"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Naoshi said:

Outside of Forging bonds, How does one farm HM?

Something I haven't seen mentioned is Tempest Trials farming. (it's actually my favorite method above FB).  Build a team that can run through hard-ish level maps without deaths most of the time, and not only do you rack in the HM, but also get the hefty feather award at the end of the TT (I usually aim for the 8k reward; 10k requires too many stamina potions.)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

Does Duel skill work in Pawn of Loki ?

Pawns of Loki does not care about BST scoring 

Counter arriw ? Currently Im at highest tier in this mode, Im not sure if I had to play it more

You only need to play it once.

Just use all three Arrows at once. It does not really matter when you use it.

19 hours ago, kradeelav said:

Something I haven't seen mentioned is Tempest Trials farming. (it's actually my favorite method above FB).  Build a team that can run through hard-ish level maps without deaths most of the time, and not only do you rack in the HM, but also get the hefty feather award at the end of the TT (I usually aim for the 8k reward; 10k requires too many stamina potions.)

I had forgotten about TT, thanks for reminder!

5 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

would desperation be a good match with ardent sacrifice on a flier? i'm using the a-slot for a speed boost.

is there a fury seal?

"A flier" and "a speed boost" are very vague, it could help to be more specific. That said, Desperation tends to be very good on fast player phase units that can reduce their own HP and want help avoiding counterattacks.

There is currently no Fury seal. In general, Fury in the A slot is one of the best ways for setting up Desperation, but Ardent Sacrifice is certainly an option if you don't mind giving up the movement assist slot.

23 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

would desperation be a good match with ardent sacrifice on a flier? i'm using the a-slot for a speed boost.

is there a fury seal?

Pretty much the same as Othin said: what you are saying is incredibly vague, and there is no way to give good advise without knowing who it is you are building.
Ardent Sacrifice works at its best for Desperation users when the user has 40 HP or less. 40 is the lowest a units max HP can be where Ardent Sacrifices 10 HP removal will put you under 75% hp.

You can see pretty much all the Sacred Seals that exist in the Sacred Seal Forge Creation menu (I think, I have no way to confirm this myself since I've always had every SS in existence), and yeah there is no Fury SS. We also have no way of knowing when one will ever exist, since we only get 2 Sacred Seals per Tempest Trials and there is really no pattern to their release.

43 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

is there a fury seal?

I mean, technically if you're thinking about a lance flier (and going off of the discussion about anything that looks like a Fury effect), Valter's refined Cursed Lance would be a great 'lance plus fury effects plus special cooldown and other bits' option.  I didn't see anything about it being non-inheritable but I could be wrong.

16 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

I mean, technically if you're thinking about a lance flier (and going off of the discussion about anything that looks like a Fury effect), Valter's refined Cursed Lance would be a great 'lance plus fury effects plus special cooldown and other bits' option.  I didn't see anything about it being non-inheritable but I could be wrong.

Valter's lance is a personal weapon. All the weapons featured in the monthly refinery updates are.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

would desperation be a good match with ardent sacrifice on a flier?

I do not recommend Ardent Sacrifice unless you are using the unit as a substitute staff unit. In my opinion, it is better to get into Desperation range by using Fury, taking a counter attack, or simply have the player phase unit let a weak enemy attack it. Due to how important mobility is in the game, I recommend using Reposition on player phase units.

For short easy maps, you can use Ardent Sacrifice, but as you progress further into the game, the lack of Reposition becomes a problem. I have used Ardent Sacrifice when I first started being competitive in Arena during the first year of the game, but as I climbed to higher tiers and the meta evolving, Ardent Sacrifice just is not good enough to deal with the prominence of high mobility threats.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

i'm using the a-slot for a speed boost.

For player phase units with a decent Spd stat, you want to use A skills that give both Atk and Spd, such as Fury, Life and Death, Brazen Atk/Spd, etc. You do not want to use skills that only give Atk or only Spd.

Darting Blow is better than nothing, but Fury, Life and Death, and Brazen Atk/Spd are all relatively inexpensive, so I recommend switching to those skills as soon as possible.

The only reason to use Darting Blow is to reduce damage dealt by a Galeforcer to reduce their chances of one shotting the enemy (many Galeforcers rely on hitting twice to trigger Galeforce). Even then, being able to one shot enemies is pretty rare these days in most modes without the use of Blade tomes, Specials, or effectiveness, so Galeforcers should not have to worry about accidentally killing things in one hit.

yeah i was looking for what i could do with Elincia. With nothing but her prf weapon equipped she's at exactly 40 hp, meaning a single use of AS would put her in Desperation range. But it does eat an enormous amount of time. Her Atk and Spd are not particularly outstanding, so i have been thinking between giving her Death Blow 4 or using Atk/Spd solo 4, but i would only go the first route if boosting her speed was not worth the effort. currently, this is what i have in mind:

ardent sacrifice

moonbow

a- atk/spd solo 4 (options: swift sparrow 3, atk/spd push 4)

b- desperation

c- spd/def rein 3

s- atk/spd or swift sparrow

Is there an actual notable difference between the 2 Byleth's?

I've had a neutral IV M:Byleth since the whole 3H promotion a long time ago that i've been using since then. And just got a random off focus female Byleth. So is there an actual difference in terms of performance? Outside of base skill loadout.

This F:Byleth also came up neutral as well.

Edited by Faellin

2 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

yeah i was looking for what i could do with Elincia. With nothing but her prf weapon equipped she's at exactly 40 hp, meaning a single use of AS would put her in Desperation range. But it does eat an enormous amount of time. Her Atk and Spd are not particularly outstanding, so i have been thinking between giving her Death Blow 4 or using Atk/Spd solo 4, but i would only go the first route if boosting her speed was not worth the effort.

What you have to remember when using Elincia is that she is built to be a speedy Brave unit, so while her visible Atk and Spd aren't exactly fantastic (even with Resplendent boosts, Neutral Elincia only hits 47/36 offenses), she does get a Swift Sparrow refine, has 2 slots capable of boosting her Atk and Spd (three if you have an extra Rein lying around), and Desperation will ensure death in 4 hits on almost all enemies, excluding the bulkiest of units.

If you want Elincia to enter Desperation range in just 1 combat, give her Fury and initiate on a foe who can counterattack. Her bulk should be able to withstand at least one hit, and as long as she can double (quad?), she'll net the kill and be in Desperation range guaranteed. Atk/Spd Push 4 would work as well, though it won't add anything to her bulk.

Play to her strengths of high Spd, not high Atk. She's really not worth building if all you want is a strong Brave unit.

54 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I've had a neutral IV M:Byleth since the whole 3H promotion a long time ago that i've been using since then. And just got a random off focus female Byleth. So is there an actual difference in terms of performance? Outside of base skill loadout.

Aside from base skill loadouts, they both have slight stat variations: Male Byleth has 40/36/38/34/20, while Female Byleth has a 40/34/40/33/21 spread. Their Lv1 base stats and growths are also different, but they have the same Superboon in Spd and Superbane in HP, so it's not really a notable difference there.
If you want to build a Byleth with Wind/Watersweep in mind, FemByleth would have the slight advantage, but overall I don't think there's all that important a distinction between the two.

38 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Young tiki, Deirdre, Linde  . What do you think ?

All severely outclassed. Very weak Weekly Revival banner, don't bother.

Young Tiki has harsh competition among Red Dragons as she is not easy to merge up (which is a problem for Year 1 units who all have underwhelming statspreads) and doesn't have all that great a Prf weapon. She does have an incredibly balanced statspread, which one can improve upon, though at your current level of play I don't think you'd be able to even come close to making a good enough Tiki. If all you want is a defensive Red Dragon, you'd be far better off buying Halloween Ena from the Grail shop.
Deirdre is supposed to be a dragon killer, but I honestly think she is very underwhelming as one at this point. She'd be a good starting point, since her tome does disable adeptive damage (that would be the effect that lets Dragon units target the lowest of a units two defensive stats), but you really can't depend on her once you begin to get later into the game.
Linde's tome is her only selling point at this point in the games life, and even then it's not great. The unrefined effect is useless, but once it is refined it does provide a +6 Atk buff to adjacent Tome and Staff allies, or it can be upgraded to Dark Aura to instead grant the same boost to Melee-range allies. That's okay I suppose, but it's not worth summoning for when Atk Tactics is available from a 4* unit, Fae's Prf has a much larger overall boost to allies within 2 spaces with no limitations on who can benefit, and Linde herself is not a fantastic mage to begin with.

Again, all 3 units are severely outclassed. A case could probably be made for Young Tiki, but one would need premium skills to make her worth using, some of which are on seasonal units, and I would even say it's not worth using Tiki unless you have her Resplendent outfit (since having it gives her a +2 boost to all of her stats), so if you want to avoid spending money on the game then tough luck.

The last nails in the coffin I'd like to add, all 3 of them are available in the 4* Special Pool, and we are only a week or so away from the A Hero Rises banner, which will have 4 amazingly strong units (one of which you already should have in Duo Lyn), not to mention some of the focus units in banners available right now are quite strong, and we haven't even seen the units for this months Spring banner. There is absolutely no reason to summon off this exceedingly weak banner beyond the single free summon.

Edited by Xenomata

7 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

yeah i was looking for what i could do with Elincia. With nothing but her prf weapon equipped she's at exactly 40 hp, meaning a single use of AS would put her in Desperation range. But it does eat an enormous amount of time. Her Atk and Spd are not particularly outstanding, so i have been thinking between giving her Death Blow 4 or using Atk/Spd solo 4, but i would only go the first route if boosting her speed was not worth the effort. currently, this is what i have in mind:

ardent sacrifice

moonbow

b- desperation

c- spd/def rein 3

I would also suggest just going with Fury. No need to bother with a rare A slot that won't reduce her HP. If you want a premium one, Fury 4 is an option.

5 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Young tiki, Deirdre, Linde  . What do you think ?

I do not suggest spending orbs on any of the weekly revival banners. Only real need is if you're desperate for Distant Counter / Close Counter fodder, or for Brave Ike merges. Otherwise, the units themselves are all outdated.

Right now, the most important thing is saving up for the Hero Rises banner next week. You'll need at least 155 orbs to spark there, and it's one of the best banners around.

Edited by Othin

7 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

ardent sacrifice

moonbow

b- desperation

c- spd/def rein 3

I recommend the following build:
+Atk
Amiti [special]
Reposition
Luna
Fury
Desperation
Spd/Def Rein
Brazen Atk/Spd

You want to use Luna over Moonbow since you can always trigger Luna, a stronger Special. Fury is cheap, so there is no reason to pick Death Blow over Fury. You want to save Death Blow for slow units. Brazen Atk/Spd gives more Atk/Spd than Swift Sparrow.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Play to her strengths of high Spd, not high Atk. She's really not worth building if all you want is a strong Brave unit.

She got the best offensive distribution out of all sword fliers accounting for extra Flowers and Resplendent stats, giving her an effective 37/39. Only ZC!Catria, Altina, and NYOFAI!Hríd, and DB!Ashnard has higher attack, but only by 3 for the first two, by 2 for the third, and by 1 for the latter, and they are all slower.

If we are looking at it from a Brave build perspective, then Elincia's Amiti has an extra Atk+6, giving her an extra 3 Atk over ZC!Catria with Ninja Katana, while tying Spd.

6 hours ago, Faellin said:

M!Byleth is better for busting tanks due to his higher Atk.

F!Byleth is better as a super tank due to higher Spd; in terms of killing tanks, she is not as good as M!Byleth due to lower Atk, but she can better deal with faster tanks.

First, I'm really sorry for replying you guys a little late. I was & still abit dizzy. So I can't read your texts then.595b0f0328673877dbf94b8a92f2ab44c4f8fce1 . But after read your texts , I get more dizzy ~^.^~

On 3/13/2021 at 2:43 AM, Othin said:

Like I've said, you don't need merges on rare units. A few stat points don't make much difference, what's much more important is having units that can fill a variety of functions. Over time you'll be able to get enough feathers to upgrade some common units to 5* +10, though - I've had a lot of success in Aether Raids with my +10 Cecilia and L'Arachel.

What's standing out to me about your team is that it's got a mix of elements. You want to make both a Light team and an Astra team, each consisting only of units of that element, ideally with 2-3 of them being mythics and the rest being regular heroes with the blessing in question. That'll give you higher stats and better scores.

For your Light team, you'll want Eir and Peony for your mythics (at least until you can get more options, like Mila), and I'd suggest also including Ninja Lyn there since she can be that team's hit and run attacker while Reginn plays that role on Astra.

For Astra, you should have six slots. Dorothea could be good there, as well as other units her duo effect will work on like Dimitri and/or Silvia. (Silvia is weak in battle, but she's significant for being a dancer Dorothea can refresh.)

I got Mila Res+, L'arachel spd+. So what team for light season now ?

"but Silvia is significant for being a dancer Dorothea can refresh" . What do you mean ? You meant they're both dancers and that's a good thing for AR?

On 3/13/2021 at 2:56 AM, XRay said:

You do not want to mix Mythic Heroes of different Blessings together, as they do not contribute anything to your score and there are generally better units out there to fulfill their roles. For example, Peony is Light, Triandra is Dark, and Reginn is Astra, so it is not a good idea to put them on the same team. You also want to build more than one team for each Season.

For Light Season, for a player phase team, you can use Peony and Peony: Álfar Dream Duo as your core Dancers/Singers, and you can use Eir and Eliwood as your nukes. The fifth unit can be the bonus unit or another nuke.

For Astra Season, for a player phase team, you can use Dorothea: Twilight Harmony, another Dancer/Singer that is Astra Blessed, Reginn, Lyn: Ninja Friend Duo, and Erinys. The sixth unit can be the bonus unit or another nuke. For Erinys, you want to give her Galeforce and Wings of Mercy and have her Ally Support either Reginn or Lyn: Ninja Friend Duo.

For Light Season super tank team, you want to use Eir, Peony, two M!Corrins, and Dimitri: King of Faeghus.

For Astra Season super tank team, you can use Ike: Brave Mercenary, M!Corrin (Lucina: Brave Princess is better with Ike: Brave Mercenary), Reginn, Dorothea: Twilight Harmony, and any staff unit. The sixth unit can be a bonus unit or another M!Corrin to further buff Ike: Brave Mercenary.

Is there a dark season? I read on internet. it sound like Triandra isnt good cause she's dark blessing. 

I don't have Peony Duo. But I have double MCorrin. But I don't like to use double unit with same skills. I think I would choose other unit to replace the 2nd Corrin. So what skills should I give them ? Beside some suggestion above, the rest use their original skills ?

On 3/13/2021 at 2:59 AM, Othin said:

Don't use the bonus unit in a sixth slot, that means they won't add to your score.

Those specific teams and builds are options, but don't feel obligated to go for them if you don't want to.

"Don't use the bonus unit in a sixth slot, that means they won't add to your score." Im sorry. I really dont understand this

On 3/13/2021 at 3:06 AM, XRay said:

@Hasechi, in general, make sure you do not put any Mythics and bonus units in the sixth slot, as that slot does not contribute to scoring. You can put Mythics in the sixth slot, but that is only if you are using four or more Mythics.

I think she should have all of the units I mentioned. I remember seeing one M!Corrin, but I am not sure if she has two or more.

But yeah, the above is just a sample team that I came up with what I find to be the easiest to use and what I remember you have. You want to fine tune it more to suit your own preferences.

" bonus units" ?  "You can put Mythics in the sixth slot, but that is only if you are using four or more Mythics" ? But you said that we shouldn't put mythic with different blessing together. Does this meant that the sixth slot mythic must match blessing with other in the team ?

On 3/13/2021 at 3:36 AM, Ice Dragon said:

The current season appears on the top-left corner of the screen on most screens. The two elements on the left are the season's Legendary elements (currently Earth and Wind), and the two elements on the right are the season's Mythic elements (currently Anima and Astra).

You get additional points in Arena and Aether Raids by using Legendary/Mythic Heroes from the current season with blessed units that match their element. Legendary elements only count in Arena, and Mythic elements only count in Aether Raids, with one exception that I mention below.

For example, if you have 1 Wind Legendary Hero and 2 Wind blessed units, you get 1 × 2 = 2 times whatever the bonus point multiplier is for that mode. If you have 2 Wind Legendary Heroes and 2 Wind blessed units, you get 2 × 2 = 4 times whatever the bonus point multiplier is for that mode. If you have 1 Wind Legendary Hero and 2 Water bl

In the Arena, Mythic Heroes matching the current season's elements (but not Mythic blessed units) count as if they have all Legendary element blessings. In Aether Raids, Legendary Heroes matching the current season's elements (but not Legendary blessed units) count as if they have all Mythic element blessings.

For example, Duma (Anima) currently counts as if it were an Earth and Wind blessed unit in Arena and will count towards bonus points and will receive bonus stats from your Legendary Heroes.

Finally, in Aether Raids, Light and Astra only count towards offense points and Dark and Anima only count towards defense points.

So current AR season is Astra & Anima. I can either run a whole team with all Astra blessing or Anima Blessing members to get the buff. But we offen play player-phase style. So it's better to run team with Light/Aster blessing. "points" you meant here is buff points during combat or points to get reward ?

On 3/13/2021 at 3:40 AM, XRay said:

Yeah, you want to use Astra Mythics and Astra Blessed units.

No. Each battle mode treats seasons differently.

For Aether Raids, only Mythic Heroes, Mythic Blessed Heroes, and Legendary Heroes will work, assuming they are from the right Season. Legendary Blessed Heroes do not contribute to score in this mode.

For Arena, only Legendary Heroes, Legendary Blessed Heroes, and Mythic Heroes will work, assuming they are from the right Season. Mythic Blessed Heroes do not contribute to score in this mode.

"Mythic Heroes, Mythic Blessed Heroes" what's different here ? Aren't all Mythic Heroes come with fixed blessing that we cant change? Same with Legendary Heroes & Legendary Blessed Heroes. 

thank @Xenomata @Othin for your explanation about Weekly Revival Banner. I would save orbs. 

Edited by Hasechi

1 hour ago, XRay said:

She got the best offensive distribution out of all sword fliers accounting for extra Flowers and Resplendent stats, giving her an effective 37/39. Only ZC!Catria, Altina, and NYOFAI!Hríd, and DB!Ashnard has higher attack, but only by 3 for the first two, by 2 for the third, and by 1 for the latter, and they are all slower.

If we are looking at it from a Brave build perspective, then Elincia's Amiti has an extra Atk+6, giving her an extra 3 Atk over ZC!Catria with Ninja Katana, while tying Spd.

When I say "strong Brave build," I just mean the classic High Atk, good to middling defenses, low Spd statspread. It in no way is indicative of the performance comparisons of all Brave Sword units in the game.

I got Mila Res+, L'arachel spd+. So what team for light season now ?

In that case, use Mila and Peony as your Light team's mythics. L'Arachel is more of a long-term project, for when you can give her Blarblade and a bunch of merges.

"but Silvia is significant for being a dancer Dorothea can refresh" . What do you mean ? You meant they're both dancers and that's a good thing for AR?

Dorothea's Harmonized skill allows her to refresh a nearby unit in addition to her regular action, but only one that's from FE4 or Three Houses. So it's really useful to pair Dorothea with a relevant unit she can refresh, and dancers are one of the best targets. So while Silvia is normally not one of the stronger dancers, this is a case where being an FE4 dancer specifically is a huge advantage.

It's one of many cases where which units are best varies depending on the needs of the rest of your team, rather than being about raw power.

Is there a dark season? I read on internet. it sound like Triandra isnt good cause she's dark blessing. 

There's a Light/Dark season, and an Astra/Anima season. However, the elements don't all work the same. Light and Astra are "offense" elements, which means they only function on a team under your own control. Dark and Anima are "defense" elements, so they function on the AI-controlled teams you play against. So Triandra never has a season where she'll be good on an offense team, but during Light/Dark season, you'll face her on defense teams, and she's useful when you're building your own defense teams.

"Don't use the bonus unit in a sixth slot, that means they won't add to your score." Im sorry. I really dont understand this

" bonus units" ?  "You can put Mythics in the sixth slot, but that is only if you are using four or more Mythics" ? But you said that we shouldn't put mythic with different blessing together. Does this meant that the sixth slot mythic must match blessing with other in the team ?

Bonus units are the 10 units the game lists each week as "bonus units". You have to have one in one of your team's main five slots to get the extra +20 points.

The sixth slot mythic must match the others, yes. In Light/Dark season, your team should be all Light units, and in Astra/Anima season, your team should be all Astra units.

So current AR season is Astra & Anima. I can either run a whole team with all Astra blessing or Anima Blessing members to get the buff. But we offen play player-phase style. So it's better to run team with Light/Aster blessing. "points" you meant here is buff points during combat or points to get reward ?

"Offense" or "defense" in this context has nothing to do with player phase vs enemy phase. The team you're controlling is always an offense team, so in Astra/Anima season, there's no benefit to controlling an Anima team, only Astra.

"Points" is points to get the rewards. You can get explanations on this (and many of the other Aether Raids mechanics) by using the ingame help menu. I recommend making that the first thing you check when you're confused about how the game's mechanics work.

"Mythic Heroes, Mythic Blessed Heroes" what's different here ? Aren't all Mythic Heroes come with fixed blessing that we cant change? Same with Legendary Heroes & Legendary Blessed Heroes. 

No. Legendary and mythic heroes have elemental effects, not elemental blessings. You can tap their elemental icons for an explanation on what each of them does.

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I recommend making that the first thing you check when you're confused about how the game's mechanics work.

Please. I always read "?" button before ask.. It's just that some of those help texts is explained in a way that very confused me or lack informations 

1 minute ago, Hasechi said:

Please. I always read "?" button before ask.. It's just that some of those help texts is explained in a way that very confused me or lack informations 

Alright, that makes sense. Just wanted to make sure.

This is more of a request rather than a question but I figured it'd fit better here than in other threads. 

I'd like someone to test my AR-D setup, I spent like 2 hours mingling with skills and positioning and I'd like to know if it's a viable comp or if should go back to the drawing board. 

Here's how the comp looks: 

Spoiler

by8b0jh.jpg

As for my Heroes Friend Code, it's on my sig but it may be a little hard to read so here it is: 2965238929. 

Thanks a lot in advance!