Choose Your Legend  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Freebie

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... 

The idea of a mounted archer sounds tempting but I like EliRoy's art more and I never liked Lyn so there's that. I'll probably wait for their stats to be datamined first. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Lyn for me since I don't have any 5* archer and the best archer I could build up is a +Atk, -HP Rebecca who would only have 32 attack and 34 speed which is slightly better than a neutral Klein if I had ever summoned him or getting Clarisse to 5*. I like Rebecca, but not enough to want her to be a Brave Bow archer assuming CYL Lyn has ~30 attack and ~34 speed. Hmm... Regular Lyn's 28 attack and 37 speed would work fine considering cavalry buffs would give her +6 attack compared to +4 if she were an infantry. We'll see.

The hilarity is that unless a regular Lyn shows up when I do the same summon for CYL Lyn who would be free, I would have never summoned a regular Lyn while having all her current alternate selves. You're not getting your sword back any time soon, Lyn. :p

it looks like most everyone is going to be using their free pull for lyn, but how can you resist? i hate pulling colorless, so i'm going to get her and then pull greens for ike. are these limited time units? i'm assuming not, but have they said?

inb4 Ana freaks over Ike and expresses happiness over regular Ike KOing Chrom in the gauntlet preview :P

In relation to the units, though, I dunno...Possibly good Roy? Green unit in the form of Ike? Horseback Archer Lyn? Badass Lance Lucina (although she's still good as a sword)?

Disappointed. I really don't want any of them. I love Ike, and Urvan is a cool axe, but if I wanted Greil's clothes too, I'd ask for Greil himself.

And all of them are just pretending to be their dads, except Lucina who is just promoted. Not interesting or unique in the least bit.

I guess I still set my expectations too high here even though I tried not to do that. I would've preferred pretty Askran outfits over this.

The only reason I'll get Ike is because I can get him for free. Otherwise, I'm not interested.

But GO TEAM IKE FOR THE GAUNTLET!

8 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

bowcavalierbowcavalierbowcavalier eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

...Okay, okay, I'm cool.

@DefyingFates Looks like you got your wish~

You remembered, wow! :3

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Free Horse Archer Lyn, well there's my freebie.  Too bad I want them all.

I wonder if the freebie will be neutral, or -Atk.

-Atk would be devastatingly cruel.

I have to restate how utterly amazing the artworks are. Lucina's especially! Man, the 31st can't get here soon enough!

We didn't get any Sacred Coin info but I'd say this Feh Channel was well worth it! The Free Hero helps :P

Let's not forget that we get the free Hero AND a Free Summon!

Holy crap...

Looking through the video again, Lyn and Lucina have insane base kits. Then there's Ike, but of course everything will rely on their base stats.

Lucina - Drive SPD (+3 SPD within 2 tiles) and her signature weapon (+3 ATK/SPD to Physical Weapons) is crazy for physical teams.
Lyn - Not only she is a Horse Archer, but her signature weapon makes facing off against bladetomes (and buffed magic units such as Reinhardt) easier because of the nullify effect. Then, anyone with Distant Counter (Sword, Axe, Lance) facing Lyn can't Distant Counter, because of Lyn's special skill.
Ike - Ike himself is overpowered as *beep*. If he gets doubled, the second hit gets reduced by 80%.  Beorc's Blessing, effectiveness against flying and cavalry units?! WHAT IS THIS?! (And it is CYL Ike Exclusive too, they know how powerful it is) Correction by IceDragon.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Beorc Guard's effect is nullification of field buffs on cavalry and flying, not effective damage.

I was initially going Lyn because I could really unit a good archer, but Lucina and Ike are also extremely tempting. I'm afraid Roy is not my boy, so apologies because I am indifferent to him.

I was thinking about buying XCOM 2 since it is on sale, but these characters have me wanting to spend money on FEH instead...

Edited by Sire

The one of these I voted for is Roy, but I promoted Xander and Cain to serve as red horses...

Urvan is cool. Protects you against brave weapons. Maybe against doubles in general? Dunno what they mean precisely by "consecutive attacks". Plus I can always use another good green unit. And hunting for Ike will be the hardest since green orbs are so rare. Lucina is an insanely good support unit, especially for raising others with that weapon and skill, but I'm good with Lance units of all kinds, so she's my lowest priority. Roy should be the easiest to hunt for, and I wanted to expand my collection of 4-5 star reds anyway.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Vote for Lyn, Ike, Roy, or Hector if you want a non-3DS character to win the gauntlet!

Let's not go there (it has a thread anyway). The fanbase is already on the verge of tearing itself apart.

Wow, I was actually right about the next gauntlet being between the top males and females from CYL. I'm certainly not looking forward to seeing Bow Knight Lyn everywhere going forward especially since that's who most people will probably spend their freebie on. I will not be one of them though since even though she's a horse archer, she's still Lyn and I still despise and want nothing more to do with her. I already feel soiled enough as is from using her Bride version as much as I have. Instead, my pick will be between Lucina and Ike with me leaning more towards Lucina at this point.

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Vote for Lyn, Ike, Roy, or Hector if you want a non-3DS character to win the gauntlet!

I'm siding with Lyn.

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

Ike - Ike himself is overpowered as *beep*. If he gets doubled, the second hit gets reduced by 80%.  Beorc's Blessing, effectiveness against flying and cavalry units?! WHAT IS THIS?! (And it is CYL Ike Exclusive too, they know how powerful it is)

Beorc Guard's effect is nullification of field buffs on cavalry and flying, not effective damage.

EDIT: @Sire

I have no idea what the English localization team is smoking because the Japanese description is just the nullification of field buffs.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Disappointed. I really don't want any of them. I love Ike, and Urvan is a cool axe, but if I wanted Greil's clothes too, I'd ask for Greil himself.

And all of them are just pretending to be their dads, except Lucina who is just promoted. Not interesting or unique in the least bit.

I guess I still set my expectations too high here even though I tried not to do that. I would've preferred pretty Askran outfits over this.

The only reason I'll get Ike is because I can get him for free. Otherwise, I'm not interested.

But GO TEAM IKE FOR THE GAUNTLET!

ana no youre supposed to act like i expected you too so i look psychic cuz im awesome like that now you made me look baaaaad

I mean, what? *whistles*

2 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

So...what did I missed. I just came out of the exam hall.

Doubled also Just came out of an exam and want to know what happened 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Upon closer inspection, this is correct. I just saw the word "effective" and automatically thought of "effective damage" due to the terminology. Still, it is a rather nice skill, but obviously not as crazy as I originally envisioned it.

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

I was thinking about buying XCOM 2 since it is on sale, but these characters have me wanting to spend money on FEH instead...

Man I feel you dude. I'm gonna be buying the XCOM 2 War of the Chosen DLC when it comes out, but now Heroes is grabbing for my wallet too..

Just now, NoirCore said:

ana no youre supposed to act like i expected you too so i look psychic cuz im awesome like that now you made me look baaaaad

I mean, what? *whistles*

Yeah, sorry. I mean, I liked Greil enough and all, but I was kind of thinking we'd get something a little more unique than the characters dressing up as their dads and taking their weapons.

That said, Ike's skills sound pretty sweet, so I think I'll use him anyway.