Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@MrSmokestack Yes, I just read the post. Won't Ignis be overkill? Which targets does she need Ignis for?
I'm pretty much spoilt by Michalis' 50 Atk.

In a hyper-offensive meta, overkill is never overkill. They proc in the same round of combat anyways, not to mention Bonfire is more in demand in terms of resource distribution. That 11-damage difference is pretty huge and I wouldn't sleep on it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

In a hyper-offensive meta, overkill is never overkill. They proc in the same round of combat anyways, not to mention Bonfire is more in demand in terms of resource distribution. That 11-damage difference is pretty huge and I wouldn't sleep on it.

Alright, one of the Robins is now reserved for the Fierce Fighter, as is the Gwendy that currently gathers dust. Thanks for advice!

@Arcanite I've updated my previous post with a bit better version of her and her skirt. Putting together these sprites is so much fun.
I want to make Titania but she is the only one in the series who wears her hair in a single, long braid. The only one!

Edited by Vaximillian

@Vaximillian @MrSmokestack So, uh, I just ran some calcs.

Interestingly, Bonfire actually nets more kills than Ignis. (Reds that Bonfire gets over Ignis are Alfonse, Chrom, Eldigan, Hinata, Laslow, Seliph, and both Tikis)

This is presumably bc Bonfire kills everything that Ignis would while also triggering in one round of combat against slower reds that don't double Oboro, like Tiki or Chrom.

*Calcs assume Oboro and her opponents are all 5* neutral, and Oboro has Killer Lance+ and QR. 

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'd have to run the calcs to be sure, but the difference between Ignis's and Bonfire's damage should be most noticeable against tankier enemies. The problem is that a good chunk of the game's tanky enemies are as slow as Oboro (27 Spd fails to double attack -Spd Oboro), causing you to miss the Ignis activation.

Considering Gwendolyn has little trouble landing one-round kills with 33 Atk and Bonfire, I don't think Oboro would have any issue landing one-round kills with 35 Atk and Bonfire.

@Vaximillian

I don't always bother doing calcs, but its Oboro so frick it (This is only against swords)

Oboro kills every sword in the game at 5 stars (on enemy phase) with (+Atk, -Spd) and Killer lance and Ignis with Quick Riposte 3 except for 

Draug, Alm, Zephiel, Eldigan and Seliph

With Bonfire she kills every sword on enemy phase except for

Alm, Draug, and Zephiel

@MaskedAmpharos Vax's Oboro is +Atk so giggity goo

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

5hcf7Hz.png

I tried to mimic her attacking artwork here.

Someday I'll put up a request for you to make something like this for me hehe.

Until I know what I want, that is.

I've been wondering, how would a hypothetical Xander + Reinhardt duo fare assuming skill inheritance to get Hone Cavalry, Death Blow on Reinhardt, etc.?

Also, at the moment, I have M!Robins with the following IVs:

• +HP/-Def (The one I currently use)
  • +Spd/-Atk
  • +HP/-Spd
  • +Res/-Def
  • +Def/-HP
  • +Res/-Spd

Is there an M!Robin that would be better than the +HP/-Def Robin that I'm currently using? If there are, I'll probably upgrade that one to 5* after taking Xander to 5*.

Also, is there a unit that synergizes well with any kind of M!Robin (preferably a green one)? I have some candidates I've been wanting to pair him up with:

• Julia (+Def/-Res 5*)
  • Camilla (+HP/-Res 5*, +Spd/-HP 5*, +HP/-Def 4*, +HP/-Spd 4*, and +Def/-HP 4*)
  • Michalis (5*)
  • Spring!Chrom (+Spd/-HP)
  • Cherche (no five stars however, but my best one is a +Atk/-HP 3* Cherche if we're doing the Brave build)
  • Nino (+Def/-Atk, so rather bad IVs, and she's a 3*)

@Folt Xander/Reinhardt would work pretty well together, honestly. Reinhardt appreciates having someone around who can kill Greens and tank for him, and I'll bet Xander will want someone who can nuke Blues and Swordbreaker Reds for him. You'll probably want Quick Riposte on Xander tho, so he can do the most damage on his counterattacks (via doubling with a 16-MT sword, so he'll probably do a sizable chunk of damage with each hit, and with Distant Counter built into Siegfried he'll always be able to counter). And maybe give Xander Moonbow (to always proc during Enemy Phase combat) or Bonfire (since I'm betting he'll have great DEF, so he'll make good use of Bonfire).

To be honest, you could probably run something like Quick Riposte & Hone Cavalry Xander, Death Blow & Fortify Cavalry Reinhardt, Hone Cavalry Green Horse (I have Frederick for this, and he has Fortify Cavalry at the moment, but you could run someone else), and the last slot depends on who you need/who's a bonus unit in the Arena this season.

As for your M!Robins... I would say +DEF/-HP might be a little better than +HP/-DEF... but I dunno for sure.

And for units that synergize with the M!Robin I recommended... I would say Julia (I thought +DEF/-RES would be bad, but it's actually pretty alright) is the best bet since she's gonna be pretty strong with Naga (and she murders Nowi/F!Corrin/Ninian), though you'll still want to keep her away from physical attackers even with +DEF, or Spring!Chrom (fairly good all-around unit, if you can keep him away from mages) or Cherche (gonna get doubled a lot, but she should be pretty effective with a Brave Axe, just bring someone with Reposition to rescue her from being attacked) if you need a physical unit instead of a magical one.

Hope this helps, mate.

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Folt Xander/Reinhardt would work pretty well together, honestly. Reinhardt appreciates having someone around who can kill Greens and tank for him, and I'll bet Xander will want someone who can nuke Blues and Swordbreaker Reds for him. You'll probably want Quick Riposte on Xander tho, so he can do the most damage on his counterattacks (via doubling with a 16-MT sword, so he'll probably do a sizable chunk of damage with each hit, and with Distant Counter built into Siegfried he'll always be able to counter). And maybe give Xander Moonbow (to always proc during Enemy Phase combat) or Bonfire (since I'm betting he'll have great DEF, so he'll make good use of Bonfire).

To be honest, you could probably run something like Quick Riposte & Hone Cavalry Xander, Death Blow & Fortify Cavalry Reinhardt, Hone Cavalry Green Horse (I have Frederick for this, and he has Fortify Cavalry at the moment, but you could run someone else), and the last slot depends on who you need/who's a bonus unit in the Arena this season.

As for your M!Robins... I would say +DEF/-HP might be a little better than +HP/-DEF... but I dunno for sure.

And for units that synergize with the M!Robin I recommended... I would say Julia (I thought +DEF/-RES would be bad, but it's actually pretty alright) is the best bet since she's gonna be pretty strong with Naga (and she murders Nowi/F!Corrin/Ninian), though you'll still want to keep her away from physical attackers even with +DEF, or Spring!Chrom (fairly good all-around unit, if you can keep him away from mages) or Cherche (gonna get doubled a lot, but she should be pretty effective with a Brave Axe, just bring someone with Reposition to rescue her from being attacked) if you need a physical unit instead of a magical one.

Hope this helps, mate.

Good. That's a 3* Robin so I'll have to spend feathers to get him up. Until then, +HP/-DEF Robin will suffice, and thanks to the update, I'll get to keep all the skills I have on my M!Robin already.

I also have Reposition on my M!Robin. I really like that skill since sometimes I just send a ranged unit to hit a direct-attack unit, then reposition them out of reach (mostly in terms of swordies though). I've had some laughs with that using Leo to Brynhildr some poor sap, then reposition him out of danger.

Heyyyy yall sorry I haven't been as active in here lately.

So my wife pulled me a second, this time 5*, Tharja lmao (Tharja loves her apparently; she knows the true avatar of grima when she sees her I guess). So now I've got a Atk+/Spd- and Spd+/Res- Tharja to work with-- I been training up the +Spd one to use with a LaD+Desp build but now I'm wondering if maybe -Spd might be decent for like a tanky Distant Counter build if I can ever manage to pull that... or if the +Spd one would work okay for that.

In fact, WOULD +Atk/-Spd be good for anything or I'm assuming she just wants her offensive stats at least intact...? She might only be good for Raudrblade fodder at this point (in which case I have to decide which of my darkies gets it lmao... Leaning toward Henry but... Sophia's higher on my to-do list... hmm~)

15 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

5hcf7Hz.png

Ohh that's cool.

I should do some of these haha... I was focused on photoshopping new ones and forgot that I can also pose/assemble the regular units as well. 

EDIT: Dude @Vaximillian should we open like a sprite assembly request thread or something....??

Edited by BANRYU

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I should do some of these haha... I was focused on photoshopping new ones and forgot that I can also pose/assemble the regular units as well. 

EDIT: Dude @Vaximillian should we open like a sprite assembly request thread or something....??

I was going to try and do Titania but it turned out she is the only one in the whole series to wear her hair in a long braid, I kid you not.
But she's added tomorrow anyway, so that's fine.

Go ahead, why not? I'm having so much fun with these sprites.

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Heyyyy yall sorry I haven't been as active in here lately.

So my wife pulled me a second, this time 5*, Tharja lmao (Tharja loves her apparently; she knows the true avatar of grima when she sees her I guess). So now I've got a Atk+/Spd- and Spd+/Res- Tharja to work with-- I been training up the +Spd one to use with a LaD+Desp build but now I'm wondering if maybe -Spd might be decent for like a tanky Distant Counter build if I can ever manage to pull that... or if the +Spd one would work okay for that.

In fact, WOULD +Atk/-Spd be good for anything or I'm assuming she just wants her offensive stats at least intact...? She might only be good for Raudrblade fodder at this point (in which case I have to decide which of my darkies gets it lmao... Leaning toward Henry but... Sophia's higher on my to-do list... hmm~)

Tharja's the closest you can get to a red Nino. Compared to Nino's offenses, Tharja's only down 1 Atk and 2 Spd. Blue magic tanks aren't particularly common in the current meta because all other red mages are slow and relatively easy to tank with any blue unit, but few teams are prepared to face Tharja.

I'd say your +Spd Tharja is better since she has the stats to run Nino's build. Her defensive stats aren't really good enough to run a Close Counter build regardless. 23 Def is above average, for a mage, but nothing to write home for.

@MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos @Arcanite @Ice Dragon
So what's the consensus you've reached regarding Oboro? Is killer lance + Ignis the way to go or is it killer lance + Bonfire?

Also I guess I'd have to first pull her (heh) and learn her stats but still what about a silver axe on Titania? Pretty much because of the looks.
Emerald axe doesn't look as cool as silver.

37 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

So what's the consensus you've reached regarding Oboro? Is killer lance + Ignis the way to go or is it killer lance + Bonfire?

I'd go with Killer Lance+ and Bonfire.

Oboro is not slow enough to be double attacked by the slow, bulky characters to fully charge Ignis on the enemies where it might matter, and she's not fast and powerful enough to guarantee a kill on her follow-up attack (without being double attacked) so that Ignis can be used on her first player-phase attack to burst down another enemy.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Also I guess I'd have to first pull her (heh) and learn her stats but still what about a silver axe on Titania? Pretty much because of the looks.

The consensus is exactly what Ice Dragorn said,

Bonfire

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Killer Bonfire is bomb for Oboro, do it (if you can) bro. I'd say that's the bare minimum she needs to be effective if we're talking f2p or whatever (Seal Def is decent and Threaten Res, well... it's not good but you can make it work with the right team. she DOES want an A-skill and a better c-skill though.... but I'd say Killer Lance and Bonfire should be her main priorities since that's how she'll be doing crazy damage). 

Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 5* Peri to inherit the lance to her so I don't have to spend feathers on someone else lol. 

EDiT: oh oops wait @Ice Dragon duly noted! More or less what I was planning to do anyway, just thought I'd get some additional input haha. Thanks!

Edited by BANRYU

@Vaximillian Doing calcs, the consensus is actually Bonfire over Ignis, since Ignis won't proc against units that don't double Oboro. Then again, the matchup spread is only marginally better and I would still consider saving Bonfire for other units that might need it more. But overall, Bonfire edges out Ignis ever so slightly.

Edited by MrSmokestack

21 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Vaximillian Not sure if you needed more confirmation besides what Ice and Arcanite already said, but if you wanted it... Bonfire > Ignis

...*cough*

So uh. these new skills the Greil Mercs are getting look interesting. RIP Mist getting nothing new to distinguish herself

Just now, BANRYU said:

...*cough*

So uh. these new skills the Greil Mercs are getting look interesting. RIP Mist getting nothing new to distinguish herself

Oh shit mbad. Ice, Arcanite, and BANRYU :D 

And I mean Mist gets that Spur Def/Res +3, but yeah that's not anything amazing. I'll probably still pull for her just because I love her though (plus I still need a Wrys for the monthly quests)

Oh... oh, yeah. I guess I misread that. It's both, huh. Well that's all right I guess. ~3~

Still, though... Spurs are pretty hard to make effective use of aren't they? :0 it hasn't been discussed much, but Spurs being hard-outclassed by Hone/Fortify seems to be one of those unspoken things that everyone seems to agree on (with the exceptions of specific instances like full armor teams). 

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

To be fair to Mist, she'd need either great stats, be armored/a dragon/on a pegasus/etc, or have a non-inheritable skill/weapon to distinguish herself as a healer.  Even just having great skills/weapon but none of the other things above would just result in her being skill fodder for a better healer (barring favorites and such).

6 minutes ago, GinRei said:

To be fair to Mist, she'd need either great stats, be armored/a dragon/on a pegasus/etc, or have a non-inheritable skill/weapon to distinguish herself as a healer.  Even just having great skills/weapon but none of the other things above would just result in her being skill fodder for a better healer (barring favorites and such).

Are there even any armored/dragon healers in FE? I can't think of any off the top of my head. 

Flying healers are definitely a possibility though (but if they make Elincia a flying healer instead of giving her Amiti I'm going to be pretty upset)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

55 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

So uh. these new skills the Greil Mercs are getting look interesting.

I mentioned it in the banner thread, but I suppose it makes sense to mention it here, too.

Heavy Blade looks like it'll work rather well on Ryoma. He has neutral 50 Atk with Raijinto and decent Spd, meaning he isn't in dire need of a different passive A skill to do well. Heavy Blade lets him charge up any 3-cooldown special skill by his follow-up attack against any enemy with 49 Atk or lower, meaning you can land a 15-damage Draconic Aura on your follow-up.

Michalis probably works well with Heavy Blade, as well, if you don't mind losing Iote's Shield. He also has 50 Atk with Hauteclere, and Heavy Blade would help him offset his low Spd.

Heavy Blade also works really well with Galeforce and Aether.

Now the one question is... if your skill has a cooldown with 1 charge remaining and you hit an enemy with Heavy Blade active, do you activate your special on that hit (i.e. special activates immediately when you reach -1) or do you still have to wait until your next attack to activate your special (i.e. special activates on the first attack after reaching zero)?

My guess is the latter.

I'm assuming things like Death Blow and Spur Atk will count towards Heavy Blade's activation requirements. I'm assuming Litrblade's bonus damage does not. So many things to test tonight...

Edited by Ice Dragon