she's tapping her left foot during the cast.

I think that's all of them, though admittedly I didn't check all of the mages (just most).  I can post pictures of each pose later if you're curious.

Speaking of low chance of  Fates/Awakening characters, I wonder if we can get Yukimura. Since all the dagger users so far are all infantry, it would be near if he was cavalry (i mean yeah technically not a horse but the Mechanist puppet could resemble one? Plus Mechanists had more move than ninjas). Although maybe puppets are more likely to similar to armour so he might be an Armour Dagger user, although the 1 movement would suck (unless he has an Armour-exclusive skill that adds extra movement). Either way he would be a bulky and attack-focused dagger user if Mechanists are anything to go by.

Also i wonder how they would implement a flying dagger user, if ever?

if they ever make a Fire Emblem Warriors banner, it would be cool and hilarious if we get Axe Lissa as a War cleric- especially with how she was going crazy against Frederick in one of the demo videos

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Given that he's an Awakening character, he'll likely get added at some point or another. That being said, I entirely expect for him to get the Lachesis / Lucius treatment and get stuck as a staff bot instead of potentially being an axe unit with a Killer Axe+ / Slaying Axe+.

I have a feeling that the developers wouldn't mind using any excuse to make a character green simply due to the low number of green units we currently have. Sheena and Narcian, for example, were given axes due to their canon class having access to axes in other games.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lumi's Ryoma uses Fury, so I'd suggest that on him. Sharena could also probably run it.

Death Blow on Reinhardt as soon as you can. Also, goad cavalry is fine but if you're ever running him with infantry I'd suggest giving him another C-skill that his infantry teammates can take advantage of. Lancebreaker 3, if you can ever get it, will also help a lot.

Put reposition and draw back on as many of your main units as you can. Both of those help me out so much. Swap, unfortunately, does not always get the job done so you want to at least have draw back and reposition. I don't use pivot. I know it has its uses, but I just don't see it as good as draw back and reposition. Also, I suggest not running rallies. Instead, give people hone attack/speed and fortify defense/resistance so it doesn't take up their turn.

I'd also suggest replacing your "threaten ____" skills with a hone/fortify or a spur.

EDIT: Just realized this as well. If you ever get two death blows to spare, you could replace armored blow on regular Frederick with death blow, if you value killing things in one turn over him taking less damage.

EDIT2: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to lack a strong red mage. Promote your Lilina if she has a good boon/bane combination.

I think Thor's Ryoma uses Fury too, so I'm definitely considering that, yeah. Sharena would probably do well with it too. But I don't know if it's a good idea to run a bunch of Fury units at once since they'll all take more damage every turn.

I figured someone would mention Death Blow for Reiny, I like that idea. And yeah, I do want to give him another C skill for when I'm not using Horse Emblem. Oh yes, definitely getting LB3 for him.

I like Reposition and Draw Back the most too. Swap was all I had at the time, so I figured it'd be okay for Ryoma for the time being. But if I get more Reposition, I'll use it.

I use Threaten Spd and Hone Spd a lot because a lot of my 5 star units are slow, and the ones that are supposed to be fast (namely Ryoma) are -Spd. So that was to offset that. But if there's something better, I'm all for it.

Oh yes, I like the idea of Death Blow on Freddy when I get him a Brave Axe+.

Yeah, Lilina and Raigh are the only red mages I ever pull. I pulled one Henry and a couple Tharjas too. That was it. But I despise Tharja, so I sent her home every time. I do plan to upgrade Lilina sometime in the future.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think Thor's Ryoma uses Fury too, so I'm definitely considering that, yeah. Sharena would probably do well with it too. But I don't know if it's a good idea to run a bunch of Fury units at once since they'll all take more damage every turn.

I figured someone would mention Death Blow for Reiny, I like that idea. And yeah, I do want to give him another C skill for when I'm not using Horse Emblem. Oh yes, definitely getting LB3 for him.

I like Reposition and Draw Back the most too. Swap was all I had at the time, so I figured it'd be okay for Ryoma for the time being. But if I get more Reposition, I'll use it.

I use Threaten Spd and Hone Spd a lot because a lot of my 5 star units are slow, and the ones that are supposed to be fast (namely Ryoma) are -Spd. So that was to offset that. But if there's something better, I'm all for it.

Yeah, Lilina and Raigh are the only red mages I ever pull. I pulled one Henry and a couple Tharjas too. That was it. But I despise Tharja, so I sent her home every time. I do plan to upgrade Lilina sometime in the future.

If you do get another Tharja then feed her to Lilina for the red blame tome.

Camus would like Bonfire and Fury although Moonbow is an ok alternative if you lack fodder.

Klein also benefits from Luna and either Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker. A brave user doesn't want to get hit on enemy phase anyway

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Most of the content in the game only pits you up against 4 or 5 units, so you generally don't engage in enough rounds of combat for Fury's recoil damage to add up.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Death Blow is on Reinhardt's standard build.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hone Spd is a good skill to use. If you are using one or fewer cavalry units on your team, having 2 Hone Spd and 2 Hone Atk is a pretty decent setup.

Eirika and Matthew have Hone Spd 3 available at 4-star rarity. Corrin (F), Mathilda, and Olivia have Hone Atk 3 available at 4-star rarity.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If you're running a map that's going to last for a while, or if you have to stick with the same team over several maps, I'd recommend having a healer to heal everyone. But if you're running a short map with a single team that's meant to be beaten quickly, don't worry too much about fury damage. Just make sure you're careful not to leave them in a situation where they can die because of it. Renewal, if you can get it, also helps fury-running units regenerate their own health, although the B-slot is a bit valuable so that's up to you.

Since Reinhardt's C-skill is up to you, look at what you're missing. My Reinhardt runs fortify defense with my infantry team because Eirika can buff attack, speed, and resistance just by standing next to someone. But no one on my main team boosts defense. With only Eirika and Reinhardt next to her, my Nino gains ridiculous attack, and the defense boost has saved quite a few people too.

Well, if you want to keep the threaten skills, that's fine. The reason I don't like using them is because they feel so situational, but if you don't have anything better or feel their effects just fine, you don't have to replace it.

Also, the next time you get a Tharja, especially a 5-star one, I suggest giving her tome to Lilina at the very least if you don't want to use her. If you can stack a bunch of bonuses on Lilina, she will blow things up. What is your Lilina's nature, by the way?

Edited by Sunwoo