FE playable charaters that you like/hate that everyone else likes/hates

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I know you like Frederick, so I won't try to argue too much. But that interaction was the first support I got with him. I'm all for being loyal and taking your job seriously. In that way, I'm kind of like him. I always have to be busy (or else I'm miserable being bored), and I want to do everything possible to help out my superiors even if it's something that's "below my station." But Frederick has no boundaries. There's a huge difference between being helpful and being kind of insensitive. 

He has a lot of good qualities, but Chrom isn't the only one he accidentally hurts. He does the same thing to Olivia as well. Sometimes he doesn't seem to understand how his actions have consequences, how his "helping" could really hurt someone's reputation. It's a big part of his personality that I can't ignore. Chrom and Olivia are both good people, so they can forgive him. I can't. It's fine if you find it funny; I'm sure plenty of people do, but from personal experience, when you're on the receiving end, it's not.

Well, see, to me, this is part of what makes Frederick seem more human than most of the Awakening cast! And what makes him kind of Aspie-like, imo. lol Us Aspies tend to not understand how our actions or words can hurt others, so we can be a little insensitive at times, though unintentionally. And they can be obsessive about one or more things, and for Frederick, that looks to be his duties and perhaps exercise (maybe campfires too). Yeah, I kinda headcanon that Frederick is high functioning autistic. lol Miriel and Laurent fit this category too, actually, though I feel they're more exaggerated examples, closer to someone like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. :P

Also, at least Frederick means well, right? It's not like he was actually doing it to be a douche. lol

This also makes Frederick one of the few characters in the game who is called out for his flaws and made to learn from them. Chrom calls him out, and so does Olivia (I've seen that support too). And I believe he apologizes in some way (not exactly sure, it's been awhile since I last read the supports).

Believe me, I know what you mean about it being embarrassing for someone to use a compromising picture of you. I'm sure a lot of us have had something like that happen. My mom shows pictures of me that I find embarrassing sometimes. But that's a little mistake, you know? Not something I'd think someone would hold a grudge for...

Besides, Lissa burst out laughing so hard at those posters that according to Chrom, she almost pulled a muscle. XD Frederick surely never hears the end of that one! I'm betting he never tries it again, or at least makes the posters less embarrassing. Haha.

But people can dislike who they want, so I'm not going to try to change your mind. Just explaining how I see things.

Edited by Anacybele

12 hours ago, MediocreLee said:

Inigo/Laslow/Soleil - I'm not a fan of the playboy type of characters.  Always flirtatious and whatnot.  It's annoying.  I give a character like Gatrie a pass on this because he doesn't have a lot of luck when he tries.

Don't most playboys in FE wind up falling flat on their asses every time they try to flirt with someone? At least that's what it looks like to me.

WRT Edward: I wouldn't dislike him so much if it weren't for the pre-release hype everyone and their grandma contributed to. Well, that, and the fact that no matter what, he'll never outclass Zihark by any remotely notable margin.

47 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

That kind of gets diluted since he says something nice to anything that even remotely resembles a woman lol How can one feel special if everyone gets the same treatment?

I actually address this in my Elibe fic, believe it or not. Rebecca also asks him this very question in their support.

But I noticed something between all of Sain's supports with females. He actually never used the same flattery twice. He gave a different compliment to each woman. The women just didn't notice that for obvious reasons (they're not observing him at every second). Besides, I see comparing a woman to a pretty flower as simply saying she's pretty and nothing more. You can find more than one woman pretty. :P

Also, I tend to see it as Sain trying to make them all feel special. Not just one of them.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But people can dislike who they want, so I'm not going to try to change your mind. I'm just saying that some people might find your view here a bit silly.

Gonna call you out here Ana, only because you said you wanted to improve.

The rest of your post was really great. That last part was unneeded. Whenever we post there is a chance that people think our views are silly, but to point it out like that specifically is like saying "that was great, but your view is shit". Which, it wasn't. Nor did I think you meant that.

So there is your dose of improvement, if you want to drink of it.

Also, the more you parade 'round defending your favorites because omg who could hate them, the less people will like them. I can't say I loved Ike before, but I definitely hate him now because I associate him with a certain zealot. It sours the mood for others. Believe you me, I love Roy more than you love Ike, if you can believe that, but I'm happy knowing that I love him without forcing it on others 24/7. Same goes for Fred, believe you me, we GET THAT YOU LOVE YOUR HUBBY <3

13 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

to point it out like that specifically is like saying "that was great, but your view is shit".

Uh, sorry, but how do the words "a bit silly" equate to "shit"? Honestly. I would think it was obvious that I certainly did not intend to call anyone's view shit. I can't believe you would think that of me.

I'm not parading around my favorites either. I would never do that to people. Just because I might think someone's reasoning for disliking one of my favorites is silly doesn't mean I don't think anyone's allowed to dislike that character. I even said the person is allowed to dislike him, but seriously, they disliked him for ONE part of a conversation. As I said, I figured that if someone disliked a character, there were more reasons than just that.

And I think hating a character simply because someone else likes them is immature.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, sorry, but how do the words "a bit silly" equate to "shit"? Honestly. I would think it was obvious that I certainly did not intend to call anyone's view shit. I can't believe you would think that of me.

Words are not always literal, and have implied meanings - especially online where context is hard to gleam from text.

Try, I really disagree with you. Or, I just can't see how you'd come to that opinion. Even, I don't think you'll find many people who agree with you, but I respect your opinion. 

Saying people will find it silly is the same as implying their opinion is worth ridiculing - it may not be "as degrading" as calling it shit, but it shouldn't be there. Normally I wouldn't take offense to something so minor, but the rest of your post was good, and that last part just erased all of the tone and goodwill you put in to trying to advocate Fred.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

3 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Words are not always literal, and have implied meanings - especially online where context is hard to gleam from text.

Try, I really disagree with you. Or, I just can't see how you'd come to that opinion. Even, I don't think you'll find many people who agree with you, but I respect your opinion. 

Saying people will find it silly is the same as implying their opinion is worth ridiculing - it may not be "as degrading" as calling it shit, but it shouldn't be there.

Yes, but silly typically does not mean the same thing as shit. Shit is a much more harsh term, you know. Silly is a more playful and less harmful term. If I wanted to call someone's opinion shit, I would've said just that, that it's shit. But that's very rude and flamebait.

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with what you're saying. If anyone seriously interpreted my words as "her opinion is shit and should be ridiculed!" I'd be concerned for them. Nobody should be here to make fun of anyone else like that.

However, if that sentence is really OH so bad, fine, I'll take it out.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, but silly typically does not mean the same thing as shit. Shit is a much more harsh term, you know. Silly is a more playful and less harmful term. If I wanted to call someone's opinion shit, I would've said just that, that it's shit. But that's very rude and flamebait.

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with what you're saying. If anyone seriously interpreted my words as "her opinion is shit and should be ridiculed!" I'd be concerned for them. Nobody should be here to make fun of anyone else like that.

However, if that sentence is really OH so bad, fine, I'll take it out.

It's just that ANYTHING there is unneeded. You think calling someone's opinion silly is going to make them share your opinion? Again, had nothing but praise for your post, but that just killed it.

You don't have to agree. You said you wanted to improve, it's up to you whether you do or not.

Not really going to de-rail the thread anymore, sorry to all others for the disturbance.

Just now, ChibiToastExplosion said:

It's just that ANYTHING there is unneeded. You think calling someone's opinion silly is going to make them share your opinion? Again, had nothing but praise for your post, but that just killed it.

You don't have to agree. You said you wanted to improve, it's up to you whether you do or not.

Not really going to de-rail the thread anymore, sorry to all others for the disturbance.

Okay, maybe it's not the opinion I'm saying is silly then, because I'm not. Disliking Frederick is not silly, as no character will be liked by everyone. It's more that I think the particular reason in this case is silly: one moment from one conversation.

Now, if Rafiel's Aria said she didn't like his personality and how he was taking his duty too seriously and stuff, that's more valid. I can understand not liking that. I think Frederick is cute like that personally, but I know it's not for everyone's liking.

I do want to improve. But I'm not always going to agree with people.

But you're right, I don't want to derail the thread either. I also apologize for this.

Characters I like but I think others hate:

Wendy: She comes at a bad level and horrible bases, but after some training, and mostly blessed level ups, she became my most powerful unit, and even handled Axe Land pretty well. But admittedly, she's extremely hard to level up. I also like her design and how she is as a character.

Dorcas: He's pretty average gameplay wise, but I really like him as a character, more than young Bartre and even Geitz.

Arden: I barely care for movement, even in Horse Fire Emblem 4. And he has good defense and strength. And uses swords, the best weapon type in the game.

Cecelia: Her stats are pretty average despite being a pre-promote, but she isn't too bad. Clarine has better stats, but she still manages to do her job just fine. She also has more Mag and a higher Anima rank, so I let her kill some enemies with Aircalibur.

Characters I think others like but I hate:

Kent: Worst cav in FE7 for me. Maybe I just got unlucky with his level ups (I mean, his only good stat was his Skill, but I definitely prefer Lowen over him now)

Sylvia: Dancing is nice and all, but 200 love points with a secret prince who I'd rather pair with a flying horse rider makes me want to let her stay dead until the blonde saint shows up. I like to play slowly, so I don't want to rush the game just so she won't accidentally pair up with the prince. I also don't like how she's like 14 or 15 but really flirtatious.

That's about.

13 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Does Ishtar count as hated? Because I quite like her narratively.

No because she's not playable...atleast for now. But I will admit that on my first playthrough in FE4, she looked like she can be a recruitable unit until I realised that she can't be recruited which is kinda sad because she's a pretty deep character story wise.

Ah..forgot to mention that there are some characters that I didn't like in Echoes exclusive.

Spoiler

Berkut: Personally, I don't get the point of him showing up instead of Seazas. I get that remakes are suppose to offer new characters and all but he...he really doesn't have any purposes whatsoever. All he ever does is brag about his pride wanting to defeat Alm for reasons that he wanted to take over Valentia when no one at the time even valued him as a worthy emperor except Fernand(who is arguably a better character than him imo), was bothered about the mark on Alm's hand but then somehow forgotten the mark making that shocking expression of his pointless to begin with and on top of that, burns his fiance into a witch(which I admit is dark and the best villain thing he did despite it being unneeded) as well as deciding to kill Fernand as well.

It also doesn't help that he serves literally no purpose of the story besides giving Alm a souvenir which also does nothing I think...

Yeah, I'm aware that FE already has a bunch of people like him like Rutger for example but the thing is that they have good motives behind that. Berkut hardly has any motive and just keeps bragging about still wanting to kill his own cousin.

However that doesn't necessarily make him a hated character as I dig the dude's voice and his quotes as well as his design. But as a character...pretty weak imo.

As for why Berkut is mentioned despite him not being playable, its because that he's originally suppose to be playable(which would honestly have made sense considering the situation he was in) and that he is playable in Heroes....so I guess its fine?

Edited by Harvey

4 hours ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

Edward isn't overrated but rather underrated imo because people don't see his potential.

Funnily he's not really worse in HM in combat for most part of part 1. Axes would 2RKO him in NM and HM. The only exception is 1-1 where he can survive two axes in NM.
(he could do it in HM if he procs +2 HP and +2 def in 1-P which is unlikely to get though) 
Therefore he does better against lance users who won't 2RKO him for most part of part 1 except for steel lance soliders. However this can be fixed later on due supports and leveling.
His major problem is his speed. He needs speed in each chapter to double constantly which isn't easy to obtain because his speed growth is only 60%. He's a 1/3 chance to double most enemies in 1-1.

Zihark is an other type of myrm than Edward is. He has bases which Edward will reach easily, however 2-3 maps later after Zihark joined. Therefore his growths are inferior to Edward. Zihark has the bases to take two hits till 1-8. But already in 1-F he starts to struggle. Two steel axes kill him.
Edward is the better offensive unit with wrath + range swords while Zihark a better dodgetank thanks to earth.
In the long run Edward's growths usually outshine Zihark's.

All in all both are great for the DB in their own way. They're just different to use.

My big issue with him aside from stuff I previously stated is that he honestly needs good level ups early and often to be useful. It doesn't help that no one can die during the first several chapters, which leads to me relying mainly on non-Edward characters. And honestly, I don't see playing the "potential" card as much of a defense for reasons already stated.

The thing is that Edward is the only first tier unit who can double constantly stuff and can claim free kills with the brave sword.
Even if he got bad levels in the first chapters, he still can catch up.
1-4 and 1-5 (wind edge on the ledge) are good chapters to give him some levels. 

Also it's not that other units are less fragile than him.
Nolan is only marginally tankier than Edward. He'll have problems to take two steel axes, much less two tigers.
Aran has really bad start and his bad speed growth is another problem for him.

If you play without transfers a semi normal leveled Edward beats Jill in HM easily.

37 minutes ago, JSND said:

If Ishtar is playable id definitely put her here lol. Perfect example of character i find overrated for what she is

ishtar's pretty bad but she's not a playable character at any point

as far as I know anyway

Edited by unique

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Also, at least Frederick means well, right? It's not like he was actually doing it to be a douche. lol

This also makes Frederick one of the few characters in the game who is called out for his flaws and made to learn from them. Chrom calls him out, and so does Olivia (I've seen that support too). And I believe he apologizes in some way (not exactly sure, it's been awhile since I last read the supports).

Believe me, I know what you mean about it being embarrassing for someone to use a compromising picture of you. I'm sure a lot of us have had something like that happen. My mom shows pictures of me that I find embarrassing sometimes. But that's a little mistake, you know? Not something I'd think someone would hold a grudge for...

Besides, Lissa burst out laughing so hard at those posters that according to Chrom, she almost pulled a muscle. XD Frederick surely never hears the end of that one! I'm betting he never tries it again, or at least makes the posters less embarrassing. Haha.

But people can dislike who they want, so I'm not going to try to change your mind. Just explaining how I see things.

(I was just going to do one massive quote and highlight the parts I wanted to emphasize, but it looked difficult to read, so I chopped your post up a little instead. Sorry 'bout that.)

I like that you can identify, but I also hope you can see how someone from outside of the spectrum might not find such qualities endearing. I'm not a bitter, petty person (even though I may claim to be at times), but just because someone means well in their actions doesn't mean their actions aren't hurtful. I believe I mentioned that before. 

I think I'd be fine with Frederick if he DID learn from his actions, but he doesn't seem to. At the end of his support with Chrom, he's depressed because he realized that his overachieving was bad, but not being able to mother Chrom was making him miserable. Chrom is the one that concedes, and Frederick goes back to doing exactly what he was doing before which implies (at least to me) that he is bound to make the same mistakes again and again. I don't think that's growth. Now he does seem to understand Olivia's plight a bit more which I appreciate, but all the same this tendency to overachieve (for his own sake) and disregard the feelings of others is a major quirk of his personality and one I can't get behind. 

To me, there's a big difference between parents showing embarrassing photos of their kids to family members/other friends and close friends showing compromising photos to crowds of practical strangers. I suppose you could use a lack of consent argument for both of them, but I don't want to go there right now. lol Way too deep for my liking. How would you like it if someone close to you showed a nude picture of you (as a young adult) to hundreds/thousands of people? To me, Lissa isn't laughing at Frederick for his mistake; she's laughing at Chrom because he's a person in power suddenly reduced to a laughing stock. Imagine having to stand in front of an army and give a speech after everyone has a pretty good idea of what you look like underneath your clothes.

Okay, maybe it's not the opinion I'm saying is silly then, because I'm not. Disliking Frederick is not silly, as no character will be liked by everyone. It's more that I think the particular reason in this case is silly: one moment from one conversation.

Now, if Rafiel's Aria said she didn't like his personality and how he was taking his duty too seriously and stuff, that's more valid. I can understand not liking that. I think Frederick is cute like that personally, but I know it's not for everyone's liking.

I do want to improve. But I'm not always going to agree with people.

But you're right, I don't want to derail the thread either. I also apologize for this.

So I don't want to take the thread off-topic again, since you clearly edited your post, but thanks to @ChibiToastExplosion. I appreciate it. 

Also to Anacybele, I'd like to point out that that one moment in a conversation is a major part of Frederick's personality that makes it difficult to ignore. I could have been clearer. But I think by now I've explained my position a little better. I really don't want to clog up this thread with Frederick talk however, so if you want to continue to discuss it, we should probably PM.

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

32 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

(I was just going to do one massive quote and highlight the parts I wanted to emphasize, but it looked difficult to read, so I chopped your post up a little instead. Sorry 'bout that.)

I like that you can identify, but I also hope you can see how someone from outside of the spectrum might not find such qualities endearing. I'm not a bitter, petty person (even though I may claim to be at times), but just because someone means well in their actions doesn't mean their actions aren't hurtful. I believe I mentioned that before. 

I think I'd be fine with Frederick if he DID learn from his actions, but he doesn't seem to. At the end of his support with Chrom, he's depressed because he realized that his overachieving was bad, but not being able to mother Chrom was making him miserable. Chrom is the one that concedes, and Frederick goes back to doing exactly what he was doing before which implies (at least to me) that he is bound to make the same mistakes again and again. I don't think that's growth. Now he does seem to understand Olivia's plight a bit more which I appreciate, but all the same this tendency to overachieve (for his own sake) and disregard the feelings of others is a major quirk of his personality and one I can't get behind. 

(No worries, you're fine. It's understandable. :P)

Don't worry, I can see what you mean. I find them endearing, some others might not. And true, meaning well doesn't mean an action isn't hurtful, but there's still a difference between someone trying to help and someone who's just trying to be an ass. I'd be much more angry if it was the latter. I'd still be embarrassed at the former and ask the person not to do that again, but I'd appreciate the attempt to help all the same.

I won't argue with you on your second point there, I do wish it was more clear that Frederick did learn from his mistakes, or at least some of them. But I think the thing with him is that he's practically spent his whole life looking after the Ylisse royals and doing duties for them and all, making him quite used to it all. And when he suddenly can't seem to anymore, that's very different for him and he may not know how to handle it or what to do instead. Thus, Chrom conceding to just letting Frederick be Frederick to SOME degree is kind of understandable. But it also would've been nice if they'd have added a bit where Frederick also promised to try to be a little less insensitive.

And I still couldn't help but chuckle when he started going and dusting things, including Robin. XD

Frederick doesn't do these things for his own sake though. He seems to care more about Chrom and Lissa and even the other Shepherds than he does himself.

To me, there's a big difference between parents showing embarrassing photos of their kids to family members/other friends and close friends showing compromising photos to crowds of practical strangers. I suppose you could use a lack of consent argument for both of them, but I don't want to go there right now. lol Way too deep for my liking. How would you like it if someone close to you showed a nude picture of you (as a young adult) to hundreds/thousands of people? To me, Lissa isn't laughing at Frederick for his mistake; she's laughing at Chrom because he's a person in power suddenly reduced to a laughing stock. Imagine having to stand in front of an army and give a speech after everyone has a pretty good idea of what you look like underneath your clothes.

There is kind of a difference, yeah, but it would still be embarrassing if your parents tried to show such pictures to your friends or something. xP

And it would depend on WHY the person showed that picture of me, honestly. As I said above, if they were being a douche, I'd be pretty angry. If they were actually trying to do something to help, whatever that might've been, I'd be embarrassed and tell them not to do that again, but appreciate that he/she wanted to help.

And I think Lissa was laughing at both of them, honestly. lol

Also to Anacybele, I'd like to point out that that one moment in a conversation is a major part of Frederick's personality that makes it difficult to ignore. I could have been clearer. But I think by now I've explained my position a little better. I really don't want to clog up this thread with Frederick talk however, so if you want to continue to discuss it, we should probably PM.

Yeah, I don't want to either... I get why people wouldn't like that quality of Frederick, though, I really do. Nobody should be perfect, after all, so if you like someone, that comes with appreciating that person's flaws as well as their good points.

But yes, enough Frederick talk, I don't want to force my favorite characters on people or try to make everything about them. We can take it to PM if you want to continue.

Edited by Anacybele

More from me here.

Characters people like that I dont like.

Takumi: I hate Takumi. To me, he is like a poor mans Shinon, and I hated Shinon too. Overly antagonistic Archer that is just an asshole. Though I will give Takumi credit for having far more redeeming qualities. It wasnt even conquest that made me hate him. It was kind of made to make you not like him there, it was everything else. Him being just completely antagonistic to Corrin from the start for one. This is his long lost brother/sister that he knows was KIDNAPPED, and held in a tower in Nohr. Key word there being kidnapped. Not volunteered, not joined, kidnapped. Yet he is going to act like they are just some vicious nohrian killing machine that was just let into Hoshido. Technically partly correct due to their sword at that time, but that is hardly there fault. If you were given a sword by your thought to be father you wouldnt exactly suspect it to be a bomb waiting to go off. And to top it all off it wasnt even Garon who did that, it was Takumi's own father if you want to get technical. Granted his hatred for Corrin after Chapter 6 if you chose Nohr makes sense.

He is just such a whiny little spoiled brat. I wanted to shove that magical twig he calls a bow so far up his ass. The only character I can think of that I hated more was Joffrey Baratheon, and you were supposed to hate him. Unfortunately for Takumi, I cant come up with a completely rational idea for hating him other than his overtly antagonistic nature towards Corrin from the start (justified after Chapter 6, sure, but when he first sees them?) and for being just a spoiled brat in my opinion.

Ryoma: A lot less of a hatred here, but I just did not like him. He was just too boring to me. I didnt exactly hate him though. I think the big downfall for me was in Chapter 12 of Conquest when it comes to Ryoma. It just didnt seem to fit into his character for me, and made me have a bit of a dislike for him where before I just thought he was boring. Its a lot less of a dislike that Takumi, the biggest thing for him is that he is just boring.

As far as the rest of the Hoshidan royals go I did like Hinoka and Sakura. Hinoka really got the short end of the stick but that is Fire Emblem Fates in a nutshell.

Sully: I just did not like her. She never made it out of the first few chapters of Awakening without either being benched or dying. She is one of the few characters in Awakening that I just never cared for.

Soren: I hated Soren from the start. I didnt like how he had the concept of just sitting by and not getting involved in the fight with Daein. It made sense in some ways, yes. We are just a merc group, what business do we have with this war, blah blah blah. But at the same time, Ike and co just found Elincia, and Soren's first idea was to just hand her over and be done with it. No regard for anyone, just Oh Shit! Daein is at our front gate. Quick! Give them the princess and lets run to Galia. Fucking cynical, cowardly asshat. From then on my opinion was already formed of him. I just did not like his character at all. I wont argue he isnt a good character, but damn did I not like him.

Shinon: Alright. Yeah. This is the guy that takes 3rd place for most hated character to me. 1 is Joffrey. 2 is Takumi. 3 is good ol racist Shinon. This guy didnt have any redeemable quality. Well, except for the fact that he served as criticism for Ike when he was appointed as commander of the Greil Mercs, which was reasonable. But everything else he does just makes me hate him. His racism didnt help at all, but could of been looked over as a character flaw. But it was when I got to Chapter 18 of Path of Radiance. It wasnt bad enough this guy was a racist, but he is also a traitor now? Seriously Shinon, you couldnt just take some lowly Merc jobs, or even offered assistance to Crimea or Begnion or something? You had to join Daein? That was it from there, final nail in the coffin for hating Shinon. Even though he may be one of the best archers in the series in RD, I never really used him unless I had to.

Characters I like that everyone else dislikes.

Xander: Alright, another case of everyone being justified and even completely correct in this case of all criticisms. Xander as a character, when it came to the story in Fates, sucked. Horrible character, but to me the idea of Xander being a Camus type and his supports completely redeems him for me. I just liked the character as a whole.

Edited by Tolvir

6 hours ago, Harvey said:

Berkut:

So, I know a lot of people have moved on from SoV but some of us are still playing it. Given that it's only a few months old things like these should still be spoiler tagged.

21 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Maribelle is probably my favourite Awakening character. She has excellent voice clips, and her supports reveal surprising depth.

Hey look, someone else who thinks so! Nice to see someone else see it.

I like/Others dislike:

Malliesia (I do not remember the current name): Yet another unit who's into the lord too much? Sure. But she's a healer, she's replacing Lena in gameplay (aka favourite Archanean cleric), and she does it well. And she does understand that Marth won't be into her. Unlike certain units.

Odin: Not amazing, and a bit lesser than Owain as a character. But still, he's not as bad as people make him out to be and he can actually work as a unit (Fine, except Heroes. He's only redeemed by his skills)

The Corrinsexuals/non-Spotpass Robinsexuals: Most of them should have been more involved than quite a few party members in their games and been full party members. That's all that needs to be said.

I dislike/Others like:

Hector: Yep, I'm going there. But it's not even dislike for the guy. I just think he's far too overhyped. 

Lucina: Similar overrated issue with Hector, but her supports aren't as good.

Azama: Heroes has made the one part I considered good about this guy bad. He's an utter asshat whose whole life is trolling others. He's a pretty decent mixed offence unit, and can work fine in game. He's just such a prick and there's not much else to him. Niles is the Nohrian equivalent, throw him in with Azama, but he has a background to him.

5 hours ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

The thing is that Edward is the only first tier unit who can double constantly stuff and can claim free kills with the brave sword.
Even if he got bad levels in the first chapters, he still can catch up.
1-4 and 1-5 (wind edge on the ledge) are good chapters to give him some levels. 

Also it's not that other units are less fragile than him.
Nolan is only marginally tankier than Edward. He'll have problems to take two steel axes, much less two tigers.
Aran has really bad start and his bad speed growth is another problem for him.

If you play without transfers a semi normal leveled Edward beats Jill in HM easily.

The only free kills I can imagine him getting are against mages, which, while it helps him because one hit from a Mage leaves him at death's doorstep, isn't something worth boasting about. Also, if he gets bad level ups early, I'm likely not going to give him a chance to redeem himself, because it's likely he'll do naught but squander it. 

Okay, but that's better than being 2HKOed by pretty much everything. And Aran does have a solid defense growth.

Just what is your definition of a "semi-normal-leveled" Edward???

9 hours ago, Oboro! said:

You know, you do have a point. I mostly play games for gameplay, but when it comes to stuff like this it's kind of almost pointless....

That kind of gets diluted since he says something nice to anything that even remotely resembles a woman lol How can one feel special if everyone gets the same treatment?

For me it's always been pointless. It's not like I've never felt the emotion before & it's not like I'm immune to either since I generally have an incredibly low opinion about people of the internet. But that doesn't change the fact that hatred is still the most over-rated emotion out there.