Said I wasn't going to spend my orbs until after the new summoning changes on the 7th, but I really wanted Corrin.  I think I got more than I bargained for.

D1FeGGp.png

Summer Corrin is +Def/-Hp, so mostly neutral, and regular Corrin is +Atk/-Res, making her a great candidate to 5* someday.  At least this makes my voting gauntlet decision easy. 

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done it. I've collected every 3-4 rarity character just days before the six month anniversary. Henry has joined my party! Flanked by some 3 star rejects, so I rate this pull a C plus.

The second pull however. I rate this an A+. Never got two 5 stars in a single pull, let alone two seasonal focus units. I already decided this would be my final pull on the banner before Hero Fest, and what a finale. Xander is +Atk/-Spd, Leo is  +Def/-Res

Alright. These special event banners hate me.

I just blew about 70 or so orbs on trying to get one of the Nohrian Summer characters, got nothing. Before that I threw away the same amount on the Ylissian Summer with nothing to show for it. Went from 115 to 21 orbs. Glad there is a special event next month.

Got a 4 star Reinhardt and 5 star Clair though. And that was about it that was worth anything.

Edited by Tolvir

Welp, ever since I pulled Summer Robin, heroes has been stingy with 4 and 5 star units, currently at 9% combined for a 5 star unit, I'm hoping I can pull Summer Tiki before the banner ends. If there's been one good thing of the Ylissean Summer banner though, besides me getting Summer Robin, I've also pulled Cordelia (4 star) and though it took forever, I FINALLY got Nino, though 3 star. Just hoping Tiki comes to me then I'm focusing on Female Corrin.

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Spend over 120 orbs

Got 5 star Ceada & bunch of fodders. God I hate myself ;_;

Rip, reminds of the time I spent $70 on the bridal banner and only got Caeda out of it, no other good units, just bride Caeda. I didn't know normal Caeda was 5 stars though.

3 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Rip, reminds of the time I spent $70 on the bridal banner and only got Caeda out of it, no other good units, just bride Caeda. I didn't know normal Caeda was 5 stars though.

Neither did I.

I can only hope she's viable for Flier Emblem.

2 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

So far the game gave me 3 5* at 3% rates....Reinhardt, Celica, Summer Elise.

Why game I just want to raise my odds..

Nothing wrong with getting things you don't want under 4%.  The odds increase is very minimal.  You don't want the odds to reset after 4%, but before is fine.

Reinhardt is great and Celica is great for SI and pretty good in general.

Edited by Lushen

A little back I pulled all 3 stars, and got two -Atk, +Spd Robin. Talk about bitersweet, but at least they'l be good for Bonfire fodder/Blarblade.

Spoiler

eb3Ms12.png

I pulled a -HP, +Atk Kagero here, but that's pretty much it. TA 3 Fodder, and Brave Sword fodder as well, but yeah nothing more than that. No 5 Stars even after so many attempts.

Spoiler

JnJDJG8.png

37 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I didn't know normal Caeda was 5 stars though.

33 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Neither did I.

I can only hope she's viable for Flier Emblem.

Any character that cannot be pulled at 3-star rarity can be pulled at 5-star rarity.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Any character that cannot be pulled at 3-star rarity can be pulled at 5-star rarity.

Does having 4 star increase there chance being pull at 5 stars?

So...I cracked and decided to get S!Corrin with my 100+ Orbs. I spent 100 of them (so 5 runs) and not only did a single Blue Orb only show up twice or three times, I don't even have a boosted Summoning rate anymore because at the end I got...

Seliph.

No offence buddy but I hate you right now.

I also hate all of you who pulled S!Corrin. Especially you and your 3% pull, Silent shifter...

(If we do get a SS banner after this I think I'll enter the world of whaling...)

P.S. IS REALLY needs to do something about how the Summoning options don't always give you the colour you want: maybe the ability to trade crests to get the ones you want?

Also, if you pay 5 Orbs and don't see the colour you want, is it better to abort after the first summon or keep going (to get the increased odds for next time, since they only rise after every fifth summon without a 5*)?

Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

P.S. IS REALLY needs to do something about how the Summoning options don't always give you the colour you want: maybe the ability to trade crests to get the ones you want?

They just did, though. The first-free-pull means we get at least one chance per banner to see the array of summoned orbs & potentially back out without spending any of our saved orbs. 

It's also a nice way of getting conscientious savers to tempt themselves. It's much easier to save when you avoid the summoning tab entirely. 

All in all, a nice strategy. 

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, if you pay 5 Orbs and don't see the colour you want, is it better to abort after the first summon or keep going (to get the increased odds for next time, since they only rise after every fifth summon without a 5*)?

If you have a specific character in mind, it's always to your advantage to leave the summoning session as soon as possible once you have exhausted the color you are looking for. Trying to line up the start of a summoning session with the first pull at increased odds is not worth it because the increase is too small to overtake all of the gains by leaving (spending orbs on the wrong color is a 0% chance of pulling the character you want, and leaving before pulling all of the color you are hunting costs you the discount, which is actually a bigger effect than the increased 5-star rate).

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have a specific character in mind, it's always to your advantage to leave the summoning session as soon as possible once you have exhausted the color you are looking for. Trying to line up the start of a summoning session with the first pull at increased odds is not worth it because the increase is too small to overtake all of the gains by leaving (spending orbs on the wrong color is a 0% chance of pulling the character you want, and leaving before pulling all of the color you are hunting costs you the discount, which is actually a bigger effect than the increased 5-star rate).

Thanks! I only wish I'd asked this yesterday :P

17 minutes ago, Personette said:

They just did, though. The first-free-pull means we get at least one chance per banner to see the array of summoned orbs & potentially back out without spending any of our saved orbs. 

It's also a nice way of getting conscientious savers to tempt themselves. It's much easier to save when you avoid the summoning tab entirely. 

All in all, a nice strategy. 

That's an economical way of looking at it, I suppose :P That said, IS has done an awful lot of QoS improvements since launch, even those that would theoretically lose them money (e.g. the stamina boost) to keep players happy, so it would be nice if they did this too.

Edited by DefyingFates

Stomach's going berserk, send help.

272 total pulled units.

Spoiler

lUNtLnG.jpg

HwmSn8x.jpg

xwX9Lhn.jpg

First one was a YOLO from Celica's banner, last two were from the Nohrian Swimsuit one.  I'm also missing a screenshot.  Oops.

For boons/banes:

Spoiler

Gordin (+Spd/-Res): Or something like that.  He was turned into fodder.  5* fodder.  I'll leave the who to your imagination.
Roy (+Atk/-Def): Was looking for Triangle Adept food (for some future build), came out with this guy instead.  Seriously tempted to replace Triangle Adept with Fury, since his offensive stats are so darn middling.
Henry (+HP/-Atk): He's definitely G Tomebreaker fodder!
Corrin (???): She donated her Hone Atk to someone else.  I think she was -Spd.
Leon (+Atk/-HP): So, what happens when you roll a bonus arena unit with a damn good boon/bane combo?  A little bit of research showed that he's got the second-highest base Atk of all bow users, with number one being locked to an event.  -HP is a four-point deficit, so running Life and Death made no sense, as he still has a serviceable Defense stat (barely).  Thus. . .I turned him into Klein.  Except the B skill, which will eventually be Bowbreaker (yes, Brave Bow Cordy can ORKO him, but not everyone runs her ideal build). . .and the proc, which will be Bonfire, IF I EVER SEE IT AGAIN.

Olivia (+Def/-Atk): Hone Atk is a popular skill.
Draug (+Atk/-Spd): This. . .is a decision.  +Atk bumps him to 33 base Atk - not the greatest, but it's better than nothing.  -Spd means that I don't care about the Brave Sword's penalty, since he'll just be slow.  Very tempted to throw Fury on him and call it a day.
Hana (+Atk/-Spd): She, on the other hand, can't tank like Draug.  I guess she could work with a Ruby Sword or something, but the Brave build is right out.
Odin (+Res/-Def): He's excellent for teaching other people his skills, and I like him.  If I ever get a +Atk/-Tank one, I'm totally gonna raise him!
Merric (+HP/-Def): I already have a +Spd one, who is infinitely more interesting.

Raven (+Spd/-Atk): Funny boon, awful bane.  At least I have Defiant Spd fodder now~!
Fir (+Def/-Res): Why.
Maria (+Atk/-HP): Wrong member of the Macedon royalty!  She's essentially a faster Serra, which is. . .meh.  Panic is an interesting staff, though, and Miracle would be a fun gimmick build.
Fir (+Atk/-HP): Well, it's a better combo, but I've already trained up another one.
Caeda (neutral): ABOUT TIME.  Not too keen on running dual swords on a flier team, but it's a sacrifice I shall have to make!

Raigh (+Spd/-HP): So long -Atk, this one's getting Fury.  And possibly Tharja's tome (she's -Spd).
Gunter (+Atk/-Spd): He's on the second-string cavalry team, since this is his best combo IMO.
Corrin (+Res/-Spd): Absolutely not!  He's donating Dragon Fang to someone!
Jagen (+HP/-Res): I might have a use for that Silver Lance.
Lissa (+Res/-Def): Renewal fodder never gets old!

Got insanely lucky with my first pull, and then things went all over the place.  Nohrian Swimsuit Edition has given me some very odd units, all of which are wearing far too much clothes!  Still, can't complain, especially since I really like that Raigh~!

Edited by eclipse

Had a whale session and it paid off. Got Xander and Leo :D Plus Rebecca and Fae at 5*.

Also got two Boeys and a Mathilda at 4*, all new. Gonna keep pulling for Corrin but not as fussed about getting her.

Got plenty of fodder, too, including an Odin so I can prepare a red tome breaker next time :)

Had a big old whale of a session trying to get some limit-time units.

The highlight would be Summer Leo -HP,+Spd @Anime27Arts @TheTuckingFypo @Glaceon Mage

tC5I0GF.png

Might as well post my other Leo, who is a work in progress.  He murder my 5* -Atk Tharja and took her toy.  He's +Atk,-Def.

awjTwsV.png

A summoning sessions for me wouldn't be complete without a few -Atk units

Spoiler

4txgSDb.pngXyU1XVM.pngdQbS8H7.pngsbPNyz5.png

For those keeping score, that's Eirika, Rebecca, Summer Corrin, and Summer Elise at -Atk.

Edited by Rezzy

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The highlight would be Summer Leo -HP,+Spd @Anime27Arts @TheTuckingFypo @Glaceon Mage

Might as well post my other Leo, who is a work in progress.  He murder my 5* -Atk Tharja and took her toy.  He's +Atk,-Def.

For those keeping score, that's Eirika, Rebecca, Summer Corrin, and Summer Elise at -Atk.

Well, it's better than my Summer Leo, I can say that much.  My summer Leo is -Atk. >~>

But I still can't really complain about my summons yesterday since the game was absurdly generous, giving me 5 five stars in 35-ish orbs (Summer Leo, Ike, Summer Xander x2, and Summer Corrin).

Edited by Glaceon Mage

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

tC5I0GF.png

awjTwsV.png

Reveal hidden contents

So lucky!  I'm going to only pull red until I get him and I've never pulled on red except for in the first banners we got when I was trying for Leo on the first banner of the game.  On a good note Blade Leo on a Horse Emblem Team kills absolutely everything. A good special if you have enough fodder is Glacies or Iceberg.  With those loaded he can easily do about 60-80 damage depending on the match up.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Well, it's better than my Summer Leo, I can say that much.  My summer Leo is -Atk. >~>

Summer Leo is sadly not competitive anyways. Why does IS hate Leo, can't he have one good unit?  And we actually really needed a red unit on par with Linde and the greens.

Though, I often wonder if its possible for bad stat spreads now to be used further down the line with new skills.  Like in his case, a skill that gives a significant boost if he has more resistance than the person he's attacking.

Really his only good use is a mage killer, and doing magic damage does not help most of the time.  Not to mention his speed...

edit:  If they just would have swapped his def and res he would be a really good raven user, basically Robin+ with a speed boon.  But with his defense, I don't know why everyone is building him as a raven user, all that's going to do is make him better at killing healers.

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Summer Leo is sadly not competitive anyways. Why does IS hate Leo, can't he have one good unit?  And we actually really needed a red unit on par with Linde and the greens.

Though, I often wonder if its possible for bad stat spreads now to be used further down the line with new skills.  Like in his case, a skill that gives a significant boost if he has more resistance than the person he's attacking.

What I was thinking, if paired with infantry pulse users (effects stack) and he uses Iceberg every turn.  

Infantry Pulse only activates at the start of turn 1, unfortunately.  Speaking from experience while training summer Xander.  He didn't reduce Lachesis's cooldown every turn.

I have managed to make regular Leo viable enough (with plenty of Cavalry teammates helping support him), and Brynhildr is pretty useful for kiting tactics, but I'm not sure what I can do with summer Leo.