Fire Emblem Heroes: The Mafia Gacha: The Game Thread

Shinori

@mack- you're correct that day 1 lynches are unlikely to hit scum, but if we lynch nobody on day 1, then we enter day 2 with basically no new information compared to day 1, except the mafia gets a kill and there's one less townie around. You have no guarantee that a Cop exists, and even if they do, odds are they won't get a guilty inspection on N1. Or, they could die. Whereas if we lynch someone, even if we lynch wrongly, we can analyze the way everybody else in the thread interacted with them and get a better understanding of their alignment relative to the alignment of the dead person.

@FK- mack isn't going to get lynched, probably. who are you going to consolidate on and why?

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh okay, yeah can't say I feel 100% about that townslip especially if michelcar claims to be experienced (or his buddies could've said to do it to get pressure off of him?). His next post doesn't do much for me since the timing feels weird since it's right after prims vote and it's basically a sheep. I'm pretty sure when bartizio was here he was actually fairly definite so don't really see how he didn't do anything. His other points i'll admit I don't really get (as in not sure what he's trying to say can you perhaps clarify @Michelaar) but the thing that gives me scum vibes is the timing right after prims vote and the quality of the vote itself.

Marth, I'm the one who feels "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" lol. The thing that bothers me is that you  basically left out where I talked about WHY I was moving to michelcarr and why I didn't feel confident in my BBM read. I interpreted your case as "Junko votes Michelcaar over BBM despite having a lot to say about BBM and his case against BBM isn't even talking about how his play is scummy" which is exactly why I didn't vote BBM anymore. I feel like you leaving out that I didn't acknowledge that in your initial case makes my switch off from BBM a lot worse as it looks terribly justified. That's why I feel you misrepped me and why I feel your case on me is scummy.

Another thing that bothers me about marth is that his justification for not telling his opinion about michelcarr is that it seems like we'd just have to assume that marth felt the same way about michelcaar as everybody else and so he shouldn't have to focus on it which is yeah... Also noticed that he used this when he said "Do I have to spell out how Bartizio's voting history is bad" or something like that which again, yes you actually do lol as what I think may not be what you think.

Would not lynch Pika, guessing pika is new? and I feel like both new town and new scum can waffle a lot so I don't get anything from his post and I haven't really seen anything else to justify the lynch so wouldn't.

I'm down for michelcaar or marth, I can only show up I think for a few minutes around 6:30 Am tomorrow and maybe like 30 minutes before phase end if I calculate correctly so going to have sort of "finalize" my vote now and think more want michelcar than marth so i'll keep it on that.

also, marth, what's your response to Junko's reply to your case on him?

@junko- it's not just that Pika was waffling but also that he avoided taking stances on account of not being comfortable enough in anything but then was confident enough to vote Prims right out of RVS several pages earlier. it reads more like not wanting to push anything than not knowing what to push.

Elison
In his recent posts he has been trying to push FK pretty hard while I don't believe his reasoning is wrong, he has mentioned other topics but hasn't actually given his opinion on them which is strange. He also hasn't properly responded to my reasoning so my vote stays for now.

Pika
Not really much I can say about him that hasn't been said, his behaviour is definitely suspect but I'm not sure I want him lynched especially since his mistake is a bit too obvious.

Mackc2 
This guy is evil you shouldn't trust hi... *Cough* Sorry what was I saying oh yeah I'm great but my name does have a k  

39 minutes ago, BBM said:

I don't think scum would be this antagonistic.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Pika

Nah, not getting by. Getting aggravated over this crap alone isn't alignment-indicative and you don't get to just drop another (stronger, wasn't it?) scumread this easily. Pika's already the likely lynch today, you can commit to dealing with me. Or are you suddenly worried it will look worse for you? I'm one of the more friendly hornet's nests, let's go.

43 minutes ago, BBM said:

@FK- mack isn't going to get lynched, probably. who are you going to consolidate on and why?

Would you like me to quote the post you want this time or find it yourself?

@BBM @Junk I should clear this up.

P sure I've mixed my defence with my case. I am assuming that the meat of Junko's case on me is not elaborating my reads. If its to do with not talking about Michelaar, then you need to tell me why not talking about a wagon at deadline when there's a time crunch is scummy. Like what do I get from doing this as scum? As town I literally have nothing to learn or contribute by saying the same stuff others have said. Especially when it looked like deadline had come straight out of RVS to me. Like, how am I supposed to react to some guy refusing to give content but a stack of votes piling on him? Scum!me would know the alignments of the other players so he can commit to stances. Town!me is paranoid that it is going to be a mislynch, but knows that nothing can be done about it. I'm just repeating myself at this point.

If it has to do with my reads and cases, then uh, sorry but Junko's content until page 5 was literally casing BBM? Yes he switches to Michelaar since he's unsure of his BBM read but this is also at a time when Michelaar already has votes piled on him? This isn't gamechanging in anyway and it isn't even like he gives up the BBM case. He still talks about BBM in page 6. Well Page 6 is he first time he's talking about NotBBMandMichelaar players, which was after my posts from yesterday. So its reasonable for me to find him suspicious? Like I don't get how his Michelaar vote makes him better? Like at this point I'm probably tunneling and this is dumb but saying there's no reason to my case is irritating.

Time for the opinion train to continue. 
Junko 
I am flattered you changed your picture for me. I am not sure on Junk his posts feel a bit 'waffly' but his call out on FK and Ellies prob both being town seems weird if he is scum unless FK or Ellie are also scum. Basically I'm confused.

Oboro
Really not sure they seem to be pushing for town hard.

Refa
I don't like them, can't actually remember why and I have a headache now so I don't want to try to remember

I think I mentioned Michelaar already, I don't see any reason to suspect BBM and I'm not sure how I feel about you, you are certainly being argumentative, and making yourself known and that is a bad move if you are scum, so I think you are more likely town. 
Also I am currently tossing up voting Pika but my vote sits on Elison for now 

I missed two lines at the bottom of one of your posts, wow, you must feel really vindicated in your opinion that nobody is reading anything you write

your antagonism is alignment-indicative because it doesn't benefit you to piss me off as scum when you have two votes on you and I have no votes, and I'm the main person leading your wagon.

what frustrates me is that this discussion right now between us is basically the epitome of "hit a wall with nowhere to go" yet you want to continue it when (as far as I can tell) you don't think that I'm suspicious or "unusual". yet you tried to shut down the conversation with elie prematurely even though there were things he did that did strike you as unusual, even if you didn't think it was bad enough to find suspicious. why?

not to mention that we're both pissed off at each other and continuing the discussion is just going to worsen both our moods. I skipped dinner to argue with you online so I'd just like to finish my work and sleep now, thanks.

I would like to amend my previous comment, I think both BBM and FK are being childish and are really not arguing a point besides personal attacks at this point and should stop 

@mack- yes, Magnificence Incarnate is Marth, sorry I guess we should have made that clear. Oboro-Garasu is Proto and Sunwoo (one of the mods) is Boron.

@marth- sorry I missed the post where you talked about how you were damned either way wrt Junko. I don't think you're correctly characterizing Junko's response. What he's saying is that all the points you made about the holes in his case against me were things he was already admitting from the beginning, yet you made them out to be things you were pointing out for the first time. 

I think it's fair of you to point out that junko doesn't have a lot of suspicions and has been focusing pretty narrowly, but it sort of feels like both of you are using the other person not having a lot of content as content.

with regards to not saying anything about michelaar- it doesn't benefit town to not talk about it either. like I said to mack, we need everyone to have interactions and give opinions about the person being lynched so that we have more info the next day, and not saying anything about mack makes you harder to read. so not tying yourself to the flip does have anti-town motive.

all that being said l feel like your tone and method of defending yourself over the past page or so has been pretty good so I'm willing to grant that it was just bad play on that occasion as opposed to purposely trying to avoid leaving ties to the lynch.

anyways I'll try to be back before deadline but I'm staying up kind of late here so I'm not sure I'll have time to catch up on the pre-deadline flurry of posts and contribute much.

I should have probably lobbied for this before the game started but I think it's dumb that the rules forbid using the extension on D1 even though that's normally when people need it the most.

5 hours ago, Faerie Knight said:

I'm not scumreading Elie, what ED1 scumread, I explained why there's no good response there, and yes, being the third vote matters when it looks like a blatantly opportunistic attempt to wagon, and I'm starting to get tired of people seemingly not trying to understand what I'm saying?

Pretty much nothing, everything past his first two posts looks like scum flailing before finally coming up with a reason for his second vote hours later. I never said anything besides that his first vote looks like cocky newb scum?

The point is not whether it would be a lynch. Mack still jumped on a wagon in a very suspicious way. It's indefensible because as I said, all that he could say was that it was a joke, he can't really justify it being anything else and it would lead nowhere. It's possible for town to do anything lol, that's not the point. I chose to vote him then because that vote looked scummy, I'm still voting him because nothing since looks better. I don't want to repeat this.

Fair enough on Elie (reread your content and you don't have any suspicions against him, just jabs really), ED1 scumread is your read on Mackc2, and yeah fair enough on your scumread on him too actually*.  It bothered me because it felt like you were putting way too much weight on something that wasn't telling IMO (and happened barely out of RVS), but it makes sense if no one else is bothering you more ATM (assuming this is what you meant when you said "nothing since looks better").

There's a difference between asking Elie about his thoughts on Mack and your read on Mack and asking him to sheep you.

*One caveat: If none of his other posts indicate that he is cocky newb scum, then maybe he just isn't.  Reads as a contradiction where your scumread is based on him being cocky scum for one post despite literally none of his other posts giving you that impression.

5 hours ago, Prims said:

Michelaar's apparent townslip that Refa pointed out is actually a good catch. It's distantly possible a buddy told him to do that but I'm not really sure who would think of the gambit. That said, I'm not enthusiastic about keeping him around if he's going to keep playing so passively, so if I'm around at deadline I'm fine consolidating on him if he doesn't up his game. I'd much rather run up Pika though - his claim that scum is looking at an easy lynch but leaving the thread with no vote instead of inquiring further looks bad to me. @Refa you should vote Pika too, I don't think GP counterwagon is happening (I much prefer a Pika lynch to GP, personally).

Frustratingly, the two people I'm having iffy feelings about (Pika and Elie) haven't been active since I last posted. Bartozio could also stand to post again; his earlier post was reasonable but I'd like to see if he has come to stronger conclusions now that more has happened.

I thought about the townslip being faked, but it'd be a really roundabout way of faking one (evidenced by no one catching it except me).  Also yeah, I'll be voting Pika.  I wanted another post from him so I could see his reactions to getting wagoned, but nope fuck posting apparently.

Maybe I missed it, but why are you iffy on Elieson?

5 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I actually agree with prims. I don't really like that people are apparently not reading my posts and missing information, such as proto, but I digress.

What are your thoughts on Faerie Knight/BBM/Elieson/Mackc2/Green Poet?  Listing out people who've been discussed significantly and you don't have any reads on TMK.

5 hours ago, BBM said:

this is the townslip post, where Michelaar says he thought there was a N0. It's pretty easily fakeable as a townslip but I don't think Michelaar would fake townslips as scum, and I don't think he's scum anyways.

FTR, it's also his reply to Elie before that which makes me think it's a townslip and not faked.  I don't think Michelaar is a good enough actor to act is if he thought there was an N0 beforehand (even if a scumbuddy told him).

4 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Prims
The first one to try to pull some information, He seems to be following sound logic, his comments are well written but few which may suggest scum being careful and his his willingness to possibly lynch town bothers me.

Magnificence Incarnate 
First him and Junko having the same profile pic annoys me and he wasn't active for a lot of early drama but thats irrelevant. He seems to be analysing everything careful he is rather accusatory but he is really calling everyone out instead of specifically chasing anyone so I trust him for now.

These two reads are arbitrary.  Where does Prims say he's willing to lynch town?  Why is Marth town because he's calling everyone out?

3 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Oboro
Really not sure they seem to be pushing for town hard.

Refa
I don't like them, can't actually remember why and I have a headache now so I don't want to try to remember

What does your Oboro read even mean and I'd like some elaboration on your read on me.  It's easier for me to read people when they're scumreading me, anyways.

3 hours ago, BBM said:

I should have probably lobbied for this before the game started but I think it's dumb that the rules forbid using the extension on D1 even though that's normally when people need it the most.

Not gonna lie, I didn't even know there were extension rules.

##Unvote

##Vote: Pika_Pika42

Faerie Knight

Not sure what to think of him at this point. I'm gonna stay neutral about him.

BBM

Obviously good. He is very active and has a lot of reads.

Elieson

Also not sure what to think of him. So neutral for now.

Mackc2

Seems like an obvious townie to me. I don't really suspect him of being mafia.

Green Poet

I gave my thoughts about him if you care to read back.

Just now, Michelaar said:

Faerie Knight

Not sure what to think of him at this point. I'm gonna stay neutral about him.

BBM

Obviously good. He is very active and has a lot of reads.

Elieson

Also not sure what to think of him. So neutral for now.

Mackc2

Seems like an obvious townie to me. I don't really suspect him of being mafia.

Green Poet

I gave my thoughts about him if you care to read back.

All of your reads are very surface level.  Like, I think you're town and this is still frustrating me.  What makes you unsure about FK and Elie?  Why does being active and having a lot of reads make BBM town?  Scum could do that.  The most confusing is Mackc2, because you're the only person who said that they're obvious town.  What makes him so obvously town?  Also IIRC, your main issues with GP were with her vote on you, but what do you think about her other content?

Just now, Refa said:

All of your reads are very surface level.  Like, I think you're town and this is still frustrating me.  What makes you unsure about FK and Elie?  Why does being active and having a lot of reads make BBM town?  Scum could do that.  The most confusing is Mackc2, because you're the only person who said that they're obvious town.  What makes him so obvously town?  Also IIRC, your main issues with GP were with her vote on you, but what do you think about her other content?

Elieson and FK... half the time I have no idea what they are talking about and it gets me confused. That's why they're neutral for me.

Mackc2 is maybe not obvious town, but he gives off a townie vibe to me. I can also kind of understand his vote on Elieson.

2 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Elison
In his recent posts he has been trying to push FK pretty hard while I don't believe his reasoning is wrong, he has mentioned other topics but hasn't actually given his opinion on them which is strange. He also hasn't properly responded to my reasoning so my vote stays for now.

Pika
Not really much I can say about him that hasn't been said, his behaviour is definitely suspect but I'm not sure I want him lynched especially since his mistake is a bit too obvious.

I'm feeling better about Mack. He's the only one of the newer players that responded fully to people urging him to give reads, by starting a series of listposts on his reads on everyone. His Pika read is waffly though, which I think is from uncertainty, and isn't alignment-indicative.

Bartozio is fading from a lot of people's (and my) memory. I don't like how a fair bit of what he has said so far were reworded statements from others' immediate previous posts. Also, don't edit your posts in mafia games please!

Kinda hard to make myself read the FK/BBM arguments. tbh I'm not getting a sense that FK is hunting for scum moreso than for people who try to find fault with his cases, as though those people are lying scum because they're arguing like they're purposely not getting his logic. Stuff like "if you understand X, why are you still doing Y? If I were X, why would I do Y?" is just filler - arriving at the answer and winning the argument wouldn't/hasn't helped find scum. The arguments are over things like the fundamentals of playing the game, why playing a certain way is better, etc... Passionate town could have the same reactions but I'm not inclined to believe that's the case here. After some pages of arguing the only person I can tell FK is fully on board to lynch is still Mack, a vote he had from the start of the game, as though he didn't get any other reads out of spending that much time in back-and-forths with BBM/Refa/Elie, or wasn't trying to from the beginning.

Nah, not getting by. Getting aggravated over this crap alone isn't alignment-indicative and you don't get to just drop another (stronger, wasn't it?) scumread this easily. Pika's already the likely lynch today, you can commit to dealing with me. Or are you suddenly worried it will look worse for you? I'm one of the more friendly hornet's nests, let's go.

Seriously, what does this accomplish? Do you even think BBM is scum?

@RefaI get what you're saying re: only having two reads + one of them doesn't support the other, and how that's bad. Not gonna defend it because there's nothing really gained from doing so and I get that it's true, it was probably just confusing for people trying to get a read on me. Moving on...

Pika has barely posted. Hard to tell with the new SF layout but I'm pretty sure this was his last post?

On 10/3/2017 at 0:23 AM, Pika_pika42 said:

However imo, they both look so scummy that they could actually be town.

I am not comfortable in voting anyone now. Need to read through carefully again.

This tells me overall very little of what he thinks. Not coming to a solid decision on the main wagons, not voting at all, and not coming back after 24h (has he been prodded? don't know if those would be announced in thread, otherwise could be lurkscum) to talk about the results of this careful rereading that he says is necessary, is altogether scummy.

Not sure how much I can get behind this Michelaar potential townslip, it's a stretch imo. Mich and Pika seem to be the viable wagons today and I don't think lynching Pika is as good in terms of interactions due to his inactivity. Mich > FK > Pika >>> Bartozio > everyone else. Not interested in lynching Prims anymore, as his last post casing Pika partially in response to acknowledging Mich's potential townslip was good (even though as I said, I don't buy it as much myself).

I'll most likely be around at phase end.

13 minutes ago, Refa said:

These two reads are arbitrary.  Where does Prims say he's willing to lynch town?  Why is Marth town because he's calling everyone out?

What does your Oboro read even mean and I'd like some elaboration on your read on me.  It's easier for me to read people when they're scumreading me, anyways.

I don't think Marth is trying to get a specific player lynched, I just think he is just generally pointing people out equally if that makes more sense, With Prims I found the quote and realised I misinterpreted it, I didn't think he was scum anyway it just appeared he had a may as well kill them if they won't be useful attitude.

My Oboro read means I genuinely couldn't be bothered figuring out their allegiance because they made no clear mistakes and I was starting to develop a headache, as for you I think your way of wording things just annoys me, whatever it is though has nothing to do with your allegiance.

Personally I still think that Elison is sus however there really is no point me holding my vote on him.
Pika isn't the ideal lynch because he has barely interacted with anyone so the reads town could get on him would not be great but it is better than nothing and I still think there is a good chance he is scum. I I believe if anyone is getting Lynched Pika is the only one who will reach the Lynch mark by the close, does anyone know how may votes he has currently 

Sorry for my lack of posting, I just didn't feel like there was a lot to add before I went to bed.

12 minutes ago, Green Poet said:

Bartozio is fading from a lot of people's (and my) memory. I don't like how a fair bit of what he has said so far were reworded statements from others' immediate previous posts. Also, don't edit your posts in mafia games please!

I don't think I've slipt from people's memory that much, considering I'm mentioned in several recent posts, but whatever. I only corrected some gramatical errors in one post, but I'll stop editing them from now on then.

4 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Personally I still think that Elison is sus however there really is no point me holding my vote on him.
Pika isn't the ideal lynch because he has barely interacted with anyone so the reads town could get on him would not be great but it is better than nothing and I still think there is a good chance he is scum. I I believe if anyone is getting Lynched Pika is the only one who will reach the Lynch mark by the close, does anyone know how may votes he has currently 

I recall the person with the most votes will get lynched in day1, regardless of them having more then a certain number of votes or not.

I'll update my thoughts on people in a bit.