"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Chances are low that I ever will have a 5* +10 unit at all (my highest 5* merge is Ninian +3 who trolled me with 4 off-focus appearances). Therefore 4* +10  is the best I can do for the big majority of my units, since it's similar to 5* +5.

Yeah, I realize that it's going to take a lot of resources. But it's not like I'm actively trying to +10 anyone. It'd be nice to have but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon. In fact, to this day I still don't have a 5* merged unit. I was thinking of promoting my 4* BK and merging him with his 5* version but I might keep the 4* version for future GHB strategies that I come across.

Edited by tobuShogi

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I just got a +spd -def 4☆ Fae, should I keep her and invest on her? Or Renewal fodder?

My Fae is +Spd -HP, and she's probably the best unit in my roster. But that depends on whether you want to take notes from me- I don't think -Def can stop the archers like mine can (if she still can, after Brave Lyn).

My current build is Lightning Breath+/Iceberg/Fury/Quick Riposte, with the Squad Ace A seal. If you decide to build her, this is what I've got as a base. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to see if my Fae can survive Brave Lyn.

EDIT: Nope, my particular Fae versus neutral, vanilla Lyn is an exact kill (but if the Lyn has a Brave Bow, the speed drop might allow Fae to survive tricky builds). My Fae is +1, which grants her a point of HP that will let her survive Brave Lyns, but that's a commitment I won't ask of someone casually looking to build a Fae. She'll still shred Reiny, and I imagine any sort of defence buff will let her kill Brave Lyn, but it's a little disappointing.

Edited by phineas81707

22 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I just got a +spd -def 4☆ Fae, should I keep her and invest on her? Or Renewal fodder?

Keep her.

Fae is not a physical check to anything other than lances; you’re running her because you want a unit that will be able to beat any Reinhardt variant, regardless of merges or buffs.

Fae has the best Res out of the other breath units, but her stats other than HP are a bit lacking. She’s also a good user of Ploy skills, on that note.

-Def doesn’t get in the way of her main niche, and Spd limits the number of doubles she takes on enemy phase. If you want another Reinhardt check, you’ll be hard pressed to find someone better in that role than Fae.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Thanks! I'll keep her and build her slowly because I need min a Nowi or Tiki to build her. I may run TA and G Tomebreaker (due to QR being expensive). Panic Ploy would be cool but I'll go for anything else.

Panic Ploy runs HP, not Resistance.

Also, I'm not sure what Green tomes you're blocking there...

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Panic Ploy runs HP, not Resistance.

Also, I'm not sure what Green tomes you're blocking there...

Ikr

Idk, Gamepedia recommends G TBrkr, she does fine against blues with TA, maybe to avoid Ninos and such. Or maybe Bowbreaker for Lyn?

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Idk, Gamepedia recommends G TBrkr, she does fine against blues with TA, maybe to avoid Ninos and such. Or maybe Bowbreaker for Lyn?

Either G Tomebreaker or Quick Riposte. Fae is already frail on the physical side and a Brave Bow Lyn would make quick work of her.

Fae works well with any of the Ploy skills, though Panic is usually the best option since her HP is above-average and reversing buffs makes it even easier to tank.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Ikr

As far as I can tell from the calculator, she duels all vanilla green tomes to a draw. After that, blade tome buffs and Julia's Naga get pretty scary, and I wouldn't know if I'd trust Fae to deal with those anyway. Blue Tomebreaker helps with her merely 'doesn't get doubled' speed against some blue tomes like Ursula and Linde, but Reiny himself is so slow that Fae kills him without. (Unless he's buffed, of course). And Bowbreaker would solve the vanilla Lyn problem, hopefully.

I'd recommend choosing a breaker that suits her teammates weaknesses.

15 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Either G Tomebreaker or Quick Riposte. Fae is already frail on the physical side and a Brave Bow Lyn would make quick work of her.

Fae works well with any of the Ploy skills, though Panic is usually the best option since her HP is above-average and reversing buffs makes it even easier to tank.

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

As far as I can tell from the calculator, she duels all vanilla green tomes to a draw. After that, blade tome buffs and Julia's Naga get pretty scary, and I wouldn't know if I'd trust Fae to deal with those anyway. Blue Tomebreaker helps with her merely 'doesn't get doubled' speed against some blue tomes like Ursula and Linde, but Reiny himself is so slow that Fae kills him without. (Unless he's buffed, of course). And Bowbreaker would solve the vanilla Lyn problem, hopefully.

I'd recommend choosing a breaker that suits her teammates weaknesses.

Thanks! My dragon team is fairly weak and under progress, it requires its time and SI fodder.

So far I have +Atk -Hp Nowi as a Defiant Vantage attacker, base Ninian (+hp -atk) and base Tiki Y (+hp -spd), well with bonfire.

And on the 4☆ band I have a Tiki A +Atk -spd with Axebreaker and a base Corrin with +spd -res, plus Fae.

Lots of Fury and TA fodder needed!

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Thanks! My dragon team is fairly weak and under progress, it requires its time and SI fodder.

So far I have +Atk -Hp Nowi as a Defiant Vantage attacker, base Ninian (+hp -atk) and base Tiki Y (+hp -spd), well with bonfire.

And on the 4☆ band I have a Tiki A +Atk -spd with Axebreaker and a base Corrin with +spd -res, plus Fae.

Lots of Fury and TA fodder needed!

I've been using Fae outside of Dragon teams (no Ninian, so real reason to use Dragons over other units.

And I've never gotten one Roy, much less enough to routinely put Triangle Adept on things. That's been Selena's job.

Just now, Poimagic said:

Okay then, question time. What is better for emblem teams with the current meta? Goads, and Wards, Hones and Fortifies, or a mix of both?

I like 2 Hone 2 Fort.  That way, everyone gets access to +6 to everything, and I find position before the turn easier than trying to line up everybody during the turn.

For cases like Fliers where Hone is very rare, you can use a Goad.

Just now, Poimagic said:

Okay then, question time. What is better for emblem teams with the current meta? Goads, and Wards, Hones and Fortifies, or a mix of both?

Rare triple post spotted

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I like 2 Hone 2 Fort.  That way, everyone gets access to +6 to everything, and I find position before the turn easier than trying to line up everybody during the turn.

For cases like Fliers where Hone is very rare, you can use a Goad.

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

The power of triple post is real. Anyways, thanks for telling me that. It will really help me with organizing my emblem teams.

Did you see my earlier post?

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Cavalry and fliers I prefer to run all Hone for the flexibility of being able to run in 2-unit cells without losing offensive buffs on two units. If you tend to keep your team together, two Hone and two Fortify is a good mix.

Armors depend on your composition. A purely enemy-phase armor team uses all Ward Armors. An offensive armor team uses a combination of Armor March and either Hone Armor or Goad Armor.

Dragons use Fortify Dragons because that's the only skill there is, though Hone Atk and Drive Def are also good to have on one or two units.

28 minutes ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

i just pulled a inigo +def/-spd. How should i build him? I was thinking about triangle adept, bowbreaker and a raven tome

This is generally the go-to option, since he will have the ability to defeat Reins and Bow Lyns, as well as provide dance utility for the rest of the team.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Does draconic aura works with death blow in a brave build?

Yes. Unless stated otherwise (such as Blades and Beorc's Blessing specifying only bonuses), all skills take all types of buffs and skills into account.

Thoughts on this dragon emblem team (all unmerged)

- Nowi [-HP/+ATK]: Lightning Breath+, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury, Quick Riposte, Spur Defense

- Fae [still leveling so can't tell her IVs]: Lightning Breath+, Swap, Ardent Sacrifice, Warding Blow, Renewal, Hone Attack

- Adult Tiki [-RES/+ATK]: Lightning Breath+, Shove, Bonfire, Armored Blow, Swordbreaker, Hone Speed

- Ninian [-HP/+DEF]: Lightning Breath+, Dance, Moonbow, Life and Death, Wings of Mercy, Fortify Dragons