Jump to content
Randoman

"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

What are some non-staff support units that I can build in the 3*/4* pool? I've +10'd Titania and I'm waiting on copies for Seth. Still waiting on good assets for Marth and M!Corrin so they're on the back burner for now. Any other units good for support?  

Stat Manipulation

If you want another Tactics buffer, Seth has the more relevant Spd Tactic.

While Virion does not inflict stat debuffs like Aversa, Virion can better inflict Panic due to his higher HP. As an infantry unit, Virion can also run Pulse Ties on B and Infantry Pulse on C to better support infantry allies.

Soren is a Chill debuffer. Klein and Lilina are usually built as combat units, but you can also build them as Chill debuffers.

Mathilda is basically a teensy bit worse M!Corrin in my opinion, and is geared towards cavalry super tanks.

Gunther is an interesting mix of a Chill debuffer and Drive buffer.

I do not think this is a particularly good idea, but you can turn Cherche into a flying Virion. While Cherche is generally built as a combat unit, you can turn her into a support unit that specializes in Panic with Sudden Panic on B. Compared to Virion, Cherche has a bit better mobility and can offer Guidance.

I do not recommend building Oscar and Camilla, as they are basically much weaker versions of M!Corrin; they only provide Atk/Spd+3 rather than Mathilda's all stat+3 or M!Corrin's all stat +4.

I do not recommend building M!Robin either. He has Omni Tactics, but it is capped at +4, so there is no point in running him since a normal Tactics team has no issue getting everyone all stats +6. Unless you are itching to run a ton of Savage Blows, Smokes, or something, there is no point in running him.

Eirika got Hone Atk on her Weapon, but I do not think she is that great as a buffer either.

— — — — — — —

Positioning

Olivia, Sylvia, Tethys, and Reyson are Dancers/Singers.

Mordecai is a good debuffing Smite bot. You can also use Mae and Odin as buffing Smite bots, and with Def/Res Link on their B slots, they can fully buff someone with all stats +6; just watch out for Panic.

— — — — — — —

Healers

Chrom and A!Tiki can be used as Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid healers due to Renewal on their Weapon.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I've a few questions regarding Perceval. 

1. Suppose that I intend on merging him to +10. At that point, would an +ATK or +SPD asset be of greater benefit to him in the long term?

2. How viable is he as a Galeforce unit? 

His current build is as follows: 

+SPD
Prized Lance
Reposition
Aether
Atk/Spd Solo 4
Lull Atk/Spd 3
Atk Smoke 3
Heavy Blade 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vajra said:

1. Suppose that I intend on merging him to +10. At that point, would an +ATK or +SPD asset be of greater benefit to him in the long term?

+Spd is more flexible and is generally, but not always, better. +Atk is only really relevant if he is running Brave Lance or if you want to make sure he wins the Heavy Blade check for Galeforce.

If you are going for Galeforce, either nature is fine. Compared to +Spd, +Atk helps him win the stat check more often, but it comes with two disadvantages in that he may accidentally one shot units more often and he might have issues doubling the fastest units.

1 hour ago, Vajra said:

2. How viable is he as a Galeforce unit? 

He is not bad. He is fine performance wise, but he eats up Heavy Blade Sacred Seal. That is usually not an issue in most game modes, but it is an issue for Aether Raids if you are using multiple Galeforcers. Although if you like to use Galeforcers a lot and run multiple Galeforcers on a team, then that would be a pretty big issue across most game modes.

When you are building Galeforcers for Aether Raids, you have to make sure you are rationing Heavy Blade, Flashing Blade, and Quickened Pulse properly, since those are extremely limited Sacred Seals. For example, if you want Percival to be a Galeforcer and you also want Altina to be a Galeforcer, there is going to be team composition issues since Heavy Blade cannot be on both units at once.

In my opinion, the best Galeforcers are not the ones with the best combat performance, but the best Galeforcers are the ones with Heavy Blade or something similar on their Weapon. Galeforcers with good performance are a dime a dozen. Galeforcers that can help a player build more more diverse teams and team compositions are more rare.

1 hour ago, Vajra said:

+SPD
Prized Lance
Reposition
Aether
Atk/Spd Solo 4
Lull Atk/Spd 3
Atk Smoke 3
Heavy Blade 3

I assume this is for Arena since Aether seems to be there for scoring.

In terms of performance, the only change I would make is to replace Aether with Galeforce if you want to turn him into a dual phase Galeforcer. If you just want to use him as a dual phase unit, I would go with Moonbow or Ruptured Sky. Aether is not worth it due to the high cool down lowering his damage output. Aether also is not that great for healing either without specific skills to make it trigger more often. Personally, I would just offload the healing to Eir, Herons, staff units, or some other type of healers. Other than Aether, the rest of the build is pretty solid for performance in my opinion.

If you want to use him as player phase Galeforcer, then I would also replace Lull Atk/Spd with Desperation. I would also consider replacing Atk/Spd Solo for another A skill depending on your play style; if you frequently place him near allies during combat, then Atk/Spd Solo needs to go since the skill would not activate frequently and reliably enough to be worth it.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, which Asset would be the best for Florina? Finally decided to get around to merging her up.

She's currently +Def but I do have +Atk and +Spd (I'm aware that she's slow though there are players out there who could make it work) copies.

Current build:
eff. Florina's Lance
Reposition
Aether
Distant Counter
Quick Riposte 3
Spur Atk/Spd 2
Steady Stance 3

Edited by Roflolxp54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So, which Asset would be the best for Florina? Finally decided to get around to merging her up.

She's currently +Def but I do have +Atk and +Spd (I'm aware that she's slow though there are players out there who could make it work) copies.

Current build:
eff. Florina's Lance
Reposition
Aether
Distant Counter
Quick Riposte 3
Spur Atk/Spd 2
Steady Stance 3

Which Asset is best depends on what you want her to accomplish, what enemies you want her to face, and what type of tank do you want her to be.

What are you trying to build? Slow Def/Res tank? Spd tank? Super tank? Each type of tank is built and used differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 9:00 PM, XRay said:

I do not recommend building Oscar and Camilla, as they are basically much weaker versions of M!Corrin; they only provide Atk/Spd+3 rather than Mathilda's all stat+3 or M!Corrin's all stat +4.

I promoted Camilla to 5* but I think I'll hold off on that refine. I might go for it some day if I start using fliers more. I most likely won't give Oscar his refine despite having him at 5* since he's at max HM. 

On 7/24/2020 at 9:00 PM, XRay said:

Mordecai is a good debuffing Smite bot. You can also use Mae and Odin as buffing Smite bots, and with Def/Res Link on their B slots, they can fully buff someone with all stats +6; just watch out for Panic.

Promoted Mordecai to 5*. Might build a team around him and Saizo. I gave Odin his refine but it might be a little difficult to get buffs on from Odin and have Mordecai Smite Saizo into enemy range in the same turn as that will depend on starting positions of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 5:44 AM, XRay said:

think it is important to highlight the difference between units like Lon'qu and units like Ogma. I think Lon'qu and Rutger are a tier below Ogma, Navarre, and AOTB!Celica. I specifically mentioned Ogma because he has Heavy Blade on his Weapon to free up the Sacred Seal for better team compositions. In my opinion, AOTB!Celica would be better than Lon'qu and Rutger because she does not need Heavy Blade nor Flashing Blade.

Being able to field multiple Galeforcers on multiple teams requires rationing of Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade Sacred Seal, which is why I think any melee unit that comes with Heavy Blade or something similar is better than units that do not come with it.

That I do not disagree with, but availability I guess is the word to be used here is what I wanted to make a point on. CYL Celica and for that matter, Ayra who has Spd+3 and Flashing Blade 3 instead of an ally proximity Blade effect, are not as common or easy to get compared to Ogma or Navarre. If someone had all the resources available to them, then yes, Ayra, CYL Celica, Navarre, and Ogma would be great Galeforce units who have a Blade effect or can start out with a very low cooldown on Galeforce in the case of Navarre. If not, then at least for Ayra and CYL Celica, they might not be as great compared to Lon'qu, Rutger, or some other fast sword infantry unit that the player has access to like fallen Mareeta who granted comes with Flashing Blade, doesn't have a Blade effect, but she could make it up by being able to charge Galeforce safely with Shadow Sword's reverse Desperation which with her default Null Follow-Up or an inherited Wings of Mercy, could be fine. Yes, it's important to know the differences between units; Lon'qu is a hyper offensive sword infantry and that comes at the cost of not being able to naturally charge his special quickly unlike Ayra, CYL Celica, Navarre, or Ogma. If you want raw stats, then he among others is the person for the job, but in this role that is being discussed, he falls short compared to Ayra, CYL Celica, Navarre, and Ogma.

Rutger not having a prf sword compared to everyone mentioned here is what hinders him, but that might be something the player has to live with if they don't have CYL Celica, got screwed over with a -Spd CYL Celica, or cannot invest in her as much as they could him, a unit with similar stats to her, or someone else where Navarre and Ogma would be better investments for this kind of Galeforce role.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:57 PM, Flying Shogi said:

Mostly one and done budget builds but I'm willing to give them 2 merges and use them a little bit based on their own merits to see how well they fare as a unit.

Building off of what was already said, for units, including grail units, who you just need to have them learn their prf weapon or maybe inherit a few skills:

Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid medics: Chrom, Lucina, actual Marth, masked Marth, adult Tiki, and for that matter Alm and kid Tiki who all have Renewal on their weapons; Renewal 2 for unrefined Falchion and Renewal 3 for refined Falchion and Breath of Fog. In order of the highest HP pools, Chrom at 47, Alm at 45, Lucina and masked Marth at 43, actual Marth and kid Tiki at 41, and adult Tiki at 40. There's also Arvis who has Recover Ring, but his HP pool is much lower at 33 HP.

Chills: Gunter, Lilina, and Soren. Gunter's Inveterate Axe when his HP >= 50% inflicts Atk/Def-5 on the foe with the lowest speed and its unique refinement grants Atk/Def+4 to infantry and cavalry allies and him when he's within two spaces of them. Lilina's Forblaze has Chill Res 3 and Soren's Wind's Brand has Chill Atk 3.

Field buffs: Astram and Eirika. When his HP is >= 50%, Astram gets Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 and grants the same stat buffs to physical damage units, so axe, beast, bow, dagger, lance, and sword units within 2 spaces. Eirika's Sieglinde has Hone Atk 2 which becomes Hone Atk 3 if you refine it.

HP checks: Aversa, Iago, and Virion. Aversa and Iago are grail units, but Aversa's Night inflicts at the start of turn Atk/Spd/Def/Res-3 and Panic on foes adjacent to each other if their HP is <= her HP-3 and Iago's Tome has the same health check, but inflicts Atk/Spd-4 and Guard on odd-numbered turns if foes are not adjacent to each other or Def/Res-4 and Panic on even-numbered turns if they are adjacent to each other. Virion's Dignified Bow has Sudden Panic 3. There's also Gangrel who by default comes with Chill Atk 3 and Panic Ploy 3, so even though it's not his main role or what he's using them to benefit himself with by meeting Levin Dagger's Penalty condition, he does have two at start of turn debuff skills.

In-combat debuffs: Might not be as useful because of the position requirements, but Ashnard's Gurgurant inflicts Atk/Def-5 on units within 2 spaces of him.

Movement assist bots: Laslow and Mordecai. Laslow's Blade grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to the target or targeting ally and allies within 2 spaces of him and target or targeting ally as its base effect and if you want, you could turn him into a powerhouse with its unique refinement which gives him a Brave effect on both phases and Atk/Def+3 if he is within 3 spaces of 2 or more allies who have >= 10 total bonuses. Mordecai does the opposite by inflicting Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on foes within 2 spaces of him and the ally that used or had a movement assist used on them.

Ploy Boys: Arvis and Saias. Both are grail units, but both have Atk/Res Ploy on their tomes and come with a Ploy as their default C passive.

Threaten: They're not great, but F!Corrin, Sharena, and Zephiel. F!Corrin's Gloom Breath has Threaten Atk/Spd, Sharena's unrefined Fensalir has Threaten Atk 2, and Zephiel's Eckesachs has Threaten Def 2 when unrefined and Threaten Def 4, but it doesn't work on dragons when refined.

"Your life ends on turn X": Gharnef, Garon, and fallen Takumi. All three are grail units. Gharnef's Imhullu deals 5 damage and prevents counterattacks on non-mage foes within 5 columns centered on him on turn 3, Garon's Breath of Blight deals 10 damage on units within 3 spaces of him and restores his HP equal to the number of foes within 3 spaces times 5 on turn 4, and fallen Takumi's Skadi deals 10 damage and inflicts Panic on units within 3 columns centered on him on turn 3.

Other: Clarisse can become an archer version of Jaffar. Her Sniper's Bow deals 7 damage and inflicts Atk/Spd-7 instead of refined Deathly Dagger's 10 damage and Def/Res-7. Jaffar can deny counterattacks from mages with his dagger's unique refinement without needing to deal with any sort of check while Clarisse can deny counterattacks from any foe if her HP is >= 50% along with getting Atk/Spd+4 if her HP is >= 50%. By default, she comes with Poison Strike, so you can just inherit Savage Blow and have her be a cheap, well, 20k to 22k feather cheap, after combat damage, splash damage unit.

They units would require their unique refinement:

Chills: Klein's Argent Bow has Chill Def 3.

Drives: Camilla, Marth, and Oscar. Both Camilla and Oscar grant Atk/Spd+3 to two movement type allies within 2 spaces; Camilla to cavalry and fliers while Oscar to cavalry and infantry. Oscar also gets Atk/Spd+3 himself which kind of sucks for Camilla as she loses having a Killer effect for 1 more Atk/Spd on herself. Marth grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 to any sort of ally within 2 spaces of him.

In-combat debuffs: Gordin and Tharja. Similarly with Ashnard, both of them inflict in-combat debuffs on foes within 2 spaces of them. Gordin inflicts Atk/Def-4 and Tharja inflicts Atk/Spd-4.

Movement assist bots: Mae and Odin both have Atk/Spd Link 3 as their unique refinement for their tomes. Mae has high resistance and Book of Orchids is all about attack stacking with its Death Blow 3 base effect while Odin has good bulk at the cost of an attack stat which is made up by him having a prf -blade tome. Atk/Spd Link 3 for Book of Orchids wasn't that great considering Mae probably would have wanted anything else including a copy of Forblaze where she gets Chill Res 3 through the unique refinement, but I digress.

Panic Ploy: Cherche's Axe has it, but it might not as good as running Panic Ploy as her seal and picking a stat refine for a higher HP boost.

Sabotage: Jagen's Veteran Lance has Sabotage Atk 3.

Support: Clive, M!Corrin, and Mathilda. All three grant in combat buffs to their support partner if they are within 2 spaces. M!Corrin gives Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to his support partner and gets nothing else in return while Clive and Mathilda give and get Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3.

Tactics: Two of them you know as you mentioned Seth and Titania. There's also the Robins with their Spectrum Tactics.

Waves: Nino's Iris's Tome has Even Atk Wave 3.

I think that's everyone I can think of that isn't a dancer or a dagger unit, a unit like New Year's Eir who has Sabotage Atk/Spd on her Temari+ which you could inherit onto someone else, or who you can make into a support unit like making Bartre into an extreme HP check unit for Infantry Pulse, Panic Ploy, or Sudden Panic shenanigans because of his 49 base neutral HP.

Edited by Kaden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 11:01 PM, Kaden said:

In order of the highest HP pools, Chrom at 47

I've used the Ardent Sacrifice build on him to a degree of success, especially in TT+. Still debating if I should switch him over to +Atk from +Spd. He doesn't see much combat anyway so +Atk might be a better choice.

On 7/25/2020 at 11:01 PM, Kaden said:

Eirika's Sieglinde has Hone Atk 2 which becomes Hone Atk 3 if you refine it.

I feel like she's better as a combat unit. 

On 7/25/2020 at 11:01 PM, Kaden said:

Movement assist bots: Laslow

I might build a team around Laslow, Mordecai, and Saizo. Either a healer or a green unit should round off the team pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I can probably stop saying this part, but, I am an off and on player, and this Hall of Forms mode is new to me. I am curious if as a F2P player it is even worth spending time on. Is there anyway to earn Forma, or do you literally just have to pay for it? If I can't earn it I should probably stop working on my Armor Ike. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jameslove001 said:

So, I can probably stop saying this part, but, I am an off and on player, and this Hall of Forms mode is new to me. I am curious if as a F2P player it is even worth spending time on. Is there anyway to earn Forma, or do you literally just have to pay for it? If I can't earn it I should probably stop working on my Armor Ike. Thanks!

You pay to gain the items with which you summon them. Playing through the mode gives rewards though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

You pay to gain the items with which you summon them. Playing through the mode gives rewards though.

Ohhhh...So you don't buy the unit, you just buy the skill set? That is a bummer. But I see your point about getting all the free stuff. I think I will just work on clearing maps. It's a shame, this armor Ike was shaping up to be pretty sexy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

Ohhhh...So you don't buy the unit, you just buy the skill set? That is a bummer. But I see your point about getting all the free stuff. I think I will just work on clearing maps. It's a shame, this armor Ike was shaping up to be pretty sexy.

You can buy a unit after the event has ended, and it comes with all the skills that you have given it, and it comes with its native vanilla skills as well. It will not come with any merges though.

If you are willing to spend money, I recommend getting the Forma Soul pack since it is a pretty decent deal Orb wise, and it comes with a free 5* unit in the form of a Forma unit. With that said, I am not sure if it is a good idea to spend a Forma Soul on any of the current units though since none of them seem that great. You can save up Forma Souls too if you do not like any of the current options and spend it next time.

I am not sure whether I am going to spend a Forma Soul for any of the current options, but if I do, I would probably go for Greil's Devoted Ike too, but only because he has a unique Special, not because he is actually good.

If you do plan to buy and use Forma Souls, I recommend using it to get Grail units since they do not have access to Assets and Flaws, as their combat performance cannot be improved with a better nature anyways since they cannot get any natures. You can also spend it on support units that do not rely on stats to do their job like Drive buffers or Chill debuffers. I do not recommend spending Forma Souls on summonable combat units since they can have access to better natures, nor on summonable support units that depend on stats to do their jobs, such as Sabotage users or support units built to draw Chills away from allies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... my main Midori is +Def -Res, and recently I summoned another Midori, this time +Atk -Res. +Def Midori doesn't really have much valuable SI, just Threaten Def and Moonbow, so if I wanted to swap Assets without merging then I really wouldn't be missing much.

Thing is, on the rare occasions I do use her I don't need Midori to do much other than utilizing her physical bulk, which she does do pretty well as-is with +Def. On the other hand, I know +Atk is a superboon and generally works well with whatever one wants her to do, and would overall let her get kills easier. I'm okay with letting her keep the Spendthrift Bow+.

So... what would be a good idea? I'm kind of unsure about merging her, so right now I'm mostly weighing my options of +Def -Res or +Atk -Res, but I also know the Spendthrift Bow+ is a good bow to have on most archers (not to mention Close Foil and Rally Atk/Def+), but also I don't even know who I'd give it to. Merging would get rid of the -Res flaw regardless of picked asset, but then I lose out on good skill fodder. Since I highly doubt I'll be using Midori enough to care about merges though... thought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

So... my main Midori is +Def -Res, and recently I summoned another Midori, this time +Atk -Res. +Def Midori doesn't really have much valuable SI, just Threaten Def and Moonbow, so if I wanted to swap Assets without merging then I really wouldn't be missing much.

Thing is, on the rare occasions I do use her I don't need Midori to do much other than utilizing her physical bulk, which she does do pretty well as-is with +Def. On the other hand, I know +Atk is a superboon and generally works well with whatever one wants her to do, and would overall let her get kills easier. I'm okay with letting her keep the Spendthrift Bow+.

So... what would be a good idea? I'm kind of unsure about merging her, so right now I'm mostly weighing my options of +Def -Res or +Atk -Res, but I also know the Spendthrift Bow+ is a good bow to have on most archers (not to mention Close Foil and Rally Atk/Def+), but also I don't even know who I'd give it to. Merging would get rid of the -Res flaw regardless of picked asset, but then I lose out on good skill fodder. Since I highly doubt I'll be using Midori enough to care about merges though... thought?

I lean towards +Atk, although that is because I would use her more as a player phase unit. If you are using her purely as an enemy phase unit though, I would go with +Def, although +Atk is fine too if she mostly tanking greens and weaker reds and colorless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have a question.  Who wants Time's Pulse more, Robin or Gangrel:

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_08_01_11_35_29_b

 

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_08_01_11_48_33_b

I'm planing on 10+ing Gangrel after Ferdinand, and his build is far from finalised.  So are there any additional skills either would like to have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I have a question.  Who wants Time's Pulse more, Robin or Gangrel:

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_08_01_11_35_29_b

 

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_08_01_11_48_33_b

I'm planing on 10+ing Gangrel after Ferdinand, and his build is far from finalised.  So are there any additional skills either would like to have?

For the Special spam builds that you are going for, neither in my opinion.

Time's Pulse does not mesh with Special Spiral. Time's Pulse will work on turn 1 since cooldown count will be at maximum, but once Special Spiral kicks in, then Time's Pulse is useless for the rest of the battle. While you can use Time's Pulse to help set up Special Spiral quicker, it feels like a waste since you are spending premium fodder just for the skill to work on 1 turn only.

Gangrel also does not need Def Smoke on the C slot since Levin Dagger and most other daggers already come with Def Smoke and Res Smoke. With the build you are going for, I would go with Savage Blow on C and Death Blow on Sacred Seal. Hardy Bearing is not necessary unless you are doing PvP. The only significant enemy in PvE that I recall uses Counter-Vantage would Altina.

For M!Robin, I would go with Death Blow on A and Sacred Seal. Life and Death is geared towards Blazing nukes who need the visible Atk increase for area Specials. Special spamming one shot nukes only care about in combat Atk, and Death Blow gives the most in combat Atk.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At present, with perfect participation in Aether Raids, Aether Resort, and anything else that gives Aether Stones, is it possible for a player to have accumulated more Aether Stones than they could possibly spend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really care much about my armour team, but I just pulled a spare Nagi and see no real reason to +1 her, so I figure I may as well pass it onto someone else. Best F2P-friendly candidate for DC + Special Fighter? Preference for someone in the general 3-4* pool but GHB is okay too. TT units no. Won't be looking to merge up anytime soon but maybe someday.

EDIT: That reminds me that I have a spare Hardin I've been sitting on for two years so if one of the candidates would rather have BF than SF then tell me to do that instead.

Edited by Humanoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would heavy or max investment be enough to pull off +Spd for Forrest and Lena? Forrest going from 26 Spd to 30 Spd and Lena going from 29 Spd to 32 Spd. I want to say no, but I have seen some people run or suggest +Spd on them.

I figure for low investment and for purely healing, +Atk would be better as Staff+ factor in 50% of the healer's Atk where they might not need to heal that much HP and if they are running Recover+, then they would heal 50% of their Atk + 10. It would also help for a bit of extra damage with Dazzling Staff and with or without Wrathful Staff paired with Dazzling Staff. Firesweep units sometimes don't need to deal a lot of damage, but it can help. At the very least, they could cherry tap someone if needed.

For Forrest and Lena who have high resistance, +Res would be better for support as well through Ploys and soaking Chill Res or similar debuffs. And Lena with +Def and Fortress Def or Fortress Def/Res could possibly help in soaking Chill Def and similar debuffs too.

For me, if I wanted to invest in an offensive or speedy healer, I'd rather go with +Spd on Emmeryn who has the highest offenses for a healer in the 3* to 4* pool, Brady, Lucius, Maria, Mercedes, Sakura, Serra, or even invest in Emeriya for infantry and Ethlyn or Nanna for cavalry.

The last thing which is also on healers is I'm not sure who I should pick for my CYL2 guaranteed summon. Veronica is the one that is used in F2P strategies where a +Atk, -Def one did show up initially. Running Fortress Def 1 allows her to have the same stat spread as if she were neutral and I think I had inherited Defense +3 for a strategy that required she needed Attack +3 before because otherwise, I don't know why she has it. The problem is that this pretty much locks her in for F2P strategies and limits how much I can invest into her, in particular, merging. One merge gives her +1 HP, +1 Spd, and eliminates her -Def. An extra point in HP and speed isn't much, but the AI can be finnicky, so to be safe, it would be better to have the exact or as close to the same setup for F2P strategies.

Getting the easy one out of the way for me is CYL Hector. He's good and I have a +Res, +1 CYL Hector in use that I had asked before if I should switch to +Atk. I'm not too keen on merging him -- if it happens, it happens is how I feel about it. Skill-wise, all he has for me is Bold Fighter 3 since we don't have a summonable 4* unit in the regular pool with Even Res Wave 3 and Waves aren't that great, but they're rarer than Ignis. Had Ostian Counter required Distant Counter as its prerequisite, then cool, we could have CYL Hector for Distant Counter and Bold Fighter 3, but that didn't happen. So, whatever on that and on him.

CYL Celica and CYL Ephraim would be the more appealing ones. CYL Celica offers Galeforce, Death Blow 4, and Atk Tactics 3 which can all be inherited onto a unit with Astra from 4* Cordelia or Virion, Death Blow 2 from 4* Hawkeye or Death Blow 3 from 4* Klein, and Atk Tactics 2 from 3* Legault or Atk Tactics 3 from 4* Legault. Whatever combination can result in being able to inherit those three skills from her and through Legault, you could get Glimmer and Atk Tactics 2 and only need to get Death Blow 3 from 4* Klein to get Galeforce, Death Blow 4, and Atk Tactics 3 from her. One unit off the top of my head I think would make good use of Galeforce and Death Blow 4 would be legendary Edelgard, but Heavy Blade 4 and Death Blow 3 as her seal or perhaps later on Atk/X Solo, might be better for her. Atk Tactics 3 would be a bonus on her if I ever need it over Armor Stride. Anyway, as a unit, she's good too given she has an ally proximity Blade effect and as with her colleagues, will be part of the September weapon update, which hopefully will make it easier for her to get the Blade effect and it appears that she might be able to abuse Double Lion with the unique refinement's healing. Merge-wise, I could get her to +4 by picking her and using the other CYL Celica who's sitting around doing nothing nowadays. CYL Celica showed up twice back then as +Spd, -HP and +Spd, -Def and I ended up getting another copy that I merged into the +Spd, -HP one. The +Spd, -Def one I kept around in case +1 affected anything in a strategy using CYL Celica. That was way back for Yune's Abyssal, I don't think it affected anything, and I don't recall ever seeing CYL Celica used again for a strategy that I could use. Probably a better idea to keep a spare one as a copy -- likely the neutral pick.

CYL Ephraim has so far been Special Fighter hoarding. I have not given anyone Special Fighter yet and I have a total of four copies: one in use who is +Atk, -Res, one who I'm not sure if I want to be base who is +Def, -Spd, and two manuals. A fifth copy would likely be a third manual or a merge for the +Atk one. I never used him to have someone inherit Special Fighter 3 because I couldn't get a spare copy of someone to also get Armor March 3 or even Close Def 3 because it would be nice to be able to inherit Special Fighter 3 and either of those skills, particularly Armor March 3. None of those skills are in the 3* and 4* summoning pool, so that leaves spending 1200 Divine Codes to get Sigurd or Love Abounds Lilina and then Amelia.

Edited by Kaden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I don't really care much about my armour team, but I just pulled a spare Nagi and see no real reason to +1 her, so I figure I may as well pass it onto someone else. Best F2P-friendly candidate for DC + Special Fighter? Preference for someone in the general 3-4* pool but GHB is okay too. TT units no. Won't be looking to merge up anytime soon but maybe someday.

EDIT: That reminds me that I have a spare Hardin I've been sitting on for two years so if one of the candidates would rather have BF than SF then tell me to do that instead.

I would personally go with merging, but if you want to fodder her, I think the best free to play candidate would be Love Abounds Eliwood, although he is a Tempest Trials unit. He is already somewhat geared towards going against ranged enemies with Casa Blanca by shutting down their buffs, and Distant Counter would allow him to retaliate back while Special Fighter shuts down enemy Specials.

If you are adamant against LA!Eliwood, then I do not think there are a lot of good candidates left. Gwendolyn, Sheena, and Flame Emperor already got parts of Special Fighter, so I would cross them out. Draug's shitty Res is a huge liability in my opinion, so I would not give him Distant Counter. I would not give it to Effie either until we know what her Refine is. I do not think other Tempest Trial options are good either since The Land's Bounty Dorcas got Guard Axe and Black Knight does not need Distant Counter.

That just leaves Valbar I think.

For Bold Fighter, I would go with Gwendolyn or Flame Emperor. Black Knight is also a decent candidate if you do not mind Tempest Trial units.

12 hours ago, Kaden said:

Would heavy or max investment be enough to pull off +Spd for Forrest and Lena? Forrest going from 26 Spd to 30 Spd and Lena going from 29 Spd to 32 Spd. I want to say no, but I have seen some people run or suggest +Spd on them.

I figure for low investment and for purely healing, +Atk would be better as Staff+ factor in 50% of the healer's Atk where they might not need to heal that much HP and if they are running Recover+, then they would heal 50% of their Atk + 10. It would also help for a bit of extra damage with Dazzling Staff and with or without Wrathful Staff paired with Dazzling Staff. Firesweep units sometimes don't need to deal a lot of damage, but it can help. At the very least, they could cherry tap someone if needed.

For Forrest and Lena who have high resistance, +Res would be better for support as well through Ploys and soaking Chill Res or similar debuffs. And Lena with +Def and Fortress Def or Fortress Def/Res could possibly help in soaking Chill Def and similar debuffs too.

For me, if I wanted to invest in an offensive or speedy healer, I'd rather go with +Spd on Emmeryn who has the highest offenses for a healer in the 3* to 4* pool, Brady, Lucius, Maria, Mercedes, Sakura, Serra, or even invest in Emeriya for infantry and Ethlyn or Nanna for cavalry.

Feels like a waste to go +Spd on them. They got the highest Res for their respective classes, so I would double down on Res and specialize them towards support with Fortress Res and some kind of Sabotage.

If you want a nuking staff unit, I would go with Ethlyn or Nanna for cavalry, and Eremiya or Emmeryn for infantry.

12 hours ago, Kaden said:

The last thing which is also on healers is I'm not sure who I should pick for my CYL2 guaranteed summon. Veronica is the one that is used in F2P strategies where a +Atk, -Def one did show up initially. Running Fortress Def 1 allows her to have the same stat spread as if she were neutral and I think I had inherited Defense +3 for a strategy that required she needed Attack +3 before because otherwise, I don't know why she has it. The problem is that this pretty much locks her in for F2P strategies and limits how much I can invest into her, in particular, merging. One merge gives her +1 HP, +1 Spd, and eliminates her -Def. An extra point in HP and speed isn't much, but the AI can be finnicky, so to be safe, it would be better to have the exact or as close to the same setup for F2P strategies.

Getting the easy one out of the way for me is CYL Hector. He's good and I have a +Res, +1 CYL Hector in use that I had asked before if I should switch to +Atk. I'm not too keen on merging him -- if it happens, it happens is how I feel about it. Skill-wise, all he has for me is Bold Fighter 3 since we don't have a summonable 4* unit in the regular pool with Even Res Wave 3 and Waves aren't that great, but they're rarer than Ignis. Had Ostian Counter required Distant Counter as its prerequisite, then cool, we could have CYL Hector for Distant Counter and Bold Fighter 3, but that didn't happen. So, whatever on that and on him.

CYL Celica and CYL Ephraim would be the more appealing ones. CYL Celica offers Galeforce, Death Blow 4, and Atk Tactics 3 which can all be inherited onto a unit with Astra from 4* Cordelia or Virion, Death Blow 2 from 4* Hawkeye or Death Blow 3 from 4* Klein, and Atk Tactics 2 from 3* Legault or Atk Tactics 3 from 4* Legault. Whatever combination can result in being able to inherit those three skills from her and through Legault, you could get Glimmer and Atk Tactics 2 and only need to get Death Blow 3 from 4* Klein to get Galeforce, Death Blow 4, and Atk Tactics 3 from her. One unit off the top of my head I think would make good use of Galeforce and Death Blow 4 would be legendary Edelgard, but Heavy Blade 4 and Death Blow 3 as her seal or perhaps later on Atk/X Solo, might be better for her. Atk Tactics 3 would be a bonus on her if I ever need it over Armor Stride. Anyway, as a unit, she's good too given she has an ally proximity Blade effect and as with her colleagues, will be part of the September weapon update, which hopefully will make it easier for her to get the Blade effect and it appears that she might be able to abuse Double Lion with the unique refinement's healing. Merge-wise, I could get her to +4 by picking her and using the other CYL Celica who's sitting around doing nothing nowadays. CYL Celica showed up twice back then as +Spd, -HP and +Spd, -Def and I ended up getting another copy that I merged into the +Spd, -HP one. The +Spd, -Def one I kept around in case +1 affected anything in a strategy using CYL Celica. That was way back for Yune's Abyssal, I don't think it affected anything, and I don't recall ever seeing CYL Celica used again for a strategy that I could use. Probably a better idea to keep a spare one as a copy -- likely the neutral pick.

CYL Ephraim has so far been Special Fighter hoarding. I have not given anyone Special Fighter yet and I have a total of four copies: one in use who is +Atk, -Res, one who I'm not sure if I want to be base who is +Def, -Spd, and two manuals. A fifth copy would likely be a third manual or a merge for the +Atk one. I never used him to have someone inherit Special Fighter 3 because I couldn't get a spare copy of someone to also get Armor March 3 or even Close Def 3 because it would be nice to be able to inherit Special Fighter 3 and either of those skills, particularly Armor March 3. None of those skills are in the 3* and 4* summoning pool, so that leaves spending 1200 Divine Codes to get Sigurd or Love Abounds Lilina and then Amelia.

I would just go with whoever Pheonixmaster1 chooses for following guides. With Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles forcing you to pick from a narrow selection of games, I would go with AOTB!Veronica if you did not choose her yet for the Heroes category.

If you are fine with your current copy, I think Pheonixmaster1 is going to choose AOTB!Celica next. I doubt he is going to pick an armor unit to do free guides unless he is a masochist or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XRay said:

Feels like a waste to go +Spd on them. They got the highest Res for their respective classes, so I would double down on Res and specialize them towards support with Fortress Res and some kind of Sabotage.

If you want a nuking staff unit, I would go with Ethlyn or Nanna for cavalry, and Eremiya or Emmeryn for infantry.

That was what I was thinking, but people will and can do wacky things. Stat stacking can go a long way, but yeah, depends on the person; what and why they want to do things.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I would just go with whoever Pheonixmaster1 chooses for following guides. With Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles forcing you to pick from a narrow selection of games, I would go with AOTB!Veronica if you did not choose her yet for the Heroes category.

If you are fine with your current copy, I think Pheonixmaster1 is going to choose AOTB!Celica next. I doubt he is going to pick an armor unit to do free guides unless he is a masochist or something.

CYL Veronica was the clear pick for F2P guide makers like さるGames, Pheonixmaster1, and sukwindallinrush among others. None of the others I think were even in contention especially considering CYL Veronica was the second healer with a prf staff and the first cavalry healer with a prf staff let alone her Hlidskajalf being really damn good. I bet had her stats been shit, she would still have trumped over the other three as the clear pick. She offers and stands out so much. Armor movement makes CYL Ephraim and CYL Hector inflexible and it's not like they had great sustain or were someone like Caineghis or legendary Edelgard. Managing HP is important in general, but CYL Celica was and until the September update probably too difficult and not worth it even though she would have been the first Galeforce unit for F2P guides. Galeforce is powerful and I wonder if in the future we might finally have a Galeforce unit that is used in F2P guides. We came close with legendary Leif being one the contenders of A Hero Rises, but considering what happened to Altina, he wouldn't have been available to all players since he would have been even more limited than CYL units.

Man, I'm going to have to pick CYL Veronica... It's going to be like with CYL Lyn where the neutral one who I did invest in a bit where it did pay off for later F2P strategies that required some skill inheritance, I still ended up keeping the +Res, -HP one that showed up on the CYL1 banner and she has not shown again since. The space issues... Every new hero, every 5* either new or that I previously didn't have, they keep adding up and I'm running out of barracks space.

Edited by Kaden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so the new TT seals are Phantom Res and Hone Dragons. Because of the latter seal not needing any coins for upgrades, I can choose to upgrade another seal. Currently have 873 coins to throw around and will get another 80 from the TT event, so I'd have 703 coins to spare after spending some on Phantom Res and the likely Atk/Res clone seal from the upcoming Squad Assault. Any recommendations and what could I do if I were to follow through those recommendations?

Some noteworthy seals I haven't upgraded yet.
A bunch of flat single-stat boosters (already upgraded 2 Atk and 2 Spd seals)
Fortress Def
Fortress Res
Fortify Def
Fortify Res
Spur Spd
Spur Def
Spur Res
Breath of Life
Deflect Magic
Deflect Ranged
Deflect Melee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

A bunch of flat single-stat boosters (already upgraded 2 Atk and 2 Spd seals)

Unless you are following a guide or if you just have a ton of extra Sacred Coins to blow, I do not recommend upgrading more than one copy of each stat booster. There are so many better Sacred Seals out there that I doubt players would need more than 1 copy of Attack +3. Death Blow, Swift Sparrow, Sturdy Blow, Mirror Strike, Brazen Atk/Spd, Brazen Atk/Def, and Brazen Atk/Res already do what Attack +3 does and those skills do it better, and together they can outfit an entire team of full of nukes already and still have extra Sacred Seals left over.

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Fortress Def
Fortress Res
Fortify Def
Fortify Res

If you use Sabotage support units, I would prioritize Fortress Res. Fortress Def is also useful for Dancers/Singers on defense teams to avoid being Isolated by Mila. If you use Blade mages, I would also upgrade the two Fortifies and put them on Dancers/Singers.

If you do not use any of those units, I would not bother with them outside of guides or if you just have extra Coins to spend.

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Spur Spd
Spur Def
Spur Res

Unless you are following a guide or got a ton of extra Coins, I would not upgrade any Spurs. Drives are a lot more relevant with its increased range. Spurs are fine for easy modes like Arena, but it is pretty horrible for Aether Raids and I do not think it is too ideal for Abyssal either due to the adjacency requirements.

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Breath of Life

There is a niche application for healers where they will heal other units no matter what they do, they can heal directly via Assist (Ardent Sacrifice, Restore, etc.) or indirectly via combat (Performing Arts Weapons, Absorb, Aura, etc.), but it is a pretty niche application.

Like stat boosters and Spurs, I would not bother with it outside of guides or if you have extra Coins to blow.

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Deflect Magic
Deflect Ranged
Deflect Melee

I would not bother with them either unless you need to follow a guide or have BH!Ike to create a chokepoint or something. They can be decent for Arena Assault tanks to go against Brave units, but the tiny gain in convenience is not really worth it unless you have nothing better to spend it on.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... indecisiveness again, but I figure I should probably do something about this eventually. Especially with all of the new toys Aether Raids defense is getting for hyper-offense in the next banner.

I have a +10 Brave Ike that is +Atk. I have 17 additional spare copies of Brave Ike that are probably never going to get used. I want to try using a Spurn build (with Brave Lucina, maybe Corrin, and some number of Peony) because it seems fun and I feel like I've been missing out on all of the fun (and because Aether Raids is not fun).

Do I...

  1. Build a brand new +10 Brave Ike that is +Spd, or
  2. Replace the existing Brave Ike with a +Spd base to avoid having to refine a second Urvan, or
  3. Just use the existing +Atk base?

Assume Distant Counter fodder is not an issue because it isn't. I have enough dew for 1 refine and enough rocks for 27 if I can find more staves to refine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

So... indecisiveness again, but I figure I should probably do something about this eventually. Especially with all of the new toys Aether Raids defense is getting for hyper-offense in the next banner.

I have a +10 Brave Ike that is +Atk. I have 17 additional spare copies of Brave Ike that are probably never going to get used. I want to try using a Spurn build (with Brave Lucina, maybe Corrin, and some number of Peony) because it seems fun and I feel like I've been missing out on all of the fun (and because Aether Raids is not fun).

Do I...

  1. Build a brand new +10 Brave Ike that is +Spd, or
  2. Replace the existing Brave Ike with a +Spd base to avoid having to refine a second Urvan, or
  3. Just use the existing +Atk base?

Assume Distant Counter fodder is not an issue because it isn't. I have enough dew for 1 refine and enough rocks for 27 if I can find more staves to refine.

I would build a new one that is +Spd. Once we get an Astra Spd Mythic, you can use BH!Ike on both seasons. Being able to play mindlessly and still get into at least Tier 24 consistently factoring in very bad play is pretty awesome. Without a lot of bad play, Tier 25 and 26 are pretty easy to achieve. I usually end up in Tier 25 and Tier 26 during Light season now, and occasionally Tier 24.

With how busted BH!Ike is, I would just use BH!Lucina and not bother with M!Corrin, and you can fill the team with two Peonys, and the last unit can be Eir, bonus unit, or even a third Peony. With BH!Lucina, I highly recommend giving her Life and Death or Fury to draw Chill Atk and Chill Spd away from BH!Ike.

If you have even more spare BH!Ike, you can spam Yune/Líf on defense and run BH!Ike there to annoy the hell out of players. BH!Ike with an extra 20 Spd is pretty hard to kill.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...