"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think there should be a thread on the first page of the Heroes forums that pays attention to the latest schedule. It should not be too hard to find.

Most experienced players should not have issue with a regular cav line, but it is really good at tripping up less experienced players. For maintaining Tiers though, I do not think it is that great, since the higher you go, the less likely a simple cav line is going to work, and more oppressive cav lines may need more expensive units or skills to be effective.

As for maintaining a decent Tier, I highly recommend focusing on being able to win offense matches with losing two or more units. I also recommend working on a BH!Ike super tank team to make Aether Raids easier, and if you are willing to spend a little money, I recommend getting FEH Pass for a second copy and the Resplendent stats. From Divine Codes, you have access to two Null Follow-Ups, one Spurn, and one Close Call. If you still have a lot of Divine Code 1, I recommend grabbing A!M!Corrin to give Null Follow-Up to the Light Season BH!Ike, and give the Astra Season BH!Ike Spurn form M!Kris from the second Divine Code set.

Thank you. Good to know I can maintain tier without losing my mind on defense. I don't have much problem with Offense since we got Light and Anima Mythics for free, so I just need to feed my Arthur and Athena some of the premium fodder from Code 2 to keep up. Luckily I don't have need to use my brave hector or Brave Ike as of now.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Depends on if you need another Eir/ITM!Lyn for Aether Raids. Since everyone got Eir and ITM!Lyn, I do not think RR!Palla is necessary unless you already put ITM!Lyn on Light Season and you need another one for Astra.

It's more that I'm merging up Duo Lyn -- Lyn's HP can become too high for her to reliably use her Prf weapon and get into WoM range if she were to be used for Lynforce in Astra AR and I do not have a Halloween Dozla or Larum sitting around (I already used the Spring Palla manual from Divine Codes 1). I also cannot really afford to spend orbs hoping for a Spring Palla pull anyways since A Hero Rises is coming up and I need every orb I could get for the spark.

What would be the best divine tyrifang build for og Seliph? Already have him at +10, and haven't updated his build in about a year, and since he shares the same refine as Sigurd I thought i'd go for that. Since its a really damn good refine.

26 minutes ago, Faellin said:

What would be the best divine tyrifang build for og Seliph? Already have him at +10, and haven't updated his build in about a year, and since he shares the same refine as Sigurd I thought i'd go for that. Since its a really damn good refine.

For A slot: Distant Counter

B slot: Null Follow-up, Null C-Disrupt,  Lull Atk/Spd, or Lull Atk/Def

C slot: Joint Drive Atk, Pulse Smoke, or Attack Smoke.

S slot: Quick Reposte, Mystic Boost, some Stance skill, or some Solo skill

A lot of this is whatever you might have sitting around and what game mode you want to use him in. NFU is good in Light AR season for Bramimond, NCU is good for all of the Windsweep and Dazzling staff spam you might bump into. In arena depending on the season and what you want to counter I think the Lull skill is generally the best. For the special, whatever is the most practical. In AR noontime is good especially with Brave Lucina support, maybe you could run Glimmer or Ruptured Sky if you're running Mystic Boost SS.

Do you guys spend orbs on this banner? I think Nah & Myrth is very good. What do you think about units in this banner? I remembered @Othin .... I will save orbs for  the upcoming banner.,,,

Also I just unlocked Fiora5*(through redeem summon ofcourse). Is she useable or just used as fodder ?

Edited by Hasechi

17 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Do you guys spend orbs on this banner? I think Nah & Myrth is very good. What do you think about units in this banner? I remembered @Othin .... I will save orbs for  the upcoming banner.,,,

Personally, I'm holding off on summoning on this banner, since it'll keep running for a full month. I plan on trying for Myrrh in about two weeks, after I finish with this month's mythic banner.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally, I'm holding off on summoning on this banner, since it'll keep running for a full month. I plan on trying for Myrrh in about two weeks, after I finish with this month's mythic banner.

You meant you prioritize the Mythic banner more. If everything went well & you got spare orbs , you would try to summon Myrth. 

6 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

You meant you prioritize the Mythic banner more. If everything went well & you got spare orbs , you would try to summon Myrth. 

It's more that the mythic banner will end first. Even if I burn all my orbs on the mythic banner, I'll have some time to build back up to try for Myrrh.

I don't expect to spend many orbs on the mythic banner, though. I'm currently at 169 so I should have over 300 orbs by the time it launches, and my plan is just to pull green until I have all but one of the green legendary/mythic heroes on the banner. (I'm currently missing Edelgard and Freyja, and there might be a third one as the new banner unit.) So I'll probably still have most of my orbs left after that.

Personally, I already have all the units I care about from the AHR banner, so that one isn't a factor for me.

Edited by Othin

47 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's more that the mythic banner will end first. Even if I burn all my orbs on the mythic banner, I'll have some time to build back up to try for Myrrh.

I don't expect to spend many orbs on the mythic banner, though. I'm currently at 169 so I should have over 300 orbs by the time it launches, and my plan is just to pull green until I have all but one of the green legendary/mythic heroes on the banner. (I'm currently missing Edelgard and Freyja, and there might be a third one as the new banner unit.) So I'll probably still have most of my orbs left after that.

Personally, I already have all the units I care about from the AHR banner, so that one isn't a factor for me.

I see thanks!

Edited by Hasechi

7 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Thank you. Good to know I can maintain tier without losing my mind on defense. I don't have much problem with Offense since we got Light and Anima Mythics for free, so I just need to feed my Arthur and Athena some of the premium fodder from Code 2 to keep up. Luckily I don't have need to use my brave hector or Brave Ike as of now.

Yeah. If you are not competing for the highest ranks, I would not bother with investing in defense too much. Just focus on offense and you will be fine.

I would be careful about feeding premium fodder to Arthur and Athena though. While you can use them as super tanks, they might have difficulty keeping up with stronger and stronger new units over time. There is a massive performance gap between BH!Ike and most other tanks in the game. The closest comparison in terms of effort I can think of is that being able to use BH!Ike in Aether Raids is similar to being able to use three Dancers/Singers in regular Abyssal maps, and not using BH!Ike or someone similar to him is like not being able to use Dancers/Singers in Abyssal Limited Hero Battles. You can give Null Follow-Up and Close Call to whoever you want, but I would highly recommend saving Spurn for BH!Ike.

6 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It's more that I'm merging up Duo Lyn -- Lyn's HP can become too high for her to reliably use her Prf weapon and get into WoM range if she were to be used for Lynforce in Astra AR and I do not have a Halloween Dozla or Larum sitting around (I already used the Spring Palla manual from Divine Codes 1). I also cannot really afford to spend orbs hoping for a Spring Palla pull anyways since A Hero Rises is coming up and I need every orb I could get for the spark.

I would set aside a copy of her though for Aether Raids instead of merging up all her copies, so you will at least still have the option to build a +0+0 copy up later whenever Larum pity breaks you.

As for the Forma Soul, I guess it also depends on how much you want or need a Disarm Trap nuke right now. If you are doing well in Aether Raids with your current set ups, I do not think she would be necessary, but if you feel that you are missing that piece of puzzle to do better in Aether Raids, I think it is fine to get RR!Palla.

6 hours ago, Faellin said:

Depends on what you are using him for.

For dual phase:
+Atk
Divine Tyrfing [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Atk/Def Solo — Atk/Res Solo — Distant Counter
Lull Atk/Def
Rouse Atk/Def — Rouse Atk/Res — Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Atk/Def Solo — Atk/Res Solo

Dual phase Galeforce:
+Atk
Divine Tyrfing [special]
Reposition
Galeforce
Atk/Def Solo — Atk/Res Solo — Heavy Blade
Lull Atk/Def
Rouse Atk/Def — Rouse Atk/Res — Atk Smoke — Time's Pulse
Atk/Def Solo — Atk/Res Solo — Heavy Blade

I do not think he is that great as a super tank, but you can still do it:
+Spd
Divine Tyrfing [special]
Reposition
Aether
Distant Counter
Lull Atk/Spd — Spurn — Null Follow-Up
Pulse Smoke — Atk Smoke
Spd/Res Solo

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I am only getting WR!Myrrh and maybe WR!Severa. Willful Rabbits Focus seems pretty good, but unless you are willing to spend money, I would prioritize for A Hero Rises Focus since there are more units who are strong there.

WR!Myrrh and WR!Severa are redundant because Ike: Brave Mercenary and Lyn: Ninja Friend Duo are already available for free.

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Also I just unlocked Fiora5*(through redeem summon ofcourse). Is she useable or just used as fodder ?

She is not great, but she is okay. I recommend keeping a copy of her in case you need to use her for Resonant Battles or Limited Hero Battles.

Edited by XRay

thank @XRay .

I just got some units. are they good ? Genny,Tethys & Flayn(staff flier)

Also does M!Corrin use skills like this in AR: 

M!Corrin
+Atk
Yato [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow — Triangle Adept
Axe Breaker
Drive Def

Drive Def

Should I unlock these

Edited by Hasechi

54 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

M!Corrin
+Atk
Yato [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Axe Breaker
Drive Def

Drive Def

Should I unlock these

image.thumb.png.cbbf1469ed9b4a3c3a549aa7e2cf1a71.png

Genny is alright. There are better staff units, but Genny does do pretty alright overall since getting her Prf Staff.
Tethys is a 4* Sacred Stones dancer, so she is worth keeping around for that alone. As a unit, if you ask me she doesn't really offer anything notable.
Flayn offers a 30% damage reduction in combat to allies near her. That is literally all you needed to know, she is a valuable asset to defensive units. Air Orders is a nice bonus.

I won't comment on Corrin, but what you need to know is that Corrin's special refine does not do anything if he is placed on a AR-D team. Ally Support is not applied to defensive teams, so you would be wasting a slot to a mediocre unit.

As for the Aether Resort slots, since R&R Affinity does not grant you any "valuable resources" beyond an opportunity to get an extra 5 of two types of Dragonflowers, so what you do with your Affinity won't matter too much. All those extra slots do, by the way, is allow for more heroes to appear inside the Aether Resort.

Edited by Xenomata

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Genny is alright. There are better staff units, but Genny does do pretty alright overall since getting her Prf Staff.
Tethys is a 4* Sacred Stones dancer, so she is worth keeping around for that alone. As a unit, if you ask me she doesn't really offer anything notable.
Flayn offers a 30% damage reduction in combat to allies near her. That is literally all you needed to know, she is a valuable asset to defensive units. Air Orders is a nice bonus.

I won't comment on Corrin, but what you need to know is that Corrin's special refine does not do anything if he is placed on a AR-D team. Ally Support is not applied to defensive teams, so you would be wasting a slot to a mediocre unit.

As for the Aether Resort slots, since R&R Affinity does not grant you any "valuable resources" beyond an opportunity to get an extra 5 of two types of Dragonflowers, so what you do with your Affinity won't matter too much. All those extra slots do, by the way, is allow for more heroes to appear inside the Aether Resort.

Very thank you xemomata. Those are some detail information. 

@XRay Dang that's a lot of info! I got a bit of information overload but will definitely look back into this xD

I do have Brave Roy with Galeforce but he tends to die a lot cause he is so out of reach. I'll try the WoM gimmick cause I don't think I took full advantage of that. I think in general(I realized after playing again) that I like enemy phase gameplay more. So I'm enjoying the team Othin suggested to me. But I do notice Brave Hector still dying a bit even with buffs. Probably cause I don't have Flayn and 0 merges/flowers. 

I got a question about Aether Raids though. Do the Legendary/Mythic buffs stack? Like can I have 1 unit buffed with a bunch of Legendary Water units? So it would be 1 Mythic, 3/2 Legendaries, 1 Blessed unit for maxed bonus/lift. I got more Legendaries than Mythic blessings so I might use them until I get more Mythic ones.

15 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

@XRay Dang that's a lot of info! I got a bit of information overload but will definitely look back into this xD

I do have Brave Roy with Galeforce but he tends to die a lot cause he is so out of reach. I'll try the WoM gimmick cause I don't think I took full advantage of that. I think in general(I realized after playing again) that I like enemy phase gameplay more. So I'm enjoying the team Othin suggested to me. But I do notice Brave Hector still dying a bit even with buffs. Probably cause I don't have Flayn and 0 merges/flowers. 

I got a question about Aether Raids though. Do the Legendary/Mythic buffs stack? Like can I have 1 unit buffed with a bunch of Legendary Water units? So it would be 1 Mythic, 3/2 Legendaries, 1 Blessed unit for maxed bonus/lift. I got more Legendaries than Mythic blessings so I might use them until I get more Mythic ones.

Legendary buffs stack with legendary buffs, but modes where mythic buffs are in effect do not have legendary buffs active.

7 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Should I unlock slots in defense team now?

Depends. I'd say in general, it's best to get your offense team set up first, unless it's already doing fine. So I'd say make sure you're able to build the basic version of each week's bonus structure, and use extra refine stones upgrading the Escape Ladder as far as you can. My impression is that it's best to hold off on spending stones on defense stuff until after that's all taken care of.

6 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Genny is okay.

Compared to other Dancers/Singers, Tethys is not amazing, but she is only Sacred Stones Dancer/Singer, so you want to keep her around for Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles.

Flayn is an amazing support unit.

6 hours ago, Hasechi said:

M!Corrin
+Atk
Yato [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Axe Breaker
Drive Def

Drive Def

Yes. The C slot and Sacred Seal slots are flexible, but if you are using Dimitri: King of Faerghus as the super tank, you want his Def as high as possible.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

Should I unlock slots in defense team now?

Focus on Fortress (O), Escape Ladder (O), Aether Amphorae, and Aether Fountain first. These are your most important Structures.

You also want to build the Bonus Structures each week, but only build them to level 1.

2 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

For Galeforcers, how you use them depends on the map. If you need them to mow down a lot of enemies (Mjölnir's Strike, Tempest Trials, etc.), you want to give them Desperation. If you are using them to clear a map quickly (Aether Raids, Resonant Battles, one-turn-clear Abyssal maps, etc.), then you can forgo Desperation often times and run something else on the B slot, usually Wings of Mercy.

— — — — — — —

If you prefer enemy phase gameplay, I highly recommend looking into super tank team compositions that I mentioned.

Right now, the most amazing and fun enemy phase team to use is a double-Save-double-super-tanks team. It does not score as well in Aether Raids compared to a traditional super tank team, but a double Save team is usable Abyssal maps. Previously, regular super tank teams are not viable in many Abyssal maps due to enemy reinforcement being spawned from all sides, and that would overwhelm the super tank since the super tank cannot be everywhere at once to protect the support unit from all sides. However, because Save super tanks can literally be everywhere at once (with in a limited area), they are impossible to flank, unlike regular super tank teams who are reliant on choke points to work well.

For this team composition, the best armor units to use right now are Gustav: Majestic Love and Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor, since they have high damage reduction as part of their skill set. While they are both good, I do not actually recommend using them together since they are both green, and you ideally want to switch to an armor unit with damage reduction that is not green later. The next best units would be Hector: Brave Warrior, Idunn: Dragonkin Duo, Sothis: Silver Specter, and maybe Arden. AOTB!Hector is immune to armor effectiveness. FF!Idunn can provide immunity to armor and dragon effectiveness for the entire team for one turn. GG!Sothis is immune to dragon effectiveness and basically has a better Aether. FF!Idunn and GG!Sothis can also run Dragon Wall on their B slot for damage reduction.

Arden deserves a special mention because he is free, and I think he is also mechanically more interesting than the others, although I am not sure if he is as strong though. Arden can quad attack on both phases, has Guard, and has a limited form of damage reduction via Pavise/Aegis (since he can attack four times, it can be argued that he can forgo running a damage Special; he can have Pavise up most of the time by running an A slot Breath or Vengeful Fighter, which most armor units cannot replicate without significantly dropping their own damage output due to not having a Meister Weapon); at max investment, he can reach 37 Res with +10+10, +Res, Warding Breath, DR Near Save, and Mirror Stance. Unlike damage reduction from Spurn and Dragonwall, damage reduction from Specials cannot be disabled by Deadeye and Twinblades.

Here is the Reddit post that I think started it all, or at least it was one of the first videos to show the community how insane this team composition is.

@Othin Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I start giving away Mythic Blessings.

@XRay Among the armor units you mentioned, I have Eldegard and Hector. I did tell Othin I would get Dimitri but decided against it because I do like tanky units and I like how she can move like a infantry unit even though she is armor. Btw, I don't quite understand when you say double save double tank. I assume the save is some sort of skill I am unaware of? So far, I do like both Eldegard and Brave Hector, especially since Brave Hector is no longer weak to armor-effective weapons after his upgrade. I have him paired up with Corrin(M) as suggested and it seems to work pretty well so far but I haven't used it in any of the harder content yet (Lunatic, etc)

6 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

@Othin Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I start giving away Mythic Blessings.

@XRay Among the armor units you mentioned, I have Eldegard and Hector. I did tell Othin I would get Dimitri but decided against it because I do like tanky units and I like how she can move like a infantry unit even though she is armor. Btw, I don't quite understand when you say double save double tank. I assume the save is some sort of skill I am unaware of? So far, I do like both Eldegard and Brave Hector, especially since Brave Hector is no longer weak to armor-effective weapons after his upgrade. I have him paired up with Corrin(M) as suggested and it seems to work pretty well so far but I haven't used it in any of the harder content yet (Lunatic, etc)

Save skills are a new type of skill, they have both Close and Far variants so it's useful to have one of each. They're shown and explained in this trailer: 

14 hours ago, Hasechi said:

don't.

if there is nothing on the AHR that interests you or you are not planning on saving orbs for anything else and you really want one of these units, go ahead. but i just blew over 200 orbs on this banner. I got NOTHING. one 4* spring Minerva, and something called a Larum, which i had never even heard of before today and that should just tell you how bad it probably is. 2 4* specials but pretty much useless. if you do try, i wish you the best of luck, but i suggest a minimal investment.

1. it's called "choose your legend", but the characters won't actually be legendary units right?

1 minute ago, Sil/phire said:

1. it's called "choose your legend", but the characters won't actually be legendary units right?

Joke answer: No... how dare you try to undermine Gatekeeper like that. Praise the one lord and god.

Actual answer: No. Brave Heroes are completely normal units in that regard. It's just a fancy name.

6 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

don't.

if there is nothing on the AHR that interests you or you are not planning on saving orbs for anything else and you really want one of these units, go ahead. but i just blew over 200 orbs on this banner. I got NOTHING. one 4* spring Minerva, and something called a Larum, which i had never even heard of before today and that should just tell you how bad it probably is. 2 4* specials but pretty much useless. if you do try, i wish you the best of luck, but i suggest a minimal investment.

Larum is noteworthy for being currently the only dancer from FE6, so she's important for Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles. Personally, she's by far my most-wanted main pool unit of the ones I'm missing right now.

But yes, it's worth being careful with your orbs. They can disappear very fast, and outside of sparks, there's no guarantee you'll get something you want. And with a long-running banner like this, you can always just wait for later.

23 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Save skills are really new, and they have only been released like a month ago. In my opinion, it is the most exciting thing to happen for enemy phase strategies since BH!Ike and BH!Lucina got their Refinements about two years ago.

For player phase, the last time we got something that exciting was the release of VS!Azura, and that was like over two years ago. UOT!Leif and ITM!Lyn are pretty exciting, but they are not on the scale of BH!Ike, BH!Lucina, and VS!Azura in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Larum, which i had never even heard of before today and that should just tell you how bad it probably is.

Larum is pretty neat because she carries Disarm Trap. You slap that on ITM!Lyn and watch her massacre defense teams.

And as @Othin mentioned, she is critical for Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles.

Edited by XRay