Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

After seeing Ana, I wanted to see if I could get a new high score myself

GZmNUBP.png

@MrSmokestack @GuiltyLove new high score!

No score hunting either

This is gonna be my new arena core

Also fun fact, in terms of BST, a 5 star +4 Olivia is the same as a 4 star +10 Olivia

The current units (bar Cecilia) in that pic are in my new Arena core

How many merges is your Nino?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took so long but finally I got my deathless streak of 4880. I really underestimated Sigurd's speed, while he's not fast enough to double he can easily get in the range to not get doubled by Tana which is problematic. 

I'm going to go on a rant here: it's frustrating how I can get defense wins one week, and absolutely none the next. I tend to assume it's mostly due to the map rotation for that week, but I also find it hard to relax until I have one. Last week, for example, I immediately received a win in less than an hour after it started with a team of Cecilia, Xander, Reinhardt, and Brave Lyn. Since I don't like to run cavalry teams for defense any more than necessary, I started experimenting with other compositions to see what may work in the future. Even a team that consisted of the Black Knight, a halfway-built Effie and Sheena, and Young Tiki (using both a level 2 and level 40 version at different times) netted me multiple wins when I tested them out. Hell, even my lone Reinhardt often gets me low point wins from people who aren't paying attention at the outset of their daily Arena Assault quests. I had so many by the end of the week that I couldn't even see some of the players I had won against.

This week, however, none of those compositions have gotten me anything. I let each of them run for at least a couple of days, then switch to a different one. This morning I decided to try Deirdre, Ayra, Delthea, and Elincia (with the new Guidance seal), but it hasn't looked promising so far. I'm aware that the meta is largely dominated by blues, but even fielding a mostly blue and green team doesn't usually yield good results for me. I would greatly appreciate it if they would allow us to see information about our defenses, namely how many people are actually fighting us, because sometimes I wonder if I'm unlucky and not being queued against enough players. I have a lot of feathers (136,000 right now), but I like to hold on to them to promote and give optimal skills to multiple characters I like instead of merging just a handful. I hate thinking that I need to put all of them into +10ing a unit or two to make sure I'm being fought by players who will actually lose to me.

Edited by Nóatún

50 minutes ago, Nóatún said:

I'm going to go on a rant here: it's frustrating how I can get defense wins one week, and absolutely none the next. I tend to assume it's mostly due to the map rotation for that week, but I also find it hard to relax until I have one. Last week, for example, I immediately received a win in less than an hour after it started with a team of Cecilia, Xander, Reinhardt, and Brave Lyn. Since I don't like to run cavalry teams for defense any more than necessary, I started experimenting with other compositions to see what may work in the future. Even a team that consisted of the Black Knight, a halfway-built Effie and Sheena, and Young Tiki (using both a level 2 and level 40 version at different times) netted me multiple wins when I tested them out. Hell, even my lone Reinhardt often gets me low point wins from people who aren't paying attention at the outset of their daily Arena Assault quests. I had so many by the end of the week that I couldn't even see some of the players I had won against.

This week, however, none of those compositions have gotten me anything. I let each of them run for at least a couple of days, then switch to a different one. This morning I decided to try Deirdre, Ayra, Delthea, and Elincia (with the new Guidance seal), but it hasn't looked promising so far. I'm aware that the meta is largely dominated by blues, but even fielding a mostly blue and green team doesn't usually yield good results for me. I would greatly appreciate it if they would allow us to see information about our defenses, namely how many people are actually fighting us, because sometimes I wonder if I'm unlucky and not being queued against enough players. I have a lot of feathers (136,000 right now), but I like to hold on to them to promote and give optimal skills to multiple characters I like instead of merging just a handful. I hate thinking that I need to put all of them into +10ing a unit or two to make sure I'm being fought by players who will actually lose to me.

This week my first defense win came later as usual. I switched the lead even if my team is now very reddish: 

Elincia +0, PA!Azura +0, Sigurd +0 and BK +0 gave me 4 wins (score 586) in little more than one day now. 

Anyway it could have been sheer luck, next week will be the same gamble ... 

(Btw: I also don't promote to merge. I also doubt it would help to get defense wins) 

20 hours ago, Arcanite said:

After seeing Ana, I wanted to see if I could get a new high score myself

GZmNUBP.png

@MrSmokestack @GuiltyLove new high score!

No score hunting either

This is gonna be my new arena core

Also fun fact, in terms of BST, a 5 star +4 Olivia is the same as a 4 star +10 Olivia

The current units (bar Cecilia) in that pic are in my new Arena core

ur too good

I don't think I can get that score D:

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

ur too good

I don't think I can get that score D:

I think you could

It's just a bunch of expensive skills and stuff~ Catria is +3 already, and she isn't a mage so that's a bonus. just summon 3 more Elincias and merge away!

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Is this the part where I ask how many you have and how high you scored for the season?

I have one, and while my score is 4834, it doesn’t matter because it’s not enough to stay in tier 20 (and neither is yours).

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I have one, and while my score is 4834, it doesn’t matter because it’s not enough to stay in tier 20 (and neither is yours).

>20 points less

I still don't have a Def win smh...

Might just do the bonus unit strat

ALSO

PSA

If you cannot get a def win every season, you can set your bonus unit on a team by themselves and that gives you a guaranteed 286-290-ish Def win easy peasy

Then you can switch to another team for a 576+ score

That strat got me some clean easy feathers for free sometimes, when I couldn't get a higher one.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

>20 points less

I still don't have a Def win smh...

Might just do the bonus unit strat

ALSO

PSA

If you cannot get a def win every season, you can set your bonus unit on a team by themselves and that gives you a guaranteed 286-290-ish Def win easy peasy

Then you can switch to another team for a 576+ score

That strat got me some clean easy feathers for free sometimes, when I couldn't get a higher one.

What?  Why, how?  Is it people going into Arena with just one unit?  I didn't know there were tons of people doing that.

I've been running Nowi+4, B!Ike, Nino+3, and Y!Tiki+1 which has gotten me a score of 4936 this week. Last week, I tried setting them as my defense team as well after not getting one for a long time and to my surprise, ended up with multiple wins within a day. I didn't expect a Triangle Adept Blue and two greens to work so well. And I wouldn't think they were people looking to give a free win because of the number of them.

Hopefully the mid-November banner features a blue and green that are good so that I can hopefully add more merges instead. And I still need to decide on a  red unit to merge to +10 in the long term.

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What?  Why, how?  Is it people going into Arena with just one unit?  I didn't know there were tons of people doing that.

there isn't a ton of people

I just have secret knowledge.... hee hee hee

But yeah it totally works. I think it's because people go in with one unit themselves or they just surrender when they see you? I dont even know XD

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

But yeah it totally works. I think it's because people go in with one unit themselves or they just surrender when they see you? I dont even know XD

Is it those people who only have 1 unit for Arena Assaults?

I keep seeing a weaponless 5 star Ursula and Azama in the Easy Arena Assaults.

Or is this a bait post for easy wins

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I think I may know why.  ;):  I go in with 1 unit at the start of my daily AA runs for the quests.  I'm usually zoned out when I do it, so occasionally I'll accidentally select an opponent that gives me a weapon triangle disadvantage.  

5 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I think I may know why.  ;):  I go in with 1 unit at the start of my daily AA runs for the quests.  I'm usually zoned out when I do it, so occasionally I'll accidentally select an opponent that gives me a weapon triangle disadvantage.  

That makes sense. Reminds me of my earlier AA where I put Brave Lance Clive vs a single Klein. Too bad Clive couldn't kill Klein (left with 1 HP, underestimated the loss in power on the Brave Lance and the extra hit charged up his Glacies) and I was wiped out on Battle no. 1.

Anyway so I decided to test out Arcanite's theory with using a 4 star Laslow at lv 40 as my defense 'team'. I got a win a few hours later from a person named "Danceless"....maybe my Laslow hit a nerve that he couldn't summon Inigo just like me ? 

Doing some more tests, so far no extra defense wins on my main account.

@Arcanite saving lives with his advice :D

edit: also okay whoa, I've seen multiple level 40 weaponless Ursulas multiple times in one Arena Assault easy run. Is this a thing for others as well? They're all different names, and at least one was 5 star so...it's just strange. 4 out of 7 battles!

Edited by mcsilas

6 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Yeah that's probably it

AA cheesiness strats lol 

@mcsilas You're welcome, friend

@Vaximillian just got a 574 defense win

#GetOnMyLevel

Yeesh. Is it just me or has the Arena just been...awful? A few weeks ago it was bad, but like...these past few seasons have been particularly painful. Maybe I just suck at this. XD But so many people are running Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Brave Lyn. Brave Lyn hasn't been such an issue because a lot of people seem to be running a Brave Bow build on her which is far more manageable than her normal kit. But even when I used a team with a lower BST, and it didn't get any better. It's a good thing I have a large stack of dueling crests saved up or else I'd be pretty screwed.

I ended up running Merric+5, PA!Azura+1, Young Tiki+1, and Reinhardt+1, and they got me a score of 4890. I had been using Nowi, but I switched to Rein just to have someone I know will get the job done. IDK who I'm going to use as a bonus unit for next season. 

We'll likely get Hana, Felicia, and Anna in addition to the bonus units. I may end up promoting Anna finally. Maybe I'll get lucky and another one of the random bonus units will be one I have built already.