"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Quick question. I very recently ended up getting a Henry, and I want to use him because he is one of my favorite characters. I didn't get to check his boon before I started leveling him up, but I do know what is bane is: speed. I know he's slow already, so being neutral or having a speed bane won't save him anyway, but would he still work out?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would people recommend as a B passive for my Lucina. I recently gave her Fury 3, which brings her stats to 42 HP, 54 Atk, 43 Spd, 29 Def and 23 Res (she's +Spd/-Res and has +2 to HP as well as +1 to all her other stats due to merging).

18 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

What would people recommend as a B passive for my Lucina. I recently gave her Fury 3, which brings her stats to 42 HP, 54 Atk, 43 Spd, 29 Def and 23 Res (she's +Spd/-Res and has +2 to HP as well as +1 to all her other stats due to merging).

Swordbreaker seems to be the go-to skill, partly to secure one-round kills against bulky or fast swords or to negate opposing swords' Swordbreaker.

Desperation goes well with her high base Spd, though maintaining the damage needed to keep it active can be tricky with Falchion's passive healing and Fury's self damage.

Quick Riposte is easier to work with in terms of HP management, but is less useful since Lucina already double attacks a lot of things.

Alternatively, Renewal is an option since it stacks with Falchion and goes well with Fury.

Wings of Mercy can be useful for teleportation shenanigans. For something really gimmicky, you can try Pass.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Swordbreaker seems to be the go-to skill, partly to secure one-round kills against bulky or fast swords or to negate opposing swords' Swordbreaker.

Desperation goes well with her high base Spd, though maintaining the damage needed to keep it active can be tricky with Falchion's passive healing and Fury's self damage.

Quick Riposte is easier to work with in terms of HP management, but is less useful since Lucina already double attacks a lot of things.

Alternatively, Renewal is an option since it stacks with Falchion and goes well with Fury.

Wings of Mercy can be useful for teleportation shenanigans. For something really gimmicky, you can try Pass.

Thanks for the reply

I think I'll go with Swordbreaker since I have 6 extra Sully to burn. Though I'll definitely keep Renewal in mind.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Quick question. I very recently ended up getting a Henry, and I want to use him because he is one of my favorite characters. I didn't get to check his boon before I started leveling him up, but I do know what is bane is: speed. I know he's slow already, so being neutral or having a speed bane won't save him anyway, but would he still work out?

If I could make an ideal Henry, it would be with a Speed bane.  He's great if his boon is Atk and good if it's Def.  Res/HP is a little iffier.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

He's not the best red mage out there, but he can be salvaged. Here are some calcs I ran a while back:

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Personally I'm a fan of the L&D, Desperation combo.

People seem to think that Falchion healing means that desperation is bad on her, but that's not how either of those skills work. The point of renewal and desperation is to make sure Lucina can keep on 2 shotting the people she needs to, whether through having enough HP to tank a single hit (which she usually could, above 75% hp, especially with Fury), or through getting 2 hits before the opponent gets to counter.

If you're at full HP, great! Unless the opponent can 1HKO you or has Swordbreaker, you can safely double them into oblivion. If you're below desperation threshold, great! You get 2 hits off before the counter---and, given Lucina's stat spread, usually means they don't get to counter at all. The only time the Falchion would become a problem is if you healed just above 75%, and that's enough for you to get 1HKO'd before you get the second hit off.

This only happens against 9 unit if you're running L&D, and 0 units if you're running Fury. (Yeah, if you have Fury 3, being above or below desperation threshold literally doesn't matter, you'll always get your hits off in your winning match-ups.)

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

At base, Henry is kind of underwhelming, with amazing defense and HP for a mage, but terrible speed and attack. You can use him as a tank against physical green and grey units, but he won't be dealing that much damage in return. However, if you give him Triangle Adept, he becomes absurdly tanky against units he has WTA against, taking only 1 damage from +Atk Hector and 7 damage a hit from +Atk Julia. From there, you can keep G Tomebreaker to make up for his lack of speed and average Res to help deal with green mages. And I wonder if  Quick Riposte might not be quite good on him, since it could make him an even better enemy phase units that can bait ranged green and grey units before either killing or severely damaging them. 

Okay...let's try this again. Sorry, but I think I had completely bypassed this thread when looking for a similar topic.

I can't post screencaps due to file limits, but my current Arena team is Hector, Priscilla, Jaffar, and Easter!Camilla. Camilla I essentially turned into a tome-toting version of her standard self. I'm trying to make an All-occasions kind of team, or at least units that I'm capable of swapping around for versatility on the battlefield. And for Theme teams.

Units I can promote up to 5* are: Priscilla, Alfonse, Cain, Wendy, Reinhardt, Ursula, Frederick, Narcian, Cecilia, Kagero, Sharena, Eliwood, Adult Tiki, Nowi and Michalis.

Opinions?

5 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Okay...let's try this again. Sorry, but I think I had completely bypassed this thread when looking for a similar topic.

I can't post screencaps due to file limits, but my current Arena team is Hector, Priscilla, Jaffar, and Easter!Camilla. Camilla I essentially turned into a tome-toting version of her standard self. I'm trying to make an All-occasions kind of team, or at least units that I'm capable of swapping around for versatility on the battlefield. And for Theme teams.

Units I can promote up to 5* are: Priscilla, Alfonse, Cain, Wendy, Reinhardt, Ursula, Frederick, Narcian, Cecilia, Kagero, Sharena, Eliwood, Adult Tiki, Nowi and Michalis.

Opinions?

Just use imgur or another image site to link images. Reinhardt, Kagero, and Nowi are probably the best options for general use---Kagero and Reinhardt have very good coverage, and Nowi has high BST, easy distant counter access, & is the right color to fight Falchion.

5 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Opinions?

Do you have any other 5 stars besides jaffar, camilla and Hector? Right now your best bet is Adult tiki for green coverage. Also Nowi can work well with Hector for double distant counter.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Do you have any other 5 stars besides jaffar, camilla and Hector? Right now your best bet is Adult tiki for green coverage. Also Nowi can work well with Hector for double distant counter.

I usually use Seliph or Roy as my sword user. Lilina's usually my Knight-nuker, and I have Tiki from the very first banner.

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I usually use Seliph or Roy as my sword user. Lilina's usually my Knight-nuker, and I have Tiki from the very first banner.

Seliph and Roy are pretty okay sword users. You need a blue person so this way you can deal with reds easy. I'd go with either Nowi or Sharena. Nowi so this way on your next promotion you can promote adult tiki and give lightning breath+ to Young Tiki for triple distant counter along with Hector.

Sharena because she's good at buffing and with speed+3 she's pretty fast for a spear.

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Seliph and Roy are pretty okay sword users. You need a blue person so this way you can deal with reds easy. I'd go with either Nowi or Sharena. Nowi so this way on your next promotion you can promote adult tiki and give lightning breath+ to Young Tiki for triple distant counter along with Hector.

Sharena because she's good at buffing and with speed+3 she's pretty fast for a spear.

I was thinking about passing on Lightning breath+, but wasn't sure due to how hard it is to get feathers. I'll wait until I get 40k before I actually promote either dragon, but it's definitely a sound idea. Thanks. :)

43 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Opinions?

Your best choice looks like Nowi ATM.  For reds, there's always Olivia.  Regardless, Priscilla needs to go - you have three people who attack from a distance, and that makes things needlessly complicated.

@silverserpent I would definitely pick Nowi to promote of the options you listed, replacing Priscilla. 

Two of your main units, Hector and Easter Camilla, are green, so you want a blue unit to kill reds. But even without taking that into consideration, Nowi is a fantastic unit, especially after skill inheritance. First off, she has innate Distant Counter, which is quite good in and of itself. Triangle Adept fixes her Falchion problem and allows her to OHKO most reds (or come close), and Swordbreaker/R Tomebreaker/Quick Riposte are all good B-slot options to help her fix her speed. Adding onto this is her naturally high BST as a dragon, which further boosts your Arena score, and you have yourself an incredibly solid and versatile unit. 

Ninian vs. Azura for Blue dancer. Ninian has much easier access to Distant Counter but is deathly afraid of anti dragon equipment. Azura is basically immune to reds. Anything else, and any example builds?

I have like 4 (three star, but could upgrade them as needed) Donnels. Any key units (or type of units) that might like what he offers? I know vanilla brave lance generally isn't worth it and HP+ is at best filler, but what Drag Back & Reciprocal Aid? Or are those just too niche?

7 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Ninian vs. Azura for Blue dancer. Ninian has much easier access to Distant Counter but is deathly afraid of anti dragon equipment. Azura is basically immune to reds. Anything else, and any example builds?

Triangle Adept Ninian avoids being one-round killed by Falchions except for Lucina with Fury or Life and Death. With the exception of Falchions, Ninian has more HP and Def than Azura, but is stuck with abysmally low Atk.

Ninian typically runs a breath of your choice (Lightning Breath+ for innate Distant Counter, Dark Breath+ for support, Light Breath+ for budget), Triangle Adept (increased bulk and resistance to Falchions) or Fury (general bulk and rating boost), and one of Escape Route (budget), Wings of Mercy (teleportation), Swordbreaker (prevents one-round kills from all Falchions and one-round kills them back), or Quick Riposte (one-round kills on various red units, including Tharja).

I don't use Azura in the arena and haven't run calcs, but she'd probably run a similar set with something other than Triangle Adept for her passive A skill (obviously).

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

I have like 4 (three star, but could upgrade them as needed) Donnels. Any key units (or type of units) that might like what he offers? I know vanilla brave lance generally isn't worth it and HP+ is at best filler, but what Drag Back & Reciprocal Aid? Or are those just too niche?

Reciprocal Aid is commonly used by units running Desperation to safely reach Desperation activation range.

Drag Back is very situational and is mostly for screwing with people on an arena defense team.

Just now, Suichimo said:

With Triangle Adept, Ninian doesn't really fear Falchions, honestly. Julia can OHKO you, but then again she OHKOs Azura too. The differences between the two are fairly minor, but in short: Ninian is tankier while Azura is more offensive. Ninian covers more options with access to Lightning Breath, but Azura is more likely to kill the units that she can hit (well, red ones anyways). Also Ninian deals magic damage while Azura deals physical. As for example builds:

Ninian

• Weapon: Lightning Breath+
  • Assist: Dance
  • Special: Escutcheon 
  • A-slot: Triangle Adept
  • B-slot: Wings of Mercy/Escape Route 
  • C-slot: Hone/Fortify ____

Azura

• Weapon: Sapphire Lance+
  • Assist: Sing
  • Special: Iceberg
  • A-slot: Fury
  • B-slot: Wings of Mercy/Escape Route
  • C-slot: Hone/Fortify ____

As a disclaimer, I don't claim to be any kind of expert on the game. These are simply skillsets that I personally like on these characters, so take everything with a grain of salt. 

Weapons and assists are pretty self-explanatory.

For specials, I personally prefer a more defensive special on Ninian since she isn't particularly offensive either way (and I prefer Escutcheon over Sacred Cowl since her high res lets her shrug off all red magic damage with Triangle Adept anyways). For Azura, on the other hand, I prefer a more offensive special since she has the attack to pull it off. Iceberg is her most damage-oriented choice, allowing her to OHKO or ORKO every neutral red in the game except Zephiel (and that's because of Wary Fighter) when it's up. Moonbow is, of course, another option for the shorter cooldown, but I still prefer Iceberg. 

Ninian needs Triangle Adept for her A-slot to help her against Falchions, but Azura has a free A-slot. Her natural Spd +3 is already quite good, but you can take Fury to boost her offense and defense. 

I personally favor a teleporting B-skill on both dancers since the utility offered is amazing and hard to pass up. However, you're free to go with a more defensive special on Ninian, like Renewal, or a more offensive one, like Swordbreaker or Quick Riposte. Likewise, I'd recommend Wings of Mercy on Azura, but you can go with an option like Lancebreaker or B Tomebreaker if you want to help her secure more KOs if that's what you want to do.

For the C-slot, just go with whatever aura your team needs. I personally favor either Hone Atk or Hone Spd, but just pick whatever stat boost your team needs most.

Anyways, that was a lot of information, but I hope that helped!

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

With Triangle Adept, Ninian doesn't really fear Falchions, honestly. Julia can OHKO you, but then again she OHKOs Azura too. The differences between the two are fairly minor, but in short: Ninian is tankier while Azura is more offensive. Ninian covers more options with access to Lightning Breath, but Azura is more likely to kill the units that she can hit (well, red ones anyways). Also Ninian deals magic damage while Azura deals physical. As for example builds:

@Suichimo With T-Adept, =Speed natured Marth and Lucina with L&D or Swift Sparrow 1RKO Ninian (Lucina is more dangerous, since Fury 2 is enough for her to double and 1RKO).

Ninian needs to run sword-breaker as well if you want to use her as Falchion check.

Ironically, Fury 3 is the safer build against Falchion users, mostly because it means only Lucina would be able to double with = speed for lethal, and only if it's L&D 3. The A-slot being the stat slot as well as the T-Adept slot hurts Ninan compared to Azura because of that.

Also, Lucina is so strong that with a Dragon Fang proc she can force her way through Azura as well for a 1RKO, but at least Azura can kill if the special isn't charged up.

Edited by DehNutCase

3 hours ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

Congrats, you found it.

Huh, I did use this thread b4, but I figure we had thread for that specific topic.

Anyways I can't decide on who I should upgrade Cordelia, Chrom, A-Tiki, Gunther, F-Corrin, Tiki, Sharena, Anna or Kagero?

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Anyways I can't decide on who I should upgrade Cordelia, Chrom, A-Tiki, Gunther, F-Corrin, Tiki, Sharena, Anna or Kagero?

Depends on the rest of your team.

I'm always suggesting Sharena because she's an excellent lancer, quick, strong, and relatively sturdy. And she's adorable.