Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Even if it looks like whoever wins in Ephraim vs. Chrom will lose to Lucina anyway, do note that both Fates siblings were knocked out in the first round. Even Leo, the most popular male character of Fates. Obviously, this is not so much new vs. old but Awakening vs. everything else.

To be honest, Chrom might have had a chance. Mostly since Chrom's supporters are probably casual Awakeners and Ephraim/Eirika's are more likely to be long-time fans that'd rather join Chrom than see Lucina on the throne. With their combined numbers, it miiiight have been possible. Although now, most of Chrom's numbers are probably heading Lucina's way and both Chrom/Ephraim blew way too many flags to oppose the massive stockpile Lucina probably has in store. Still, I think it's fine this way, since we saw an awesome match right up to the end, and victory against Lucina was an unlikely prospect from the start. Team Ephraim definitely deserved their win here with all that effort.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is more that just looking at the results of this gauntlet, the popularity of Fates or individual Fates characters seems to not be as strong as the popularity of Awakening, or Lucina and Chrom at the very least. Keep in mind that Leo is technically the favorite male character of Fates.

I am going to say this to the Chroms since I haven't already. Good Game: You certainly put up a good fight, and ours was the most climatic battle. You certainly had a good team, and I hope that this type of battle happens again. Until then, Chrom players.

I bet you Camilla would've given Lucina a fight though. People like her boobs and panties too much. Also, Chrom was ahead of Ephraim in the male Heroes poll. Food for thought.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

My point is more that just looking at the results of this gauntlet, the popularity of Fates or individual Fates characters seems to not be as strong as the popularity of Awakening, or Lucina and Chrom at the very least. Keep in mind that Leo is technically the favorite male character of Fates.

Makes sense, Awakening as a whole got more votes than any other game in the Choose Your Legend poll.

Well I will say this for Team Ephraim should we win (and it's looking like it so far vs Chrom) we had the most closest match ups out of all of the others in this Voting Gauntlet and I think that's something we can be proud of instead of winning so vastly easily like Team Lucina with all due respect to them and congrats to their team for being the very likely winner for this event.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I bet you Camilla would've given Lucina a fight though. People like her boobs and panties too much.

You should be saying that to Tharja...

2 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Well I will say this for Team Ephraim should we win (and it's looking like it so far vs Chrom) we had the most closest match ups out of all of the others in this Voting Gauntlet and I think that's something we can be proud of instead of winning so vastly easily like Team Lucina with all due respect to them and congrats to their team for being the very likely winner for this event.

Yeah, I agree with this! We fought our butts off for this!

EDIT: Tharja isn't from Fates...

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I bet you Camilla would've given Lucina a fight though. People like her boobs and panties too much.

Eh, Lucina trashed her in the previous poll. There was really no contest between the top three over all and the rest.

This match up was really, really close. I was on edge every time I opened the app, eager to see who was in the lead by a couple of million. At any rate, while the game looks to be set for Team Ephraim, I truly commend those loyal to Team Chrom. You guys were putting in nothing but the finest of oppositions.

Oh wait nevermind. I thought it would end already. There's an hour left...

EDIT: Also, didn't know that you were talking only characters from Fates

Edited by Falcom

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Eh, Lucina trashed her in the previous poll. There was really no contest between the top three over all and the rest.

And like I said, Chrom had beaten Ephraim in that poll and he's losing now. So the Heroes poll results don't matter THAT much.

By the way, I didn't give Ephraim a vote in that poll. But I'm supporting him now. So you have to factor in people who didn't actually vote for these characters, but like them enough to support them here.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

And like I said, Chrom had beaten Ephraim in that poll and he's losing now. So the Heroes poll results don't matter THAT much.

Fair point, but a lot of people who voted for Chrom very likely voted for Lucina too, and here we can't do both (unless one of them loses).

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, its not a popularity poll. Although that is an element. I am glad. Go Ephraim and Eirkia!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I suppose there are lots of things to consider here.

Oh, looks like I can battle two more times. lol oops. XD I'll try to make these count though!

I will say that I do have concerns over Camilla if they did the Wyvern Riders vs. Pegasus Knights gauntlet that I suggested.

I'll be both genuinely surprised and happy if Chrom pulls a SUPER SAIYAN CHROM and wins in the end. However, I think that's it for Chrom and he did a good job. Just second evidence that Women Emblem wins whoo. After all, female units have been the best in both the gameplay and popularity aspect.

If Chrom loses then I'll back up his daughter to avenge his father and end Grima!Ephraim once and for all. Wait for the Lucina STOMP!

Welp, I managed to squeeze in time and went all in. 102,000 points for Lord Ephraim and possibly more if I can sneak in a few more sessions. As long as Chrom doesn't pull a last second miracle, I think Ephraim's got it in the bag. GG everyone, it was fun while it lasted!

Watch Chrom somehow still win lol.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I will say that I do have concerns over Camilla if they did the Wyvern Riders vs. Pegasus Knights gauntlet that I suggested.

Yeah, same here... I'd have a hard time picking who to support there though. I love Elincia, but I love Marcia and Jill too... Well, if they're in the game and picked for that gauntlet.

I want a buff/muscles gauntlet! RD Ike vs Ogma vs Hawkeye vs Deke vs Rinkah vs Mask Guy vs two more muscle people! :P Though Ike would most probably win...lol I just think it'd be a funny idea, really!

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

I'll be both genuinely surprised and happy if Chrom pulls a SUPER SAIYAN CHROM and wins in the end. However, I think that's it for Chrom and he did a good job. Just second evidence that Women Emblem wins whoo. After all, female units have been the best in both the gameplay and popularity aspect.

If Chrom loses then I'll back up his daughter to avenge his father and end Grima!Ephraim once and for all. Wait for the Lucina STOMP!

You plan to join the side that has a huge army like an EVIL person would have? XD you have been corrupted by the lucina thats a bigger evil then grima XD

:jk: but regardless its your choice who you choose to pick.

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

First off, the "Lucina stomp" has been assured, and second, once and for all: are you saying that we powerhouses it though Leo and Chrom? Because I happened to be on both battles, and it was nowhere near Grima-like.

(Not disrespectful, but nowhere near Grima)

Edited by InigoPadalin