Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

58 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I was going to crack a joke about how it would be the Year of the Lobster with Ryoma (and Sumeragi and Walhart) being New Year's characters, but then I checked what 2018 is the year of and it's the Year of the Dog. Foxes aren't exactly dogs, but it would be pretty awesome if the New Years banner was actually a regular banner that introduced other transform units with Kaden, Keaton, Selkie, and Velouria. People might complain that they would all be Fates units, but new transform units would be pretty awesome.

It would be Volug & Nailah, clearly

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh wow. That’s quite the mission there. Good luck! I think 130 is the highest I’ve ever managed to get...

Thanks!

Well... My highest was 210... I think i'll be able to complete my mission! :D

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

It would be Volug & Nailah, clearly

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that Tellius does have wolf Laguz. Then again, I didn't play RD outside of checking if my copy worked.

Now that I think about it, Ryoma, Sumeragi, and Walhart transforming into giant lobsters or crab for Walhart if that makes more sense for him would be a hilarious way to have armor transform units.

16 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that Tellius does have wolf Laguz. Then again, I didn't play RD outside of checking if my copy worked.

Now that I think about it, Ryoma, Sumeragi, and Walhart transforming into giant lobsters or crab for Walhart if that makes more sense for him would be a hilarious way to have armor transform units.

The wolf laguz weren't handled very well so even if you did you'd probably forget them. There was only 2, they just happened to live in a country otherwise unmentioned that you never go to, things like that.

One fun idea I saw floated around was how there should have been a halloween unit who acted like a dragon but was actually just putting on a costume.

Didn't think this would happen so soon.

e5Zc75b.png

He's even funner to use in the tempest. He gets 1 point of ATK when he's +2 so if I merge a +ATK one he actually will get a 5 point jump from 37 > 42.

On another note, I'm I'll prepared for anything that happens at this point. And I want almost all of the units in the legendary heroes banner so I'm going to spend orbs. If the next banner is a Dawn Brigade banner, I'll really want to kick myself, but there'll be nothing I can do at that point.

51 minutes ago, Zeo said:

On another note, I'm I'll prepared for anything that happens at this point. And I want almost all of the units in the legendary heroes banner so I'm going to spend orbs. If the next banner is a Dawn Brigade banner, I'll really want to kick myself, but there'll be nothing I can do at that point.

You could wait for the next banner to be announced, if you're really worried, since it won't be long after the legendary banner. 

That being said, the DB units will be added to the pool, and some should (hopefully) be downgraded to 4*, so there isn't too much to worry about :) 

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

You could wait for the next banner to be announced, if you're really worried, since it won't be long after the legendary banner. 

That being said, the DB units will be added to the pool, and some should (hopefully) be downgraded to 4*, so there isn't too much to worry about :) 

59 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Didn't think this would happen so soon.

e5Zc75b.png

He's even funner to use in the tempest. He gets 1 point of ATK when he's +2 so if I merge a +ATK one he actually will get a 5 point jump from 37 > 42.

Cute Chao is right. Also I doubt Edward would be 5 star locked, compared to say, Micaiah.

Also I recently got my Matthew to 500 HM thanks to @mampfoid Developer Map Autobattle strategy. Feels good!

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

At the very least, the next banner will come with the new month, and with it, a bunch of orb quests. Not to mention new Chapters or Paralogues, anything left over in Tempest if you don't get all the rewards just yet, daily orbs, and the 5 free orbs from doing the survey.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Hopefully Gunnthera is a free unit. I could use her on my horse emblem, so as to remove rein scum from my team. 

She's only available through the legendary hero banners, most likely. I imagine Fjorm will be the only exception to this, since she's the face of the game now.

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

She's only available through the legendary hero banners, most likely. I imagine Fjorm will be the only exception to this, since she's the face of the game now.

Yeah, this is my guess as well. Like the CYL units, it makes sense that they'd give just one free and then use the others as incentive for people to pull for. And they mentioned Fjorm being free in the video where they introduced her, which they haven't done for Gunnthra.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, this is my guess as well. Like the CYL units, it makes sense that they'd give just one free and then use the others as incentive for people to pull for. And they mentioned Fjorm being free in the video where they introduced her, which they haven't done for Gunnthra.

Also it doesn't' seem like Gunnthra comes with any story content which is a little surprising.

If they make any of the villains legendary heroes I could see them giving at least one of them as a freebie like Laevatin (fire counterpart to Fjorm) but that's probably on a really long time scale and they may not even be gachas to begin with. Loki in particular will probably be longer than Veronica, Bruno/Zach has to deal with his whole possession thing and who know when that will resolve, Surtr is at LEAST on par with Veronica in length though the whole "immortal flames that are ravaging the continent" might expedite things.

10 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Wow... they had to release a video on how to use the Weapon Refinery.

I'm all like "why?".

I don't think this is a case of "no one knows where to find them!!!" as it is they wanted a video about a feature in the game so people who didn't know (either lapsed players or new players) could be aware of it and how it use it.

It is not on the level of Fjorm, who, I don't know if you know this, is available by completing chapter 1 of Book 2. She's 5*s, you know.

12 minutes ago, r_n said:

It is not on the level of Fjorm, who, I don't know if you know this, is available by completing chapter 1 of Book 2. She's 5*s, you know.

And you can make her an ally for free! Incredible, I know.

Whoa, you can get Fjorm... for free????? Wow! That's amazing! But surely, there isn't any way to bestow blessings upon my other units, is there? I can't possibly believe that would be the case!

49 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's Takumi! No idea about the other one though.

Maybe Flora, Hisame, Ignatius, Setsuna, Shigure, or even Arete? They all have "smooth" hair and depending on what those "tails" are, then it could be like Flora's twintails or if not, it could just be part of their outfit. That collar thing makes me think of Arete, though. If that's the case, then that would make her the first non-playable antagonist to be a summonable unit, right?

Edit: Whoops, forgot about Eldigan and Reinhardt.

Edited by Kaden

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

If that's the case, then that would make her the first non-playable antagonist to be a summonable unit, right?

Eldigan and Reinhardt still continue being things that exist.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Honestly, am I crazy here? I got like three Soleils today, and I just cannot stop making this comparison in my head.

xPRLT1r.png

I wish I had a Soleil. I need that cat-like smile.

Was going to post this in the new banner thread in response to the discussion of actual new characters being added, but it's moving too fast now. 

It looks like this month will be the lightest month so far, with only 4 new characters including Gunnthra.  Assuming I didn't miscount, here's what each month looked like:

February – 12 (2)

March – 8 (2)

April – 10 (2)

May – 7 (2)

June – 7 (3)

July – 8 (2)

August – 6 (2)

September – 6 (1)

October – 6 (2)

November – 5 (2)

December -- 4

With the number on the left being the total, and parentheses indicating how many were GHBs and TT rewards.  Two seasonal banners in a row is disgraceful, and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they just made some excuse to have another one at the end of January.