CYL FEH Channel Livestream coming Monday 3.30am UTC

DefyingFates

Choose Your Legend  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Freebie

This post appeared on Reddit, and it is an interesting speculation: 

Can confirm the lines were in the original datamine, but we all just assumed they referred to the "first free summon." which was implemented a few days later.

However, these lines were actually not used at all, and now are being speculated to refer to CYL.

Significant things to note:

1. "This session ends when you select a hero" - this was not how the free summon feature worked at all, as you could still keep summoning after your free pull. Further, the phrase "select a hero" implies you can see who you're getting.

2. "You can only choose one right now" - this is a warning message, which doesn't usually appear.

But, as people have pointed out, these may just be from an earlier version of the free summon feature that was later revised.

Just putting this out for interest.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That'd be kinda better. Think of all the SP one could get from 160 levels, especially if you have the CYL units weapon as a Weapon Valor skill somewhere. I know I'd pick the Axe unit in a heartbeat.

Definitely, I wouldnt complain about a 2 star unit. Though I would need a lot more feathers than I have right now.

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'd like to see the developers make a special banner with no Awakening or Fates characters. Or, if they MUST have characters from the 3DS games, use only the Hoshidans.

Because someone tell me ... why does Xander get two seasonal outfits when several other male and female characters are apparently more popular than he is? Lucina, Lyn, Roy, and Ike certainly didn't get two seasonal banners. (I'm not counting Masked Marth, that's a free unit.)

EDIT: Fuck it Thane, you Ninninger.

I agree. I would like to see some Tellius characters in a special banner personally, and if we go Awakening and Fates I would like to see some that werent exactly the most popular. Frederick was a pleasant surprise in the Summer banner. As far as Fates goes, they need to get away from the royals after doing a set for the Hoshidan royals. Do some of the retainers or something.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Definitely, I wouldnt complain about a 2 star unit. Though I would need a lot more feathers than I have right now.

I agree. I would like to see some Tellius characters in a special banner personally, and if we go Awakening and Fates I would like to see some that werent exactly the most popular. Frederick was a pleasant surprise in the Summer banner. As far as Fates goes, they need to get away from the royals after doing a set for the Hoshidan royals. Do some of the retainers or something.

I'd like that too.

I'd also welcome a 2 Star Unit(s).

By the way (and I've seen this asked on the subreddit to no avail), where did the Askrian outfit rumour come from or was it just a logical assumption? I always just figured the winners would get new outfits, not necessarily of the Order of Heroes, until seeing the first comments in this thread (though being members of the Order of Heroes would canonically warrant some freebies, right? :P)

Edited by DefyingFates

13 hours ago, r_n said:

Still hoping they just straight up give away a Glade to everyone as part of the CYL event.

I am just really enamored with the idea of "honoring" the least popular Fire Emblem character by forcing him on everyone. Pokemon giving away a Simisear alongside the most popular (Greninja, I believe) just tickled me so I just want to see more things like that. Bonus if its "CYL" Glade so he has a bunch of voice clips about being dead last.

I keep hoping something like this does happen, along with a Kellam randomly appearing without any sort of introduction (as part of his ingame lore). 

I bet it won't, but it would be funny to see xD 1* Glade for everyone! 

It helps that I actually do like Glade. He's just not a top favourite. But out of a cast of 100s, it's very hard to be a top favourite ^.^

12 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

When a CCG releases a new set, you buy packs specifically for that set, and no cards from outside the set will be in those packs.  When a gacha releases a new banner, you have to pull the new units out of the existing pool.  It would be like a CCG that never releases a new set, but periodically adds new cards into newly printed boosters.

That's entirely for the particular game to decide how they want to do it and isn't a fixed rule that every gacha game or trading card game has to follow.

Fate/Grand Order, for example, has three different static gacha pools you can pick from (with some overlap) and periodically rotates in "limited" characters.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links rotates out its "banners" in the exact same way that an analog trading card game does (because it literally is a trading card game using the gacha game format).

12 minutes ago, Thane said:

I have no idea what that means, but I'm glad it isn't what I thought at first glance.

Ninninger is a Super Sentai themed around ninjas. So it's basically saying "Thane you ninja'd me".

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

A super task force? Does that make me an elite ninja, then? 

Something like that, lol. Super Sentai is just Japanese Power Rangers, and I had it in my mind yesterday because my friend and I were watching the crossover movie between Ninninger and the previous series, ToQger.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Something like that, lol. Super Sentai is just Japanese Power Rangers, and I had it in my mind yesterday because my friend and I were watching the crossover movie between Ninninger and the previous series, ToQger.

You are making me feel less and less like a proper linguist with every post, my friend.

23 minutes ago, Thane said:

You are making me feel less and less like a proper linguist with every post, my friend.

Any reason why, lol

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Ninninger, Super Sentai, Power Rangers, ToQger...I require some special kind of dictionary for all of this!

Ahaha, they're just Super Sentai and Power Rangers :P:

But to get back on topic ... is anyone expecting anything really surprising from this livestream?

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ahaha, they're just Super Sentai and Power Rangers :P:

But to get back on topic ... is anyone expecting anything really surprising from this livestream?

I have about 30 sacred coins and they are burning a hole in my pocket, I want an explanation.

Edit: Besides, CYL I imagine would not warrant a very long presentation by itself. Free orbs and CYL release date seems like the only things we could get.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

All we really know is that it'll cover CYL. Aside from that, they'll probably go over the Sacred Coins or the next banner/Tempest Trials but beyond that, no.

23 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

We've known about them for a month, I think it's very likely we'll find out what they'll do on the stream. Perhaps their functionality (and the CYL Heroes) will come with a new update?

The CYL Heroes will probably be released on August 31, when the current main banners run out, while the next major update will probably go live about a week later. I do think they'll talk about both in the stream, though, with the coins being a likely part of the 1.7 update. (I'm still on board with the guess that they'll be used for upgrading Sacred Seals.)

It would be cool if they announced more 3*s or dropping the rarity of some units, but that may be too much to hope for after the 3* and 4* % swap last time.

1 hour ago, Alistair said:

All we really know is that it'll cover CYL. Aside from that, they'll probably go over the Sacred Coins or the next banner/Tempest Trials but beyond that, no.

Hopefully they'll reveal the GHB coming after the Narcian re-rerun. I'd like it if they could change the free daily heroes for some new ones or existing ones that haven't been featured as part of the rotation. 

59 minutes ago, Zeo said:

"3:30 AM Saturday, in Coordinated Universal Time is

11:30 PM Friday, in Fort Lauderdale, FL"

So does that mean... The Stream is 11:30 on Sunday for me?

It should localize it in your own notifications.