"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

So, I just pulled an original Linde. My current one is +spd, but this one is +atk. Which should I keep?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Why they all build Hp+ asset :

For that Cuan and Ingrid, it's because of Pawns of Loki, which scores based on HP.

For Cheine, his weapon, Jokers Wild, copies the Atk, Spd, Def, and Res from his teammates, so the only stat that actually matters for him is HP. HP+5 in his A slot is for Pawns of Loki.

23 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

So, I just pulled an original Linde. My current one is +spd, but this one is +atk. Which should I keep?

I prefer Spd on fast units without Brave weapons simply due to the Spd creep.

Edited by Ice Dragon

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For that Cuan and Ingrid, it's because of Pawns of Loki, which scores based on HP.

For Cheine, his weapon, Jokers Wild, copies the Atk, Spd, Def, and Res from his teammates, so the only stat that actually matters for him is HP. HP+5 in his A slot is for Pawns of Loki.

I see. thank Ice Dragon. Should I try to summon this Top 4 AHR banner ? I just got Seiros Atk+ through Redeem, although she might need res+ orsth.I wonder should I stop

Edited by Hasechi

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thanks! I think I'll go with my +spd one, then.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

I see. thank Ice Dragon. Should I try to summon this Top 4 AHR banner ? I just got Seiros Atk+ through Redeem, although she might need res+ orsth.I wonder should I stop

The A Hero Rises banner this year is very good in terms of value. All four of the units are good, and they all share a color with another unit, giving you a much higher than normal 5-star summon rate when you're sniping colors.

Seiros has a guaranteed follow-up when initiating combat, making +Atk pretty valuable when she is used offensively. I would personally go with +Atk instead of +Res on her.

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

At this point, you have two of the best units from the banner, including one from each color, which makes it less desirable. It's up to you if Dimitri or Corrin is worthwhile to keep going for. If you're able to spend 160 orbs on it (or more, depending on how selective you are), you can get one as a guaranteed summon, but you're the only one who can decide whether or not that's what you should do. If you can't or don't want to do that, it's not too special.

In general, for banners where you can get a free pick for 40 summons, I suspect deciding whether or or not there's any units you'd be willing to go that far for before you do any summoning, including your initial free session, so you know whether or not to try to summon aggressively to efficiently get that number up, since spreading the summons out over more sessions costs more orbs (although being more selective about color can also have its benefits).

Do not bother trying to summon for a better nature on Seiros, or on any unit. It's far more trouble than it's worth. +Atk is a perfectly good asset for her, and if you decide later that you really need something else, you can use Trait Fruits. Sniping for a unit until you get their best nature requires summoning an average of 5 copies of them, which amounts to an average cost of about 1,000 orbs. You're much better off saving your orbs for 5+ other units you'd rather get.

thank @Ice Dragon & @Othin

I'm not sure about this thing : Seiros Anima, Dimitri Water, Legendary FCorrin Wind. They're all not Light or Astra blessing. So it means they can't give more bonus points in AR ,right ? (except Seiros Anima can be put in Defense Team in Anima season) 

14 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

thank @Ice Dragon & @Othin

I'm not sure about this thing : Seiros Anima, Dimitri Water, Legendary FCorrin Wind. They're all not Light or Astra blessing. So it means they can't give more bonus points in AR ,right ? (except Seiros Anima can be put in Defense Team in Anima season) 

Seiros has a Defense element, so she's useful there but never gives points in offense.

Dimitri and Corrin can give points in AR, but only in certain seasons. For example, the current season is Water-Earth-Light-Dark, so Water and Earth heroes (including Dimitri) count as having both Light and Dark blessings.

So, I got 2 spare Seiros in AHR and I don't plan on merging her (pretty happy with +Res/-Spd). One of them I think I'll be foddering for L!Corrin to give her Dragon Wall. Does she make good use of it with her Res on the 3x range? On Arena matches she'll probably have some support/Rally and could get to the 4x Res range, guess that's okay right?

The second one I'll just turn into a manual for now. 

5 hours ago, Faellin said:

By some extreme convenience, on my free summon for the AHR banner got me Seiros, and a random fallen Berkut.

Conveniently he has an A skill that would potentially be heavily beneficial to Seiros for tanking things. So I was wondering if I should go through with this? Or would she prefer her default A skill, or distant counter instead?

There is no reason to run single stat Stances when dual stat Stances exist. I would not bother giving anyone Warding Stance or Steady Stance.

As dual phase unit, I would give her Atk/Res Solo instead. Distant Counter is also fine if you run Quick Riposte on Sacred Seal slot.

5 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Thank @XRay

AHR Top 4 banner ? Should I try to summon those ?

If there is someone you want in the Focus, then yes.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

If there is someone you want in the Focus, then yes.

This is generally what it comes down to. We can tell you things you probably shouldn't do with your resources, but aside from really specific goals, we can't tell you what you should do with them. There's always a lot of good options, too many to do all of them, so you'll have to get a feel for yourself about what you want.

Edited by Othin

thank @XRay @Othin

3 hours ago, Othin said:

This is generally what it comes down to. We can tell you things you probably shouldn't do with your resources, but aside from really specific goals, we can't tell you what you should do with them. There's always a lot of good options, too many to do all of them, so you'll have to get a feel for yourself about what you want.

I just want build strong team/units first, so I can earn one of highest rewards through modes. Then I would go for my favourites, But I guess I need to summon a bunch of strong units or sth like that. Like  Shareena dad help me reach highest tier in Pawn of Loki. I just realize sth from gacha game like this. They keep release stronger and stronger units from time to time. So no orbs/money would be enough for the game, I guess. Actually not I'm rich either ^^

Edited by Hasechi

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

thank @XRay @Othin

I just want build strong team/units first, so I can earn one of highest rewards through modes. Then I would go for my favourites, But I guess I need to summon a bunch of strong units or sth like that. Like  Shareena dad help me reach highest tier in Pawn of Loki. I just realize sth from gacha game like this. They keep release stronger and stronger units from time to time. So no orbs/money would be enough for the game, I guess

Yeah, the power level is constantly increasing.

The thing is that even for trying to go for a strong team, the right way to do that is still subjective. It's all a matter of figuring out what gaps your current barracks have and what it takes to cover them. Even if two people have the same barracks, different skills and play styles can mean that what's most beneficial to each of them is different.

If you're thinking about pulling for a unit because you think they might be helpful for your teams, figure out what teams and strategies they might be helpful for and who they're competing with for slots on those teams. (Reading discussions here and sample builds on sites like Gamepress can help with that.) Once you have that, we can help you determine how much benefit you'd get. But we can't do much without you taking those steps first, outside of pointing out units that are almost never worth spending resources on at present.

Edited by Othin

I'm not sure what you meant cause Im not good in english.Everyone said to me that I would better save orbs for upcoming AHR. So now AHR come out, I ask about it. I check units in gamepress and game8,pheonixmaster1 too. But they don't explain which kind of team those units fill in. 

40 minutes ago, Othin said:

If you're thinking about pulling for a unit because you think they might be helpful for your teams, figure out what teams and strategies they might be helpful for and who they're competing with for slots on those teams

About this, I've still got no clue lol. I've remembered all team you guys recommended me. But i would like to get those units with good asset first.

Also @XRay I just got virion Hp+, you recommended me 2 MCorrin in Astra season. The 2nd Corrin fit in 6th slot. Do you think replace 2nd Corin with Virion  is a good idea ? The 6th slot don't involve in score more points. So we can select units from any blessing or non-blessing right?

Edited by Hasechi

39 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I'm not sure what you meant cause Im not good in english.Everyone said to me that I would better save orbs for upcoming AHR. So now AHR come out, I ask about it. I check units in gamepress and game8,pheonixmaster1 too. But they don't explain which kind of team those units fill in. 

About this, I've still got no clue lol. I've remembered all team you guys recommended me. But i would like to get those units with good asset first.

Also @XRay I just got virion Hp+, you recommended me 2 MCorrin in Astra season. The 2nd Corrin fit in 6th slot. Do you think replace 2nd Corin with Virion  is a good idea ? The 6th slot don't involve in score more points. So we can select units from any blessing or non-blessing right?

Well, if you want to know what team a specific unit would be used for, you can ask that.

Again, I recommend against worrying about assets. A good unit is still good with a bad asset.

6th slot units must have the right element, the game won't deploy them otherwise.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

Well, if you want to know what team a specific unit would be used for, you can ask that.

Again, I recommend against worrying about assets. A good unit is still good with a bad asset.

6th slot units must have the right element, the game won't deploy them otherwise.

Well I'm talking about nuke with 3 dancers team(like tharja,nino,eirika,tailtiu). the nuke really need good asset right?

Edited by Hasechi

2 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Well I'm talking about nuke with 3 dancers team. the nuke really need good asset right?

Not necessarily. And that's just one role, anyway. You can use trait fruits to fix the natures of your most significant rare units, and there are common units that work as nukes so those are easy to get the right nature for.

You already have several good nukes and dancers, so you shouldn't need to do any more summoning for that team. Dimitri and Corrin are targeted at completely different team types.

17 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Isee. thank othin . Do you summon this AHR banner, Othin?

No. The only unit I'm missing here is Dimitri, and I don't have a need for him. I would have summoned on it if I was missing Lyn or Seiros, though. 

Again, though, my summoning decisions are based on my own current roster, strategies, and goals, which are different from yours. I have very little need for new powerful units right now, I pretty much just summon to pick up units I think would contribute something particularly novel to my roster, from either a character or ability perspective. 

Edited by Othin

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

No. The only unit I'm missing here is Dimitri, and I don't have a need for him. I would have summoned on it if I was missing Lyn or Seiros, though. 

Again, though, my summoning decisions are based on my own current roster, strategies, and goals, which are different from yours. I have very little need for new powerful units right now, I pretty much just summon to pick up characters and abilities I think are cool and don't have yet. 

I see. Interesting

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I do not see a lot of defense teams utilizing bonus buffs, so I would keep both M!Corrins on your primary super tank team.

On your second team, you can replace one of the M!Corrins with Virion in case you do see a team utilizing bonus buffs.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not see a lot of defense teams utilizing bonus buffs, so I would keep both M!Corrins on your primary super tank team.

On your second team, you can replace one of the M!Corrins with Virion in case you do see a team utilizing bonus buffs.

I see. thanks Xray. Virion fit effectively support build more than offense build right? Do you like Othin too :

("No. The only unit I'm missing here is Dimitri, and I don't have a need for him. I would have summoned on it if I was missing Lyn or Seiros, though. 

Again, though, my summoning decisions are based on my own current roster, strategies, and goals, which are different from yours. I have very little need for new powerful units right now, I pretty much just summon to pick up units I think would contribute something particularly novel to my roster, from either a character or ability perspective. ") that now you don't really need strong units. Just build interesting builds

Edited by Hasechi

20 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I see. thanks Xray. Virion fit effectively support build more than offense build right?

Yes. Virion is not very good in combat, so I think it is better to have him focus on debuffing enemies with Panic.

+HP
Dignified Bow [Atk]
(Any Assist) — Reposition — Smite
HP+5 — C Duel Infantry
Odd Pulse Tie — Even Pulse Tie — (Any Chill)
Panic Ploy
HP+5

29 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Do you like Othin too :

("No. The only unit I'm missing here is Dimitri, and I don't have a need for him. I would have summoned on it if I was missing Lyn or Seiros, though. 

Again, though, my summoning decisions are based on my own current roster, strategies, and goals, which are different from yours. I have very little need for new powerful units right now, I pretty much just summon to pick up units I think would contribute something particularly novel to my roster, from either a character or ability perspective. ") that now you don't really need strong units. Just build interesting builds

While I do not need a lot of strong player phase units, I still need strong enemy phase units. For A Hero Rises, the only unit I really want is Seiros, so I can give Dragon Wall to my units.

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Quick question: should I have a few NFU+wind/water sweep units carry Watersweep instead of Windsweep?

I think it is a good idea in case you see something like WR!Myrrh with Dragon Wall.