FE playable charaters that you like/hate that everyone else likes/hates

I don't really dislike many folks. I hate Shinon because he's a racist/speciest who never gets better or even tries to, but I dunno if he's very liked.

As for who I like that others dislike...

Est - She. Didn't. Cheat. On. Abel. Like, seriously, I have a better time believing she left with a combination of guilt for what she caused for Abel and immaturity at her age than leaving just to go with someone else. It's the wrong decision, but Est is young, and not perfect. I also like her mannerisms in Echoes.

Micaiah - I dunno, I like her looks and her backstory, but then the blood pact happened. I guess I just like her while understanding why people dislike her.

Celica - Act 4 made me like Celica more than I did for reasons similar to Est; she's a human teen that grew up relying on Mila, and she gets called out for trying to go with a decision which she believed was the only choice. She's not a perfect Mary Sue, and she's among my favorite lords.

There's probably more, but ehh...I'm not feeling like thinking more at the moment. :P

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that other people hate:

• Charlotte. Having read all of her Supports, there's a lot more to her than meets the eye. I wouldn't quite put her at the Oboro level "written like a real person," but she's a character with more depth than people give her credit for. She's also a fine unit.
  • Marisha. Not so much hate as much as obscurity, but she's a funny, silly character and a great magic-using unit.
  • Gordin. Heroes redeemed him for a lot of people, but he was always my archer in SD and New Mystery even before then.

I hate that other people like: 

• Kieran. He's nothing but a gimmick, and a not particularly entertaining one at that.
  • Mia. See above.
  • Oliver. The memes are still not funny, were never funny, and need to die. Yes I listed him in my previous post, I dislike him that much.
  • Any meme character in general, really.
  • Berkut. Good voice acting isn't enough to save him from being garbage.
  • Ophelia. A female Odin; that is, Owain without any of the depth or serious moments that made him not a one-note gimmick.
  • Niles. Without any of his softer moments from the original Japanese, he just comes off as a jerk and a generic yaoi seme (in that he's an asshole with no respect for others' personal space or feelings, but we're supposed to find it charming and romantic instead of obnoxious and creepy). The only decent thing about him is his bond with Leo.
  • Keaton. One-note tsundere trash wolf. He's at least a useful unit, if nothing else.
Edited by Azure Sen

2 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Est - She. Didn't. Cheat. On. Abel. Like, seriously, I have a better time believing she left with a combination of guilt for what she caused for Abel and immaturity at her age than leaving just to go with someone else. It's the wrong decision, but Est is young, and not perfect. I also like her mannerisms in Echoes.

Celica - Act 4 made me like Celica more than I did for reasons similar to Est; she's a human teen that grew up relying on Mila, and she gets called out for trying to go with a decision which she believed was the only choice. She's not a perfect Mary Sue, and she's among my favorite lords.

So, where did anyone imply that Est cheated on Abel? I'm curious, as that would be news to me. I always though that her being frightened was the reason. Sure, definitely not mature, but still. Didn't make me sympathetic, but that's more my perception on the whole situation. A whole bunch of unhappy people.

As for Celica, I've always felt that there's too much hatred for Celica in that act. Sure, everyone's going "WHY ARE YOU TRUSTING BLUE CHEDDAH?", but this is a blue cheddah who's supposed to know the way to Mila. Though the fact she had to face other enemies (like Dolth) is pretty dumb with that in mind. She's doing it for a lot more people than herself, knowing that Zofia was still reliant to the gods.

Any new units I might have a thought on?

Boah - I feel bad for the poor guy. He gets a lot of crap but he's left in a bunch of bad situations and dies for his mistakes. He's also a promoted mage in SD, so you don't have to surrender in harder difficulties with Wendell's death.

Narcian - Overrated villain of the day! The best moment he even has is Clarine smoking his ass with words. The only way I can like the guy is a joke, but I can't take him seriously, and it knocks on Zephiel sadly. Give me Valter any day.

I dislike Rudolf and Celica because their character make no sense, and everything  they do seems unreasonable, unnecessary, both or just plain stupid, and I think that's mainly the fault of the plot of Echoes. I also dislike Hinata, and Hana, but a lot of people seem to like them for reasons.I dislike them because they seem so one dimensional, and cliche.

On 9/25/2017 at 1:53 AM, Lau said:

Ike: Why is he so popular? What is so good about him? Is it because he isn't royalty? I really don't see any difference, he does the same as any other lord in the series. Is it because he leads a band of mercenaries? It's still an army, just like every other lord. Is it because he's macho and is more outspoken? Probably, but...I just don't get it. I despise him, and it irritates me to no end that IS has proclaimed him the 'strongest hero' like come on? My main issue is his fans. You say you don't like him, and they jump down your throat. Keep in mind, this is not all Ike fans, but the ones I've come across...ugh.

Takumi: My main problem is how he treats Azura. Like, dude. You grew up with her, why are you treating her like this?

...I like Ike because I've always liked the Hero class but Dread Fighters have always looked like the most angst and Ike gets to be a Vanguard instead. I also like Takumi because he's a pineapple. That's really enough said, isn't it?

Like:

Karel: really wish he didn't lock the player out of Brave Sword so people hate him less...

Karla: I just like the Wo Dao a lot lol

Dislike:

Ike: I've only played RD so maybe I'm missing something but I never understood his relationship with the Black Knight and this just really stuck out as a sore point to me. Also I keep hearing about Ike requests in other games too much (one of THOSE things)

There's lots of other characters I might list but I'm not sure how popular/unpopular they are so I'll just end it here I guess.

2 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

Ike: I've only played RD so maybe I'm missing something but I never understood his relationship with the Black Knight and this just really stuck out as a sore point to me.

I mean.....you kinda have to play Path of Radiance first for Radiant Dawn to make sense.

Just now, Armagon said:

I mean.....you kinda have to play Path of Radiance first for Radiant Dawn to make sense.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as I can tell, the Black Knight killed Ike's dad, so shouldn't Ike hate him? Instead he treated BK like some great warrior and IIRC he even wanted to fight him again? Just to know if he was as great as Greil? (as opposed to avenging Greil's death)?

This is just my POV and my process of thought that made me go "wtf" in these moments. This reasoning may be flawed because of w/e happened in PoR but this is just how I came to think like that.

6 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as I can tell, the Black Knight killed Ike's dad, so shouldn't Ike hate him? Instead he treated BK like some great warrior and IIRC he even wanted to fight him again? Just to know if he was as great as Greil? (as opposed to avenging Greil's death)?

This is just my POV and my process of thought that made me go "wtf" in these moments. This reasoning may be flawed because of w/e happened in PoR but this is just how I came to think like that.

He spent the last three years under the impression that he had avenged his father, and spent some of those time appreciating the Black Knight's style and copying it.

Plus, knowing the Black Knight's true identity probably helped Ike differentiate 'man who murdered his father' to 'this fine warrior in front of me'. (Ike and the Black Knight's true identity were on the same side in PoR, but the latter didn't appear too much outside the Chapter 22 area and the epilogue if you let Tanith die).

Oh, look, it’s this thread! I don’t think I’ve ever posted in a thread like this, so here we go. I don’t really hate anyone, and there’s only a handful of people I do dislike. Even then, there will be quite a few words in this most, so bear with me here.

Characters whom I think people dislike but I like:

Est. The girl is really broken. Constantly getting captured and used as a hostage doesn’t help your self-esteem. Her just up and leaving is understandable from the point of view of not wanting to burden Abel and her sisters with even more of her problems.

Celica. A genuinely flawed and well-intentioned girl unfortunate to be in an IS game along with Alm the Other Hero-King. Even though the player knows Jedah is obviously evil and deceiving, to Celica he is still the only way to Mila, and with her being deeply believing and trusting in her goddess, she had to go along.

Faye. Whether IS wanted to portray her as suffering from a mental disorder or not, the girl definitely has issues. Her pining for Alm likely stems from his saving her from Slayde and his henchmen back in the prologue, and this is when her mental stability is cracked. The later full-blown war she’s following Alm into could not not take a toll on her sanity, which made her proclaim her delight of slaying enemies in Alm’s name. Nevertheless, she kept enough sanity to accept the impossibility of her ending up with Alm, so she tried to move on.

Lyn. It’s sad to see she’s now falling to the overhype trap, with Nintendo promoting here everywhere after the CYL poll. Her tutorial section is also often held against her, as is her almost non-involvement in the story. Even then, she still has her consistently determined and reliable personality covered in supports.

Eirika. Proto-E:SoV!Celica? Does wrong things in order to be proven wrong by a man. Handed the idiot ball after being held in the dark by everybody regarding her bracelet, and later the stone. Being trusting is seemingly a bad trait when exhibited in IS women, while a heroic one with men.

Lute. I severely dislike forced memes, and Lute having been turned into one is really sad. The girl is a self-proclaimed prodigy who lacks social skills, only having interacted with Artur. Hence she’s a huge nerd with regards to everything that strikes her fancy (see her getting really interested in a supposed recipe of a love potion made from pegasus feathers as an example).

Ilyana. I can’t really invent any rational reason for liking her besides her being cute. Then again, she's pretty shrewd for all her dizzyness and food fixation: she quickly figures out whom to exploit. This backfire with Lucia, but it works out well for both: Ilyana gets her food, and Lucia gets a fit Ilyana to protect Elincia. I admit, seeing Ilyana trade her twintails and microskirt for a bun and an absolute slit as a PoR!Sage was amusing.

Micaiah. Is it still popular to hate Micaiah? She's selflessly and limitlessly devoted to her motherland, willing and able to do non-heroic things for her sake. And she's robbed of her game. Thanks Blueberry.

Chris. By Naga, the spelling Kris is so dumb. Ahem. Chris is being derided for stealing Marth’s and Jagen’s Mystery lines and somehow turning out a great stratgist and tactician shadowing Marth’s, Jagen’s, and Malledus’ achievements. Seeing as New Mystery is presented as more a personal point of view as compared to Mystery’s more official point of view, it makes sense that not everything that was done by the Altean League was to be credited to Marth alone. The Hero King needed his mythos, and Mystery was his mythos. New Mystery is sort of a look behind the scenes, and it doesn’t degrade or reduce Marth’s importance in any way.

Miriel. Again, no idea whether she’s actually disliked or not. Miriel is another take on the nerd mage stereo-/archetype, first seen with Canas, then Lute, and recently, E:SoV!Luthier. Miriel positions herself as a scholar and a researcher, applying scientific method to all things magical. Her curious and inquisitive mind is what attracts me to her. And her design does too.

Lucina. Again, backlash from being overhyped? Coming from future to set right what once went wrong, the princess of Ylisse adopts the guise of Marth to prevent the end of the world as she knows it. And she’s apparently quite the actress too. She seems emotionally distant to anyone not being Chrom or his immediate vicinity due to her already having lost him and everyone in her time and not wanting it to repeat. Her tragic backstory and one-minded determination also left her a bit lacking in social skills, which also bring life to her character.

I would have talked about Fates too, but I’m only in progress of watching Conquest Ch. 12, so I’m abstaining here.

That was quite a few words about quite a few characters, all of them (co)incidentally being female (or Chris). Guess I have an issue with how IS portrays women in the games: either weak-willed or unreasonably stubborn, unable to do right things without a man leading the way. But one can dream for the better. One certainly can.

Now, for those whom I think people like, but I dislike:

Alm. Awakening Alm was a fresh coat of paint on your usual Fire Emblem noble, all-forgiving lord. In E:SoV, it’s all gone, replaced with aura of perfection everybody is compelled to bend their knee down to. The theme of your birthright not defining your fate fell flat because of Alm actually turning out to be royalty. The theme of conflict between ruthlessness and compassion fell flat because Alm really lacked the first. The theme of both brand-bearers having to work together fell flat because of Celica always turning out to be wrong and Alm being always right anyway. Why was he made so perfect? I guess people love their Ikes.

Ephraim. The proto-Ike leeroying around with two underlings and one traitor and never picking fights he can’t win. The most obvious wearer of plot armour who isn't allowed to lose because he never loses. Taking his brash tendencies from Hector, taking his brash tendencies from Sigurd and Lex, Ephraim didn’t inherit his brains along with his brawn. Hector is actually good at court politics, putting on a mask of dumb muscle to confuse the Lycian lords. Ephraim is not a well-groomed ruler, which Seth speaks upon. All he lives for and does is fight, which he is never allowed to lose because see point one. And he’s made to look more sensible even though he still loses the stone to the Demon King. Astonishing.

Ike. The Blueberry himself. I am pretty sure I’ve said enough about him already so that I don't need to repeat myself, but here we go in an abridged form: he is too perfect. See Ephraim? Add “I’m not noble” and you get Ike. Incapable of interacting with any independent or else group without putting his foot into his mouth, insulting them, beating them up, or all of the above, he somehow becomes the messiah that everybody heeds; and if they don’t heed, they are noble dicks who are to be bulldozed anyway, because nobility is bad unless it's good. Sanaki was dicking around anyway, Shinon was an unrepentant dick anyway, and everybody is a dick except those who follow Ike. And then they pull a Yune to cheat Micaiah of her game. Applause.

Black Knight. I already typed so much about Ike so that I'm pretty exhausted for writing about his nemesis, but the Black Knight isn’t a very engaging character to me either. I guess the “I need to kill my master to prove to him that I was better” type is reltively common, but that's what makes him unbearable. Blackmailing Greil into dueling him by threatening to torture Mist is just petty. You are not worthy of the title of a Daein’s Rider, Mr Warp Powder. Begone. Ashnard should have taken your place as the overarching villain of Path of Radiance, instead of only appearing in like two chapters of the game.

Woah. I didn’t expect to write an actual thirteen-hundred-word essay on fictional characters in a video game serie. What the hell is wrong with me?

Edited by Vaximillian

Like, but everyone else dislikes: People generally don't dislike her personality, but by and large consider her worthless as a unit, but gotdamn I love Tailtiu. I get her to promotion every time. I just really, really love fe4's version of wrath. (Usually people are nicer to her daughter, but still tend not to be too keen on her. I love Tine too)

I also don't think fe5's Leif is nearly as bad a unit as everyone says, but that might just be because in my playthrough he ended up with 10 move, unaided by the leg ring or Dain scroll.

As for characters people like that I hate? Valter. I mean, even the people who aren't gross weirdos that wanna bang fe tommy wiseau tend to think he's a cool memorable villain, but frankly he's just... blander, rapey Kefka that dies in a pretty unspectacular fashion 2/3s of the way through.

Edited by camelpimp

Characters that I like, that others dislike:

I really like Owain/Odin, because while it is easy to shit on him for his eccentric mannerisms, he has some depth that a lot of people just don't seem to see or appreciate. He suffers from survivors guilt as bad as any of the Awakening kids -- especially because (in his support with his father) his parents died protecting him. He writes his stories and comes up with these ridiculous names because they are something he can control, something that he can use to motivate him to be a better warrior, a better hero, so that nobody else he loves has to die for him. He copes with PTSD through creative writing essentially, and in both Awakening and Fates his proficiency with martial weapons and their maintenance is expressed -- a skill that provides a strong foundation for his character's worth as a fighter.

In Fates, both in his supports and with the DLC story chapters, you see that part of the reason for him doubling down on these behaviors is to enforce his identity in this new world, to create a persona that he can lean on as he adapts to a new name, a new life, a new style of things. In his supports with Ophelia and his Awakening buddies, he clearly expresses a longing for home and a maturity towards his duty that shows his growth as a person. His support with Leo is one of my favorite supports in Fates, for two reasons: firstly, it is shown that now-Odin has pulled off some incredible shit in the service of Leo (which puts his power level higher than his stat spread would suggest -- something that also occurs in his supports with Selena), and secondly it shows that Odin is still trying to be better, to grow and protect people -- but that his heart is as big as it has ever been. I honestly feel like part of the reason he breaks down in a couple supports (w\Severa in Awakening, Felicia in Fates) is because the persona that he has to lean on -- the identity that he has had to lie about, when identity is a huge thing for him (and me) -- is being broken, and he goes back to being alone again. He has a big heart, and a rich mind for creation, and I admire that. 

I like all of the Awakening trio honestly, though I think Severa/Selena is the lowest of those three for me. Laslow matures (in perhaps the wrong, but funny, ways?) too, but Selena kinda just...doesn't as much. But I still like her supports. 

I have others, but Owain is the big one for me to talk about. 

Characters that others like, that I hate:

I've always found Lucina to be incredibly generic good-girl-lord with the addition of PTSD. She's like a more mature/broken Eirika, and I'm pretty meh towards Eirika (and Ephraim for that matter, SS is my fave in the franchise, but I like the supporting cast and villains significantly more than the Lords). I suppose I could give her another shot, but ehhh....

I've never liked Hinoka, she's goddamn Tommy Pickles. I can't un-see Rugrats Emblem. Her voice man, ugh. 

I've always thought Gilliam and Moulder were both boring characters and bad units. The only armor knight I've ever been able to use without feeling hobbled is Effie, and Effie is low-key busted for a lot of Conquest. Moulder is just a boring character -- though I take it back, he isn't a bad unit. Staff utility alone is nice, and his Con is great, but I've always used Natasha instead because I like her more. Perhaps overrated is the best word for my view of them.

Lyn is a garbage unit. Her "mode" in FE7 is far too long, and unskippable the first time through, and just bad. Her supports are mediocre, but as a unit she is just not redeemable. She is made of paper and I've never had a promoted Lyn be able to ORKO a single promoted enemy in any run. Hector can do it, Eliwood can do it. Lyn suffers from "first-girl" status, and I just don't care about her. 

Characters I like that others don't:

Knoll: More forgotten then disliked, but I remember enjoying his supports and I liked him as a Dark Magic user more then Ewan.

Shiro: A well-rounded character locked behind the stigma of the babyrealms.

Lief: Another example of being more forgotten then hated, I feel he's one of the stronger lords since the challenges and failures he endures are a lot more meaningful then most other lords and the way he grows is pretty likeable. 

Skrimir: I see a lot of fans call him an idiot and he is, when he starts out. As the story goes on, he starts to respect Soren more and appreciate the need of strategy and charisma rather then brute strength, and after his failure with Zelgius he mellows out and becomes a more thoughtful leader. He ends up being one of Part 3's stronger points, and it's a shame that it gets lost with all of the issues that pop up with that arc. 

Saizo: He's typically seen as the edgelord ninja of the trio in Fates, but I found him to be the most likeable of the group since he has a good set of supports and an enjoyable motivation.

Characters I dislike that others like: 

Selkie: I find her very one-note and her gimmick tends to be more annoying then enjoyable to me.

Ophelia: Same boat as Selkie, I do prefer her gimmick, but the fact that it takes from Owain without the nuances that made him likeable hurts her. 

Narcian: While it fits his character, his constant underestimating of the heroes got a bit grating after a while and his strength isn't backed up enough to truly justify it for me.

Alm: I don't hate him and I do appreciate the charm of his observation lines, but I don't feel he really goes anywhere as a character due to his personality not really having too many flaws to exploit or develop from.

Berkut: He could've been a good villain, but since the story botches his pacing and relationship with Rinea I found him to be ineffectual and whiny rather then tragic. 

Edited by Medeus

On 9/27/2017 at 0:38 AM, Vaximillian said:

Woah. I didn’t expect to write an actual thirteen-hundred-word essay on fictional characters in a video game serie. What the hell is wrong with me?

There is worse, and remember, it's perfectly okay to take a break from SF if you feel its consuming too much of your life. We don't need you here, you don't need to contribute. Things can go on without you, or me, or anyone else who doesn't manage the site.

On 9/27/2017 at 0:38 AM, Vaximillian said:

And then they pull a Yune to cheat Micaiah of her game. Applause.

I don't want to debate here, but it's Yune + shoving four stories into one game that hurt Micaiah. Ike does steal the attention as part of this I admit, but to be fair, PoR did not end his story. Strangely, the script here on SF cuts short in PoR's Epilogue, skip to 27:06 here and it is stated clearly that Ike's journeys were not over. Plus the mystery of just who the Black Knight was had not been totally resolved. Ike was destined to return for better and or for worse, although they didn't have to give him such a heroic limelight-stealing opening in RD or make the Tower his climb.

Of course, your points on Ike and the BK are well founded, Ike is too perfect and the nobility issue is badly handled. The BK became one of those "Villains you're supposed to sympathize with, but you don't" at the end of RD, and did detract from Ashy in PoR.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I start to think about it, I actually don't like Lucina as much as I used to. Mostly due to how she gets more attention for being in Smash Bros and how that gets overboard compared to the rest of the canon FE characters. (And, also by association with, the crossover franchise itself that I have a lot of beef with.) Roy and Marth in Smash Brothers also count - especially when a few have their characteristics changed from their canon games. (They're perfectly fine in their canon games.)  And I say this because: A) I consider FE's gameplay to be part of the story where everyone does his/her part in winning the military campaign; B) contrary to (what I think is the) popular opinion, I am not convinced that Smash Bros contributed to FE's popularity all that much. (I mean, it didn't prevent FE from nearly being cancelled, and it didn't prevent the Tellius duology's below-expected sales either.)

In terms purely of gameplay, I also don't like how some of the pre-promotes and Lords are overpowered to the point where people start to recommend one-manning with them. Yeah, especially Seth and Titania, I'm looking at you. Again, I thought the whole point of an FE game is to actually raise unique units, have them work as a team to achieve stuff that one person cannot on his/her own...

Edited by henrymidfields

17 minutes ago, henrymidfields said:

I am not convinced that Smash Bros contributed to FE's popularity all that much. (I mean, it didn't prevent FE from nearly being cancelled, and it didn't prevent the Tellius duology's below-expected sales either.)

Brawl being released after Radiant Dawn's sales stopped getting counted probably didn't help.

It was a massive push, but Fire Emblem was not doing a good job of capitalising on the effort on its end. We got two games after Melee that didn't have Marth or Roy (unless you're American, in which you get a cameo of kid!Roy in 7 to get your hopes up). And when Marth got a game after Brawl, it was followed by the more popular Marth game getting Mothered. There's also the fact the incentive helped.

I like, but people hate:

Soren: I know that Soren is well liked, but I've seen a lot of people hating him and I'm like, why? For me he is not only an awesome mage, he is my favorite character in the entire franchise, he has a well-writtem backstory and a personality to match and his design is just so pretty to look at. He is my precious cinnamon roll, I can't stand seeing people hate him, Soren is the best character in a game that I've seen in my life, because he is very human, I know that people like different things, but I find very hard to dislike him, also, he deserve all the happiness in the world, and after living a hell when as child, you can't spect him to be all happy and friendly, and he opened slowly and become less harsh in RD but still he remained a little closed and still only trusted Ike, he got a realist development. And I find ridicuolous that some people bash on him because he is canon-implied to be Ike love interest, they don't get any simpathy from me.

Sumia: She is my second waifu from Awakening, she is an amazing lady, she has confidence issues but she try her best to become better, she loves to read and she is so lovely and pretty, and some stupid people hate her because canon-implied, sigh, such idiocy, yeah, the Chrom support is trash but Chrom himself is trash. And Robin can be male or female so no sense of saying she steal Chrom from her, and Cordelia don't do anything to get Chrom, she don't have any right so hating Sumia because her friend is stupid, I'd take Sumia over Cordelia everytime.

Celica and Micaiah, these two awesome ladies deserved better, the story of their games played bad for both, but Celica is more human and have more deep than Alm, even if I love him, is a shame that Celica as awesome as she is was put in the naive and damisel in disaster, and Micaiah moral dilema was nice, I dislike how Yune and Ike stoled her screentime. Justice for females lord.

Pelleas: Yeah, the blod pact was stupid, yeah, he should read before firm anything, but Pelleas really growth as a person and as a king during the game, he tried his best for Daein, even if he ended up being only a pawn of Izuka and lived a lie, he do his best even when he was weak and shy, I just love Pelleas.

Makalov: I don' hate him nor I like him, also he is kinda funny to read, but I agree that he ruined Astrid's character, she lose her dignity when she fall in love with him.

Ninian: Just, just... Same case as Sumia and Soren, she is so pretty, she is a nice unit, her story and role in the plot are so neat, she is a sweet girl that deserved better.

The Fates cast, yeah, there are some trash and bad writted as Pieri and so, but there are a lot of amazing, with neat backstories, no as neat as Soren's one, and pretty desings, they deserved better than a bad writted game and a Gary Stu/Mary Sue protagonist.

Any mage with social skill, that archetype just bring me life, I can see why people may not like them, but I love their weird interactions.

I hate, but people like:

Silas: omg, I can't stand this guy, he is an hypocrit! He tried to play the best friend and nice guy, bit he is an asshole! He is as harsh as Joker/Jakob! But why? I can't stand he is nice friend to Kamui but an ass to other people but he tries to appear nice to others, that drive me crazy. Also, why you being a Nohr knight turn side when you want to? Also, I prefer competitive childhood friend like Boyd, oh Boyd I love you so much.

Faye: Her only trait is being obsessed with Alm! She is an ass to anyone that is not Alm for NO reason, Soren was a worse stalker, more obsessed and more of a dick, but he wss well-writted and his personality made sense and was justified, this thot don't. Leon is in love with Valbar and talk a lot of him, he adores him but don't come as Faye, he is not a pain in the ass and I don't want to let him die, in fact I love him, but Faye is just a failure as a character, burn her. And I like Tharja and Camilla, so go figure.

Chrom: My least liked lord of all the games I've played till now, at least I liked Kamui desing and support wise, also is an awesome unit, but Chrom even if time to time funny in suports, always turn a trash unit that need someone to protect him, he is a pain in the ass, also I dislike generic protagonist, and even more his stupid hypocrit personality that just appear when the plot need it, just fuck yourself Chrom. Also, I find his fangirls really anoying.

Seth: I don't care if he is a good unit, SS is an easy game, I find him boring and overrated and I dislike his ship with Eirika, he can enjoy the bench alone, I don't see the appealing, and Titania and Frederick are more enjoyable Oifayes, I'd take them anytime over this dude, just fuck Seth.

Donnel: I like other trainee units, but I can't like this guy, I just dislike his country nice guy act, and he is not that nice unit, more than anything I hate is fame and his fanboys.

Cordelia: I hate Catria archetype, I don't tend to like redhead ladies and I HATE perfectionist like characters, Cordelia has a some thing that might make her a nice and well-written character, but all that the game do is praising her for being pretty, perfect, she never do anything wrong and everyone love her, she is a freaking Mary Sue! How a guy can not mind marry a girl that love other dude? That's gross, also, why everyone want to praise her? And her humble act make everything more anoying, and she is not that pretty nor good unit, Sumia is better imo. The only thing that I like about her is her daughter, she is a well and realistic character.

Delthea: I just hate perfectionist characters, and she is an anoying brat! She is a dick to Luthier and I love Luthier, I'd take him over his brat sister all the time, I love my null social skill mage archetype, not brats... Even if I love Ricken.

Male Morgan: I hate generic bland nice guy archetype, I find Morgan anoying without any personality, he can burn in hell, I'd take his female counteroart anytime anyday. The only good thing about him is that he can be Priam's son and has that beautiful blue hair.

Edited by Truffa

20 minutes ago, Truffa said:

I hate, but people like:

21 minutes ago, Truffa said:

Faye

Wait, what? Last i checked, Faye was mostly everyone's least favorite SoV playable character.

Just now, Armagon said:

Wait, what? Last i checked, Faye was mostly everyone's least favorite SoV playable character.

I managed to find a hella big group of people that love her across the net... For thing like this aliens don't come to us.

5 minutes ago, Truffa said:

I managed to find a hella big group of people that love her across the net... For thing like this aliens don't come to us.

Right, but i think that's still a minority. I like Faye and i'm willing to defend her with a proper argument but i'm not gonna deny that me and the rest of those people are in the minority.

3 minutes ago, Truffa said:

I'm in the 'liking her' camp. I've been in Faye's shoes a lot when I was her age- I understand where she comes from, and appreciate that they showed that they didn't have to have everyone warm up to everyone. Even now, I'd be hard-pressed to befriend people for the sake of it- I could definitely see myself pushing people away as a C Support.

I understand why this makes her unlikable, but dang it, I wish it didn't have to be that way.

On 7/22/2017 at 10:04 PM, saisymbolic said:

Dislike

Cordelia - I don't see her appeal. Not knocking on anyone that does like her and can see her appeal, though. "B-but you like Tsubaki! He's totally a knock off of Cordelia!" Let me tell you, though: Tsubaki is, in fact, not perfect. He is an arrogant, vain and insecure character that breaks his ass covering any flaws that manage to be discovered. This is why I like him. On the other hand, Cordelia is . . . a perfect person who is a genius at everything while also being humble? And her only flaws are being bad at running and unrequited love? I don't really know?

I retract the bolded. I mean, I still dislike Cordelia but, thanks to a video by Ghast, I have a better appreciation for her.

Also wanted to add Arthur to my "like but everyone dislikes" list. He's a clumsy but altruistic do-gooder who's "quirk" doesn't completely ruin him, in my opinion.

Edited by saisymbolic

I despise Nowi with a BURNING PASSION.

I HATE HER FACE. I HATE HER EXPOSED STOMACH. I HATE HER VOICE. I HATE HER DIALOGUE. I HATE HOW SHE NEVER SHUTS UP ABOUT BEING TEN THOUSAND YEARS OLD. YES I GET IT YOU'RE THE TYPICAL ANIME GIRL THAT LOOKS 5 AND IS ACTUALLY A CENTURY OLD WELL HOW GOOD FOR YOU. 

She has the personality of a deviantart Sonic OC and yet people love her because "muh waifu xd"

Edited by ore no stando da