CYL FEH Channel Livestream coming Monday 3.30am UTC

DefyingFates

Choose Your Legend  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Freebie

Ha I knew Hoshido wouldn't get a special banner like Nohr did. Clearly my hopes for a yukata banner were just me being delusional. 

Anyway, I don't feel strongly about any of the poll winners. Never played Blazing Blade and am neutral towards Ike. Unless any of them have amazing skills I think I'll just conserve my orbs.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Ha I knew Hoshido wouldn't get a special banner like Nohr did. Clearly my hopes for a yukata banner were just me being delusional.

They still could, for all we know. It would just likely be in October (maybe November) as opposed to September.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They still could, for all we know. It would just likely be in October (maybe November) as opposed to September.

Do you honestly believe they'd spend an important event like Halloween on the Hoshidans? There is a higher probablity that they'll just use Nohrians again (though only two/one as "Fates representatives" like in all special banners before), since they had an entire Halloween dlc focused on them already. They don't even have to come up with costumes. As for November... nah, there just aren't any events suited for them, so it'll either be skipped or used for a different game. Takumi as a christmas elf is the highest of dreams I have right now, and even that seems unlikely when they can go with the M!Corrin/Camilla combo opposing M!Robin/Tharja.   

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, I'm literally expecting nothing from the CYL characters.

I'm currently treating them similarly to Cipher's promotional cards, all of which are functionally identical to standard-issue cards, but with different artwork.

I want the Cipher’s OCs much more than the CYL banner. Also I sort of want the Warriors OCs because then I can treat Lianne as a seasonal Sharena.

18 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Do you honestly believe they'd spend an important event like Halloween on the Hoshidans? There is a higher probablity that they'll just use Nohrians again (though only two/one as "Fates representatives" like in all special banners before), since they had an entire Halloween dlc focused on them already. They don't even have to come up with costumes. As for November... nah, there just aren't any events suited for them, so it'll either be skipped or used for a different game. Takumi as a christmas elf is the highest of dreams I have right now, and even that seems unlikely when they can go with the M!Corrin/Camilla combo opposing M!Robin/Tharja.   

I was just trying to be optimistic. I legitimately do hope that they have a banner dedicated to the Hoshido royals at some point to balance out the Nohr bias. Sure, I personally wouldn't be particularly interested in such a banner since Sakura is the only one I care about but it would be nice to see IS finally throw a bone to those who prefer Hoshido/Birthright.

19 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Dude, I like Hoshido as much as the next guy but I don't see how having a banner of a Hoshido is supposed to be special. We're divided enough as fanbase as it is, let the SNES era get shot now & then.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I was just trying to be optimistic. I legitimately do hope that they have a banner dedicated to the Hoshido royals at some point to balance out the Nohr bias. Sure, I personally wouldn't be particularly interested in such a banner since Sakura is the only one I care about but it would be nice to see IS finally throw a bone to those who prefer Hoshido/Birthright.

Thank you. I am mostly just trying to save myself from further disappointement, since the summer event was when I was really hoping for at least two Hoshidan characters. Instead they just doubled down the Nohrian ones. When every time you hope to see at least one Hoshidan unit receive some attention you get more of the same, you just start to become cynical about the whole affair.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Dude, I like Hoshido as much as the next guy but I don't see how having a banner of a Hoshido is supposed to be special. We're divided enough as fanbase as it is, let the SNES era get shot now & then.

I can definitly sympathize with wanting to have more characters from oder games. I'd like to see more characters from Tellius too (especially the Laguz.). But since the very beginning of the special banners we have gotten Nohr units only (which is three banners, Easter, Bride and Nohrian summer). Sold to us as "Fates" representatives in the first two cases even. Is it so bad to want aknowledgement that the game isn't called Fire Emblem Conquest? I realize an entire special banner is probably off the table anyway. But one or two Hoshidan units getting something shouldn't be too much to ask for.   

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I can definitly sympathize with wanting to have more characters from oder games. I'd like to see more characters from Tellius too (especially the Laguz.). But since the very beginning of the special banners we have gotten Nohr units only (which is three banners, Easter, Bride and Nohrian summer). Sold to us as "Fates" representatives in the first two cases even. Is it so bad to want aknowledgement that the game isn't called Fire Emblem Conquest? I realize an entire special banner is probably off the table anyway. But one or two Hoshidan units getting something shouldn't be too much to ask for.   

C'mon, you really don't think they're not going to capitalize on Takumi's popularity? Bet you anything he's going to that Christmas Elf like you said or whenever October/November's holiday is.

6 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Thank you. I am mostly just trying to save myself from further disappointement, since the summer event was when I was really hoping for at least two Hoshidan characters.

Cheer up, ol' pal, I'm confident the Hoshidans will get the next seasonal (i.e Halloween?) next. I'd prefer to see older titles get some love, too, but I don't think they can ignore the Hoshidans forever, especially not because of Takumi.

Just give me Witch Sakura.

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

C'mon, you really don't think they're not going to capitalize on Takumi's popularity? Bet you anything he's going to that Christmas Elf like you said or whenever October/November's holiday is.

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

Cheer up, ol' pal, I'm confident the Hoshidans will get the next seasonal (i.e Halloween?) next. I'd prefer to see older titles get some love, too, but I don't think they can ignore the Hoshidans forever, especially not because of Takumi.

Just give me Witch Sakura.

Halloween (and Christmas) just seesm too huge an event. Like, I can see Takumi maaaybe getting in, if they can resist bringing Vampire!Leo/SexySanta!Camilla (Xander being in two special banners makes it a distinct possibility), but Hinoka/Sakura/Ryouma? Not a chance. I am open for pleasant surprises though. I really want to stay positive too, I've just been in a bad mood about Heroes since the last direct. 

Edited by Nanima

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Xander being in two special banners makes it a distinct possibility

Let's be honest, this is bloody weird. He didn't even reach top 20 in the CYL poll, and no one else has been in two separate seasonal banners like that, right? Sure, there's also Masked Marth, but she was a free reward unit.

I think the Hoshidans will get Halloween. I could see Alm and Celica being the second pair of the Christmas banner.

I'd like to see the developers make a special banner with no Awakening or Fates characters. Or, if they MUST have characters from the 3DS games, use only the Hoshidans.

Because someone tell me ... why does Xander get two seasonal outfits when several other male and female characters are apparently more popular than he is? Lucina, Lyn, Roy, and Ike certainly didn't get two seasonal banners. (I'm not counting Masked Marth, that's a free unit.)

EDIT: Fuck it Thane, you Ninninger.

Edited by Sunwoo

With Xander, it was more the fact the Spring event characters were the 4 characters shown in the game intro. In a sense, they're the poster summoned Heroes of the game.

As for Summer Xander- I think it's just for the hilarity of using the Lilith Float as a weapon, because Xander had that Lilith floatie in the Summer DLC. Also I guess they needed a male character for the Summer Voting Gauntlet to go with Leo.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

With Xander, it was more the fact the Spring event characters were the 4 characters shown in the game intro. In a sense, they're the poster summoned Heroes of the game.

As for Summer Xander- I think it's just for the hilarity of using the Lilith Float as a weapon, because Xander had that Lilith floatie in the Summer DLC. Also I guess they needed a male character for the Summer Voting Gauntlet to go with Leo.

Takumi is also on the game logo and they aren't treating him like the poster boy of anything.

With Xander my guess would be that he is just Camus 2.0 to them so they are really pushing for him to be seen. For Nohrian summer they just decided to go with what they knew would be popular. F!Corrin/Leo/Xander in swimsuits?? Ka-ching. (Strange that they didn't go with Camilla too) At that point they might as well just make it a Nohrian-only event to increase the hype even more. It all comes down to marketing.

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Takumi is also on the game logo and they aren't treating him like the poster boy of anything.

With Xander my guess would be that he is just Camus 2.0 to them so they are really pushing for him to be seen. For Nohrian summer they just decided to go with what they knew would be popular. F!Corrin/Leo/Xander in swimsuits?? Ka-ching. (Strange that they didn't go with Camilla too) At that point they might as well just make it a Nohrian-only event to increase the hype even more. It all comes down to marketing.

I meant the opening video where you see the summoner shoot Camilla and Chrom as he fights a Xander and Lucina. So pretty much the first four heroes you see.

That's my guess anyway for their logic for the first event. But yeah it is what it is.

58 minutes ago, Thane said:

Let's be honest, this is bloody weird. He didn't even reach top 20 in the CYL poll, and no one else has been in two separate seasonal banners like that, right? Sure, there's also Masked Marth, but she was a free reward unit.

Masked Marth is a girl!? O_o

I would have never guess......

If there is a Hoshidian banner I wonder who would make it in between Ryoma & M-Corrin.

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

If there is a Hoshidian banner I wonder who would make it in between Ryoma & M-Corrin.

That's indeed an interesting question. There is no way Takumi wouldn't be in it, so I am guessing Ryouma'd get the short end of the stick. Alternatively, we could get a true Hoshidan banner and leave M!Corrin for Christmas.

9 minutes ago, Nanima said:

That's indeed an interesting question. There is no way Takumi wouldn't be in it, so I am guessing Ryouma'd get the short end of the stick. Alternatively, we could get a true Hoshidan banner and leave M!Corrin for Christmas.

Can we just give Oboro something? Fashion girl needs a new look.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Can we just give Oboro something? Fashion girl needs a new look.

Hey, I was already hoping she'd get the Bride Banner. (just imagine her rocking the event in a wedding kimono) The Hoshidan banner would probably mirror the Nohrian one though, which means royals only.

13 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Hey, I was already hoping she'd get the Bride Banner. (just imagine her rocking the event in a wedding kimono) The Hoshidan banner would probably mirror the Nohrian one though, which means royals only.

Or we get her and Takumi as the second Christmas couple. A man can hope.

11 hours ago, Sire said:

Now, here's a crazy insane prediction. CYL characters will be earned through special maps, like GHB, instead of being thrown on a summoning banner. They are special characters at best (which means different stats, weapons, skills, and so on), or  "mirrors" at worst (same statline but different artwork, like "Masked Marth").
As for some wishful thinking...
4. Add an option that turns off combat animations, but keeps special activations (voice and art) in on the battle map. (I saw a reddit post mockup, but don't remember where it is.)

I would LOVE that! Maybe the CYL Heroes could be map/ quest rewards a la the Sacred Seal Quests at 3* or 4*, please IS with the Banner giving them out at 5*? That seems awfully generous but I would hope they'd do something different for CYL (though I'm keeping my expectations low as per @Ice Dragon's advice.

9 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

So can we have a link to the thing in the OP? I can't find a way to get to the stream...

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Here it is for you and for DefyingFates to put in the OP if they want to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYK1YmEAh18&feature=youtu.be

My bad! Sorry guys (and thanks @Tybrosion!)

7 hours ago, Korath88 said:

don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but there may be a different method of summoning for CYL that involves choosing one of the 4 heroes for free. It's still not very clear and entirely speculative, but one can hope, at least.

Reveal hidden contents

"One can hope" indeed. I really do wish we can get at least one of the Heroes for free (or at least as a reward)...

10 hours ago, Korath88 said:

don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but there may be a different method of summoning for CYL that involves choosing one of the 4 heroes for free. It's still not very clear and entirely speculative, but one can hope, at least.

Reveal hidden contents

I hope that will be the case. I am absolutely terrible with any luck based things, so being able to actually choose one of the heroes will make me happy. Even if they start out as a 2 star unit.

Edited by Tolvir

12 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I hope that will be the case. I am absolutely terrible with any luck based things, so being able to actually choose one of the heroes will make me happy. Even if they start out as a 2 star unit.

That'd be kinda better. Think of all the SP one could get from 160 levels, especially if you have the CYL units weapon as a Weapon Valor skill somewhere. I know I'd pick the Axe unit in a heartbeat.