"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

[...]

Nope. This is why I've had double tap to wait turned on after it was implemented. Shaking off debuffs has always been a thing, and the new Dance skills make ending your action without moving even more relevant.

[...]

That's a pity, I'll have to be more carefully then. Thanks for the answer! 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, BANRYU said:

In that case, Peri has a good amount of flexibility; since she basically never wants to be attacked on EP, I'd say any bane that isn't Atk or Spd is perfectly fine. Def or HP would be preferred since she can actually tank some magic if need be (depending on whether you're running LnD or Fury or whatever), but you've got some wiggle room. For Titania yeah, I would still recommend -HP though I don't think -Res would kill her ability to deal with Rein.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

With Triangle Adept, you'd preferably want -HP if you want to tank both types of damage. However, always check benchmarks. For example, -Def Fae doesn't have trouble tanking physical blue units at all with Fortify Dragons up (since my benchmarks are unbuffed Ephraim and Effie).

With Firesweep, drop the lower stat if Bonfire, Ignis, Iceberg, or Glacies is viable. If those special skills are not viable, use -Res.

I'll be giving Peri L&D but if I ever switch her over to Fury then I'll give her Iceberg, which means -Def would be the best bane from the look of things. 

For Titania, it seems like -HP is the best way to go. 34HP is a bit low for a physical unit but Triangle Adept should help. 

How do the summon rates work? Let's say I could summon from a set of orbs only once while I also could summon from that same set of orbs five times. In both instances I don't get a single 5* unit. If I try summoning again, would the resulting units hidden behind the orbs be the same in both instances even with the 5* rate increase, just with one of the units having a greater chance of being replaced by a 5*? Or would they all be completely different?

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

So what's in the market for a +Atk -HP Ninian?

I would give her Lightning Breath, Moonbow, Fury/Steady Breath, Quick Riposte.

If you want use her for Player Phase and you have the resources,  you can try Flametongue, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow/Life and Death, Swordbreaker/Lancebreaker.

56 minutes ago, FrostyFireMage said:

How do the summon rates work? Let's say I could summon from a set of orbs only once while I also could summon from that same set of orbs five times. In both instances I don't get a single 5* unit. If I try summoning again, would the resulting units hidden behind the orbs be the same in both instances even with the 5* rate increase, just with one of the units having a greater chance of being replaced by a 5*? Or would they all be completely different?

The rate only change when you exit the summoning screen. If I remember correctly, all the Orbs are predetermined to have a certain character once the summoning screen loads. The only way to reset the characters is basically exiting the summoning screen and reenter it.

Edited by XRay

For gem/T-Adept or defensive units who are there to wall out people, would it be better for them to have Ignis/Glacies over Bonfire/Iceberg? I'm wondering about this since while trying to get rid of units, I figured I might as well dump stuff on my +Atk, -Res Subaki and build a +Spd, -Def Titania, I've been mulling over whether or not they should have Ignis/Glacies instead of Bonfire/Iceberg.

With Subaki, like Lukas and Selena, he can grind out battles against physical units or counter-kill them with QR. So, I feel like he doesn't really need Bonfire's lower charge and having Ignis ready might be better for high defense blues.

Titania's a different story in that my first Titania was +Res, -Atk who was built with Glacies. She walled out blues, especially mages, and had she not been -Atk, she would have handled them more easily. So, Glacies worked, but -Atk was crappy.

I figure units who want to be on the offense should be using < 3-charge specials because they want to rid of more units as quickly. I have some exceptions, Brave users, -blade mages, and high offensive spread non-blade mages, but those are just my preferences. Defensive units who are there to counter kill as much units as possible also would want lower charge specials, especially if they're running Walls of Fire/Ice and Sharp Things builds, but there are some exceptions like really slow, bulky units like Lukas who can use Ignis effectively because he gets doubled by everything, but I would also lump Lukas into the wall units group. And then there are the more defensive, wall units who don't really do much damage outside of WTA and generally take little to no damage against whatever is targeting their higher defensive stat. Some of them can counter kill effectively like Subaki, so it feels like they don't need the extra boost from a lower charge special compared to having a massive boost from a 4-charge special.

@DehNutCase, mind if I tag you? You run a grindy Selena and you did give me advice on having Titania run Glacies.

47 minutes ago, Haardyhaarhaar said:

I have a 5 star Marth and a 4 star Marth. Should I promote my 4 star before merging it with my 5 star?

Unless you are merging the 5* into the 4*, promote the 4 and merge. If you have spare SP on your 4* and want to get your 5* some skills inherited without additional grinding, you can have the 4* inherit those skills first, learn them, then merge the two.

Units only gain merge levels from units of the same or higher rarity. Merging the 4* into the 5* will NOT increase the merge level on the 5*.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

For gem/T-Adept or defensive units who are there to wall out people, would it be better for them to have Ignis/Glacies over Bonfire/Iceberg? I'm wondering about this since while trying to get rid of units, I figured I might as well dump stuff on my +Atk, -Res Subaki and build a +Spd, -Def Titania, I've been mulling over whether or not they should have Ignis/Glacies instead of Bonfire/Iceberg.

With Subaki, like Lukas and Selena, he can grind out battles against physical units or counter-kill them with QR. So, I feel like he doesn't really need Bonfire's lower charge and having Ignis ready might be better for high defense blues.

Titania's a different story in that my first Titania was +Res, -Atk who was built with Glacies. She walled out blues, especially mages, and had she not been -Atk, she would have handled them more easily. So, Glacies worked, but -Atk was crappy.

I figure units who want to be on the offense should be using < 3-charge specials because they want to rid of more units as quickly. I have some exceptions, Brave users, -blade mages, and high offensive spread non-blade mages, but those are just my preferences. Defensive units who are there to counter kill as much units as possible also would want lower charge specials, especially if they're running Walls of Fire/Ice and Sharp Things builds, but there are some exceptions like really slow, bulky units like Lukas who can use Ignis effectively because he gets doubled by everything, but I would also lump Lukas into the wall units group. And then there are the more defensive, wall units who don't really do much damage outside of WTA and generally take little to no damage against whatever is targeting their higher defensive stat. Some of them can counter kill effectively like Subaki, so it feels like they don't need the extra boost from a lower charge special compared to having a massive boost from a 4-charge special.

@DehNutCase, mind if I tag you? You run a grindy Selena and you did give me advice on having Titania run Glacies.

I personally prefer Moonbow for quicker activation and more consistent performance. Killing a unit in one round of combat is better than killing it in multiple rounds of combat. Using higher cooldown Specials may result in the unit missing important kills.

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

The main difference is a matter of: Do you want to hit like a paper napkin most of the time and like a nuke occasionally or like a paper napkin half the time and like an okay unit half the time.

I go with paper napkin most of the time and nuke occasionally because my offensive units are okay units all the time, meaning there's no reason to not just have an offensive unit take care of the player phase offense if a merely 'okay' unit is needed. It helps that Selena with Fury & Renewal has high speed and high sustain, which are ideal for farming special charge---she needs less special charge to actually ORKO things because she doubles on offense, and she could get more special charge while not killing things because she can fight lots without dying.

(Offensive units with their specials up obviously out damage, but it's easier to save up a special proc on a defensive unit than an offensive one, at least for me.)

Mind, Subaki is sufficiently niche that I'd just give him whatever special's least costly to give---I'd just slap whatever of Ignis or Bonfire I had more copies of on him, rather than caring too much abut min-maxing, since I wouldn't use him outside things like quests that require him, TT with him as a bonus, and AA.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I personally prefer Moonbow for quicker activation and more consistent performance. Killing a unit in one round of combat is better than killing it in multiple rounds of combat. Using higher cooldown Specials may result in the unit missing important kills.

Yeah, I get that, but most gem/T-Adept users can ORKO whoever they have WTA against, especially if they can double in some way. Subaki's special in that he has Quick Riposte by default which lets an unbuffed +Atk Subaki counter-kill all melee reds, but the Black Knight, Draug, Eldigan, young Tiki, Xander, and Zephiel. Except for Draug and Xander, they're all at single digit health. Granted, they're vanilla units, but the idea is that Subaki can wall out if not hard counter sword units without much assistance thanks to his default kit and high defense.

Moonbow on him would seem a bit wasted (even though it's plentiful with Odin and Palla being common) since he's likely going to kill a sword unit if they attack him. Bonfire and Ignis would be better since he could counter-kill a squishier unit and have Bonfire or Ignis charged for a tankier unit, or just grind out a battle with an isolated tanky red where Bonfire and Ignis would let him nuke them.

I would definitely bring an offensive unit with Subaki who I'd use more for stalling or hard countering a unit which is easy to do when I use him primarily for PvE maps. For example, the first Squad Assault and the chapter 2 chain challenges where Xander's off in his corner. I just had Subaki sit there occupying Xander's attention while I dealt with the other units. Maybe it's just a matter of play style.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

The main difference is a matter of: Do you want to hit like a paper napkin most of the time and like a nuke occasionally or like a paper napkin half the time and like an okay unit half the time.

I go with paper napkin most of the time and nuke occasionally because my offensive units are okay units all the time, meaning there's no reason to not just have an offensive unit take care of the player phase offense if a merely 'okay' unit is needed. It helps that Selena with Fury & Renewal has high speed and high sustain, which are ideal for farming special charge---she needs less special charge to actually ORKO things because she doubles on offense, and she could get more special charge while not killing things because she can fight lots without dying.

(Offensive units with their specials up obviously out damage, but it's easier to save up a special proc on a defensive unit than an offensive one, at least for me.)

Subaki and Titania have gem weapons so their damage output is good against whoever they have WTA against, but anyway, I don't think I need them to activate a special frequently if they can handle specific units well. A special would be better put to use for high defense or higher speed units they're neutral or have WTA against. Offensive units can handle everything else while they wall out specific units.

For special saving or timing, I've had that problem even with high charge specials. Offensive units always attack, so their specials charge quickly and activate on almost everyone which can be a problem if they're specials like Galeforce or the AoE ones. The last few days I used BH Roy for the current TT and since I never used a Galeforce unit and he gained enough SP to get it during the TT, I ended up wasting it on the last enemy on the map. That, and I'm not used to timing his special with Blazing Durandal's built-in Heavy Blade 3. Using Linde with Draconic Aura during the reinforcement maps a while back and during the first TT also made me think that I should have given her Dragon Fang since she nukes most units without needing a special and that's just a default, neutral Linde. DA activating early and then feeling like I could have used it or DF for someone else popped up a lot.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind, Subaki is sufficiently niche that I'd just give him whatever special's least costly to give---I'd just slap whatever of Ignis or Bonfire I had more copies of on him, rather than caring too much abut min-maxing, since I wouldn't use him outside things like quests that require him, TT with him as a bonus, and AA.

Subaki has been pretty useful to me for PvE, but that doesn't say much when I like defensive units. I just set him up somewhere, have my other units deal with everything else, and see if he's done. He's just accumulated so much SP that I figured I should make use of the units sitting around doing nothing and have him inherit some stuff.

22 minutes ago, Thienphu said:

Hey,

i pulled a 2 performing Inigo +def/-spd and +spd/-atk. which one should i use?

+Spd -Att easily. The +Def nature won't do him many, if any, favors, while +Spd lets him avoid being doubled by anyone with 40 Spd or less.

If you want to use Inigo offensively, give him Gronnraven and TA3. It offsets the Attack loss by giving him an essential 46 attack against any Blue or Colorless units not running Cancel Affinity, and also lets him tank hits from Reinhardt, Bridelia, and Brave Lyn well enough. +Def -Spd would let him tank Bows especially well, but he WILL be doubled by the popular Bow users if you go that route.

Otherwise the +Spd will let him tank more hits by not taking as many hits in the first place.

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I get that, but most gem/T-Adept users can ORKO whoever they have WTA against, especially if they can double in some way. Subaki's special in that he has Quick Riposte by default which lets an unbuffed +Atk Subaki counter-kill all melee reds, but the Black Knight, Draug, Eldigan, young Tiki, Xander, and Zephiel. Except for Draug and Xander, they're all at single digit health. Granted, they're vanilla units, but the idea is that Subaki can wall out if not hard counter sword units without much assistance thanks to his default kit and high defense.

Moonbow on him would seem a bit wasted (even though it's plentiful with Odin and Palla being common) since he's likely going to kill a sword unit if they attack him. Bonfire and Ignis would be better since he could counter-kill a squishier unit and have Bonfire or Ignis charged for a tankier unit, or just grind out a battle with an isolated tanky red where Bonfire and Ignis would let him nuke them.

I would definitely bring an offensive unit with Subaki who I'd use more for stalling or hard countering a unit which is easy to do when I use him primarily for PvE maps. For example, the first Squad Assault and the chapter 2 chain challenges where Xander's off in his corner. I just had Subaki sit there occupying Xander's attention while I dealt with the other units. Maybe it's just a matter of play style.

I see, we just have different plat styles. I prefer Triangle Adept units to kill the things they counter within one round of combat. I have a strong dislike of leaving enemies alive and stalling, since the surviving enemy may get their Vantage and Special activated who can kill another unit or even overwhelm the wall itself if there is an enemy Dancer/Singer nearby. If it is just one or two enemies, then I would not mind too much, but leaving six alive is unacceptable to me. I expect my hard counters to actually hard counter enemies and preferably leave no one alive.

3 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Stuff for Performing Azura and Jaffar?

Explanation for how I'm getting so many lucky hits recently? Because I'm starting to think this is more than an apology for missing Ellie.

I saved one Jaffar, but I sacrificed all his extra copies for Life and Death; I do not plan to merge him since he cock blocked me in getting Ninian three or four times and he sucks. If you still want to use him, you can make him a dedicated HP chipper with Poison Strike and Savage Blow, but if you give him Savage Blow, be careful around enemies with Vantage.

I personally would pimp out PA!Azura with a Brave Axe build. If you prefer something more reasonable, then her default kit is actually fine. I would give her either Moonbow or a defensive Special. For her B slot, I would go with Guard or a Breaker to increase her survivability. Although I really like Wings of Mercy and Escape Route on my Dancers/Singers, I do not use that skill very often since they are always so close to the units they are supporting, so you might want to see if your play style warrant a teleporting skill.

Edited by XRay

OK, where do I grind -Def Azura? Because I probably almost spent a stamina bar trying to get her to survive a Warriors map, and she wound up with about half a level up.

I don't see how this is better than Inigo.

11 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

OK, where do I grind -Def Azura? Because I probably almost spent a stamina bar trying to get her to survive a Warriors map, and she wound up with about half a level up.

Masked Marths warrior map starts with a lot of blue units (level 10 or level 27), second wave is green. You only need a healer, another dancer and someone who can take care of Marth and the occasional red who comes out of the lower right gate. 

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Does Brave Ike's Beorc Blessing (I don't have one, but I play on Belinda's account that has all 4 CYL heroes) negate a Bladetome horse... Like say Olwen's +24 Barblade boost?

It does. Ike with Beorc’s Blessing would ignore all the Rallies and Hones (but not Spurs, Goads, or Drives) on enemy horses and horsebirds.

Anyone else notice the new Dancers act different then the other 3 we have? Usually before the new Dancer banner, when baiting a Dancer they would proceed to attack. This isnt the case with the new Dancers (especially with the ranged ones), rather then going for the attack and falling to Distant Counter they dont take the bait and just sing their allies... Its extremly annoying ¬.¬

36 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Anyone else notice the new Dancers act different then the other 3 we have? Usually before the new Dancer banner, when baiting a Dancer they would proceed to attack. This isnt the case with the new Dancers (especially with the ranged ones), rather then going for the attack and falling to Distant Counter they dont take the bait and just sing their allies... Its extremly annoying ¬.¬

Not from what I've noticed.

The older dancer AI will prioritize dance/sing towards any gray allies in range. Especially if they determine that attacking WILL KILL THEM. The unpredictable part of their entire squad is the order in which the AI moves the units. Since if someone is in range, the unit that can do the most damage will go first and possibly get danced.

Edited by shadowofchaos

5 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Not from what I've noticed.

The older dancer AI will prioritize dance/sing towards any gray allies in range. Especially if they determine that attacking WILL KILL THEM. The unpredictable part of their entire squad is the order in which the AI moves the units. Since if someone is in range, the unit that can do the most damage will go first and possibly get danced.

I was out of anyones attack range, only Inigo would have been able to attack my Distant Counter Ike, yet he chose to dance another unit. I had this actually happen now twice to me. The same happen against an Olivia, Ike was the only one standing in her Attack range yet she chose to Dance someone. I am really confused

9 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

I just used the Training Tower, but if you haven't tried it, unequip her Dance skill, which will let you Dancer for her, and you can level her up like a normal unit.  I did that for all my new Dancers.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I just used the Training Tower, but if you haven't tried it, unequip her Dance skill, which will let you Dancer for her, and you can level her up like a normal unit.  I did that for all my new Dancers.

I eventually got the Warriors map to work. I already had Dance (and Triangle Adept) unequipped, but Azura's problem was being Delthea-levels of fragile, and there being way too many reds against Team Camilla.

Camilla can't even host a grinding opportunity right.

So I've been using a +Atk/-Res Nino with a LnD set quite successfully for a while, but now I also got her +Spd/-Res version. As I have quite a bunch of feathers in reverse, I'm considering to promote the latter and merge the two.
My question is now: Which one should be the one that I keep? 45 base Spd from +Spd Nino admittedly sounds pretty awesome, but I fear that a potential boost might go to waste in that case, so I'm not sure.

Similar issue with summer Elise btw, where I pulled one +Atk/-HP and one +Spd/-HP.