Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

20 minutes ago, immatx said:

lv40 4*? That could be my problem then. I never fully level the bonus unit :P

Thank god I'm done with Fir

Yeah, every stat point matters. I haven't made a serious arena attempt with any units below lv40 in a long time, and lately I've been trying to make sure I can even have a 5* bonus unit.

Without merges but with skill inheritance, I managed to get my Marth/Sharena/Hector/Priscilla team up to exactly 4600 points last week. Probably won't be able to match quite the same score this week because Camilla's rating is lower, but hopefully I can still get high enough in the 4500s to make the top 5k again.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Anacybele Would you happen to have a 2 range delete button? That + a dancer makes arena runs a lot easier since you can just chip down teams via 1 rounding a unit  with the delete button and then dancing the delete button away. (Klein, Nino, Kagero, Reinhardt are just a few that come to mind, but really, anyone who could 1 round more than 50 units at base can function pretty well as a delete button.)

Being able to kill things at range makes positioning to fish for kills a lot easier, and once a few people are dead you can just swarm the rest.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

@Anacybele Would you happen to have a 2 range delete button?

First off, this is a very interesting question if you don't know what the subject is.

"Would you happen to have a 2 range delete button?"

"No, no I don't"

Anyways, her best delete button is 4 star swordbreaker Male Robin. She doesn't have any of those units you named either. Other than that from what I recall nothing else. Her Frederick murders a lot of things with low defense.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

First off, this is a very interesting question if you don't know what the subject is.

"Would you happen to have a 2 range delete button?"

"No, no I don't"

Anyways, her best delete button is 4 star swordbreaker Male Robin. She doesn't have any of those units you named either. Other than that from what I recall nothing else. Her Frederick murders a lot of things with low defense.

Ugh, that's just uncomfortable, then. Jeorge can work as a budget Klein if she gives him Brave Bow+, but if she has brave bow she has either Klein(lol) or Gordin anyway, and Gordin himself is a decent budget Klein. Tharja also works, of course, but I think she'd be using her already if she had one.

Other options like Sanaki, Lilina etc. do work, but only as supporting damage dealers, they can't handle the role of being the main 'delete button' since their coverage just isn't good enough.

Edit: M_Robin has the same problem as Sanaki, of course.

Edited by DehNutCase

11 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

@Anacybele Would you happen to have a 2 range delete button? That + a dancer makes arena runs a lot easier since you can just chip down teams via 1 rounding a unit  with the delete button and then dancing the delete button away. (Klein, Nino, Kagero, Reinhardt are just a few that come to mind, but really, anyone who could 1 round more than 50 units at base can function pretty well as a delete button.)

Being able to kill things at range makes positioning to fish for kills a lot easier, and once a few people are dead you can just swarm the rest.

Most of her best units are melee, with her best 2-range character being a male Robin, who isn't the best fit for "delete button" necessarily. 

She's also pretty obstinate about not wanting to use dancers, from what I remember. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Most of her best units are melee, with her best 2-range character being a male Robin, who isn't the best fit for "delete button" necessarily. 

She's also pretty obstinate about not wanting to use dancers, from what I remember. 

I mean, a unit with reposition or drag back can do 50% of a dancer's job, so not using dancers isn't a 100% loss. Using mainly melees without a dancer, on the other hand... (Their performance will be very similar to a team of 4 armors WITHOUT Hector. Melees have more move, armors have better buffs.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, DehNutCase said:

I mean, a unit with reposition or drag back can do 50% of a dancer's job, so not using dancers isn't a 100% loss. Using mainly melees without a dancer, on the other hand... (Their performance will be very similar to a team of 4 armors WITHOUT Hector. Melees have more more, armors have better buffs.)

As far as I recall she doesn't have much in terms of positioning either (she might have mentioned giving Robin Draw Back (maybe someone else said this though), but that's of little help if Robin is also her main ranged). 

In any case, I'm not the one you need to convince. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

As far as I recall she doesn't have much in terms of positioning either (she might have mentioned giving Robin Draw Back (maybe someone else said this though), but that's of little help if Robin is also her main ranged). 

In any case, I'm not the one you need to convince. 

I mean, I'm assuming she's going to read this stuff even if I'm not pinging her directly, and quoting you gives better context.

It's not that I don't want to use a dancer, I need a dancer that's not a freaking -spd Olivia. She's crap for me. I really want Azura since I'd totally use her.

And yeah, Freddy is my best melee killer with male Robin being my best 2-range/mage. Then Sharena is my speed demon. Bunny Xander is just for more 5 star power.

I'd like to put Lancebreaker and Def+3 on Freddy to give him some more power! Def+3 will make him more of a massive wall than he already is and Lancebreaker will let him double something for a change. I'm not too worried about having to replace Wings of Mercy, as Freddy can't make much use of it when he already has good movement.

Edited by Anacybele

All this Armor talk reminds a little thing.

How do you think it would be stats wise... an armour mage? :P

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not that I don't want to use a dancer, I need a dancer that's not a freaking -spd Olivia. She's crap for me. I really want Azura since I'd totally use her.

And yeah, Freddy is my best melee killer with male Robin being my best 2-range/mage. Then Sharena is my speed demon. Bunny Xander is just for more 5 star power.

I'd like to put Lancebreaker and Def+3 on Freddy to give him some more power! Def+3 will make him more of a massive wall than he already is and Lancebreaker will let him double something for a change. I'm not too worried about having to replace Wings of Mercy, as Freddy can't make much use of it when he already has good movement.

One idea is to put Axebreaker on Frederick instead. He can't get swordbreaker because he's weak to them, but since Freddy is unlikely to have any trouble dueling lancers anyway, putting axebreaker on him gives him extra coverage. You could do Green or Blue tomebreaker as well, but Freddy fighting mages that he isn't initiating on is a bad idea to begin with.

Just now, Troykv said:

All this Armor talk reminds a little thing.

We already have 4

Their names are F robin, M robin, Henry, and Merric.

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

No idea about how but I know who: Arvis.

(or you could just make him Gen 1-like sage, that'd also be fine with me)

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Ether said:

One idea is to put Axebreaker on Frederick instead. He can't get swordbreaker because he's weak to them, but since Freddy is unlikely to have any trouble dueling lancers anyway, putting axebreaker on him gives him extra coverage. You could do Green or Blue tomebreaker as well, but Freddy fighting mages that he isn't initiating on is a bad idea to begin with.

That's an idea too, yeah. Freddy typically can one-shot a lot of lancers already and take like no damage from them in return, so Axebreaker just might be better.

Yeah, I only send Freddy to take out a mage if I know he'll one-round them, like Linde. He trivializes her. More people need to use him or some other axe with enough power and movement against her, because he can often get to her before she can hit him or anyone else thanks to movement.

I just can't for the life of me counter the green magic people, especially Fae because of her def. Neither Palla nor Marth can one-round her and I have no red tome user other than a 3 star Henry.

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The thing about dancers though is that, with the exception of Azura the combat dancer (well, singer), a dancer's stats are largely irrelevant since they shouldn't be seeing any combat at all if positioned properly. I've been playing with a dancer for a while, and there have only been very few situations where I'd leave her out to die in Arena, higher stratum level, or GHB, and just about all of those scenarios would have been prevented if I were smarter about my positioning. 

The only time stats really matter is if you intend to take your dancers into combat, which Olivia can certainly do with a Ruby Sword+ (or with her default Silver Sword+ and Triangle Adept), and even a -Spd Olivia has enough speed to double neutral Hector. She does her job fine even as -spd. 

On the topic of your Frederick, I definitely think Lancebreaker would help him a lot! Alternatively, you could give him Quick Riposte, which would let him double units of all colors on enemy phase and is generally more effective on tankier characters, like Frederick is. 

I don't recall what Assist skills you've put on him, if any, but I think Draw Back is generally one of the better options for cavalry units, and you can pull off some pretty nifty combos like snipe someone with Robin then have Frederick swoop in and drag Robin out of enemy range. 

Also, Luna is a perfectly good defense skill as is, but if you manage to get Bonfire on Frederick, he'd be doing even more damage! +Def Frederick with Def +3 has 42 def, which would result in a whopping 21 bonus damage with Bonfire. For Luna to do that much damage, the enemy would need to have 42 defense, which 90%+ of the cast does not have, so Bonfire would do more damage in almost every circumstance. The only units that have that much defense are heavy armors like Draug and Hector (and even then they'd often need a +Def nature), and Frederick has a Hammer for that :P

tldr - Olivia's fine as is, but if you don't want to use her, that's fine no one's forcing you. Also Freddy would benefit a lot from Lancebreaker/Quick Riposte, Draw Back, and Bonfire, so definitely consider those if you can get them. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The thing about dancers though is that, with the exception of Azura the combat dancer (well, singer), a dancer's stats are largely irrelevant since they shouldn't be seeing any combat at all if positioned properly. I've been playing with a dancer for a while, and there have only been very few situations where I'd leave her out to die in Arena, higher stratum level, or GHB, and just about all of those scenarios would have been prevented if I were smarter about my positioning. 

The only time stats really matter is if you intend to take your dancers into combat, which Olivia can certainly do with a Ruby Sword+ (or with her default Silver Sword+ and Triangle Adept), and even a -Spd Olivia has enough speed to double neutral Hector. She does her job fine even as -spd. 

On the topic of your Frederick, I definitely think Lancebreaker would help him a lot! Alternatively, you could give him Quick Riposte, which would let him double units of all colors on enemy phase and is generally more effective on tankier characters, like Frederick is. 

I don't recall what Assist skills you've put on him, if any, but I think Draw Back is generally one of the better options for cavalry units, and you can pull off some pretty nifty combos like snipe someone with Robin then have Frederick swoop in and drag Robin out of enemy range. 

Also, Luna is a perfectly good defense skill as is, but if you manage to get Bonfire on Frederick, he'd be doing even more damage! +Def Frederick with Def +3 has 42 def, which would result in a whopping 21 bonus damage with Bonfire. For Luna to do that much damage, the enemy would need to have 42 defense, which 90%+ of the cast does not have, so Bonfire would do more damage in almost every circumstance. The only units that have that much defense are heavy armors like Draug and Hector (and even then they'd often need a +Def nature), and Frederick has a Hammer for that :P

tldr - Olivia's fine as is, but if you don't want to use her, that's fine no one's forcing you. Also Freddy would benefit a lot from Lancebreaker/Quick Riposte, Draw Back, and Bonfire, so definitely consider those if you can get them. 

Olivia gets doubled more often if she is attacked with -spd though, and her defenses are low. I can't keep her alive for the life of me.

Quick Reposte sounds good for Freddy too, actually, but I'm gonna go with Axebreaker over Lancebreaker for reasons stated in other posts. I already gave Robin Draw Back though he doesn't yet have enough SP to equip it. But I might have misunderstood exactly what the skill does. I think I thought Robin was the one being drawn back, not the other way around. I feel kind of dumb now...

Freddy's hammer is awesome, yes. <3

Getting Bonfire doesn't sound easy though, so far the only unit I've seen that gets it naturally is male Robin. But I'll have to see if I end up pulling another male Robin, I guess. I also don't believe I've ever pulled anyone with Quick Reposte.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Getting Bonfire doesn't sound easy though, so far the only unit I've seen that gets it naturally is male Robin. But I'll have to see if I end up pulling another male Robin, I guess. I also don't believe I've ever pulled anyone with Quick Reposte.

Adult Tiki also gets Bonfire at 4⋆, and I've got like half dozen of them dragon girls.
Quick Riposte is more problematic, as it's borne by Leo, Klein, and Subaki.

Edited by Vaximillian

Subaki, Klein, and Leo are the units that get Quick Riposte naturally(Subaki and Klein have QR2 at 4*, all 3 have QR3 at 5*, Leo is 5* only). As for Bonfire, aside from Robin, Adult!Tiki has it.

As for draw back, it lets you pull both Robin and an ally one space towards Robin's direction. Think of it like a reverse shove.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Adult Tiki also gets Bonfire at 4⋆. Quick Riposte is more problematic, as it's borne by Leo, Klein, and Subaki.

Argh, I pulled like three of Subaki and two of them were pulled at the same time. I mistakenly sent home both when I only meant to send home one. >_<

EDIT: Oh, now I see how Draw Back works, thanks.

Edited by Anacybele

I have 20,000 feathers so I can finally upgrade one of my 5 stars, but I'm not sure which. Kind of have a lot here. I was thinking Ursula, since she's my only blue mage and would probably enjoy the power boost from 5 stars,Blarwolf+ & Death Blow 3. 

I also figure it makes more sense to do a grand hero since they probably wont be getting a focus for a while

Some other notable 4 stars I have include Nino, Catria, Corrin F, Robin F, Kagero, Marth (not that i've really used him), Felicia, Narcian, Camilla, really the list goes on for a bit.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

I have 20,000 feathers so I can finally upgrade one of my 5 stars, but I'm not sure which. Kind of have a lot here. I was thinking Ursula, since she's my only blue mage and would probably enjoy the power boost from 5 stars,Blarwolf+ & Death Blow 3. 

I also figure it makes more sense to do a grand hero since they probably wont be getting a focus for a while

Some other notable 4 stars I have include Nino, Catria, Corrin F, Robin F, Kagero, Marth (not that i've really used him), Felicia, Narcian, Camilla, really the list goes on for a bit.

What's Nino's Boon/Bane? Her offensive stats are Linde level BEFORE buffs. (And after buffs her coverage is Lucina tier.)

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

Don't promote Ursula to 5 stats. Blarwolf just sucks for her. Blarblade is way better with a cavalry team. If you need a blue mage, go F corrin. But I'd also like to know what else you are missing 

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Ursula is alright, but you'll likely want to replace Blarwolf with Blarblade or Blarraven. Even if it's a non+ version and thus drops a point of Mt or 3 compared to Blarwolf+, the added utility is generally worth it. But really, she works best on a cavalry team with Blarblade.

Of your listed 4* units, you have a few good options. Nino and Kagero are powerful nukes if their natures are good, Marth gives you a solid red and falchion access. Corrin F is a solid all around tank unit and is a res-hitter which can be useful.

If you don't want to use a dancer I seriously recommend getting Reposition on to one of your horses. Flying reposition is my favorite because flinging people over lava is amazing, but horses have 3 movement and that does afford a lot of flexibility. 

I usually run Olivia but this season for bst reasons I've been running Reposition Michalis over her while I wait on another 5k feathers so she can promote to 5*. I also have -spd Olivia (+hp), but unless I do something dumb, the hits I let her take are very calculated. (eg i may let her tank 1 tiki or sth so nino can delete from behind her next turn, and tiki can't double Olivia).