Fire Emblem Heroes: The Mafia Gacha: The Game Thread

Shinori

Has michelarr played before? His name sounds familiar,

BBM while I agree that stacking votes can be a good way to test reactions, I don't really see what's wrong with the way prims did his reaction test either since it does look as if it was supposed to get a response. Looking back at "revival" mafia prims vote on shin was a similar one as his one on refa, your reasoning just comes off as trying to dictate what prims should do which gives me bad vibes. 

Also why the unvote faerie knight

Elie is confusing me, he says BBM isn't scummy but uh calls is stuff forced, can you clarify your stance?

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Junk said:

Has michelarr played before? His name sounds familiar,

Yes, I have played once or twice before, but don't worry, I play a lot of mafia on other places as well.

BBM doesn't bother me.  I just don't really get where he's going with his current reasoning; as it stands, his current vote reads more as a pressure vote than an actual read on Prims.  Was waiting for more responses from him/Prims so I could post something more definite, but it's taking too long.

2 hours ago, Oboro-Garasu said:

I agree with Elieson's logic tbh, and scum BBM doesn't imply that you're scum. The issue isn't that BBM is defending you (which would imply you're scum too), but the problem is that BBM is attacking Prims for perfectly sound logic, and continued to persist in the attack (unusual for early D1).

That being said, I will instead vote for...

##Vote: Michelaar

OMGUS Random vote with no explanation, justification, or any comments about anything that has been happening in the thread. That's not how you Mafia. Talk more, please.

Well, clearly BBM doesn't believe it's perfectly sound logic.  Not really seeing the scum intent in casing Prims itself.

(that being said, fair enough on your actual reasoning @Elieson)

At the time of this post, why Michelaar over Bartzio?

25 minutes ago, Junk said:

BBM while I agree that stacking votes can be a good way to test reactions, I don't really see what's wrong with the way prims did his reaction test either since it does look as if it was supposed to get a response. Looking back at "revival" mafia prims vote on shin was a similar one as his one on refa, your reasoning just comes off as trying to dictate what prims should do which gives me bad vibes.

Why aren't you voting him then?

Michelaar's initial post didn't bother me (unexplained vote is bad play over scum play, as evidenced by two people doing it in a row), but his reactions do.  His complaining about Proto's vote is bad enough (because it does read as complaining over responding to Proto's issues), but what I don't like moreso is him passively responding to questions without making an effort to do anything (which is worse if he's played mafia a lot on other sites).

3 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I think it's a bit on the unfair side to lay me as mafia just because of that.

Unless you're crumbing Amnesiac, I don't see how you could possibly forget what happened just three hours ago.

2 hours ago, Junk said:

Because I don't 100% feel sure that he's scummy, hence bad vibes, would like to him to respond and then i'll see,

@Refa

what do you mean by "making an effort to do something"? wrt michealarr

Fair enough.

There's not enough content for me to reasonably expect a vote or even a case from every player, but most other players who posted after BBM/Prims are at least questioning other people at the very least.  Bartzio and Mackc2 have the same issue of just throwing out votes and doing little else, but they've made less posts, so it bothers me less.

7 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Well, there is not much to talk about here, is there? People start random voting, so I do the same. I think it's a bit on the unfair side to lay me as mafia just because of that.

People are also, you know, talking. And even if you're not actually "complaining" in this post, that means this post has absolutely nothing but a justification of your own action.

I agree with Refa in that you're basically just responding to questions/comments directed at yourself and are making 0 effort into contributing otherwise. This isn't inherently scummy, but you're hurting your own faction if you keep up with this. And if you're scum, don't expect to get away just by lurking.

2 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

#vote: BBM

I'm new here not entirely sure what's happening but BBM seems to know what he is doing and I do not like that 

...what? You don't like players who know what they're doing? We do realize we're not actually electing for presidency, despite how much we joke like that, right?

20 minutes ago, Oboro-Garasu said:

...what? You don't like players who know what they're doing? We do realize we're not actually electing for presidency, despite how much we joke like that, right?

What's that we are voting for presidency? I should have considered my vote a bit better.

But now that I have actually read through the thread properly 

#unvote 

#vote: Elison 

sorry guys I totally forgot I was playing in a mafia game but it's all good

##Unvote, ##Vote: Oboro-Garasu

I would still like Prims to give me an answer as to what reaction he was expecting from Refa, but this is a better vote for now. IMO Proto had better reasons to vote me and the Michelaar vote is in comparison just kind of a pressure vote because he didn't give reactions. it just feels sort of like a lazy way to push a new player

jokevotes don't require any reaction other than a joke. the quality of reactions they return is low because everybody, from the person being voted to the other people in the thread, know they're a joke. everyone engages in them even though they're relatively useless so it's normally not alignment-indicative, but I expect better from Prims.

also fwiw it's different than the Shin vote in Revival bc the Shin vote is worded less like a joke than the Refa one is, and the justification there (Shin knowing the # of scum) is more likely to be an actual scumslip than "Refa is scum wifoming with pictures in RVS"

9 hours ago, Pika_pika42 said:

Are you hinting at a role/ability with which you can know the alignment of a person? But you don't stick with this vote, so I believe that may not be the case.

Why do you care? There's no benefit to drawing attention to this as Town. You didn't even conclude anything from it. Weird filler.

##Unvote
Agreeing his response to Proto sounds unusually defensive. The two unexplained votes on Proto unnerve me contextually because they happen right after an experienced player talks about vote stacking being useful early on, so they could have read BBM's post then decided to post wordless wagon hops as a cover for not actually responding to what was going on. I'd like to know what Bartozio and Michelaar actually think about what's happening in the thread right now.

@Faerie, Junko: neither of you are voting, who seems like the best lynch target so far?
@Mackc2: what are you doing. why are you voting elieson?
@BBM: It wasn't some super thought-out trap to get a scum reaction ED1. I just wanted Refa to say something about the game so there'd be something to read and talk about. Don't really know what you expected with this line of questioning.
@mods: votals + time plz

2 minutes ago, Prims said:

@Mackc2: what are you doing. why are you voting elieson?

I have my reasons based off the few games of  mafia I have played with friends. 

That said I don't think revealing my thinking is a good idea as it could imply my alignment which in my (limited)  experience is the fastest way to get yourself killed no matter which faction you align with.

uhhhh that only applies if you're scum. town isn't going to lynch you if they think your thought process looks like a town thought process. getting killed at night by scum for your thought process isn't a big concern when every other player is also revealing their thought process anyway. if you don't explain yourself AT ALL the most obvious conclusion is that you're concealing your thought process because yours is a mafia one

If my thought process shows instead that I am town I have made myself a target at night, and If it shows I am scum I have myself a lynch target, either way I lose. 

And I just realised that in talking I have made my own problems far larger, I really have to stop sticking my foot in my mouth every time I open it 

Votals:

Michelaar(3): Prims, Refa, Oboro-Garasu,

Oboro-Garasu(3): BBM, Bartozio, Michelaar

BBM(2): Elieson, Green Poet

Elieson(1): Mackc2

Mackc2(1): Faerie Knight

Junk(1): Magnificence Incarnate

Magnificence Incarnate(1): Junk

Time left in day phase is 41 hours and 42 minutes.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20171004T14&p0=3704&msg=Day+1+end&font=cursive

welp prims you're about to find out

## unvote

##vote BBM

What bothers me is that while yes I think BBM's reasoning on votestacking is correct, I looked back over the thread and realized that if prims were to vote someone with a vote, that person would have just two votes which i'm not sure is going to garner a significant reaction so while a "jokevote" would be relatively useless(as BBM himself said in his response), I'm not sure prims putting someone at two votes would really do anything either. 

What makes me feel worse enough to vote him is the vote on proto feels bad because early day 1 is fine for pressure and it's not like he ever actually called you scummy just "unusual" so again i'm not really sure why he had to vote you just yet. Although I do want to ask one question, how scummy do you think proto is?

At this point I still don't entirely feel BBM is scum since i can't actually think of why  scum would vote on proto  but the reasoning for the proto vote combined with before gives me enough BAD vibes to vote for him

I don't get how michealarr was being "overly defensive" but I do find the point about how michelarr dropped his vote right after discussion about votestacking to be pretty interesting so like that part about prims case,

reads at this point probably go BBM>VERY slight read on michelarr because prims sheep, 

everyone else is idk tbh, Refa's anwer made sense, hope @Faerie Knight will answer my question of why he unvoted at the beginning of the game and @Elieson clarifies his thoughts on BBM, 

@Oboro-Garasu You probably missed it but I still don't get why you initially voted Michelaar specifically.

Don't like Mac 2, he's just voting without any explanation and justifying his responses with "I can't explain my thinking because it will get me killed" which is bad.  Reads to me as an excuse to avoid having actual cases which will be analyzed.  Potentially worse than Michelaar but I want some responses on that front before reevaluating my vote.

3 hours ago, BBM said:

also fwiw it's different than the Shin vote in Revival bc the Shin vote is worded less like a joke than the Refa one is, and the justification there (Shin knowing the # of scum) is more likely to be an actual scumslip than "Refa is scum wifoming with pictures in RVS"

ngl i was hoping elie would slip the same way at the beginning of the game

omg fuck this forum software I clicked on the notification of Refa's new post thinking it would load the post without reloading the page but I lost a post I'd been working on for like 30 minutes

i'm not sure you guys will believe this but I lost my post a second time so I'm super mad and lost a ton of detail and after writing the same thing for the third time I basically stopped caring about grammar

don't think michelaar was being overdefensive. he is being lazy but seems more lazytown. why would scum admit to being experienced when he'd get underestimated if everyone thought he was new?

@mack- surviving is only one part of the game. by not giving reasons you're not engaging your scumreads, so you lower the chance of you being correct, and you also lower the chance of actually convincing anybody. there are way more town than scum, so if you correctly figure out one scum, get them lynched, and then get nightkilled, that's a good trade for town.

@junko- my scumread on Proto is stronger than anything else I have but it's an ED1 vote; it's obviously not that strong. he did only call me "unusual", but the context implies negative unusual. nothing wrong with pressure vote ED1 but why do it when there's a better option available (IMO)?

I think you guys are vastly overestimating the depth of the reason I voted for Prims lol, maybe because I've written a ton trying to explain my logic in terms of EARLY DAY 1 MAFIA THEORY when 90% of the vote was just me trying to get something going. both my initial Prims vote and me keeping the vote after (basically two separate votes) were because I thought it was better than a random jokevote. i still think the second thing with him thinking Refa was maybe 5% likely to be scum because of the picture but then only jokevoting him instead of trying to get a response is weird but I don't really see what more I'm going to get at this point.

in general there's no point to saying I'm only 10% confident in a vote in RVS/just-after-RVS. That should be given, if anyone is actually confident <24h into the game they're probably scum faking it.

posting this now before I lose the post again and ask for a sub on the spot but I have more thoughts