Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

9 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Enough Catrias to +7, not enough fodder to level 3 Savage Blow. I'm mildly triggered right now.

My biggest question is... do you really NEED 44 speed? That's a ridiculously high speed tier, surely you can run a Brave Lance or something, drop to 39 (or 40 with L&D 3) and still double everything you need to double while opening up some more kill potential due to quadruples (and the fact that you hit twice before the counter attack). BLance+ is bad for BST, of course, but apparently weapons won't count BST wise in April.

I mean, I'm pretty sure speed demons like Linde etc. still die to a brave lance double even though they're too fast to quadruple.

The draw back + dancer cheese sounds interesting, since that gets you out of range of even 2 range units behind the guy you just murdered---if you can get +4 attack somewhere else, or don't need it for anything specific, I say go for it. (I have a feeling AI will do idiotic things with it on defense, though : /)

the dancer with drawback wouldnt be for defense xD ai would be too stupid to do that lul and i thought about brave lance and reason i have savage blow 2 is because my sp was running low after buying a bunch of other skills. brave lance wouldnt be as effective in that catria wouldnt have the damage output once im fighting more +6 and +7 units she will need that speed. also killing lance lets her use her special on first round whereas brave lance wouldnt however i can see why brave lance would be viable.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

The question is who gets Iote's on my peg-only team! I'm guessing Catria (she seems the offensive one), though I haven't checked the skill letters yet.

iotes sheild wouldnt work on catria as life and death would be better on her tbh. if it is a b skill i might use it instead of dragback.

3 minutes ago, Shiro said:

iotes sheild wouldnt work on catria as life and death would be better on her tbh. if it is a b skill i might use it instead of dragback.

Iotes is an A skill so it's either life and death or the shield.

Don't double post BTW otherwise eclipse will give you the warning points!

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Iotes is an A skill so it's either life and death or the shield.

Don't double post BTW otherwise eclipse will give you the warning points!

oh ok thanks for telling me never read rules for chats and such :3

Juggling with some sets for Nowi... I'd like her to fill the role of physical tank, and perhaps make her viable to bait and soften up Takumi, so throwing some ideas here because it's been 3,000 years since school and I can't do proper math.

Nowi (+Def -Spd)

Lighting Breath+ | Rally Defense | Bonfire (or Noontime for self-sustain?)
A: Def +3 | B: Bowbreaker 3 | C: Threaten Res 3

Lighting Breath+ | Swap | Noontime
A: HP +5 | B: Quick Riposte 3 | C: Threaten Res 3

The first one is more cost-efficient, but I could do the second one if it's better at getting the job done.

1 minute ago, mochibird said:

Juggling with some sets for Nowi... I'd like her to fill the role of physical tank, and perhaps make her viable to bait and soften up Takumi, so throwing some ideas here because it's been 3,000 years since school and I can't do proper math.

Nowi 2-hit kills Takumi. So if by "soften up Takumi" you mean "reduce Takumi to cinders"...

Any recommendation on what to replace Reinhardt's Vantage with?

Can't really think anything good for him. Since I'll be giving him Death Blow (aka ORK a lot of things), Seal skills would be a bit less useful on him. Quick Riposte and Breaker skills?

Edited by pianime94

1 minute ago, pianime94 said:

Can't really think anything good for him. Since I'll be giving him Death Blow (aka ORK a lot of things), Seal skills would be a bit less useful on him. Quick Riposte and Breaker skills?

Quick Riposte is weak on units with brave weapons, since the attacks aren't consecutive.

Vantage is great on Reinhardt as it is, though, so I wouldn't touch that slot unless you want a breaker for a weapon type you struggle against.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Quick Riposte is weak on units with brave weapons, since the attacks aren't consecutive.

Vantage is great on Reinhardt as it is, though, so I wouldn't touch that slot unless you want a breaker for a weapon type you struggle against.

Oh, no, Quick Riposte allows you to double back when being attacked regardless of speed.

I kinda agree with you. The fact that I'm having difficulty deciding what to give him another B skill is probably a testament of him being such a great unit.

Just now, pianime94 said:

Oh, no, Quick Riposte allows you to double back when being attacked regardless of speed.

I am aware Quick Riposte guarantees a follow-up attack, but when a Brave weapon user has it he makes his attacks one at a time. If he is doubled and in danger of getting KO'd, Quick Riposte will not affect the outcome as he will only attack once.

Reinhardt gets attacked by Linde. Let's pretend Linde can one round him. She attacks, he gets hit. He hits her once. She attacks again and KO's him. If he survived this hit, then he would attack again.

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nowi 2-hit kills Takumi. So if by "soften up Takumi" you mean "reduce Takumi to cinders"...

I sort of have low expectations on Nowi, but if you put it like that... *cough*

40 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Roasted pineapples are delicious. Or are they?

Nowi would probably enjoy candied pineapples, I think.

Ooooh. Okay. Here's something. 

I've got a 4* Shanna who can give Desperation 3, and also a Matthew (Reciprocal Aid) and several Florinas (Arden Sacrifice).... I'm sensing a potent combo here. Question is who to give it to-- I'm thinking probably Nino (Speed+), since she's relatively fragile and can probably kill a lot more things she wouldn't be able to take a hit from otherwise at range... Might even be able to take out Takumi with appropriate buffs and whatnot.

I've also got a Kagero whose proc I don't want to swap out though, and I'm thinking one of those skills could be good for her to fuel Reprisal more safely and whatnot. I think the ideal thing would be Ardent Sacrifice for Nino and Reciprocal Aid for Kagero...? Although... a single RA Ardent Sac would safely put Nino in range of Desperation so maybe vice versa of that...?? 

Is this good? It seems it but IDK man.

Edited by BANRYU

I've been too busy to touch skill inheritance, but I hear Triangle Adept male Robin is the best (and "easiest" to acquire) Takumi counter at the moment?

I do have a +Spd Robin and a 5* Roy that he can inherit from. Seems like a waste to sacrifice Roy like that though... Maybe wait until I pull a 4* version? Then again, I do have two Roys (which I stopped using because they have not-so-good stats).

So far, Kagero is what I've been using, but she's not great at taking hits. She can usually handle Takumi, but Klein keeps killing her >___<

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I've been too busy to touch skill inheritance, but I hear Triangle Adept male Robin is the best (and "easiest" to acquire) Takumi counter at the moment?

I do have a +Spd Robin and a 5* Roy that he can inherit from. Seems like a waste to sacrifice Roy like that though... Maybe wait until I pull a 4* version? Then again, I do have two Roys (which I stopped using because they have not-so-good stats).

So far, Kagero is what I've been using, but she's not great at taking hits. She can usually handle Takumi, but Klein keeps killing her >___<

That's arguably the best Anti-Takumi & Anti-Kagero, really. IMO you should DeathBlow or Fury her, since the damage is amplified nicely.

I've mostly been using skill inheritance to make my arena team better... I've actually been getting some pretty good pulls lately, but I did manage to slap some B skills from trash units on a few just because nobody had them previously. I gave my Lucina Obstruct (since she takes point more often than not), my Hinoka Pass (because why not have more mobility?), and my Julia Renewal (since she's the squishiest in my party.)

I know I can do better builds... but since I'm approaching Heroes with the Pokemon philosophy, I'm only sacrificing units I don't need for the sake of inheritance.

6 hours ago, Shiro said:

Yo don't double post!

5 hours ago, pianime94 said:

You can either have him teleport around with Wings of Mercy/Escape Route, or Bowbreaker (since he absolutely does NOT want to be doubled by them, and he's bulky enough to take a single hit).

EDIT: Running some quick numbers reveals the following, assuming neutral Reinhardt and Bowbreaker:

- The only archers that won't drop him down to half-health are Rebecca, Niles, and Setsuna.
- The only ones that'll survive the ensuing 41 MT to their face (twice) is Rebecca, Niles, and Jeorge.

The tl;dr is that if you want to use Bowbreaker, it might not be a bad idea to slap Defiant Atk on him, since Rebecca/NIles aren't that popular.

4 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Ooooh. Okay. Here's something. 

I've got a 4* Shanna who can give Desperation 3, and also a Matthew (Reciprocal Aid) and several Florinas (Arden Sacrifice).... I'm sensing a potent combo here. Question is who to give it to-- I'm thinking probably Nino (Speed+), since she's relatively fragile and can probably kill a lot more things she wouldn't be able to take a hit from otherwise at range... Might even be able to take out Takumi with appropriate buffs and whatnot.

I've also got a Kagero whose proc I don't want to swap out though, and I'm thinking one of those skills could be good for her to fuel Reprisal more safely and whatnot. I think the ideal thing would be Ardent Sacrifice for Nino and Reciprocal Aid for Kagero...? Although... a single RA Ardent Sac would safely put Nino in range of Desperation so maybe vice versa of that...?? 

Is this good? It seems it but IDK man.

Nino - Yeah, Ardent Sacrifice.  Though she really wants to be under half health for a Defiant skill instead.
Kagero - If you're going that route, give her Defiant Atk over Warding Blow.

51 minutes ago, Nazarre said:

I've mostly been using skill inheritance to make my arena team better... I've actually been getting some pretty good pulls lately, but I did manage to slap some B skills from trash units on a few just because nobody had them previously. I gave my Lucina Obstruct (since she takes point more often than not), my Hinoka Pass (because why not have more mobility?), and my Julia Renewal (since she's the squishiest in my party.)

I know I can do better builds... but since I'm approaching Heroes with the Pokemon philosophy, I'm only sacrificing units I don't need for the sake of inheritance.

Never underestimate what you do and don't need.

Edited by eclipse

How to make a +Spd Tharja stronger?

Give her more attack or buff the def?

Also.. how would anyone make a stronger Saizo (just asking)

7 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

How to make a +Spd Tharja stronger?

Give her more attack or buff the def?

Also.. how would anyone make a stronger Saizo (just asking)

Throw every last buff on her, especially Rally/Hone Atk (that's +8 to her damage, per hit).

Saizo is a weirdly tanky physical unit that's also respectably fast.  I'd give a +Spd variant Kagero's Poison Dagger, have someone use Rally/Hone Speed on him, put him in Takumi's range, and call it a day.

34 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Never underestimate what you do and don't need.

What I kinda meant more of was...

If it's a hero I don't have yet, I keep it regardless of rank... or if it's one I have that's a higher rank, I keep the higher-ranked one.

If it's a hero I do have and it's the same rank, I merge them for the extra SP and level.

If it's a hero I do have and it's a lower rank, they're officially inheritance fodder now... unless they have something I can't really use.

I'm not trying to min-max any stats or get perfect skill sets on everyone... I'm mostly just focusing on my main team for the arena and the more difficult challenges with everyone else just being part of my collection. I still level everyone else, of course...

49 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Nino - Yeah, Ardent Sacrifice.  Though she really wants to be under half health for a Defiant skill instead.

Kagero - If you're going that route, give her Defiant Atk over Warding Blow.

I actually do have one spare a!Tiki who I can pass someone DA3 with, but I'd have to make that call. Between the two, I feel like Kagero is the better choice just because Nino can make better use of Desperation than most of my other units, I think, so AS + Desp for Nino and Reciprocal Aid + Defiant Attack for Kagero sounds pretty beastly tbh. 

Should I give axebreaker to Alfonse or Sanaki? I think m!Robin is the only one on my current permanent team who can't use it, but Takumi would probably want some sort of tomebreaker instead if he can get it. I'm leaning towards giving it to Alfonse, because Sanaki can only attack on player phase, and can usually take out axe users in one hit anyway, while Alfonse just falls short of 1HKOing axe users on the EP.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Should I give axebreaker to Alfonse or Sanaki? I think m!Robin is the only one on my current permanent team who can't use it, but Takumi would probably want some sort of tomebreaker instead if he can get it. I'm leaning towards giving it to Alfonse, because Sanaki can only attack on player phase, and can usually take out axe users in one hit anyway, while Alfonse just falls short of 1HKOing axe users on the EP.

I'd probably go with Alfonse. He already has quite a bit of attack, and his main issue's always been his lack of speed. Axebreaker fixes that somewhat, letting him double and ORKO any axe user (haven't done calcs to see if he can ORKO Hector though), and I think he'd appreciate it more than Sanaki, who, as you say, can usually one-shot most axe users anyways. 

EDIT: Also I just thought of something. Alfonse's main issue is that he has low speed and can't double, but he actually has a solid attack stat and innate Death Blow, yes? How good do you think Alfonse would be with Brave Sword+ as a player phase nuke? Yes, you'd be giving up his Prf weapon, but I still think it could be worth it for how much it adds to his offensive potential on player phase. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos