Twitch Plays Pokemon Mafia NOC(15p)(GAME OVER TOWN WINS)

Bluedoom

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

But it's not substantial.Ā  When asked to explain why it's substantial, you can't do it; you just bring up WIFOM about how scum!Randa wouldn't drop it.

Your read on Randa is faked. As I outlined in my case, D2 you said you had reread and found Randa's Shinori progression good, which implies it is new information, when it was the basis of your D1 read.

Did you read his posts?

Nope.Ā  The biggest part of my reread that changed my mind was that peoples' issues with his slot seemed dumb to me.

3 minutes ago, Orihime said:

I'm excited to play with you all I'm new to the site so forgive me (or don't) whileĀ I learn the kinks of this siteĀ 

It's mostly bondage.

BTW, that question is genuine because I don't get peoples' issues with his Shinori read lol.

4 hours ago, SB. said:

I'm like... 80% sure Conq is town right now? I'll kinda take your word on the JB thing for nowĀ because I didn't read his posts much last game. Imo Eury's Day 1 was fairly null because I know that she struggles with reads early on, but I don't think her Shinori stuff on there was particularly telling reading it over again now. I think Eury genuinely was confused about early Shinori being stylistically different from other games (same tbh) but it's possible that scum!Eury wasn't sure what stance to take on him. I don't think her push on you was bad, but it's pretty picky in terms of details and tbh I didn't really see it going anywhere.

Okay.

##Unvote

##Vote: Eurykins

THE RETURN OF VOTAL BOT SIRI 2.0
Bartozio (2):
athena_57, Killthestory
Eurykins (2): SB, Refa
Refa (2): Conqueror,Ā  Baldrick
Ice Sage (1): Shinori

Not voting: Bartozio, Eurykins, Jaybee, Ice Sage, Orihime

Day 3 ends in ~34 hours. With 12Ā alive, it takes 4 to lynch at deadline.

Edited by Iris

I haven't done my re-read yet and I plan to sit down and do my heavy ISO tomorrow but from what I remember I'm more likely to lynch Bart > Eury.Ā  I was town reading Eury for most of the game and I don't think today's start was just something so bad that it should warrant putting her at the top of the list compared to others when she wasn't even a scum read for me previously.

This maybe subject to change however after my reread.

Ā 

While I was trying to skim back and look for day 3 start I saw Refaā€™s claimed role about making the lights go away and showing the vote. While that is a pro town move I dislike how they pointed out as it being a pro town role. Let me go back and quote it

On 5/16/2018 at 10:28 PM, Refa said:

3/6

^That's my role.Ā  Should be obvious town, there's literally zero scum benefit to it existing.Ā  I'm not going to confirm/deny any additional information about my role, so deal with it.

I asked Marth if investigation results were guaranteed to be accurate, and he said yes.Ā  I then asked him if that precluded the existence of a tailor, and he said "this game isn't bastard and everything happens for a reason!" which basically confirms nothing.Ā  EIther Shinori is lying, or there is a Tailor.Ā  I don't get why Scum!Shinori tunnels me and lies about a guilty (I can see Shinori being ballsy enough to lie about a guilty, but all of the proceeding play makes me think that he genuinely believed he caught me), it'd just make him look bad tomorrow.Ā  Even if I get lynched and he somehow doesn't die tonight, I wouldn't go after him.Ā  Tailor on me is fucking obnoxious why would you even add this role in your game Marf.Ā  The problem is who would tailor me...my gut guess would be SB/Baldrick/Eurykins, honestly, just because those are people who'd be fearful of me being cleared.Ā  RAD is still a bad lynch.

JB/Ice Sage not having voted despite saying that they would is ??? but it could just be laziness on their part; I know I didn't vote immediately even after I said I would.

##Unvote

##Vote: Athena

Now I donā€™t know about the invest results/guilty claims but I will admit I like the reaction here of asking to not go after the person claiming heā€™s guilty scum are more likely to wiggle out of it (with the tailor claim) and discredit the invest/go after them but that doesnā€™t seem to be the case here. (SWEET JESUS THE LAG I also learned I can't go add text to before quotes yikes)

Ā 

6 hours ago, Refa said:

@ConquerorĀ Let me know if there's something specific you want me to respond too, I legitimately don't think either of us is really getting anything out of our responses to each other (or at least, it's not really affecting MY read) and it's kinda stressing me out at this point.

Congrats, that makes two of us. Honestly I'm not satisfied at all with your responses but I feel like if I keep pushing this nothing is going to happen except we'll both get more and more frustrated, and I like to have fun in my mafia games. Also I don't think spamming the thread with more back and forths is doing anything because afaict most people have either already made up their minds on you/me or are just plain not reading the game. I will ask you one thing though, since you just brought it up.

31 minutes ago, Refa said:

BTW, that question is genuine because I don't get peoples' issues with his Shinori read lol.

I made a post here quoting Randa's progression on his Shinori read. You can ignore everything else for now, but please, please tell me how you liked that progression on the Shinori read because like I said, even after I know Randa was town, the progression looks terrible and I don't know why you liked it, which makes me think you're making up your read.

It's actually insane today how we spent d1 and d2 with one orĀ two targets almost at lynch threshold for the entire day and then suddenly on d3 getting 3 votes on someone is like pulling teeth. I don't know if this means that the wagons are on scum or if it's just because that half the players haven't shown up today.

The main people I want to lynch (Bart, Ice Sage) haven't showed up today and apparently haven't decided to replace out either. It's hard for me to decide who I want to lynch first because I wanted to take their progression into today into account.

On 5/18/2018 at 11:20 AM, Conqueror said:

##Vote: Refa

No time to make a real post right now so you'll have to wait something like 16 hours until I get back home. @RefaĀ What were your thoughts at the end of the day phase yesterday? I'm pretty wary about you because I looked at your defense of the Randa slot yesterday and I don't understand what you were trying to say. It doesn't read like a genuine defense.

What was the slot contributing? No really, please enlighten me because the biggest point (I'd argue the only important point - the self-depreciation isn't a point imo)Ā against the slot was the continual non-contribution from D1 continuing onto D2, with the Shinori vote being the only possible counterpoint to that, but one that he dropped pretty quickly. This feels like a lazy line without any thought put into it for the sake of defending Randa.

I also kinda disagree with your entire last reads post. I feel like I should have been able to ~mind meld~ with you by now so the fact that can't really get behind any of your reads is a major red flag for me. Tell me what you're thinking.

Don't want to vote Athena anymore.

Can everyone claim who they voted at the end of the day?Ā Ā I was trying to piece the votecount together and there are a few votes missing. I was voting RAD.

Ā 

1) Conquerors sr here feels a bit unjustified mostly because I donā€™t think not understanding something makes it scummy more so as an action behind the defense

In the second part of the post we have sring because of disagreeing of reads and I donā€™t think this is a scummy tell whatsoever you can have 180 reads from someone more so itā€™s how genuine you think the reads are slight scumread here but this can just be disagreement of play

On 5/18/2018 at 12:04 PM, Shinori said:

Props to the doc or roleblocker, no death is a nice thing.

First off a couple of things:

MY gambit got me plenty of information and I'm fine with it.Ā  It VASTLY made me feel more comfortable with Refa at least for now.Ā  I still have inklings about him but he's not longer at the top of my list of suspects and would not want to lynch him really.Ā  I also vastly need to go over my reads I think so I may end up doing somewhat of a reread of the game.Ā  The whole no one dying is nice.

Things I couldn't say because I couldn't post; thoughts from my QT.

Someone should call out Eury for wasting a post on a shit post responding to me claiming my gambit. - Same with KTS, if you didn't like the gambit complain about it it your next actual post instead of just wasting your LAST post to bitch about it. Seriously.Ā though I need a band of hoothoots to hit KTS cause that's totally what I woulda done last day phase.

"Not interested in lynching Refa without a claim from Shinori." - Baldrick
WAT?Ā  I POTENTIALLY COULDN'T POST ANYMORE THOUGH?Ā  Not sure if I like this comment at all.Ā  If it was serious vs if it was a joke.

People commented on me using up all my posts, however I was one of the only few people actually really striking up conversations and pushing forward with leads.Ā  I don't see how I wasted them all.Ā  Really only one of my posts could probably be considered a waste.

And yeah I think my gamble worked fine because I got plenty of reads out of it.

I'll be back to post a bit more later.

Ā 

2) Ok so what Iā€™m getting here is Shinori faked a guilty on Refa? Ā 

About the wasting posts the vibe I am getting here is people are sring people wasting posts in the light keep phase? Imo itā€™s not really a bad thing unless they seem to be using it as an excuse for not pushing/posting something question Shin do you normally do gambits like this/are they normal?

On 5/18/2018 at 12:06 PM, athena_57 said:

##Vote: Bartozio

Actual post coming later (I hope in an hour), just wanted to say one thing. I realize how bad this looks with no kill happening, but my action failed...

Ā 

I was voting RAD

Ā 

3) The excuse here for a ā€œoh guys this looks badā€ makes me feel kinda squeamish/uneasy vibesĀ  Hopefully plan on doing this once a page considering I can't do much live interaction atm without being a clueless puppy.

8 hours ago, SB. said:

Post 3/5 in general felt very off to me. I feel like town!Eury would be more assertive if her scumread got guiltied, whereas it felt more like she was weighing up the possibilities instead of reacting to her suspicions being confirmed. Imo it matches the scum gameplan to rolefish Refa to see if he has another part to his role if they know that the guilty is going to be retracted as well, although I guess this part means less to you because you think Refa is scum.

Also I'm still mad about you not actually being town that game lol.

Okay, fair enough but like...how could she have been more assertive? I don't know how Eury plays, is she normally not a cautious player who likes to weigh the possibilities? Would Eury normally go in all guns ablazing? I'm asking you because I've never played with Eury before and that's the crux of your argument here.

I don't see why either alignment has a need to rolefish Refa. He was about to get lynched and get his role flipped in all likelihood, although on balance I think it's more likely that town would be more curious about trying to find out his alignment via rolegaming. Also I think you mentioned something like this before but why would scum know the guilty is going to be retracted? I'd buy your argument more if I could see the scum knowing that, but iirc when you mentioned this before you said it's probable the scumteam missed whatever you're seeing?

41 minutes ago, Refa said:

Did you read his posts?

Nope.Ā  The biggest part of my reread that changed my mind was that peoples' issues with his slot seemed dumb to me.

Yes, admittedly not this phase. Conqueror analysed the Shinori read and I found that agreeable. PEDIT: He linked it before I finished my post.

OK. I also addressed that in my ts;pe post. If you responded to that yet, please link.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:44 AM, Baldrick said:

[Refa] Acknowledges [Randa]'s been defending too much, and puts it down to the game situation/rustiness on Randa's part.

D2 1/6
His stance on Randa is now that people have been "ignoring his contributions", what contributions are those?

Ā 

Ā 

Actually I'm probably leaning Bart on the basis that I think scum!Ice Sage's buddies would have told him to vote in his role pm instead of having him still voteless at the end of the day (I'm assuming Ice Sage is the missing vote, iirc everyone else has claimed a vote and the only ones missing are him and RAD). Unless his scumteamjust decided to leave him out to dry, which is a possibility I guess.

On 5/18/2018 at 12:08 PM, athena_57 said:

Actually, I'm not sure my action failed due toĀ a roleblock, it might have been an invalid target.

Ā 1) What type of action is it youā€™re claiming failed here?

On 5/18/2018 at 12:49 PM, Eurykins said:

I work from 3pm-close tonight and 7am-5pm tomorrow morning. Please keep that in mind as it will reflect upon activity level in the first part of this day phase.

1. The fact that you "couldn't post" is because you pulled that fucking gambit and hypertunnelled your earlier posts onto Refa, that legit threw a lot of us off, including myself.

2. "Someone should..."Ā Why are you asking someone else to call me out on something that legitimately frustrated me? Also, the response post also noted me as to my vote swap back onto RAD, instead of the REFA vote I had changed to due to your claim (since I already had my share of issues with the Refa slot prior- I assumed a legit claim is best to go with if that was the actual case. WHICH IT WASN'T.) So no, it wasn't a shitpost, and the entire episode of the gambit made me want to not post anymore last day phase.Ā 

* @ConquerorĀ I voted RAD as per the last post I made last day phase.

3. Fact is you spending the rest of your posts, sans the last one listing the gambit, meant that you couldn't even flesh out the end results of your gambit on THAT day phase. That personally bothered me, because I was just sitting here like, "SO I JUST GOT JEBAITED AND WE ONLY GET TO KNOW LIKE, 10% OF THE WHATEVER QT YOU HAD ON THE SIDE IN TERMS OF WHAT YOU GOT OUT OF IT". Why not save 2 posts, and make it seem like you were limited to only 4 posts last day phase? Would've made a hell of a lot more sense, and would've given us more to actually get out of that gambit that made multiple of us waste posts in responding/reacting to said gambit. =___=

Ā 

2) The first line of this quote makes me go ā€œehhhā€ mostly because it feels like not wanting to be sr for incorrect reasons The anger here in the second part feels genuine and while normally anger is NAI being upset at a gambit is much more likely to come from town

Do you get upset easily Eury?

On 5/18/2018 at 12:57 PM, Shinori said:

It was fleshed out enough for me.Ā  I mainly wanted Refa's reaction and Sb's but SB wasn't around so rip.

"Someone should" Is literally because I quoted it from my thoughts QT which I stated.Ā  IF you don't get what that means; I made that comment in my thoughts qt talking bout things that I was thinking about yesterday while the day phase was still ongoing.

Two posts were used on the gambit and I was still able to respond to stuff that had been there at the point in time.Ā  Also considering that I ended up not even being around for phase end after that, me having ONE other post wouldn't have made a difference and I actually would have been unable ot use all my posts.

Using the gambit as an excuse to not post strikes me poorly and I dislike it.

I also don't get this massive response you are making towards me when I'm not even fully attacking you at the moment.Ā  You seem hyper defensive here.

First part; not really, the amount of posts wouldn't have changed too much, the timing was just poor.Ā  I meant to do it earlier in the day as it was something I had planned to do for a bit but I thought there was more time left in the day phase than there was.

Ā 

3) I like this post from Shin while Iā€™m not one to do gambits the counter argument here the tone feels really chill and cool while if someone pulled a gambit I would expect them be more defensive

(Consider this a dif post) Iā€™m not going to quote athenaā€™s case on bart but while I disagree with it it feels like it took time and comes from town a lot of the time trying to find scum. The main problem I have with the read itself is I donā€™t really find coasting scummy itā€™d be a good slot to invest/vig but wasteful lynching on coasters

On 5/18/2018 at 1:06 PM, athena_57 said:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, there's a bunch of "reads coming later" shit a number of times that really annoys me. Reads like him splitting up his posts to appear more busy.

4) I will admit I do this myself ā€œreads coming laterā€ and then never post out of being lazy ha bit bias here

On 5/18/2018 at 1:13 PM, Eurykins said:

Also @Ice Sage, where did last night phase take you? Seemed to disappear off the radar for some reason, were you not around much? Any new thoughts/reads?

Ā 

5) Can someone give me details on what this means

On 5/18/2018 at 1:34 PM, Jaybee said:

@athena_57Ā what does tmi mean lol i've never been Strong at terminology. and if someone can also explain what pocketing means that would be fantastic

@everyone: do you think scum intent/alignment can be gleaned from the way one used their anarchy posts, and if so, examples?

Ā 

6) I think so as I said early before you can make an excuse that you canā€™t post to get out of some details if you use all your posts. I think thatā€™s the only thing as I canā€™t think much on why itā€™d be scummy to not use all your posts

On 5/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, Shinori said:

IS that a posting restriction that you got?

Ā 

7) My same question I canā€™t read that

On 5/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, Killthestory said:

there's a lot of deepwolves running around for this shit.

sb i think is a wolf. i don't believe a lot of his reads, and i think his intention is to be deep rather than survive. elemina not being pushed at all since the game has started makes him a good wolf candidate. ice sage, i dont even care about anymore, same with refa. those guys are too consensus to care for pushing.Ā 

bartozio pinged me earlier, too, as a deepwolf candidate. jaybee might even be a wolf, similarly, to have your 4 wolf team filled with day presence, but someone who knew his meta earlier mentioned they had a good townread on him.

still, {elemina, jaybee, sb, bartozio} contains 2 wolves at the very least, but i'm definitely wrong somewhere. wolves clearly have too much presence for me to have been right on my reads.

Ā 

8) Can you tell me what you think a deep wolf is? What I got is itā€™s someone playing for the long game? What makes someone a deep wolf compared to towny to you

On 5/18/2018 at 4:09 PM, Killthestory said:

oh did you wall bart, athena? villa mindmeld, i thought that my bart read was UNIQUE.

Ā 

Ā  (FUDGE I FORGOT TO PUT THIS FIRST BUT HIT MULTI QUOTEĀ so imagine this is before the quote) The whole killthestory vs sb thing was mostly a pain to read because sbā€™s posts but I dislike the posts on both sides they both seem to be trying to win an argument compared to trying to figure out each others alignment as they should beĀ 

1)Along with this post it feels like a very bad pocket attempt Ā 

On 5/18/2018 at 4:11 PM, athena_57 said:

On that note, @Ice Sage, what do you think of my case on Bartozio? Please be specific on what you agree/disagree with.

Ā 

2) Why did you ask Ice out of everyone on the playerlist

On 5/18/2018 at 4:53 PM, Conqueror said:

Actually the more I think about it, the more I think refa's reaction to the guilty was bad. I have no idea why people think it's remotely town. Refa had just cased shinori, putting him as his #1 scum read with quote "obvious scum intent". And his reaction to Shinori claiming a guilty on him in his last post of the day is not "lynch this lying scumbag" but "lol I guess we're both town". @Refa, can you explain why you changed your mind so easily on Shinori' alignment? I could understand it if you weren't strongly scum reading him before, but you were. And as someone who has had a fake guilty claimed on them before, your turnaround just felt too fast for me to be believable. Why couldn't scum Shinori have faked a guulty on you and then used some sort of excuse to get away with it the next day? Logically it would be unlikely yeah but when someone claims a guilty on you you're not going to be in a logical mood.

Apologies if you addressed part of this yesterday but I can't read extensively right now and iĀ don't remember what you did after the fake was revealed.

3) I really like this post because I agree with it (if that was the standpoint) if Shin was Refaā€™s top sr and shin guilied him the reaction Iā€™d expect myself would be ā€œoh this is scum lynch it after meā€ but it turned into a flip. Was Refa flipping the read right away? Iā€™m looking forward to seeing the answer to this

Ā 

deepwolf is someone who is universally townread that has the potential toĀ carry the wolves into endgame. a powerwolf is someone who is universally townread and controls lynch targets. they also have the potential to carry wolves into endgame.

difference between towny and deepwolf is that a deepwolf doesn't actually care about solving so long as the result sare them surviving. a townie is actually trying to find wolves.