"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Save skills are really new, and they have only been released like a month ago. In my opinion, it is the most exciting thing to happen for enemy phase strategies since BH!Ike and BH!Lucina got their Refinements about two years ago.

For player phase, the last time we got something that exciting was the release of VS!Azura, and that was like over two years ago. UOT!Leif and ITM!Lyn are pretty exciting, but they are not on the scale of BH!Ike, BH!Lucina, and VS!Azura in my opinion.

Larum is pretty neat because she carries Disarm Trap. You slap that on ITM!Lyn and watch her massacre defense teams.

And as @Othin mentioned, she is critical for Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles.

You probably wouldn't want to fodder your first Larum, because of the whole only FE6 dancer thing.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Joke answer: No... how dare you try to undermine Gatekeeper like that. Praise the one lord and god.

Actual answer: No. Brave Heroes are completely normal units in that regard. It's just a fancy name.

so no legendary Gatekeeper to watch over my future legendary Chrom and Marth team.....

but really was hoping for legendary Marianne lol

so once they run through normal, legendary, and brave versions they got nothing else but seasonal alts for units? seasonal don't really hit me as the most attractive of designs personally.

@Othin i'll trade you if i could, i'll take literally anything i dont have lol. i have learned my lesson. next time im just taking my free feathers and walking away; this was almost as painful as the fallen julia/ike shared banner last time. i still dont know what to do with the spare ike copies taking up space on my barracks.

EDIT: ok so may be she is not as bad as i thought, just i never heard of her so i assumed she was another old 5 star left behind by powercreep

Edited by Sil/phire

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Save skills are a new type of skill, they have both Close and Far variants so it's useful to have one of each. They're shown and explained in this trailer: 

Isn't this a limited unit? Meaning I won't have access to this skill then until its in a banner again. 😞 Well, I'll look out for its rerun when it comes around I guess or if more units with the skill will come out. I do like the idea of it though.

I'll probably work on player phase for now since @XRay mentioned those units require less resources(I barely have any). I got a ton of the older dancer/singers and a few decent player phase Calvary units I know of that I can use. I can't seem to recall any good infantry player phase units for some reason though x.x

2 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Isn't this a limited unit? Meaning I won't have access to this skill then until its in a banner again. 😞 Well, I'll look out for its rerun when it comes around I guess or if more units with the skill will come out. I do like the idea of it though.

I'll probably work on player phase for now since @XRay mentioned those units require less resources(I barely have any). I got a ton of the older dancer/singers and a few decent player phase Calvary units I know of that I can use. I can't seem to recall any good infantry player phase units for some reason though x.x

Those units are limited, but Dedue has Close Save and he's a main-pool unit on a banner that's still running right now, and there will probably be more units with Far Save eventually. Each one has six possible variations depending on the stat boosts.

But yeah, it's certainly a high-resource strategy.

47 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

if there is nothing on the AHR that interests you or you are not planning on saving orbs for anything else and you really want one of these units, go ahead. but i just blew over 200 orbs on this banner. I got NOTHING. one 4* spring Minerva, and something called a Larum, which i had never even heard of before today and that should just tell you how bad it probably is. 2 4* specials but pretty much useless. if you do try, i wish you the best of luck, but i suggest a minimal investment.

Thank you @Sil/phire . I see. Very sorry for your loss. Why would you want to go for blue stones & get miverna ? Guess you haven't played FE6. Larum has a big part in the story

Edited by Hasechi

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

You probably wouldn't want to fodder your first Larum, because of the whole only FE6 dancer thing.

Oh yeah, definitely. I got a couple of Larums now, so I feel more at liberty to fodder the extra ones.

7 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

EDIT: ok so may be she is not as bad as i thought, just i never heard of her so i assumed she was another old 5 star left behind by powercreep

Yeah, I am not sure how new players keep up with all the characters and skill effects. As a day one player, I have a good grasp of most units and skills since I am eased into it. For a new player right now, they have to learn about four years worth of content.

Just now, ScarletSylph said:

Special Heroes Foci have an annual schedule, so you have about eleven months to save your Orbs up for the Save skills.

1 minute ago, ScarletSylph said:

If you still have Reinhardt, he is still pretty good. He is not top tier like he used to be (surviving Reinhardt is kind of like the minimum standard super tanks and bulky front line defense units must pass these days), but he can still take out a good chunk health from most units as long as they are not running anything too fancy.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yes. The C slot and Sacred Seal slots are flexible, but if you are using Dimitri: King of Faerghus as the super tank, you want his Def as high as possible.

I see. Also I watched 300IQ video you post. But I can't run that team cause current I only have 1 Flayn.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Those units are limited, but Dedue has Close Save and he's a main-pool unit on a banner that's still running right now, and there will probably be more units with Far Save eventually. Each one has six possible variations depending on the stat boosts.

But yeah, it's certainly a high-resource strategy.

Oh he does have the skill, I'll try using the free tickets 1st before I even decide to use orbs for it xD It will really depend how much I want to try this double save super tank strat.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you still have Reinhardt, he is still pretty good. He is not top tier like he used to be (surviving Reinhardt is kind of like the minimum standard super tanks and bulky front line defense units must pass these days), but he can still take out a good chunk health from most units as long as they are not running anything too fancy.

He was actually the other Calvary unit I was thinking of. I got an Atk+ Merge+1 right now. I think he was my +10 project before I stopped playing. I also got Fluorspar Selena in one of my free summons when I came back and she seems to be a pretty good player phase unit when I was leveling her up. I also got Brave Lyn which I remember is a good player phase as well.

7 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Oh he does have the skill, I'll try using the free tickets 1st before I even decide to use orbs for it xD It will really depend how much I want to try this double save super tank strat.

I think it's best to come up with a plan beforehand. If you want to spark for him, the cheapest way is to do full summons on each session, including the free ones. That costs 135 orbs, or maybe a bit more if you already did your first free session. But it's up to you what's worthwhile right now.

34 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thank you @Sil/phire . I see. Very sorry for your loss. Why would you want to go for blue stones & get miverna ? Guess you haven't played FE6. Larum has a big part in the story

i wasn't. i didn't care for any of the units except the duo Myrrh/Nah, but my luck was atrocious. I kept getting single colorless orbs for the most part, with plenty of summoning circles having no colorless orbs at all. there comes the point where you just get frustrated and begin pulling anything that shows up, just to see if may be something, ANYTHING, comes up to break your pity rate and walk away; and Minerva is the only one that did, but not even as a 5*. Again, if you do pull, keep it to minimum, your orbs are better spent elsewhere.

Also, i have played very few FE games, so i don't know much about these characters at all, Larum was completely unknown to me (i have not played FE6).

@XRay for the most part i think the most disorienting thing for me as a new player was the sheer amount of different game modes, from an outside perspective, it feels unnecessary and unnecessarily  complex. having played for a few months now, i think AR is the single most complicated mode, i still don't even bother touching it except to pick up blessings. you guys have been a lot of help understanding the game, and people on youtube like pheonixmaster1.

2 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

i wasn't. i didn't care for any of the units except the duo Myrrh/Nah, but my luck was atrocious. I kept getting single colorless orbs for the most part, with plenty of summoning circles having no colorless orbs at all. there comes the point where you just get frustrated and begin pulling anything that shows up, just to see if may be something, ANYTHING, comes up to break your pity rate and walk away; and Minerva is the only one that did, but not even as a 5*. Again, if you do pull, keep it to minimum, your orbs are better spent elsewhere.

I know your feeling. I used to do that too until I realized I just wasted 800 orbs.

Edited by Hasechi

21 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I need to farm orbs. Which units suits these blessing :

Elements themselves are pretty much interchangeable with each other. Rather than building teams based on element, build teams based around a specific Legendary Hero that you have, and give the members of that team the blessing that matches that Legendary Hero.

I see thank @Ice Dragon . I want to ask about Duel skill. In Arena, I use 4 charaters that have duel skills: Laegjsam, Azelle, Erinys, Spring Veronica. I wonder is it necessary that only need a member with duel skill or all members have to equip duel skill to score more.

Also about Limited-Time Compile. I'm current have 170 ( grabed Lyn, Sorren).  I wonder is there a chance to gain code 2 again, cause only 9 days left.  But high I think I should get Cain for Wing of Mercy. And if I got Cain, it would be 70 code2 left. 

Edited by Hasechi

8 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

there comes the point where you just get frustrated and begin pulling anything that shows up, just to see if may be something, ANYTHING, comes up to break your pity rate and walk away

Never do this.

Orbs are something to only spend for a focus unit you want. Unless you're trying for a spark, never spend them for a color that doesn't have that.

I understand the impulse, but it's a really bad habit, and it's important to find a way to break it.

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I want to ask about Duel skill. In Arena, I use 4 charaters that have duel skills: Laegjsam, Azelle, Erinys, Spring Veronica. I wonder is it necessary that only need a member with duel skill or all members have to equip duel skill to score more.

Duel skills only apply to the unit that the skill is equipped on.

However, if you have units that are merged, it's very possible that a merged unit without a Duel skill will score higher than an unmerged unit with a Duel skill due to the fact that each merge contributes the equivalent of 10 points of base stats to your score.

For example, a +0 Azelle with R Duel Infantry 4 (counts as 180 base stats) would score the exact same as a +3 Lilina (150 base stats) if their equipped skills are worth the same amount of SP.

For reference (assuming a team of 4 5-star units including a bonus unit):

• Every 5 points of base stats (does not count stats from merges or skills, but does count the flaw removal or bonus +1/1/1 points from the first merge) is worth 0.5 score
  • Every 100 SP in equipped skills (not counting the 1.5× cost for inherited skills) is worth 0.5 score
  • Every merge is worth 1 score
  • Every on-season blessing is worth 2 score multiplied by the number of Legendary Heroes matching the blessing's element on the team
  • Every on-season Mythic Hero is worth 2 score multiplied the number of on-season Legendary Heroes on the team

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Also about Limited-Time Compile. I'm current have 170 ( grabed Lyn, Sorren).  I wonder is there a chance to gain code 2 again, cause only 9 days left.  But high I think I should get Cain for Wing of Mercy. And if I got Cain, it would be 70 code2 left. 

You cannot get more codes, but the extra Codes is normal. The game gives extra Divine Codes, usually around 50 to 70. Since not every player can clear all content easily, by giving out extra Codes, even new players can usually grab both 5* units even if they do not do so well in events and various modes.

46 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thank you @Ice Dragon I want to ask what if 4 members in a team all have Duel skill ?

thank @XRay I just noticed we can gain Code2 through Resonance battle

1. They'll all count as if they have the higher stat total.

2. Those are normal code 2s (tan), not limited (red).

Why does my Thasir keep giving penalties to allies? I'm quite confused. I'm currently leveling her for next Aether Raid season but I noticed she kept giving penalties on my own people. Does she have a skill that does this or something? I keep rereading her skills but I don't see a mention in any?(at least from my understanding) It doesn't happen all the time but every other time, I noticed.

10 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Why does my Thasir keep giving penalties to allies? I'm quite confused. I'm currently leveling her for next Aether Raid season but I noticed she kept giving penalties on my own people. Does she have a skill that does this or something? I keep rereading her skills but I don't see a mention in any?(at least from my understanding) It doesn't happen all the time but every other time, I noticed.

It's her Prf weapon, if she is within 3 spaces of an ally, she gains a +4 boost to her stats and prevents enemy guaranteed follow-ups, but after combat if she attacked she inflicts -4 all stats to the ally nearest her.

Both forms of Lif have a similar effect, though in his case he just lobs off 20hp of the nearest ally.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

It's her Prf weapon, if she is within 3 spaces of an ally, she gains a +4 boost to her stats and prevents enemy guaranteed follow-ups, but after combat if she attacked she inflicts -4 all stats to the ally nearest her.

Both forms of Lif have a similar effect, though in his case he just lobs off 20hp of the nearest ally.

Ah ok. I got to consider that when making a def team with her then. Thanks!

Just now, ScarletSylph said:

There are ways to benefit from it actually.

~In Thrasir's case, some units, as well as unity skills, have an effect that adds a bonus to their stats equal to 2x their current penalties, effectively reversing the penalty.
~In Lif's case, 20 HP for some units will put them below 50% HP, giving them easily triggered WoM or Escape Route. Otherwise, it's the easiest way to ensure a unit is put under 75% HP for skills like Desperation, Vantage, among others.

5 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

You want to use someone like Brunnya who does not care about penalties, or someone like Ike: Zeal Unleashed who can benefit from it. Here is a list of skills that interact with Penalties, so you can see who works well with Thrasir.

These are units that reverses Penalties, so they benefit the most from being debuffed by Thrasir:
Dagr (not yet released)
Ike: Zeal Unleashed

Units that completely neutralizes and benefits from Penalties:
Idunn

Units that completely neutralizes Penalties:
Brunnya
Chrom: Crowned Exalt
Eirika: Anamnesis Lady
Est: Spring Time Flier
Hector: Brave Warrior
Idunn: Dragonkin Duo
M!Kris
F!Kris
Nowi
Setsuna
Shannan
Shiro

These units benefit from Penalties, but they do not neutralize nor reverse it, so I do not recommend using them with Thrasir as much:
Arthur
Bernadetta
Líf

Are those limited active Special Maps come back ?

"They'll all count as if they have the higher stat total." What do you mean ? You meant it will only choose the highest stat total unit , so we don't have to add duel skill to 4 members in a team ?

Edited by Hasechi