Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

ironic how this popularity contest will probably make Gaius more unpopular because of the salt 

Yep, he's already Sanaki tier hate level.

5 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

... And death to the usurper who took the throne of second place from his rightful majesty Lord Tomato the Suntanning Vampire.

Edit: Though I must also agree with this:

If a guy's going to win, he needs to earn it, and not just win due to multipliers.

Edited by Rezzy

Well now that this is over, I just want to say that Asugi > Gaius. Personality doesn't matter, Asugi wins out because he comes in variety of flavors:

Spoiler

Felicia: Watermelon (my favorite)

Sakura: Cherry

Hinoka: Strawberry

Orochi: Grape

Setsuna: Blue Raspberry

Oboro: Blueberry

Kagero: Black Licorice

Hana: Uhh Cinnamon, or Ginger? (or some Japan-only flavor)

Rinkah: Lemon

Mozu: Root Beer

Charlotte: Buttered Popcorn

Beruka: Coconut

Gaius on the other hand only comes in crappy Mystery flavor.

Mmm... I could use a lollipop now. Ideally one which wouldn't break my teeth if I suddenly got the urge to bite down hard on it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Well, candy man is officially dead and buried. Hopefully the same can be said of the idiotic multiplier once the next gauntlet comes around. Salt aside, I still had my fun with this one. Shout-out to @Rezzy's Bridelia who I had at least half the time in this gauntlet and who kicked all sorts of ass. Also to @Ice Dragon's units for being absurd as per usual.

I entered a battle like a minute before the last hour multiplier began and because it was before the multiplier, it wouldn't let me get the bonus. Spent 200 flags thinking there wouldn't be a multiplier and lo, and behold, there was one. Whatever, still had 200 feathers for that.

Rank 1,968 with a score of 1,448,200 on team summer Gaius. Would have been higher if I joined that one battle a couple minutes later. Meh.

Total rank of 4,770. 5,700 feathers in the bag from the last round.

Sweet, that and the previous feathers from the last round about makes up for me promoting 3* neutral Barst, Draug, Felicia, Jagen, Matthew, Navarre, Raigh, Sophia, and Wrys to 4*. Give or take some since I think Berkut, Catria, Cecilia, Lloyd, Palla, and Stahl were trained before this group. Legion was definitely trained before, but got stopped a bit until some units could catch up to help him out. Ditto with Gunter and a retrained Olivia -- do not ask why.

I just went on a training frenzy after the Tempest Trials since leveling up units is fun to me compared to that horrid grind. Except for Jagen who was a pain in the buttocks to level up, it's just to cover for GHBs, Squad Assaults, etc., if I can't figure out a strategy. That and it doesn't hurt to have a ton of level 40* units. Barst, Draug, and Navarre were just promoted today. That just leaves neutral Niles and future freebies like Clive and Valter who need to be leveled up as 4* units at least.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well now that this is over, I just want to say that Asugi > Gaius. Personality doesn't matter, Asugi wins out because he comes in variety of flavors:

Hide contents

Felicia: Watermelon (my favorite)

Sakura: Cherry

Hinoka: Strawberry

Orochi: Grape

Setsuna: Blue Raspberry

Oboro: Blueberry

Kagero: Black Licorice

Hana: Uhh Cinnamon, or Ginger? (or some Japan-only flavor)

Rinkah: Lemon

Mozu: Root Beer

Charlotte: Buttered Popcorn

Beruka: Coconut

Rinkah would be a pepper, and you're missing out on Takumi the pineapple head. Other than that, I think it's perfect.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If I guy's going to win, he needs to earn it, and not just win due to multipliers.

Agreed. I just wish Leo would have won against Gaius; I think he at least would have given Corrin a bit of competition.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, candy man is officially dead and buried. Hopefully the same can be said of the idiotic multiplier once the next gauntlet comes around. Salt aside, I still had my fun with this one. Shout-out to @Rezzy's Bridelia who I had at least half the time in this gauntlet and who kicked all sorts of ass. Also to @Ice Dragon's units for being absurd as per usual.

Nice to hear she was helpful.  She is now permanently at the top of my Team Edit menu since it takes mergers into account.

I wish I could say I had fun, but thinking a game is fair goes into my enjoyment for games, and if I feel cheated, then it's not fun.

I do wonder, for all the people hating on Gaius because he beat Leo due to a multiplier... Would you also hate Leo for beating Corrin because of the multiplier if he had got through?

Oh well, I got to top 1000 rank on both cumulative and army, so the feathers keep me happy :D 

I'll stick with adoring Gaius <3 

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, candy man is officially dead and buried. Hopefully the same can be said of the idiotic multiplier once the next gauntlet comes around.

The multiplier system is definitely flawed but I'd rather have it over the boring curbstomps of past gauntlets. The developers need to improve that system. 

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Couldn't Gaius technically be orange or even pumpkin if you want to go into weird flavors? Hell he could even be carrot.

Either way though, the latter two would be terrible in candy and I hate the former so Asugi still wins out.

Does anyone actually like orange flavored candy?

Edit:

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I do wonder, for all the people hating on Gaius because he beat Leo due to a multiplier... Would you also hate Leo for beating Corrin because of the multiplier if he had got through?

Oh well, I got to top 1000 rank on both cumulative and army, so the feathers keep me happy :D 

I would be sort of happy we won, but overall I would be pretty upset at the flawed system. Leo shouldn't have won to begin with so it would feel like an extremely unfair match overall.

Edited by SageOfAnys

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Are we talking same graph as the Corrin Gaius matchup, but with a Corrin loss at the end?

Just now, Ildanach said:

Are we talking same graph as the Corrin Gaius matchup, but with a Corrin loss at the end?

I was meaning Leo wins round 2 and then in a stunning turn of a events, he manages to edge the win out over Corrin solely because of a multiplier 

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I wouldn't hate him, but I'd feel like it was a hollow victory, and be disgusted that I only won from bad mechanics.  I said as such when it looked like Mist might beat Lissa due to a last minute multiplier.

4 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

I do, it's not strawberry level, but it's better than lemon or lime.

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't think so, mostly because Leo seems to be a very popular character even outside of Japan.

6 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Yes; it is tied as my third favorite flavor with strawberry.

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I was meaning Leo wins round 2 and then in a stunning turn of a events, he manages to edge the win out over Corrin solely because of a multiplier 

I know. I was asking if in this scenario Leo gets bonuses in round 3 as often as Gaius did, while Corrin got none, and then he also won it all.

Edited by Ildanach
slight clarification

I was too busy having fun with my friends today to care any more about the gauntlet. I'll take my feathers and call it a day.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wouldn't hate him, but I'd feel like it was a hollow victory, and be disgusted that I only won from bad mechanics.  I said as such when it looked like Mist might beat Lissa due to a last minute multiplier.

For me, like I say, I'm not taking the voting gauntlet as a popularity contest anymore (just wish the name would be changed). Even if a character wins under their own steam, it feels like it wins nothing. If they win under a multiplier, it means nothing. Everything's pretty hollow because they always choose an overwhelmingly popular character to take part anyway (in this case, both Robin and Corrin - it was just a case of which one). 

The only effect it's had on me is everyone slating a character for a crappy mechanic -.- 

So I didn't feel digusted that he won, but I didn't feel any pride in it either. Just a case of eh, more feathers. In the final round, it'd be a case of finally a guy wins a gauntlet, but otherwise... still eh. 

@Ildanach

I'd assume it'd go a similar way, only adding Leo winning at the end 

Edited by Cute Chao

14 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

For me, like I say, I'm not taking the voting gauntlet as a popularity contest anymore (just wish the name would be changed). Even if a character wins under their own steam, it feels like it wins nothing. If they win under a multiplier, it means nothing. Everything's pretty hollow because they always choose an overwhelmingly popular character to take part anyway (in this case, both Robin and Corrin - it was just a case of which one). 

The only effect it's had on me is everyone slating a character for a crappy mechanic -.- 

So I didn't feel digusted that he won, but I didn't feel any pride in it either. Just a case of eh, more feathers. In the final round, it'd be a case of finally a guy wins a gauntlet, but otherwise... still eh. 

They haven't really made use of the most popular guys much.  Ike, Roy, and Hector have not even appeared yet, and they're the most popular guys.  Ephraim went up against number 2 Girl Lucina and Robin went up against Tharja.  Of the 9 top 10 girls in the poll, only Lyn, Azura, and Nowi haven't been in a Gauntlet yet.  By Contrast, 6 out of the 10 Top Guys (5 of 9 if you count Ike together) have yet to appear in a Gauntlet at all.  One of the reasons the girls keep winning is they pick one of the top girls and pit them against middling popular guys.  Leo's been used several times, but he's only number 10 on the guys' side.

4 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

But Leo only would have won to Corrin due to multipliers as well.

I know, and rightfully so, but he should have made it to the finals.

Edited by Rezzy

I want an all-male gauntlet. Or a gauntlet that doesn't include any Fates or Awakening characters. Or if they can't do either, a gauntlet with no Nohrian characters. Seriously.