"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

14 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Is it worth resources to make those charaters 10+ .

No. Deliberately seeking out merges on rare characters is extremely wasteful, it's far more trouble than it's worth.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hasechi here's the Lunatic and Infernal guide using the same team I did for Tiki and Nagi's BhB map.  They don't really need their skills that much, as they were able to clear infernal without too much trouble.  Lunatic is first then Infernal:

Hopefully this gives you an easier clear.

50 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

" Generally I'd suggest 10+ units or heavy Skill Inheritance (SI) to clear those." Is it worth resources to make those charaters 10+

Hi yes hello I am an expert at 5* +10ing units, here's my business card [points at signature]

The first thing you need to know is what you get by merging units. Keep in mind that merge boosted stats are applied in the order of their highest to lowest base stats at level 1. If two stats share the same total, it prioritizes HP first, then Atk > Spd > Def > Res.
So for a unit like Marth, whose base stats at 5* lv1 are 19/7/8/7/6 (HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res), the order his stats would be raised in are HP, Spd, Atk, Def, and finally Res before looping back to HP.

At +1 merge, the units Flaw is effectively removed. This does not totally remove it, as it is still remembered for the purpose of applying merge-boosted stats and dragonflower boosts, but for the sake of raw combat it is gone. If the unit has a Neutral nature, they will instead receive +1 to the first 3 stats that would be boosted by merges.

Every merge grants a permanent +1 boost to the units stats in the order stated above. This loops back to the start at merges 3, 5, 8, and 10, for a grand total of +4 to each stat.
...that's it. That's all you get. Aside from a special border that signifies that a unit has been +10ed, but that has no actual gameplay effect. And SP, but that's kind of just a small bonus.

So is it worth it to fully +10 a unit? It fully depends on two factors I consider to be very important:

• Do you like the character you are thinking about +10 merging, regardless of what the meta says?
  • Can you reasonably +10 the unit?

Because for me personally, I don't want to +10 merge a unit who I'm never going to use again, and I don't want to fully dedicate myself to doing something that I'm not even sure I'll be able to afford.

Another thing to consider: almost every unit in the game has at least one "dump" stat that is overall not important to their overall performance. This stat, fortunately, is usually one of the last two that would be boosted at the 10th merge. So in most cases, it is alright to leave a unit at +9 merge instead of going the full +10 and saving yourself some headache. I wish I had someone to tell me that when I went to +10 Festival Micaiah...

Let us know if you have any further questions.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

Is it worth resources to make those charaters 10+ .

54 minutes ago, Othin said:

No. Deliberately seeking out merges on rare characters is extremely wasteful, it's far more trouble than it's worth.

Depends on how much money you are willing to spend on the game. If you do not want to spend any money, or very little money, then it is not worth it to merge 5* exclusive units to +10.

If you are willing to spend money, you only want to merge units to +10 if you want to use them in modes that emphasizes scoring (e.g.: Arena, Arena Assault, Mjölnir's Strike) or if they are a super tank, Spd tank, and maybe slow Def/Res tank. For a lot of units though, +9 would usually be more optimal than +10.

Super tanks and Spd tanks want all their stats to be high, so they benefit the most from being at +10. Slow Def/Res tanks want their Def/Res to be high, but they also want their Spd to be as low as possible, so it is up to the player whether the final merge's extra point in Def or Res is worth an extra point in Spd. For example, LOAK!Gustav want his Spd to be as low as possible, so the final merge for Spd/Res+1 is not really worth it in my opinion.

For the vast majority of units, +8 or +9 is usually more optimal. Many slow Def tanks and slow Res tanks would better off at +9, since the final merge is usually Spd/Res+1 for Def tanks or Spd/Def+1 for Res tanks, which are stats that they do not want or need. For player phase units, they want Atk/Spd to be as high as possible and HP/Def/Res to be as low as possible, and since the final merge is usually Def/Res+1, the final merge usually is not worth it.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

@Hasechi here's the Lunatic and Infernal guide using the same team I did for Tiki and Nagi's BhB map.  They don't really need their skills that much, as they were able to clear infernal without too much trouble.  Lunatic is first then Infernal:

Hopefully this gives you an easier clear.

I meant Abyssal difficulty, I already cleared Infernal. I think it is time to bring out fallen tiki to deal with this manakete. OK I was lucky able  beat him down 

Edited by Hasechi

25 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I meant Abyssal difficulty, I already cleared Infernal. I think it is time to bring out fallen tiki to deal with this manakete. OK I was lucky able  beat him down 

Yeah I'd use a more heavy duty team than that, but I've been playing a while.  My Lucina does well on this the abyssal, and tbh I wouldn't waste time going for the accessories, they're just aesthetics and not worth it imo.

Eta: As a rule of thumb don't bother with Abyssal difficulties they don't give you anything worthwhile out of it.  Abyssal is for those people who want to waste time getting a whole lot of nothing game changing.  To be fair I'm not one of those people, as I hate the fact you get nothing out of clearing abyssal.  If it was orbs I'd understand and be somewhat motivated to clear them, but it's really worthless in comparison to other maps.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Thank @XRay , thank @Othin very much. I see

14 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yeah I'd use a more heavy duty team than that, but I've been playing a while.  My Lucina does well on this the abyssal, and tbh I wouldn't waste time going for the accessories, they're just aesthetics and not worth it imo.

U meant Brave Lucina ,right ? I didn't know they are accessories. I thought it is some kind of item that helpful later

22 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thank @XRay , thank @Othin very much. I see

U meant Brave Lucina ,right ? I didn't know they are accessories. I thought it is some kind of item that helpful later

Future Wintness Lucina (aka Sword Lucina) who I've got a lot of premium skills on and Summoner Supported.

And yes, they are accessories and do nothing for the characters aside from looks.

Also here's the abyssal clear.  Took me a while to figure out how to set it all up, hope this helps

@TheSilentChloey thanks. The video is really helpful. I like the part that we can manipulate enemies position. Also I hear a cat in the video

If a 4 star unit (lv40) is upgraded to 5 star unit( or 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4), that unit level become lv 1 ? and we have to train that to lv 40 again ? Also which pack "Mamori" in ? She's look really cute 

Edited by Hasechi

15 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

@TheSilentChloey thanks. The video is really helpful. I like the part that we can manipulate enemies position. Also I hear a cat in the video

If a 4 star unit (lv40) is upgraded to 5 star unit( or 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4), that unit level become lv 1 ? and we have to train that to lv 40 again ? Also which pack "Mamori" in ? She's look really cute 

You're welcome and yes we can manipulate the AI to an extent.

When you unlock a unit's potential they will go back to level 1 and you will have to raise their level again regardless of rarity.  Units only keep the skills they've learned and their SP.

Mamori is in the permanent summoning pool, so you will more likely find her as a Green "pity breaker" (i.e a non focus five star unit).  She is from the TMS #FE game and was released with Kiria, Tsubasa and Eleonora.  Itsuki is the grail unit from their debut.

As of now she has been on a couple of Focus banners but we may not see her again as a focus unit for a while.  She does have very good skills however.

Eta:

Also I hear a cat in the video

Uh...that'd be one of my girls, either Teenie or Splotch, they're very vocal about hugs and snuggles plus food.

@TheSilentChloey So i think I should upgraded to 5 stars first, then train them, 

42 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

When you unlock a unit's potential they will go back to level 1 and you will have to raise their level again regardless of rarity.  Units only keep the skills they've learned and their SP.

Levelling up a unit at 4-star before promoting them is a ticket to easy SP. The numbers work out such that if you level up a unit from 1 to 40, you get 1188SP minimum (i.e. just the level-up SP), so that's what you get if you level up using crystals in the Ally menu instead of actually using the unit. 1188SP is a piddly amount and is not even close to being enough to learn a full set of skills. But if you do so while they're at 4-star, promote them and level them again, you now have 2376SP, which is enough for most units' skill sets. You then have a fully built-up unit without needing to grind even a single map or having to kill a single enemy.

New players might not be able to afford the full crystal cost to do so immediately, but don't worry about saving them at all, most people who've been playing for any decent length of time will have maxed out at 999999 universal crystals as it is.

13 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

@TheSilentChloey So i think I should upgraded to 5 stars first, then train them, 

If you plan to give them a lot of skills, I recommend training them first before you upgrade them. Getting SP at lower rarity and levels is a lot more efficient than getting SP at higher rarity and levels. While veteran players have hundreds of Stamina Potions so wasting them is not a huge concern, new players should not waste Stamina Potions.

3 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I have duplicate of multi units but in different stars. So like you all said, I should train the most lowest star version of that unit , right ?

Your main priority would be to train the one with the best asset/flaw combination. I don't know if the display is on by default these days, but if it's off, check "Misc -> Settings -> Asset/Flaw Color Display".

If they have the same combination and it's the one you want, then sure, level the lower rarity one, then promote them, then optionally merge them, then level again. (Alternatively you can wait for the times they do special 5x XP/SP multiplier events)

36 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

How can i know best asset/flaw for every unit ?

It's subjective, and there can be a couple of good options for each unit depending on how you plan to use them - often it's whatever stat is already their highest. However for starters the recommendations on the Gamepress page for each individual hero is usually pretty solid.

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I have duplicate of multi units but in different stars. So like you all said, I should train the most lowest star version of that unit , right ?

No, there's no need to spend the additional feathers to upgrade them more times just for some extra SP. SP is easy to get.

59 minutes ago, Othin said:

No, there's no need to spend the additional feathers to upgrade them more times just for some extra SP. SP is easy to get.

For veterans with a huge pile Stamina Potions, SP is easy to get. For new players, Stamina Potions are a lot more limited and in higher demand due to a huge amount of units to train. New players should pick the unit with the best Asset and lowest rarity and train that up.

Weapon: (Any): 300 + 450
Assist: Reposition: 225
Special: Moonbow: 150 + 300
A: Fury: 350
B: Desperation: 350
C; Savage Blow: 350
Total: 2,475
That is a minimum of 2,475 SP for just a player phase unit. With additional options needed to tackle PvE content like Luna (300), Dragon Fang (450), Blazing Wind (675), Growing Wind (450), Life and Death (350), Brazen Atk/Spd (540), and Hone Cavalry or another C skill (350), that is another 3,115 SP. That would total to 5,590 SP.

Melee units might also need an additional 1,200 SP for Galeforce.

Edited by XRay

10 hours ago, XRay said:

For veterans with a huge pile Stamina Potions, SP is easy to get. For new players, Stamina Potions are a lot more limited and in higher demand due to a huge amount of units to train. New players should pick the unit with the best Asset and lowest rarity and train that up.

Weapon: (Any): 300 + 450
Assist: Reposition: 225
Special: Moonbow: 150 + 300
A: Fury: 350
B: Desperation: 350
C; Savage Blow: 350
Total: 2,475
That is a minimum of 2,475 SP for just a player phase unit. With additional options needed to tackle PvE content like Luna (300), Dragon Fang (450), Blazing Wind (675), Growing Wind (450), Life and Death (350), Brazen Atk/Spd (540), and Hone Cavalry or another C skill (350), that is another 3,115 SP. That would total to 5,590 SP.

Melee units might also need an additional 1,200 SP for Galeforce.

Depends, when I was a new player I didn't actually spend any stamina pots and simply used the timer as a break from playing.  That created my stock pile that I have now.  But yes, you are right about normal new players, everything is in high demand.

11 hours ago, Hasechi said:

How can i know best asset/flaw for every unit ?

There isn't always a single best, and which assets you want can change depending on how you build the unit.

Most fast units typically want more Spd in order to maximize the number of opponents that they can out-speed or prevent follow-ups from. Most other units want Atk for more damage output, especially for units that have Brave weapons, units that have guaranteed follow-ups, and units that aim for one-hit kills (even if they have high Spd, like Ophelia).

However, there are a lot of exceptions because there are a lot of factors that can change how valuable certain skills are.

As a non-exhaustive list of examples,

• Virion's Dignified Bow relies on an HP comparison for its combat effect, making an HP asset more valuable to him.
  • Mila is typically used as a support unit, and her Mila's Turnwheel relies on a Def comparison for its effects, making a Def asset more valuable to her.
  • Caeda is fast, but her Atk is extremely low, making an Atk asset usually more preferable. Additionally, her weapon has effective damage, which is a multiplier on the Atk stat, additionally increasing the value of her Atk.
  • Brave Ike is not fast, but if you give him the Spurn skill for tanking, he needs all the help he can get to boost his Spd to help activate Spurn's damage reduction.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

That is a minimum of 2,475 SP for just a player phase unit. With additional options needed to tackle PvE content like Luna (300), Dragon Fang (450), Blazing Wind (675), Growing Wind (450), Life and Death (350), Brazen Atk/Spd (540), and Hone Cavalry or another C skill (350), that is another 3,115 SP. That would total to 5,590 SP.

Honestly, that's overkill, especially for a new player. (And it's still overkill for veterans. The more units you have in your barracks, the less you need to invest per unit since you'll have other units with different builds that can cover for another's deficiencies.)

Most units, especially older units, have an exclusive weapon of their own that is passably good, even without refine, which only costs them 400 SP if they were pulled as a 4-star unit.

The extra options are also hardly necessary, especially once you've obtained and upgraded a few of the stronger player-phase Sacred Seals, which are typically enough for PvE content along with either Fury or Life and Death in the A slot.

C slot skills are also largely optional for PvE content. Most of my player-phase infantry units either still have their default C skill, many of which are completely useless, or none at all. All of my non-infantry do get a movement-specific C skill, though.

So that's only 1,775 SP to get a unit that's good enough, or 2,125 if you want a C skill.

I do agree, however, that getting SP by leveling up units at lower rarities is definitely well worth the cost of feathers and stamina.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Honestly, that's overkill, especially for a new player. (And it's still overkill for veterans. The more units you have in your barracks, the less you need to invest per unit since you'll have other units with different builds that can cover for another's deficiencies.)

Most units, especially older units, have an exclusive weapon of their own that is passably good, even without refine, which only costs them 400 SP if they were pulled as a 4-star unit.

The extra options are also hardly necessary, especially once you've obtained and upgraded a few of the stronger player-phase Sacred Seals, which are typically enough for PvE content along with either Fury or Life and Death in the A slot.

C slot skills are also largely optional for PvE content. Most of my player-phase infantry units either still have their default C skill, many of which are completely useless, or none at all. All of my non-infantry do get a movement-specific C skill, though.

So that's only 1,775 SP to get a unit that's good enough, or 2,125 if you want a C skill.

I do agree, however, that getting SP by leveling up units at lower rarities is definitely well worth the cost of feathers and stamina.

If a player wants to use a player phase team for clearing PvE content, I think having most of those options is necessary on their nukes. Just as it is a good idea to have a variety of nukes to choose from in your Barracks, it is also a good idea to have a variety of skill options to choose from on your nukes. Often times you just need a tweak in skills on a nuke to clear a map, rather than a tweak in team composition that swaps out the nuke entirely.

At the bare minimum, the nuke's Special and A slots need that skill variety. There should be at least three Special options to choose from (Moonbow/Glimmer, Luna/Dragon Fang, and Blazing Wind) in case you need to time a stronger Special to take out an Abyssal boss. Similarly, the A slot needs at least two options in my opinion, with Fury being one of the mandatory option for the recoil damage to access Wings of Mercy quickly, and either Life and Death or Brazen Atk/Spd being the other option in case the nuke needs more power.

11 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thank you.  if any strong units available to summon at the moment or in future pls meessage me, let me know, thank you

I would not try to summon every strong unit unless you are willing to spend money on the game. If you try to get every strong unit in the game, you are going to run out of Orbs very fast.

You do not need every strong unit and skill either, as you want to primarily invest in units and skills that match your playstyle and preferences. For example, it makes no sense to invest in armor units if you do not like using armor units. I personally do not like armor units and I do not use them very often, so I do not invest a lot in them.

Additionally, sometimes it is a unit's skill that is good rather than the unit itself. For example, Wolt: Sunbeam Archer is not an amazing unit, but he has Brazen Atk/Spd 4 which is very good.