"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

26 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Thanks again to @XRay and @Humanoid for your evaluations of my 5* ranks. I do have a follow-up, but will not list all of my units. From the general pool (3 and 4 star, not 5* exclusives) are there any units worth developing? I, like all of you, get a ton of copies of say Chrom, Seliph, Effie, Ilyana, Hawkeye, etc. I obviously would be able to quickly plus ten some of the units, but as a F2P player I want to invest my time and resources wisely. So, in short, are there any of those lower tier units that are worth investing in, besides making manuals and giving away skills?

Cordelia, Eliwood, M!Corrin, and a Dancer/Singer of your choice would be my top picks. Cordelia and Eliwood are usable in pretty much any mode, and M!Corrin and any Dancer/Singer are usable in most modes. Having a bulky Dancer/Singer is helpful as an emergency meat shield.

Nino and Tharja are the top two strongest raw damage nukes in the 3*/4* pool. Klein and Tailtiu are pretty good too if you need additional nukes. Reinhardt and Cherche are decent too as slow Brave nukes, but fast Brave nukes these days can hit twice the amount at four times, and each hit deals almost the same amount of damage as slow Brave nukes (if not better) so slow Brave nukes are a bit more iffy in my opinion nowadays.

If you want additional Galeforcers, I recommend Caeda, Clair, and Ogma. I am a bit hesitant in recommending Raven and Lon'qu as Galeforcers since they do not have Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade on their Weapons, which means that you either need to spend resources to get them those skills on their A slot, or they eat up that Sacred Seal that could have been used on another Galeforcer.

For Aether Raids defense, Seliph and Kagero are also decent candidates if you can set up an Infantry Pulse team.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Cordelia, Eliwood, M!Corrin, and a Dancer/Singer of your choice would be my top picks. Cordelia and Eliwood are usable in pretty much any mode, and M!Corrin and any Dancer/Singer are usable in most modes. Having a bulky Dancer/Singer is helpful as an emergency meat shield.

Nino and Tharja are the top two strongest raw damage nukes in the 3*/4* pool. Klein and Tailtiu are pretty good too if you need additional nukes. Reinhardt and Cherche are decent too as slow Brave nukes, but fast Brave nukes these days can hit twice the amount at four times, and each hit deals almost the same amount of damage as slow Brave nukes (if not better) so slow Brave nukes are a bit more iffy in my opinion nowadays.

If you want additional Galeforcers, I recommend Caeda, Clair, and Ogma. I am a bit hesitant in recommending Raven and Lon'qu as Galeforcers since they do not have Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade on their Weapons, which means that you either need to spend resources to get them those skills on their A slot, or they eat up that Sacred Seal that could have been used on another Galeforcer.

For Aether Raids defense, Seliph and Kagero are also decent candidates if you can set up an Infantry Pulse team.

Thanks, so when you and @Humanoid say Eliwood, do you mean like the first horsie unit with the bad art (Knight of Lycia)? If so, that is cool to see an original unit still relevant.

16 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Thanks, so when you and @Humanoid say Eliwood, do you mean like the first horsie unit with the bad art (Knight of Lycia)? If so, that is cool to see an original unit still relevant.

Yes, Eliwood: Knight of Lycia, the one with the big funny eyes. He can use Blazing Durandal, so he can Galeforce pretty well.

5 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I just finished chamber 25 of hall of form event. That's it? That's the end of the event ? Is there any reasons to continue playing it?

Keep going back each day until you get all the daily rewards. Otherwise, that's the full event. You can keep battling to make your units learn more skills, but the only way for it to impact any other mode would be to buy a Forma Soul to summon one permanently.

33 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

So all the current skills of those charaters learnt through their events will become their original skill when we use Forma Soul to summon them

Yeah, they'll have access to whatever they had equipped at the end of the event plus whatever skills they can normally learn. They won't keep skills they previously had in the event but then later replaced, though.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

So all the current skills of those charaters learnt through their events will become their original skill when we use Forma Soul to summon them

If you summon the unit with a Forma Soul, you keep the skills that the unit has when the event ends (plus all of the skills the unit has when summoned normally). Any skills that you previously had and then replaced during the event will be lost.

hi guys,

1. I went into the legacy banner for erinys and pulled her on my very first summon (luckiest pull ever), but as i have noticed she has a certain type of skill that i have seen before on other units and i doubt its usefulness, it's her a-slot skill, and it says that her stats will be treated as a high of 175 when max level and the skill itself is maxed, supposedly so that you can get better/harder match ups on modes like arena (does it also apply to eather raids?). I have seen skills like this at least a couple other times before and i have been wondering how good exactly are these skills; i feel like a combat-based skill might do better, as in the case of erinys specfically her kit seems to be focused on high atk/spd, with low def/res. i feel it would be better to boost that atk/spd in her case. So what is the deal with this type of skills? how good are they? I don't see any one on reddit posting pictures of their amazing units using any of these sorts of skills lol.

2. lon'qu and eldigan have weapons that say they reduce their special counter by -1. when does this effect apply? during combat, every time they attack? is it a one-time effect at the start of the game? or is it a passive effect that reduces the countdown on something permanently through out the match? for example, if i have a special with a countdown of 4, instead it becomes a countdown of 3. I like both these guys so i would like to build something with them some day.

thank @Ice Dragon @Othin

Why stamina don't auto recover when I turn off the game ? 

stamina is strange mechanic to be honest, i don't really understand where the developers of any game that uses this mechanic are coming from, as keeping your players from playing the game seems counter productive to me, unless you imagine that limiting the amount of time players have to play equally limits the amount of in-game resources a player can make and then players may feel more pressured to invest real-world money to attain said resources  and have faster access to the characters/weapons/items they want. In short, i believe it to be a mechanism to force players to spend money in the game. To make this as effective as possible, your stamina recovery is set at a slow pace and it does not reset when you turn off the game because that would defeat the purpose of it, and your game data is stored on their servers, so switching devices won't help you escape it either, lol. Paying for those limited-time banners/deals really becomes more attractive at this point since you know you know you can't farm resources consistently enough as you'll like to. But this irritates players, and in the case of Heroes, this was made plain enough to IS to the point where they give you stamina potions very frequently and it pretty much makes the stamina mechanic useless for any purpose. Why they didn't just get rid of it entirely is something i don't know.

let me be clear, that is no official explanation and may be the guys here have real answers to your question, but it is a question that i have thought about myself a lot and that's the conclusion i come to without making any real research on the matter.

if you just keep playing normally, participating in as many events as possible and checking your quests, you'll find that you don't really need to worry about it. you'll have enough stamina potions available at all times that it won't stop from playing the game.

Edited by Sil/phire

It does, though? You gain 1 stamina every 5 minutes, whether or not the game is running, capping out at 99 stamina.

18 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

hi guys,

1. I went into the legacy banner for erinys and pulled her on my very first summon (luckiest pull ever), but as i have noticed she has a certain type of skill that i have seen before on other units and i doubt its usefulness, it's her a-slot skill, and it says that her stats will be treated as a high of 175 when max level and the skill itself is maxed, supposedly so that you can get better/harder match ups on modes like arena (does it also apply to eather raids?). I have seen skills like this at least a couple other times before and i have been wondering how good exactly are these skills; i feel like a combat-based skill might do better, as in the case of erinys specfically her kit seems to be focused on high atk/spd, with low def/res. i feel it would be better to boost that atk/spd in her case. So what is the deal with this type of skills? how good are they? I don't see any one on reddit posting pictures of their amazing units using any of these sorts of skills lol.

Duel skills are specifically designed to be used for any game mode that uses Arena-style scoring (such as everything at the Coliseum and Mjolnir Strikes).

The tier 3 version of the skill has a niche use as a better version of HP+5 for units that use HP for skill effects (like Bride Fjorm's Gjallarbru). The tier 4 version grants more points of stats to make the unit more viable in combat while still scoring well in the Arena (and anything with Arena-style scoring), but is generally inferior to Fury 3 outside the Arena except in cases where you want the 5 extra HP.

For all other uses, you typically want a "normal" combat skill instead of a Duel skill.

18 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

2. lon'qu and eldigan have weapons that say they reduce their special counter by -1. when does this effect apply? during combat, every time they attack? is it a one-time effect at the start of the game? or is it a passive effect that reduces the countdown on something permanently through out the match? for example, if i have a special with a countdown of 4, instead it becomes a countdown of 3. I like both these guys so i would like to build something with them some day.

It permanently lowers the maximum cooldown of the Special skill by 1 when the weapon is equipped. So if you have Glimmer, which normally has a cooldown of 2, it will now start with a cooldown of 1 instead of 2, and every time the Special cooldown resets after use, it will reset to 1 instead of 2 (and if you get hit by an effect that raises your current Special counter, like Pulse Smoke, it will be unable to go above 1).

5 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

stamina is strange mechanic to be honest, i don't really understand where the developers of any game that uses this mechanic are coming from, as keeping your players from playing the game seems counter productive to me, unless you imagine that limiting the amount of time players have to play equally limits the amount of in-game resources a player can make and then players may feel more pressured to invest real-world money to attain said resources  and have faster access to the characters/weapons/items they want.

Stamina mechanics are intended to prevent players from blowing through content too quickly. This allows new content to be consumed more slowly to give the developers time to work on the next update, and it also reduces the chance that players will be burned out from playing a game too much. It keeps players coming back to the game at regular intervals in the same way that daily login rewards do.

Monetizing stamina just adds additional cash flow, but that's only a secondary consideration because only a small percentage of players will pay for it, and players that do pay are more likely to spend their money and premium currency on more valuable things, like pulls.

thank @Ice Dragon @Othin

Stamina should still recover even if you turn off the game. Stamina caps out at 99 though, and it would not go higher than that.

22 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Duel skills are strictly for scoring in modes like Arena, Arena Assault Team 1, Mjölnir's Strike, etc.

For an actual combat application, its only use so far is to help debuffers who rely on HP to debuff enemies, such as Virion, Aversa, Veld, etc.

25 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

It is always active. If you check the cooldown on Moonbow, it is 2. When you have a Slaying Weapon equipped, its cooldown gets reduced to 1.

@Ice Dragon @XRay thanks guys

but ok, so if i'm just more interested in making sure the unit has the best skills it can for its particular use and i'm not actually interested in this effects to score higher in arena modes, i can just ignore this dual skills and move on right? like i enjoy playing Heroes mostly to play with the characters I like and I'm not really hard into high scoring in games modes and what not, but i do like to try to build up the units i like to the best builds i can. it would be something else if this game actually offered true pvp but that's not really on offer here.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Stamina mechanics are intended to prevent players from blowing through content too quickly. This allows new content to be consumed more slowly to give the developers time to work on the next update, and it also reduces the chance that players will be burned out from playing a game too much. It keeps players coming back to the game at regular intervals in the same way that daily login rewards do

Monetizing stamina just adds additional cash flow, but that's only a secondary consideration because only a small percentage of players will pay for it, and players that do pay are more likely to spend their money and premium currency on more valuable things, like pulls.

Oh, i see. definitely didn't think of it that way, but very interesting. thanks for clarifying.

3 hours ago, Hasechi said:

If you mean regular stamina, as stated it recovers at a rate of 1 every five minutes, with a cap of 99. Stamina can technically go past this limit if you use a Stamina Potion, but it will not begin recovering until you go under 99.

If you mean stamina in the Hall of Forms, stamina does not recover in that mode until the daily reset, or if you use a Torch to manually recover stamina.
This is probably because, if you had a virtually unlimited number of times to play the HoF, you could get literally any skill set you wanted on your units with no repercussions, and then you could just grind out the weaker halls until you literally had 4 gods to sweep the floor with. Think about it, my current Minerva has 5 out of the 6 skills I wanted her to have once she can have a Forma soul used on her, but I only have a weeks worth of runs to get her the last skill she wants (Dive Bomb, if it matters). If I had unlimited runs, I could have cleared the HoF with extremely strong Spring Whitewings and Minerva, all with full skillsets and merges, on just the first day.

@Sil/phire The Tier 4 Duel skills at least provide +5 HP and +2 all stats, which is currently comparable to Fury 2 and an HP+5 Sacred Seal being used in the A slot. Not impressive compared to +7 Atk and Spd just for having more than 25% HP, but it's still pretty good.
But as far as actually good, like if you have better options then just use those... Azelle and Erinys would both get more benefit from even as simple a skill as Life and Death 3.

Edited by Xenomata

at the start of everyday ( which we gifted items everyday ), stamina auto recover to 99, right ?

Also in Loki event maps, tier 4 is lower than tier 3 , right ? Im currently at tier 4

Edited by Hasechi

18 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

at the start of everyday ( which we gifted items everyday ), stamina auto recover to 99, right ?

Also in Loki event maps, tier 4 is lower than tier 3 , right ? Im currently at tier 4

Nope, it's 1 stamina per 5 minutes, nothing else affects it unless you do a manual recharge.

And for tiers, a higher number is better, in this mode it goes up to tier 10.

34 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Normal Stamina does not recover to max at the daily reset.

Again, only Hall of Forms stamina recovers at the daily reset.

56 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thanks! What B Duel ... skills used for ? Are those skills good ?

See the past few posts, people were just talking about this.

You know @XRay, I remember saying I didn't wanna build a second Brave Ike, and that was pretty much because it was impossible for me to say I could have the resources necessary to get another Bike up to speed (decent number of merges, pretty valuable SI, refine, etc.) especially considering Bike wasn't in the summoning pool for New Hero banners anymore, the only banners I really focus resources into these days.

Turns out that was a lot easier to say BEFORE Feh Pass gave me an extra copy of him and the summoning pool update provided a small chance to get even more extra copies.

I wanna ask real quickly, when do you think the point is that I could run this new Brave Ike in Aether Raids? Right now I'm just giving my existing +Spd +10 Bike a new blessing every week that he needs one.

(Also funny little extra, one of Bike's tap quotes directly addresses the fact he has new gear on top of his alt gear. That amuses me.)

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

You know @XRay, I remember saying I didn't wanna build a second Brave Ike, and that was pretty much because it was impossible for me to say I could have the resources necessary to get another Bike up to speed (decent number of merges, pretty valuable SI, refine, etc.) especially considering Bike wasn't in the summoning pool for New Hero banners anymore, the only banners I really focus resources into these days.

Turns out that was a lot easier to say BEFORE Feh Pass gave me an extra copy of him and the summoning pool update provided a small chance to get even more extra copies.

I wanna ask real quickly, when do you think the point is that I could run this new Brave Ike in Aether Raids? Right now I'm just giving my existing +Spd +10 Bike a new blessing every week that he needs one.

Once you get him to +0+15 with Summoner Support, he should be all ready to go. With Resplendent stats, that is essentially 5 merges, and that is what my Astra BH!Ike had in merges before Resplendent stats. He is +Spd though, so it did not feel like he needed the extra stats.