Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Inferno lizard said:

11.0.1. Then there's a (15a402)

That's the most recent version.  That's also the one that gave me hell with another app update.

So, in order:

1. Completely quit out of the app store (double-tap the Home button, then drag the App Store away).
2. Restart your phone.
3. Recheck the app store for updates, via that little button near the lower-right corner.
4. If you don't see an update, drag the page down.  This should force the app store to update.

It's not a FE thing, it's an iOS thing.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That's the most recent version.  That's also the one that gave me hell with another app update.

So, in order:

1. Completely quit out of the app store (double-tap the Home button, then drag the App Store away).
2. Restart your phone.
3. Recheck the app store for updates, via that little button near the lower-right corner.
4. If you don't see an update, drag the page down.  This should force the app store to update.

It's not a FE thing, it's an iOS thing.

Ah, thank you so much. Figured it was the OS that was wrong, but didn't really know how to get help on that.

What's M!Robin's best boon? I have a +Spd one as 5 star, but also found out I have a +Atk one at 4 star. He seems to get more kills with +Spd but is +Atk (or +Def) more important for him when baiting?

Also regarding Adult Tiki, which boon/bane should I keep? +Atk/-Res or -HP/+Res for a QR build? Would getting extra Res be more beneficial or just killing things faster be better?

Edited by mcsilas

26 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

What's M!Robin's best boon? I have a +Spd one as 5 star, but also found out I have a +Atk one at 4 star. He seems to get more kills with +Spd but is +Atk (or +Def) more important for him when baiting?

Also regarding Adult Tiki, which boon/bane should I keep? +Atk/-Res or -HP/+Res for a QR build? Would getting extra Res be more beneficial or just killing things faster be better?

Depends on use. For M!Robin, I went with +Def, -Res to counter BH!Lyn. If you want him to be a general use Enemy Phase unit, I would go with +Atk. Player Phase should go with +Spd.

For A!Tiki, I would go with +Atk for a general use as an Enemy Phase unit; I have to doube check the bane when I have access to the Internet from my computer, but I think -Res is not too bad since her Resistance is already crap. +Res, -HP is decent for a Triangle Adept build.

Edited by XRay

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on use. For M!Robin, I went with +Def, -Res to counter BH!Lyn. If you want him to be a general use Enemy Phase unit, I would go with +Atk. Player Phase should go with +Spd.

For A!Tiki, I would go with +Atk for a general use as an Enemy Phase unit; I have to doube check the bane when I have access to the Internet from my computer, but I think -Res is not too bad since her Resistance is already crap. +Res, -HP is decent for a Triangle Adept build.

Okay thanks for the advice.

I guess I'll keep using the +Spd one for now and just train the +Atk one to level 40 at 4 star for now. Maybe upgrade/merge when I'm really stuck in a PvE map or something.

As for Tiki, Roys are very rare for me, so +Atk sounds good then!

I don't want to say I'm ready to promote another unit to 5* for the sake of using them as a unit, because... well, I'm not. Not by a longshot. But I do have some units who need weapon+ and only enough feathers and soon-to-be-free units to promote one of them.

Spoiler

Henry: Rauorraven+ for +Att -HP Sophia.

Gordin: Brave Bow+ for +Att -Spd Leon

Draug: Brave Sword+ for +Spd -Hp Hana or +Att -Res Chrom

Seth: Ruby Sword+ for +Spd -HP Olivia

Alternatively, promote Subaki for any of the following to get Quick Riposte 3:

+Att -Spd Adult Tiki

+Att -HP Fae*

+Att -HP Ike*

Xander*

Pretty much everyone above is 4* save for those marked with a *, so they'd have to wait to be promoted for at least 3 weeks.

Final alternative, just suck it up and work on +Att -Def Cecilia (who already has been Skill Inherited) from 3* to 5*, or really just promote any of the above to 5* and work with their base weapon until I can get them the weapon they actually want.

I know it's not a whole lot of promotion options, but it's not like I'm thinking of who to promote next as an active unit (I already worked on neutral Reinhardt last week anyways).

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What are the ideal IVs for Performing Arts Azura, Eliwood, regular Roy and Lilina? That was my most recent pull in summoning, would like to know which are the best to keep since I've pulled them all prior to this.

PAzura: +Spd is best, +Atk wouldn't be bad and minus to one of the defensive stats.

Eliwood: once again +Atk or +Spd or both great.  Try not to have -Res, so you can use Iceberg.  -HP is probably better, since his Def is a bit low already, but it wouldn't be awful to have -Def.

Roy: Really, +Spd is the best for him.  He'll need that along with a Speed buff to be able to double much.  +Atk is the second best.  -Res is the best bane, but if you have +Res you can use Iceberg, in which case -HP is the best bane.

Lilina: +Atk is her best boon, her Speed is so low that you might as well make her -Spd.  If you can't get -Spd, the best banes are -Def and -HP in that order.  She's so slow and has so low Defense, she won't survive melee, so might as well maximize her elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Was there ever a mention of getting feathers as rewards for defense in Arena Assault? I feel like I read that somewhere but I very well could have just made that up.

A successful Arena Assault defense now counts towards your normal defense wins (but with no bonus multiplier).

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A successful Arena Assault defense now counts towards your normal defense wins (but with no bonus multiplier).

In other words, when checking your rewards, a successful defense doesn't necessary mean that it came from your regular arena team.

Just now, tobuShogi said:

In other words, when checking your rewards, a successful defense doesn't necessary mean that it came from your regular arena team.

Your Arena defense team is the exact same as your Arena Assault defense team. The only difference is that Arena has bonus characters for scoring purposes and Arena Assault does not.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Your Arena defense team is the exact same as your Arena Assault defense team. The only difference is that Arena has bonus characters for scoring purposes and Arena Assault does not.

That makes a lot sense actually. For some reason I thought your regular arena and Arena Assault defense teams were different.

Which units really want Draconic Aura as a special?

I thought the highest Atk units like Effie and Cherche would want it but they seem like they do better with Bonfire because of both constant damage and their good Def. Simlarly, I think Sanaki wants Iceberg instead.

Basically I want to know if I should be using my F Corrins for Draconic Aura fodder or Hone Attack (since my Olivia supply has dropped now)

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilasJust pick whichever special does the most damage.

However, it is easy to spot a few trends when it comes to comparing special damage, such as

Luna vs Bonfire for physical units and

Draconic Aura vs Iceberg for magical ones

Iceberg is the least commonly-used special because Res is such a low stat in general, but in Sanaki’s case it’s +17 damage unless she runs LaD. With Cymbeline she only has 51 Atk, which is +15 damage.

Physical units often have high base Def which offers extra Bonfire damage over Draconic Aura. Physical brave weapon users in turn will want Luna to take advantage of these buffed Def stats.

That said, Olivia is valuable as a Dancer so I would suggest getting a +10 before using her again as Hone Atk fodder. Draconic Aura is readily available on Camilla already after all.

However, it is easy to spot a few trends when it comes to comparing special damage, such as

Iceberg is the least commonly-used special because Res is such a low stat in general, but in Sanaki’s case it’s +17 damage unless she runs LaD. With Cymbeline she only has 51 Atk, which is +15 damage.

Physical units often have high base Def which offers extra Bonfire damage over Draconic Aura. Physical brave weapon users in turn will want Luna to take advantage of these buffed Def stats.

That said, Olivia is valuable as a Dancer so I would suggest getting a +10 before using her again as Hone Atk fodder. Draconic Aura is readily available on Camilla already after all.

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Okay cool, thanks for the tips.

So if Def/Res is around 30, Bonfire/Iceberg is good.

If Brave then Luna, otherwise use Draconic Aura unit has good Atk but has poor Def and Res. (Or am running out of Luna fodder I guess).

All out of Camillas at the moment but I guess no one wants Draconic Aura at the moment so Hone Atk fodder my Corrin will be for now.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Okay cool, thanks for the tips.

So if Def/Res is around 30, Bonfire/Iceberg is good.

If Brave then Luna, otherwise use Draconic Aura unit has good Atk but has poor Def and Res. (Or am running out of Luna fodder I guess).

All out of Camillas at the moment but I guess no one wants Draconic Aura at the moment so Hone Atk fodder my Corrin will be for now.

The general rule of thumb is to prioritize the highest non-speed stat.

Draconic Aura is a tough one because it's usually not as high as people think, and 30% is a lot harder to calculate than 50% off the top of your head. Most units will prefer bonfire or glacies, but there are exceptions.

Ryoma, for example, only has 27/21 for defense and resistance, but 34 for attack. So he'd want Draconic Aura, since it'll deal 15 extra as opposed to bonfire's 13. But it's a pretty slim margin.

Effie, for example, would not want to run draconic aura if she has brave lance, as even with death blow, it'll still only put out 16, the exact same as an unbuffed bonfire.

By the same token, though, dragon fang also hits harder than people often expect.

Julia, for example, hits for 27 with iceberg and 25 with dragon fang, and she has one of the highest resistances in the game.

Edited by dragonlordsd

So Nowi broke my 5☆ rate on Performance banner, she's +Atk -Spd, I already have a +Atk -Hp but I don't know which one I should keep and use the other one for LB+ fodder for +Spd -Def Fae? That said, what build do you guys recommend for Nowi? My trained Nowi has Defiant Atk and Vantage, she was used by the time Takumi was a thing.

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

So Nowi broke my 5☆ rate on Performance banner, she's +Atk -Spd, I already have a +Atk -Hp but I don't know which one I should keep and use the other one for LB+ fodder for +Spd -Def Fae? That said, what build do you guys recommend for Nowi? My trained Nowi has Defiant Atk and Vantage, she was used by the time Takumi was a thing.

I'm in almost exactly the same position, and I still have no idea. I've got a +att/-spd and a +spd/-def.

Gamepress recommends +spd, but that evaluation is really, really out of date, to the point where it talks about surviving against "Marth and Camilla" and being able to double Chrom. In all seriousness, they haven't updated her since skill inheritance came out.

That said, she does lose a full 4 speed, dropping from 27 to 23, which is not insignificant.

To be honest, I don't really  know....

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

I'm in almost exactly the same position, and I still have no idea. I've got a +att/-spd and a +spd/-def.

Gamepress recommends +spd, but that evaluation is really, really out of date, to the point where it talks about surviving against "Marth and Camilla" and being able to double Chrom. In all seriousness, they haven't updated her since skill inheritance came out.

That said, she does lose a full 4 speed, dropping from 27 to 23, which is not insignificant.

I decided to get rid of the -HP one because I prefer the extra bulk than the difference in Spd. Her spd is really terrible at base and imo her job is to tank and deal with specific units with a breaker skill rather than being all around. I gave her R Tomebreaker 3 so far but my project is to give her Swordbreaker and Fury. I plan to deploy her on a full Manakete team with Ninian, Fae and Tiki (Adult) so the team will mostly run as a wall with powerful magic. Best case scenario is all dragons getting Fortified and Spur'd to deal massive dmg against specific units.

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

Keep +Atk, -Spd. She needs +Atk more than she needs +Spd. Ideally, she should bane HP or Res.

16 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Which units really want Draconic Aura as a special?

@MrSmokestack @dragonlordsd

The tricky thing about Draconic Aura is that it's generally not competing against Bonfire or Iceberg. In those cases, the comparison is a simple stat check, and it's not hard to determine if half of your Def or Res is higher than 30% of your Atk (make sure to include whatever buffs you generally use).

The tricky part is comparing Draconic Aura against Luna, and it's a similar case as the comparison with Glimmer, but it goes the opposite direction.

Luna deals more damage the more Def your opponent has (contrast with Glimmer, which deals more damage the less Def your opponent has). Luna has the advantage against enemies that are bulky due to having high Def, whereas Draconic Aura has the advantage against enemies that are bulky due to having high HP or who use Triangle Adept to inflate their bulk.

Since there are a lot of factors that come into play to determine where the line is where Luna or Draconic Aura is superior, you basically just have to just run the numbers.

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The tricky part is comparing Draconic Aura against Luna, and it's a similar case as the comparison with Glimmer, but it goes the opposite direction.

This is something that troubles me a lot, because I run Reinhardt with Luna, and keep asking myself whether Draconic Aura or Bonfire/Iceberg are better? Once I max the Atk Seal, Rein will hit 50 base Atk (Summoner Support included), he generally is paired with Xander (Hone Cavalry) and already runs Death Blow, bumping his atk to 62 (or 63/64 depending on Xander's position), Draconic Aura would add 18 extra dmg, Bonfire/Iceberg would add 15-16 extra dmg (without defensive buffs), and in order for Luna to be equally effective the enemy has to have 36 res ~, which is really uncommon. But after all this insight I just say "screw it" Reinhardt barely needs a special.