Grand Hero Battle: Camus: Sable Knight (6/2/17)

Roflolxp54

Well. I was running low on stamina, so I went ahead and dumpstered it with Gronnblade Cecilia (OHKO Camus → Reposition from Selena, etc). Hopefully I'll think up something better later.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to beat it on the first try with Spring Camilla, Cordelia, Tharja and Eirika. Was still pretty easy but certainly more fun/challenging than the last couple battles have been.

Camilla flew up and hit Camus but couldn't one shot him, then got dragged back by Cordelia. Camus moved toward me on the left and Camilla finished him and Cordelia pulled her out of the red mage's range. Eirika/Tharja blocked and cleaned up the other units easily as they moved in.

Fury +Spd Nino wins again. With a hone buff Nino will still outspeed Camus, thus ORKO. Reposition her to safety and just have a hoard of tanky reds for the rest of your team slots. Easy win. 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Freddy + Reiny ftw. <3

I thought I'd get my ass kicked a few times on lunatic because horses, but I did both difficulties in one try! :D

I only used female Robin for the hard one though, since she only barely did enough to help there (I really need to 5 star her). She wouldn't have been strong enough for the lunatic. So I replaced her with Reinhardt for lunatic. Here's what I did on that one:

1. Freddy is boosted by Reiny's Goad Cavalry and baits Camus. Freddy tanks the healer and then Camus like a boss and deletes him on the next turn with Bonfire.

2. Freddy is danced away from the red horse mage by Azura and Ike takes a hit from him instead. Thankfully he could survive.

3. Reiny takes care of the horse mage and Azura dances him away from the axe cavaliers. Freddy charges back in and removes the healer.

4. Ike and Freddy finish off the axe horses.

I think the biggest thing that helped me here was having Reinhardt boost Freddy. The best thing against horses is horses I guess! lol

EDIT: Yup, with Goad Cavalry, Freddy JUST escapes being doubled by Camus. Woopee. :D

Nice going! Congratulations on the first try clear!

This actually gave me the idea to use my 4 star Frederick- which I didn't think of because his Res was pretty bad so I was sure he was going to be one-shotted...

Turns out he survives the healer! First turn was him baiting the healer and the axe cavalier. Everyone then moved to where Frederick was (who is now on low HP), while Camus moved to the right- away from the cavalier buffs. 

That was important, since my Reinhardt can finally KO Camus safely now that he is alone. (Also fun fact, my Olivia would have survived attacking Camus by 2 HP! Biggest surprise of the day, though of course I didn't let her fight)

I then moved Frederick away from the cavalier party, and used Xander to take one one axe cavalier. Olivia dances him again so that Xander finishes the healer (that's one magical attacker out). Now's the scary part, can Xander survive the red mage and the other axe cavalier?

With 1 HP in fact! Xander's Distant Counter Siegried fries the red mage, but after the red mage's attack AND Fury 2 damage, Xander only had 2 HP left! The axe cavalier then moves down to attack Xander- but only does 1 HP, leaving Xander standing by the skin of his teeth and clutching the HP+3 seal in gratitude. 

Thank goodness I didn't have Fury 3 on Xander, the after battle damage from Fury 2 was already nerve-wrecking! Also Frederick MVP for 1st turn baiting where Hector failed! Although he did have some help with Reinhardt's Goad Cavalry and a Hone Cavalry from Xander (and Frederick himself had Hone Cavalry + Fortify Res for Reinhardt/Xander)

Thanks for the idea when you mentioned Reinhardt/Frederick combo @Anacybele!

Edited by mcsilas

9 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Fury +Spd Nino wins again. With a hone buff Nino will still outspeed Camus, thus ORKO. Reposition her to safety and just have a hoard of tanky reds for the rest of your team slots. Easy win. 

Too bad I had 0 tanky reds XD

I had to do a convoluted, assist heavy, SI-through-the-roof type style for thus one. Jaffar with swap and hone speed was the way to go for this one. I had to place him next to Nino by the tree in order for her to out speed Camus, then Azura moved 2 spaces up to dance Nino it of the way, Nino drew her back but she was still in range of the axes, which is when Celica uses draw back to pull her to the left. I think Jaffar moved to Nino's left and swapped spaces with her. The Axes moved up as well as the healer and the red mage. Nino kills one ax, gets danced, and moves across the map to kill the other one. Either Celica or Jaffar killed the Red mage and then I just left them there to clean the healer up after

I likes this one! 2 turn Miracle isn't annoying at all!

@Anacybele you got it on your first try while I'm over here taking 4 tries to get it (might have been 6 actually)

Congratulations! :D:

Edited by Arcanite

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Nice going! Congratulations on the first try clear!

This actually gave me the idea to use my 4 star Frederick- which I didn't think of because his Res was pretty bad so I was sure he was going to be one-shotted...

Turns out he survives the healer! First turn was him baiting the healer and the axe cavalier. Everyone then moved to where Frederick was (who is now on low HP), while Camus moved to the right- away from the cavalier buffs. 

That was important, since my Reinhardt can finally KO Camus safely now that he is alone. (Also fun fact, my Olivia would have survived attacking Camus by 2 HP! Biggest surprise of the day, though of course I didn't let her fight)

I then moved Frederick away from the cavalier party, and used Xander to take one one axe cavalier. Olivia dances him again so that Xander finishes the healer (that's one magical attacker out). Now's the scary part, can Xander survive the red mage and the other axe cavalier?

With 1 HP in fact! Xander's Distant Counter Siegried fries the red mage, but after the red mage's attack AND Fury 2 damage, Xander only had 2 HP left! The axe cavalier then moves down to attack Xander- but only does 1 HP, leaving Xander standing by the skin of his teeth and clutching the HP+3 seal in gratitude. 

Thank goodness I didn't have Fury 3 on Xander, the after battle damage from Fury 2 was already nerve-wrecking! Also Frederick MVP for 1st turn baiting where Hector failed! Although he did have some help with Hone Cavalry from Xander (and Frederick himself had Hone Cavalry + Fortify Res for Reinhardt/Xander)

Even 4 star Frederick can do wonders here? Wow, he's more awesome than I thought. <3 Mine is 5 star, +def/-spd, and equipped with Bonfire, Axebreaker 3, Armored Blow 2, Fortify Def 3, and the Spur Def seal. I gave him lots of love because I love him. lol

Maybe Freddy needs to be on more GHB banners! XD I wouldn't complain, I'd like to get another 5 star Frederick to merge with my current one to power him up more!

Also, pretty much anyone can survive a healer's attack. lol They're so weak.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

you got it on your first try while I'm over here taking 4 tries to get it (might have been 6 actually)

Congratulations! :D:

Wow, really? And you're supposed to be my teacher! Haha, I could've also gotten lucky though, because I wasn't QUITE sure what I was doing at first. Only after the first turn or two did I really figure it out.

But what am I going to do with the 3 star Camus now since I have the 4 star one? Merge into the 4 star as is, or dump some of his skills on someone?

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But what am I going to do with the 3 star Camus now since I have the 4 star one? Merge into the 4 star as is, or dump some of his skills on someone?

Camus gets Goad Cavs as a 4*.  That's a pretty valuable skill, considering 5* Reinhardt is the only other unit in the game with it.

I'd say keep him around for the possibility of someone wanting that if nothing else.

Edited by Glaceon Sage

Just now, Glaceon Sage said:

Camus gets Goad Cavs as a 4*.  That's a pretty valuable skill, considering 5* Reinhardt is the only other unit in the game with it.

I'd say keep him around for the possibility of someone wanting that if nothing else.

Yeah, but I've got 5 star Reinhardt, so if I want someone with Goad Cavalry, he's there. If I want a horse team, I want some cavs with Fortify Cavalry and Ward Cavalry to complete the set. All those buffs Freddy could have. lol

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I've got 5 star Reinhardt, so if I want someone with Goad Cavalry, he's there. If I want a horse team, I want some cavs with Fortify Cavalry and Ward Cavalry to complete the set. All those buffs Freddy could have. lol

If you don't think you'll need it, that's fine.  Goad Cavs can stack, which is why it might be nice to have multiple.  But that's just my thoughts on it.

Just now, Glaceon Sage said:

If you don't think you'll need it, that's fine.  Goad Cavs can stack, which is why it might be nice to have multiple.  But that's just my thoughts on it.

Yeah, true that. I might consider giving it to Frederick someday, dunno.

22 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm over here taking 4 tries to get it (might have been 6 actually)

Is this time and place where I am supposed to say “git gud”?

Cleared it in the first try. 

Let me take a moment to thank the people who made this possible:

Hector, Hector, just Hector, Hector forever, why did I pretend that I would ever use anyone else, Hector, and a nifty +3 att buff from Reinhardt.

Cleared Lunatic with a team of Ike/Nino/Ephraim/Catria, although the fourth slot could have been anyone capable of doing 4 damage or so to the healer.

Nino one-rounds Camus, while Ike Repositions her to safety.  Ephraim Swaps Ike in range of the healer and one of the Axe cavs, taking him out and leaving the healer with single-digit health on enemy phase.  Catria finishes the healer, while Ike moves up to kill the red mage cav.  The last axe cav suicides on Ike on enemy phase again.  My first try failed because I neglected to kill red mage, thinking that Ike could tank both him and the final axe cav on enemy phase but sadly that was not the case.

Now to train up Camus and 5* him. >=)

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

@Anacybele While I wholeheartedly agree with you there I'm pretty certain Vax is just teasing. Wouldnt be the first time its happened between them

I thought he might, which was why I wasn't intending to be hostile or anything silly like that. :P But I see.

17 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Cleared it in the first try. 

Let me take a moment to thank the people who made this possible:

Hector, Hector, just Hector, Hector forever, why did I pretend that I would ever use anyone else, Hector, and a nifty +3 att buff from Reinhardt.

My Hector did jack before I dumped him for Ryoma. What's different between my Hector and everyone else's Hector?

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

My Hector did jack before I dumped him for Ryoma. What's different between my Hector and everyone else's Hector?

All my Hector did was tank the first turn and run to safety (which would make a funny sight I think), so I wouldn't know. Reinhardt luring out and killing the red mage can help a lot though.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

All my Hector did was tank the first turn and run to safety (which would make a funny sight I think), so I wouldn't know. Reinhardt luring out and killing the red mage can help a lot though.

My Hector couldn't manage that. Ryoma had to do it- with the clincher tactic being "throw Klein at Camus and then Swap him out".

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My only guess is bane/boon combos and skill sets. Hector is probably much better with certain bane and boon combinations than others.

My particular one is +HP -Spd. I don't think being doubled was his issue...

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

My particular one is +HP -Spd. I don't think being doubled was his issue...

Hm... Then I really don't know. o.O