2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I have managed to make regular Leo viable enough (with plenty of Cavalry teammates helping support him), and Brynhildr is pretty useful for kiting tactics, but I'm not sure what I can do with summer Leo.

Yea, regular Leo can be good if only because he is the only red tome user on a horse. With blade buffs or even just cavalry buffs and Byrnhildr w/ Move supports, he can be pretty great on cav team.

Sad Infantry pulse doesn't work every turn.  I mean, it would be totally OP but the description didn't say anything about only on the first turn.  They probably could have made it activate every turn, but non stackable.  Still hoping that Heron laguz will have a skill that adds cooldown charges to allies within one space.

Edited by Lushen

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lushen said:

Yea, regular Leo can be good if only because he is the only red tome user on a horse. With blade buffs or even just cavalry buffs and Byrnhildr w/ Move supports, he can be pretty great on cav team.

Sad Infantry pulse doesn't work every turn.  I mean, it would be totally OP but the description didn't say anything about only on the first turn.

Uh, yes it does.

(big image with proof)

Spoiler

n5ez87U.png

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

Uh, yes it does.

(big image with proof)

Hide contents

n5ez87U.png

Wow, I am the worst at reading.  I probably read it like 5 times and skipped past '1' every time.  I thought it just said "at the start of turn for any..."

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Had a big old whale of a session trying to get some limit-time units.

The highlight would be Summer Leo -HP,+Spd @Anime27Arts @TheTuckingFypo @Glaceon Mage

tC5I0GF.png

Might as well post my other Leo, who is a work in progress.  He murder my 5* -Atk Tharja and took her toy.  He's +Atk,-Def.

awjTwsV.png

A summoning sessions for me wouldn't be complete without a few -Atk units

Reveal hidden contents

4txgSDb.pngXyU1XVM.pngdQbS8H7.pngsbPNyz5.png

For those keeping score, that's Eirika, Rebecca, Summer Corrin, and Summer Elise at -Atk.

;__; My summer Elise is -atk too... 

Nice one on the Leos though. I think +Spd is definitely his best boon.

19 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Summer Leo is sadly not competitive anyways. Why does IS hate Leo, can't he have one good unit?  And we actually really needed a red unit on par with Linde and the greens.

Though, I often wonder if its possible for bad stat spreads now to be used further down the line with new skills.  Like in his case, a skill that gives a significant boost if he has more resistance than the person he's attacking.

Really his only good use is a mage killer, and doing magic damage does not help most of the time.  Not to mention his speed...

edit:  If they just would have swapped his def and res he would be a really good raven user, basically Robin+ with a speed boon.  But with his defense, I don't know why everyone is building him as a raven user, all that's going to do is make him better at killing healers.

Red Mages are pretty easily the worst Mage color.  There's pretty much just Celica, Katarina, and Tharja, and Ceclica and Katarina are 5* exclusive.  The others are all either slow, need a lot of team support, or are just downright bad.

Just about every single Green mage is great or at least decent.

Blue's have the notably bad Odin, but pretty much all the others are good, and Reinhardt is in a league of his own.

I've definitely been a crazy mix of extremely lucky and unlucky with Nohrian Summer. While hunting for Leo I got a 5* Luke on my 3rd pull and 5* Alm on my 5th. 

Luke was pretty meh but I dropped ~100 orbs on Resonating Fangs trying to get Alm (before knowing about pulling only a target color) and got 5* every other focus unit there. 

The urge to buy orbs for tomato prince is so strong right now. But I guess I still have a month to keep trying and hoping.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have a specific character in mind, it's always to your advantage to leave the summoning session as soon as possible once you have exhausted the color you are looking for. Trying to line up the start of a summoning session with the first pull at increased odds is not worth it because the increase is too small to overtake all of the gains by leaving (spending orbs on the wrong color is a 0% chance of pulling the character you want, and leaving before pulling all of the color you are hunting costs you the discount, which is actually a bigger effect than the increased 5-star rate).

I got Summer Corrin! Thanks for the tip, Ice Dragon! I wound up with a pool containing two Blues and got her with the first. I figured to also check the second Blue and got a 3* M!Robin instead, oops :P

But now I can save up for the Tempest Trial (if I decide the 20% boost isn't enough), the Hero Fest and the potential Sacred Stones Banner(s*) and with this tip it'll be easier to get the Heroes I want. Thanks again!

* Please make more than one Banner IS, please?

9 hours ago, Lushen said:

Summer Leo is sadly not competitive anyways. Why does IS hate Leo, can't he have one good unit?  And we actually really needed a red unit on par with Linde and the greens.

Katarina and Celica are pretty perfectionist-type red mages, but I agree we need more speedy/artificially-speedy/perfectionist red mages, and perhaps an all-rounder type of mage to wield Raven tomes as good as Robin, and Cecilia. Leo is one of my favorite characters so I definitely would like to see him as a perfectionist red mage.

Just remembered how low Celica's res actually is just like Tharja's.

All-Rounder Mages

Green: Sonya, Nino

Blue: Delthea, Linde, Bridal Caeda, Mae

Red: Katarina

Finally pulled a 4* Abel so Ephraim now has swordbreaker 3.

I'm pulling for infantry pulse, but I've only seen 1 green orb in like 5 sessions. (I'm trying to snipe green here, so I just do 1 pull and back out)

66$ of orbs got me...a pity rate of 4.75%. The only bright side is the Mathilda I pulled was only 4-stars. I nearly swore out loud when I saw her appear. I'm leaving Yllisean Summer to end at 5.25%. I hope Nohrian Summer isn't going to exceed that. 

5 hours ago, Eridras said:

66$ of orbs got me...a pity rate of 4.75%. The only bright side is the Mathilda I pulled was only 4-stars. I nearly swore out loud when I saw her appear. I'm leaving Yllisean Summer to end at 5.25%. I hope Nohrian Summer isn't going to exceed that. 

...Wait, did you pull Mathilda on Yllisean Summer?

On 7/29/2017 at 11:53 AM, kleenex said:

I've definitely been a crazy mix of extremely lucky and unlucky with Nohrian Summer. While hunting for Leo I got a 5* Luke on my 3rd pull and 5* Alm on my 5th. 

Luke was pretty meh but I dropped ~100 orbs on Resonating Fangs trying to get Alm (before knowing about pulling only a target color) and got 5* every other focus unit there. 

The urge to buy orbs for tomato prince is so strong right now. But I guess I still have a month to keep trying and hoping.

Tbh this is pretty wild. I got up to 9 orbs and got a little stir crazy so I decided to use them (haven't pulled since Alm). There weren't any red orbs (but I for some reason thought that the lone blue orb I saw was red?) so I pulled it and got a 5* Azura. 

I feel like my 50% 5* success rate is going to end in infinite 3* from now on without a tomato in sight. 

YES!

Spoiler

She's +DEF/-RES. That's only slightly bittersweet because that's a lot less RES and I honestly would have loved a +RES boon, she doesn't get much from 3 extra DEF. But you know what? She's not -ATK or -SPD and I got the other unit I wanted the most along with the Valor skill that actually matters. Was getting worried there, once I got a Batre, Shanna and TWO Arthurs in my 2 pools I'd all but lost hope and she was in the very last blue pool and I summoned her with my last 4 orbs.

No Titski S!Tiki but I may try one last pull for her before the banner disappears. Then it's all in on the Nohrian summer banner for S!Corrin.

28 pulls, focusing blue for Summer Corrin.

6 total sessions with no blue, forcing me to pull green instead.

I end tonight with zero pulls of Summer Corrin and two pulls of Summer Elise (one of them is even [+Spd, -Res] at that, bringing the total count to four compared to three Summer Corrins).

Seriously, game.

Unless Corrin decides to make up for tonight's poor showing before the Voting Gauntlet begins tomorrow, I'm going to be joining Team Tiki, who has been good to me without even being asked to be.

8 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Damn it. Thought we had an answer to that mess.

The problem is that if new units don't get added to running banner when their banner stops, we'll never know this for certain unless IS actually explains to us how it works...

(We could at best say that after a certain number of pulls without a new unit, the chance of them having been added is so small that we'll just assume they weren't. It'll probably take quite a large number of pulls before we can reach that conclusion though.)

8 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

The problem is that if new units don't get added to running banner when their banner stops, we'll never know this for certain unless IS actually explains to us how it works...

(We could at best say that after a certain number of pulls without a new unit, the chance of them having been added is so small that we'll just assume they weren't. It'll probably take quite a large number of pulls before we can reach that conclusion though.)

We also have everyone working on those pulls. We don't have a central communication system, though.

Everyone, if new banners run overlap, keep your eyes peeled for the newly introduced casts!

1 hour ago, Sophie said:
  Hide contents

4ZJGw8B.png

Finally rolled someone I've wanted to roll since launch... +Atk -Def

AWESOME!

You can make the same build I did! I gave her Death Blow 3 and Redblade+ with Wings of Mercy as a place-holder B skill :p

Spoiler

bAEp3ru.png

As pay day as come around again, I splurged in hopes of snagging Summer!Leo just ahead of the gauntlet. Spoilers, I didn't get him but I also didn't leave completely empty-handed either.

Spoiler

8IEjn8C.png

Sorry, Summer!Corrin (+Spd/-Atk, for the record). For as absolutely gorgeous as your art is, this doesn't change who I'm going to side with. I'm glad I'll leave this banner having gotten her at least because I don't actually have a need for either Summer!Leo (I'm 3 for 4 on non-seasonal 5* only red mages, Celica being the one I lack) or Summer!Elise (have +Atk 5* Nino). They're just absolute favorites of mine and I would love to have their seasonal variants.

I also happened to snag a different dragon that I lacked a few pulls before Summer!Corrin turned up.

Spoiler

ElKXyqj.png

With Nowi (+Res/-HP), I now have every available manakete in game so that's something. This splurge also resulted in a plenty of skill fodder including Reposition for three of my horses (5* Xander, 5* Camus and very soon-to-be 5* Cecilia), Rehabilitate for 4* Clarine and Luna for Sharena. All in all, not particularly upset with how this turned out.

22 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

28 pulls, focusing blue for Summer Corrin.

6 total sessions with no blue, forcing me to pull green instead.

I end tonight with zero pulls of Summer Corrin and two pulls of Summer Elise (one of them is even [+Spd, -Res] at that, bringing the total count to four compared to three Summer Corrins).

Seriously, game.

Unless Corrin decides to make up for tonight's poor showing before the Voting Gauntlet begins tomorrow, I'm going to be joining Team Tiki, who has been good to me without even being asked to be.

Pretty damned sure this banner is spiting me now.

37 pulls, focusing blue for Summer Corrin.

4 total sessions with no blue, forcing me to pull green instead.

Result of two Summer Corrins (neither +Spd), two pulls of Summer Xander, and one pull of Azura.

This is not how you try to recruit me to your Voting Gauntlet team. (Well, Xander and Elise are trying pretty hard, I think.)

I'll clean my box and try a few more pulls before the Gauntlet starts.

EDIT:

49 more pulls. 41 blue, 8 green.

1 Summer Xander, 1 Sheena, 1 Peri, 2 Linde, 1 Abel, 1 Summer Corrin.

This RNG is being rather clearly spiteful. I'm done. We're through. Don't ever talk to me again. I'm finding a new RNG.

I'm siding with Tiki this Voting Gauntlet.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Had 22 orbs so had another go on the Quick Riposte banner to get a better Klein. First 2 summon sessions had no colourless orbs so I picked green both times and got 3* + 4* Gunter. Next session had 2 colourless orbs with the first being 3* Matthew and the next... A 5* Klein! This Klein is neutral which is better then my -atk 4* Klein and it also means I can now sack my 4* Klein for Death Blow.
Going to save my orbs now as I've already managed to get Summer Leo (though he is -atk which makes me a little sad) so I don't need to summon on the summer banner anymore