Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Hilda said:

wouldnt mind a Drag queen banner (but Forest better be in it!!!)

All the banner's units with different female clothes... and Forrest as himself, with his normal clothes. Just like the Adrift banner, which had Dream Camilla, Dream Male Corrin, Dream Female Corrin... and Mikoto. (I know that she is Dream Mikoto, but until IS release Hoshidan Queen Mikoto, I will not consider Adrift Mikoto a Alt)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

All the banner's units with different female clothes... and Forrest as himself, with his normal clothes. Just like the Adrift banner, which had Dream Camilla, Dream Male Corrin, Dream Female Corrin... and Mikoto. (I know that she is Dream Mikoto, but until IS release Hoshidan Queen Mikoto, I will not consider Adrift Mikoto a Alt)

Hector dressed up as Lilina with Fire Armads. A Tome in the shape of Armads: side effect "Deals double effectiv Damage against Roy" or better: "When in a Team with Lilina deals double effectiv damage against male foes closest to Lilina"

Edited by Hilda

• Banes being gone at +1 merges is amazing, if only I knew about this earlier all of those Firs wouldn't have done to waste.
  • Depending on what the Naga girls get I might invest in them.
  • Mythic needs for work with leg heros is better,
Spoiler

All of the New Years characters are pretty. I must stay strong.

5 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@Etrurian emperor He's there to cockblock people who want his sister, whose really good from the looks of it

Reveal hidden contents

So someone actually managed to datamine the seals that will come after the New Year's TT. I wouldn't say it's 100% confirmations, but it looks pretty legit. Brazen Atk/Def, Even Def Wave and Fire Boost are the seals

That might be the general logic though for me the reverse is often true. With the summer seasonals Takumi might have been intended to block Linde but to my great annoyance I got no less then two Linde's who I don't care about which forced me to give up on Takumi who I very much do care for. 

Anyone excited for the changes to merging allies? I am! I think it's a neat idea. My Frederick basically will now have even crazier Def. lol

At first, I was like "Uh, what about people who already have merged units...? Wouldn't they be rendered obsolete in favor of newer merges?" Then I saw the section on already merged units. Yay!

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Anyone excited for the changes to merging allies? I am! I think it's a neat idea. My Frederick basically will now have even crazier Def. lol

At first, I was like "Uh, what about people who already have merged units...? Wouldn't they be rendered obsolete in favor of newer merges?" Then I saw the section on already merged units. Yay!

I think you might be misunderstanding it slightly. The increase is in the bane stat, or spread out among three stats for neutral units. Your Fred is -Spd, right? In that case, he'll get more Spd, but his other stats won't be affected.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I feel that Sharena is pretty nastily snubbed. Since its her last year alive you'd think they would allow her to have a little fun at new year.

She did already get an alt, back in spring. And it's not like she's going to stay dead, anyway.

Plus, being dead is clearly no obstacle to getting new versions. Laegjarn has two playable versions now, and they were both released after she died!

I didn't get to talking about the refine announcements, but simply put FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I mean, I have all but Seliph already. If these are great I'll be chasing refining stones forever. Calling it that Tailtiu gets Wrath somehow.

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think you might be misunderstanding it slightly. The increase is in the bane stat, or spread out among three stats for neutral units. Your Fred is -Spd, right? In that case, he'll get more Spd, but his other stats won't be affected.

No, I read it, it said the boon gets increased. But maybe it's both? ...Yeah, it appears to be both.

Besides, increasing just the bane seems pointless. The bane stat doesn't help units at all to begin with. So what would increasing them a tiny bit do for them?

Edited by Anacybele

Looking to future Legendary/Mythic banners:

• January: Ike, Eirika, Tiki, Lyn
  • February: Hrid, Ephraim, Gunnthra, Robin
  • March: Ryoma, Lucina, Azura, Eir
  • April: Marth, Fjorm, Hector

So it seems like we should expect:

• January: Colorless mythic
  • February: Legendary with either Earth/Res or Fire/Spd bonus (probably red or blue?)
  • March: Green mythic
  • April: Legendary with whichever bonus February didn't have (who knows what color)
  • May: Some mythic with whichever mythic element is left

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I read it, it said the boon gets increased.

You misread it.

"For Heroes with an Asset and a Flaw: In addition to two stats increasing (as happens prior to the update), their Flaw stat will also increase."

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

"For Heroes with an Asset and a Flaw: In addition to two stats increasing (as happens prior to the update), their Flaw stat will also increase."

Yes, and read the rest of it. It mentions the boon increasing more too. Otherwise, like I said, this is a pointless change.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, and read the rest of it. It mentions the boon increasing more too. Otherwise, like I said, this is a pointless change.

Othin is right. You can see the screenshots on the notification explaining it all. 

First image, Eir is +Spd/-Res. She gets the usual stats for merges (+1 HP and +1 Spd) and +3 Res for the new functionality.
Second image, Neutral Eir gets the usual stats (+1 HP and +1 Spd) and 3 more stats, since she doesn't have a bane (in her case, +1 to HP/Atk/Spd).

The point in all of this is that merged heroes don't have a bane (or flaw) anymore. Now you only have to snipe for the boon you want.
You may think it's pointless, but it's not. You don't have to sacrifice any stat to have points in other stats anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It says no such thing. You must be misreading something describing what was already the case, not a new change. Such as this:

"After a Hero's level has been raised to 40, their Asset stat will be three or four points higher than other instances of the same Hero, and their Flaw stat will be three or four points lower."

This is from the section describing how Asset/Flaw already works, not the section about the change.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

For neutral units, instead of getting their bane fixed, they get +1 extra in each of the stats their first merge already gives, and +1 in another stat. That sounds helpful for neutral natures especially for the free armors given out.

If only those cowards finally gave merges to the Askran trio.

Glad to see they have been updating older weapons already. i was checking my Delthea's weapon and it mentions it now also buffs Beast units. Same for Veronica, her close guard also works against beasts. Nice to see they keep the melee stuff consistent.

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Of course Dorothy will be the broken unit. Her weapon or personal skill will be something broken, like grants a guaranteed follow-up attack and negates foe's counterattack if foe is equipped with a sacred seal.

Juno has a better chance of becoming the broken unit. Dorothy isn't hot.

Melady is the no-brainer choice though. 

Would be hilarious if Niime is the broken female though. She has the story excuse. 

Just now, Vaximillian said:

No one cares about Juno (except me). She isn’t thirteen.

Heroes is all about making people care. Who was Karla before Heroes? Don't tell me legions of people were raising up Bartre just to recruit her.

5 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Heroes is all about making people care. Who was Karla before Heroes? Don't tell me legions of people were raising up Bartre just to recruit her.

Karla has her myrmness working for her.

18 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

For neutral units, instead of getting their bane fixed, they get +1 extra in each of the stats their first merge already gives, and +1 in another stat. That sounds helpful for neutral natures especially for the free armors given out.

Yeah. I doubt any character would rather have neutral than a boon now, but it does seem like it'll help close the gap.

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If only those cowards finally gave merges to the Askran trio.

Using Heroic Grails to get Combat Manuals of them seems like a great solution to the issue, it's unfortunate that they haven't done that yet. Hopefully they'll do it sometime.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

It was written in a less than ideal way in the notification. All this change means is that every unit gets three (or four) more points to replace the flaw. The additional stats referenced are the regular two stat points obtained from the first merge for a total of five points (on the first merge). For units already beyond the first merge, only the flaw is set to neutral, they do not get additional stats (unless they have a neutral nature). For units that have neutral IVs, on the first merge they get the standard two points added to the highest stats. Since they don't have a flawed stat, they get three additional stat points to compensate and these are distributed rather than placed in a single stat. They didn't say exactly how they would be distributed, but based on the example, it looks like an extra point to the top three stats. So this likely means that neutral units get +2 points to the two highest stats, and +1 to the third highest stat.

It's actually a really nice change because it means that "perfect" natures will be much more obtainable. You only have to get the asset (boon) stat you want because +1 units will not have any flawed (bane) stat. Characters that have one or two really low stats don't get much of a boost. My best units won't benefit at all from this change - my Lance Hector, Dorcas, and Myrrh are all [-spd]. Fortunately, extra speed won't benefit Surtr so he won't get more powerful. Others like Bow Lyn benefit a little, but not much. Any [+atk] Reinhardt is ideal now because there is no need to find a [-spd] nature, but a bane never really hurt Reinhardt anyway. Units that have relatively even stats across the board benefit the most. However, the more powerful the unit, the smaller the percent increase will be. Weaker units with well-rounded stats will appreciate the lack of a flawed stat the most. This makes them more viable.

Your Frederick doesn't benefit a lot, but speed isn't worthless on him like many of my super low speed units. With neutral speed and Hone Cavalry he won't get doubled as often.

Edited by Tree

29 minutes ago, Tree said:

It was written in a less than ideal way in the notification. All this change means is that every unit gets three (or four) more points to replace the flaw. The additional stats referenced are the regular two stat points obtained from the first merge for a total of five points (on the first merge). For units already beyond the first merge, only the flaw is set to neutral, they do not get additional stats (unless they have a neutral nature). For units that have neutral IVs, on the first merge they get the standard two points added to the highest stats. Since they don't have a flawed stat, they get three additional stat points to compensate and these are distributed rather than placed in a single stat. They didn't say exactly how they would be distributed, but based on the example, it looks like an extra point to the top three stats. So this likely means that neutral units get +2 points to the two highest stats, and +1 to the third highest stat.

It's actually a really nice change because it means that "perfect" natures will be much more obtainable. You only have to get the asset (boon) stat you want because +1 units will not have any flawed (bane) stat. Characters that have one or two really low stats don't get much of a boost. My best units won't benefit at all from this change - my Lance Hector, Dorcas, and Myrrh are all [-spd]. Fortunately, extra speed won't benefit Surtr so he won't get more powerful. Others like Bow Lyn benefit a little, but not much. Any [+atk] Reinhardt is ideal now because there is no need to find a [-spd] nature, but a bane never really hurt Reinhardt anyway. Units that have relatively even stats across the board benefit the most. However, the more powerful the unit, the smaller the percent increase will be. Weaker units with well-rounded stats will appreciate the lack of a flawed stat the most. This makes them more viable.

Your Frederick doesn't benefit a lot, but speed isn't worthless on him like many of my super low speed units. With neutral speed and Hone Cavalry he won't get doubled as often.

I see.

A lot of units won't benefit from it though. Those with a bane in a really low stat, like Reinhardt or Hrid with their super low Spd, won't really see any difference with extra points in their Spd if it's their bane.

So, I'm still confused at how this change does much good without also increasing the boon or something. It would benefit some units, but I don't see it benefiting many.

Edited by Anacybele