Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Yeah I need more axebreaker units, or with units with armor smasher. My only option is Ceada and she can't always one shot him. 

That's why I really suggest you get a red mage with axebreaker, doesn't have to be Aversa. If I had a +10 Lilina I would explode him in one round.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the Legendary Azuras in Aether Raids are worse than Surtr. Losing to a unit you can't damage is annoying, but it can be accounted for in future runs. I don't have any counters for Legendary Azura. I try to bait, but another unit (often Veronica) always attacks first and then gets refreshed. I guess if I had that "null staff damage" skill, Azura would attack instead of Veronica, but I don't have that. I can usually still win, but with major losses. It's probably enough to hold Tier 19 for awhile though. I might be able to get to Tier 20 this next light season, but I probably would regret it. :lol:

26 minutes ago, Tree said:

All the Legendary Azuras in Aether Raids are worse than Surtr. Losing to a unit you can't damage is annoying, but it can be accounted for in future runs. I don't have any counters for Legendary Azura. I try to bait, but another unit (often Veronica) always attacks first and then gets refreshed. I guess if I had that "null staff damage" skill, Azura would attack instead of Veronica, but I don't have that. I can usually still win, but with major losses. It's probably enough to hold Tier 19 for awhile though. I might be able to get to Tier 20 this next light season, but I probably would regret it. :lol:

This is where AI manipulation and movement order comes in. It is essential for AR

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

This is where AI manipulation and movement order comes in. It is essential for AR

True, it's just that I don't want to have to focus that hard on an Aether Raid battle every single day. At least with most other modes, I have a full week to tackle it. If a strategy doesn't work out, I can try something else with minimal penalty (except for Grand Conquest which has a similar issue).

Edited by Tree

Hopefully somebody here will run into my team next week. I plan to put out a 6 Camilla joke team once I get the new one. Still going to be taking it easy next week, since top 3k should remain safe without really playing for at least a couple more weeks, I expect.

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Hopefully somebody here will run into my team next week. I plan to put out a 6 Camilla joke team once I get the new one. Still going to be taking it easy next week, since top 3k should remain safe without really playing for at least a couple more weeks, I expect.

I am sad, Adrift Camilla came not home to me. I will only have 5 of them.
If she appears on a 3 hero banner I will certainly get her though. Or I try my luck if she appears together with a fine new red mythic hero which is more unlikely D=.  

Main goal is to save orbs, but I will pull occasionally on a banner I like. 

47 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's so good to not reach the next Tier because of 20 Lift...

Damn =/ that is harsh, AR really knows how to make it sour.

Thanks to the lack of motivation from many players I reached Top 3k.  I just wanted to have it again this time, because last week I messed up on the last day. I don't expect to reach T21 any time soon. Here is the point the game forces me to pull on a mythic hero banner. With 140 Lift per battle its possible. But my def team is just lacking and I invest everything into offensive for now. 

2 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Damn =/ that is harsh, AR really knows how to make it sour.

If I could reach almost next Tier this season, I believe I have a higher chance next season since we will have Light Season and Eir will give me some extra lift.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If I could reach almost next Tier this season, I believe I have a higher chance next season since we will have Light Season and Eir will give me some extra lift.

As long as next season does not turn out really bad for you it should be easy to reach next Tier. Even with 120 Lift you would have more than enough now. And in my opinion Eir support makes Light season easier. Because the other units are more durable. At least as long as we do not have Dark mythic heroes with attack boost. 

Edited by Stroud

I made Top 3K in AR again in T20 with 10,120 and rank 2,193!  Next week is the serious push for T21 with double Eirs - hopefully I can make it!

@Stroud That stinks that you only have one Eir.  Maybe you'll get lucky with defenses!  If Alkaid can do it with one Eir, so can you!  Good luck!

@Diovani Bressan That's horrible - I know the feeling of missing by just a little bit.  You should make it this next week!

Got very lucky today---only match'd up against opponents Nailah straight up stomps into oblivion. (One team had 4 healers---yeah, that shit doesn't work anymore.)

Gonna actually try this season, since Nailah not being a bonus unit means that she might fly under the radar for now. (Strictly speaking Null C-Disrupt is really hard to deal with from a defensive team perspective, but me not being willing to fodder her off means that they can target Nailah, specifically, pretty easily.)

Pity my schedule means that I'm gonna be getting like 6 hours of sleep/day versus the 10-12 I usually try to get.

Edit: Also, if Eir keeps up being a bonus unit then I'd rate her a strong 10.0/10*, having her share that score with exactly one other person, which is Legendary Azura. Not only does she buff well, but in a mixed-team she can body block the last person standing for one more turn to grab pots pretty easily. Main problem is that to do that job consistently she does very much need her bonus unit hp. (The 4 all stats isn't as important since she's pretty fast with a Prf that gives more speed, and only doing one combat means hp is the best defensive stat.)

*Outside AR she's about an 8, though. Which isn't an embarrassment to run, but very niche.

Edited by DehNutCase

Found a pretty strong flier ball team. Luckily I threw kinshi Hinoka on one of my teams on a whim and she helped me neuter that team despite all their ward/goad stacks making it hard to initiate normally.

Perfect 2 matches, but only 130 points since Hinoka's not blessed. No problem, though, since it's still another laid back season.

@DehNutCase my guess is that top left spot she's been chilling in is designated for Mythic Heroes and she'll depart in the next rotation once the new Mythic is out.

That does raise the question of how they'll rotate them afterwards though. Will they alternate every 2 weeks or will our new person get to hog a whole month to give Eir a break. Either way I'll miss my super bulky colorless death princess when her stats are finally gone.

8 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

That's horrible - I know the feeling of missing by just a little bit.  You should make it this next week!

Thanks for the support. Today I got three offensive victories, with 140 lift each, so I am positive this season.

This week makes me nervous. I cannot afford to lose 1 unit the whole season if I want to have a chance for T21. D=
Def loss was with -60 today and first win 140 lift. I do the second and third battle later. 

I was traumatised by my first battle today. 

The map looked tricky, but doable. Tried to bait a Galeforce L!Ephraim with my +4 (and buffed to the heavens) Frima, only to him shred her, activate his special, then shred another unit. He apparently lost more than half his HP in the process, which then caused two other enemy units to teleport in with WoM and destroy two more of my units.. Only Axura was left by the end, and she couldn't do anything. I was dead by the second turn. Quite the humiliating experience, probably meant to teach me a thing or two about not playing this mode right after waking up. Too bad I don't have the motivation to do it any other time of the day...

At least the rest of my battles went smoothly. 

Major disappointment - the Level 4 offensive fortress requires the Level 2 defensive fortress. I don't remember seeing that requirement before, but I just got enough dew today. I don't understand the reasoning. They could have just waited to introduce the Level 4 fortress later if they didn't want players to upgrade their offense too fast.That is a big increase in all future offensive fortress upgrades - an extra 500 dew now and an extra1,000 for the next most likely. It's a large expense for something I don't use. Was really looking forward to that upgrade. I've gone through two ladders already.

(I would guess 90% or more of my current Aether Raids difficulties are caused by legendary Azura alone. Flying movement, aerobatics, major stat buffs, and the movement bonus are rough. The other refreshers, even flying ones, don't come close.)

Need to prepare one Armor destroyer with Light Blessing.
3x 140 but lost 2 Ladders. 1 Because I gave up after losing 1 unit and the second because I forgot to check that Surtr has DC. Next days will be better.
Funny, I am more than prepared for Nuke mage teams, but not prepared for armors. 

T20 is the start of the crossroad between whales and F2P. Or better said Its the first Tier which starts to force you to pull Mythic heroes. Even if there is a chance with 140 Lift and some have done it. Its not allowed to make mistakes. 160 Lift is more relaxing, you could even lose 1 unit for more than half of the rounds.

Edited by Stroud

My first day went rather well, I coppied Johann’s defense setup which gave me a -60 lift today instead of the -80. So far so good. 

On offense I missclicked, and went in with a wrong team. All units are light blessed with double Eir in all my teams, but i did only get 120 on the first battle because of that mistake. 

Next one was a flying ball of death, so I sacked my Nailah and managed to get a 140. 

Last map I rematched my -60 battler and got an easy 160.

9760 so far with all my Ladders functional. That T21 goal is making me nervous, but this first day has helped easy the unrest a bit. I’m feeling good about this!

1 hour ago, Tree said:

Major disappointment - the Level 4 offensive fortress requires the Level 2 defensive fortress. I don't remember seeing that requirement before, but I just got enough dew today. I don't understand the reasoning. They could have just waited to introduce the Level 4 fortress later if they didn't want players to upgrade their offense too fast.That is a big increase in all future offensive fortress upgrades - an extra 500 dew now and an extra1,000 for the next most likely. It's a large expense for something I don't use. Was really looking forward to that upgrade. I've gone through two ladders already.

(I would guess 90% or more of my current Aether Raids difficulties are caused by legendary Azura alone. Flying movement, aerobatics, major stat buffs, and the movement bonus are rough. The other refreshers, even flying ones, don't come close.)

As an additional note, the level 5 upgrade for Fortress (O) also requires a level 3 Fortress (D). I assume it's the same the other way around, too.

I used up two ladders today, but that is okay. I am getting 160 Lift, so it should be pretty easy to get into Tier 20 now. Tier 21 could be a pain though.

I am running Distant Counter Sharena to carry the team and 2 M!Corrins with Death Blow-Axebreaker. In one of the lost matches, I timed out because even with two M!Corrins, I cannot finish off Surtr in one round at the end of Turn 7. I wish they give out armor effective Sacred Seals.

Edited by XRay