Jump to content
redlight

Aether Raids General Thread

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

What's a good C skill for Seliph? I'd like to do Infantry Pulse, but I only have it on a single Dorcas and I'm not sure I want to fodder him yet, so that's something for the future. Is Panic Ploy worth the 20k feathers it would cost, or am I better off with something cheaper like Atk Smoke?

I would just do Atk Smoke. Unless you need Infantry Pulse to charge an ally nuke's Glacies or something, Infantry Pulse feels kind of a waste in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

What's a good C skill for Seliph? I'd like to do Infantry Pulse, but I only have it on a single Dorcas and I'm not sure I want to fodder him yet, so that's something for the future. Is Panic Ploy worth the 20k feathers it would cost, or am I better off with something cheaper like Atk Smoke?

If you have grails and don't mind to use them, you can buy a Marisa for Infantry Pulse. You will need to use 20k feathers, though...

If you use him one defense, and depending on here he in the map, a Drive skill can be a cheap option.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look for something synergistic with your current/intended comp. Before I got Duma, I used to run Seliph on my Astra team, so I gave him Drive Spd (I knew Duma might be coming home, so I didn't want to invest IP, instead giving it to Ninian and Silvia). Caught a few people who only seemed to calculate for Thrasir's abilities and not the +3 Spd Seliph gave to her with their pants down.

Speaking of Astra maps, I revised my formation to be less open. Feels a little odd, but since Duma and the infantry's ability to provide coverage for each other is a bit limited, giving the attacker fewer ways to approach looked like the better option. I guess I just needed to make it look like both sides have easy baits for isolated sets of units (Silvia and Sonya; or lone Thrasir) and suddenly half the people arefalling for the rally trap again. The other two tried to Galeforce it, with Clair suicide bombing me in one. The other person brought, bizarrely, Sturdy Impact + Galeforce + Vantage Laevateinn with four refreshers. I have to wonder if they forgot to re-equip DC or something, since, while it would be possible for her to clean sweep six enemies with that many refreshers, she'd probably want Desperation over Vantage. Four refreshers is also super awkward for initiation, since the refreshers can't get each other out of danger. Laev needed L!Azura to help her get in there, putting L!Azura in Sonya's attack range. If a unit had had Repo or Draw Back, they could have gotten her out of there. Or Smite, which would have let them safely buff out of attack range, then launch Laev in.

I should probably clean out my friends list so I can add more SF people (early on, I just accepted any rando's request until I capped out).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost a lot of battles, all my ladders and only have 11,110 lift currently. In the red zone for dropping out of T21 this week so I went ahead and slapped together an anima defense team. half of them are lvl 1s but the important thing is that with Duma, Thrasir and some blessed units my lift loss is cut in half so my chances of demoting decrease drastically even if I lose every defense battle (which I was already doing) so I should be safe.

Wish I could have pulled a Sothis so I could have a blessed dark def team. Might consider actually building real defense teams for the two seasons. I've got plenty of strong units and plenty of blessings. Just lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I lost a lot of battles, all my ladders and only have 11,110 lift currently. In the red zone for dropping out of T21 this week so I went ahead and slapped together an anima defense team. half of them are lvl 1s but the important thing is that with Duma, Thrasir and some blessed units my lift loss is cut in half so my chances of demoting decrease drastically even if I lose every defense battle (which I was already doing) so I should be safe.

Wish I could have pulled a Sothis so I could have a blessed dark def team. Might consider actually building real defense teams for the two seasons. I've got plenty of strong units and plenty of blessings. Just lazy.

Oh, I hope you can keep Tier 21, because the path back to Tier 21 is kinda painful.

The amount you need to go from T 20 to T 21 is the same amount you need to go from T 21 to T 25: 1,600 lift. I will say now I would have a easier time than what I had before, that I only reached Tier 21 during Light season, and with L!Azura as bonus unit, so i was able to get the 160 lift per battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost another ladder today, but I won the 2nd match I did, with both pots and without losing any unit. 3 of the 4 ladders were used for now.

Meanwhile, my defenses are doing pretty well. I changed my team to make a lower lift loss team. The max I can lose for Astra Seasons is -39 (Duma is +1), which is pretty good, since now I only need 2 kill to nullify any loss in the match. I got 3 successes already, and he failures I got I killed 1 foe. They would be -19 failures, but none of them counted. I am sitting in -0 right now.

I may change my Dark Team as well, to a lower lift loss team. For Dark, I will have -38, since Yune is +2.

I will make two versions of each: one for water seasons, so I can use Azura, and other for non Water Seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deciding to run the Panic Ploy Seal on Kempf has really paid off. Ran into a team running full Tactics buffs and a few wave skills, probably trying to make their Galeforce Eliwood really hard to kill. Panic turned him into a feeble old man that Fjorm one shot. Not that his Impact effect would have mattered, since my Fjorm has Null Follow-Up, but it's still amusing to think that almost any old Fjorm could have exploded him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What can I do to make my Naesala more effective? Last night I played my first AR match using my Galeforce team. I ended up winning, but I lost Naesala almost immediately. He was unable to initiate on and kill Igrene despite having color advantage and I actually had a +1 fortress advantage for once. Igrene had no merges and I'm pretty sure she just had her base kit. I really should have taken a screen shot of her build, now that I think about it. I do remember she had 25 Def. I know Naesala didn't double her so he left her with 9HP and was not able to tank a single hit from her at the beginning of the next round. It was close though, I think she did 54 damage.  The rest of the team was able to come in and take everything out with no problem. So what can I do to make him better at killing and not dying so fast? I can't give him the Heavy Blade seal because I think Altina uses it better and she's also a galeforcer. I do have Naesala supported with Velouria. Is it just a matter of merges? I do have 368 grails saved up after buying one of the New Years orb packs, but I was going to concentrate on giving W!Cecilia merges for the time being. She's currently +2.  Am I better off give Naesala a merge or two first though? I guess I don't mind investing in Naesala because I faced and extremely potent Arena team the other day that had him, Tibarn, and two herons so I'd love to be able to do something like that when I eventually get Tibarn. So what do you guys think is my best course of action?

N4kkuA0l.pngMZpJYAIl.png

Edited by TEKWRX
formatting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Igrene uses a bow and has huge Atk, so it's not surprising Naesala died. You Galeforcers pretty much need to be able to double, so in Naesala's case, he needs to find some way to improve his effective Spd. Did you happen to catch what all the Spd values were? Assuming that's a +0 +Spd Igrene, she'd have 47 Spd after LaD4, but then your Naga's Chill Spd should have dropped her to 40 (unless their Sothis was way faster, in which case she'd absorb the chill instead). Naesala could hit 46 after Swift Sparrow, which I'd expect to double. Did the Grima or Ares happen to have Spd Tactic?

As far as general improvements go, yes, merging Naesala is an option. You can also Summoner support him up to A for +2 Spd. Hone Spd (or Spd Tactic, if you have it), or a Spd Link could also push him a bit higher. There's also the whale-y approach of pulling for Swift Sparrow 3 for him.

For this particular map, there's a crippling weakpoint that you could have exploited: Igrene is vulnerable to being nailed by 2-Move flying melee over the lava. Altina could have just jumped in and gibbed her. I'm not sure what Naga has as her assist, but Smite or Reposition could have allowed Naesala to jump into Ares's range, kill him, then retreat after proccing Galeforce. With no refreshers on the enemy team, none of the remaining units could threaten your team (barring maybe Grima, if he has Armored Boots, but he'd be a green attacking into a high-Res, high-Atk red).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Igrene uses a bow and has huge Atk, so it's not surprising Naesala died. You Galeforcers pretty much need to be able to double, so in Naesala's case, he needs to find some way to improve his effective Spd. Did you happen to catch what all the Spd values were? Assuming that's a +0 +Spd Igrene, she'd have 47 Spd after LaD4, but then your Naga's Chill Spd should have dropped her to 40 (unless their Sothis was way faster, in which case she'd absorb the chill instead). Naesala could hit 46 after Swift Sparrow, which I'd expect to double. Did the Grima or Ares happen to have Spd Tactic?

Ok, thanks for your insight. The speed may have been the issue. I don't remember if Igrene was +Spd or not, but my Naga doesn't have Chill Spd right now, she has WoM. So that's my fault 😟

Your ideas about beating the map without a loss makes sense now that I think about it. Honestly, I always kinda forget Altina is a flyer. And yeah, Naga has Smite so your plan would probably have worked. Oh well. Learning is fun 😉

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

As far as general improvements go, yes, merging Naesala is an option. You can also Summoner support him up to A for +2 Spd. Hone Spd (or Spd Tactic, if you have it), or a Spd Link could also push him a bit higher. There's also the whale-y approach of pulling for Swift Sparrow 3 for him.

My W!Cecilia has Summoner Support right now. Do you think Naesala would benefit more than an Omega Tank? If so, I can switch it. As far as merges, I guess I can take turns with him and Cecilia regarding grail allocation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, no, unless you suddenly find yourself constantly deploying your Galeforce team, Cecilia is better off with the Summoner support.

If you end up wanting to keep WoM on Naga, you could also see about sneaking the Chill Spd Seal onto someone. On my own teams, I typically shunt this off onto the bonus unit unless I expect said unit to constantly be on the front line tanking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

If you end up wanting to keep WoM on Naga, you could also see about sneaking the Chill Spd Seal onto someone. On my own teams, I typically shunt this off onto the bonus unit unless I expect said unit to constantly be on the front line tanking.

I'll think about that for the future. I don't have the Chill Spd seal, and who knows when I'll get it. I've only been playing the game since October, so there are a lot of free seals I never got. IS should have given all new accounts the TT seals for free once the Seal Forge was unlocked, or made those seals incredibly cheap to buy the first time. Same with grail units. Newer players are at a disadvantage in so many ways it seems like...

And I'll have to see how I like WoM on Naga. I literally put in on her shortly before playing that match last night, and it actually came in handy to kill Sothis at the end. So we'll see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just playing Voting Gauntlet, and the game paired me up with another players Naesala who had Mirror Impact in the A slot. He actually played pretty well, and killed both opponents he faced. During the last Legendary banner I ended up pulling four L!Julias, but I only merged one. So is it a good idea to give my Naesala Mirror Impact? Or should I just stick with Swift Sparrow 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I was just playing Voting Gauntlet, and the game paired me up with another players Naesala who had Mirror Impact in the A slot. He actually played pretty well, and killed both opponents he faced. During the last Legendary banner I ended up pulling four L!Julias, but I only merged one. So is it a good idea to give my Naesala Mirror Impact? Or should I just stick with Swift Sparrow 2?

Stick with Swift Sparrow. Mirror Impact does not provide Spd.

Mirror Impact might be okay at +10+5 with Hone Fliers/Hone Beasts buff, but at low merges, he cannot really afford to drop his Spd. Igrene +Atk can reach 49 Spd at +10+5, so Naesala really needs to keep up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Naesala wants Swift Sparrow 3 or Sturdy Impact~ Mirror Impact's kinda niche

I think it depends on the application. Impacts on a Desperation unit under a player's control is rarely ideal in my opinion, so both would already be super niche in that scenario.

For a defense team, Mirror Impact with +10+5 would give him 89 magical bulk, which would allow him to survive weaker Counter-Vantage blade mages. Naesala has 74 physical bulk without Sturdy Impact, so it is more than enough; increasing it anymore could be bad if the team is counting of Wings of Mercy Herons for support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I got another proof that don't matter if you whale to get all your units +10, if you don't know how to play or how to use your units... 

A player that has a +10 Duma as leading unit, and used a +10 Azura, a +10 Altina and a +10 Halloween Hector to attack my team... lost 3 unit in the process and didn't get the pots.  It was kinda pathetic to watch, because my team isn't hard to deal with.

He also used a +9 Kronya. The creative and original Halloween Hector and Kronya combo... too bad both died. Hector activated his duo skill to inflict 20 damage, and Kronya went to kill my HB unit, inflicting -7 from Savage Blow after combat. She could CC vantage everyone (well, not Saizo because he is pretty tanky), but he didn't thought that my Healing Tower, that heals 20 damage, and my Reyson, that heals 7 with his weapon, to heal everyone back to full HP and negating Kronya's vantage effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@XRay

Just summoned a +Atk Ophelia off banner with my ticket for today, so I can use her

I'm thinking of doing Ophelia + Mage + Legendary Celica + Igrene + Dancer for now

So Ophelia can have Blazing Light turn 1 with QP

Give hardy bearing to Igrene... Celica can get the Swift sparrow seal. Unsure who should be the other mage.

Do you think it's possible for me to set up a rally trap or should I just keep all of their assist slots empty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Just summoned a +Atk Ophelia off banner with my ticket for today, so I can use her

I'm thinking of doing Ophelia + Mage + Legendary Celica + Igrene + Dancer for now

So Ophelia can have Blazing Light turn 1 with QP

Give hardy bearing to Igrene... Celica can get the Swift sparrow seal. Unsure who should be the other mage.

Ophelia does not need Quickened Pulse, since there are three mages on the team. There is herself (yeah, she counts herself, part of why she is so good), QOV!Celica, and the third mage nuke. I recommend using a Dancer/Singer that is a mage with high HP, so the nuke can be more flexible if you decide to use an archer or staff healer in the future.

If you want a third mage nuke, I recommend Lilina if you need something cheap, but if you have Julia: Crusader of Light which I think you mentioned, I would pick her instead since her kit is almost complete.

Personally, I would go with a Panic staff healer and have the Dancer/Singer be the mage, since there you do not have a way to punish super tanks for using bonus buffs yet on the team.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, XRay said:

Ophelia does not need Quickened Pulse, since there are three mages on the team. There is herself (yeah, she counts herself, part of why she is so good), QOV!Celica, and the third mage nuke. I recommend using a Dancer/Singer that is a mage with high HP, so the nuke can be more flexible if you decide to use an archer or staff healer in the future.

If you want a third mage nuke, I recommend Lilina if you need something cheap, but if you have Julia: Crusader of Light which I think you mentioned, I would pick her instead since her kit is almost complete.

Personally, I would go with a Panic staff healer and have the Dancer/Singer be the mage, since there you do not have a way to punish super tanks for using bonus buffs yet on the team.

It's funny because the entire reason why I wanted another mage was so that I could use QP on someone else, which I seemed to forget

Guess who just pulled a +HP Azama and a Thrasir in the same circle.

And I only spent 22 orbs LOL I do have a +2 Inigoat... 40 HP with refined weapon.

Meh... feel like that's a waste... I guess I can do Rinea. She has 1 point of health more than he does so ~

It's looking like Ophelia Igrene Celica Rinea Azama and I guess I have another slot to use once I upgrade my thingy. Igrene can run QP and Ophelia can run hardy bearing with Rinea and Azama having IP... 

I guess I can do flashing blade Celica with Dragon Fang, since itd be at 2 CD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, XRay said:

I think it depends on the application. Impacts on a Desperation unit under a player's control is rarely ideal in my opinion, so both would already be super niche in that scenario.

For a defense team, Mirror Impact with +10+5 would give him 89 magical bulk, which would allow him to survive weaker Counter-Vantage blade mages. Naesala has 74 physical bulk without Sturdy Impact, so it is more than enough; increasing it anymore could be bad if the team is counting of Wings of Mercy Herons for support.

Naesala does actually have some decent Res so I could actually see it working out, Dragon tanks are still popular, too~

On this Impact note, I kinda want to give my Raven Sturdy Impact and throw him on my Defense Team with Legion's Axe~ I'm wondering if it might just be cheaper to run Windsweep, though.

I'm glad I don't have any ongoing Grail projects because Marisas are starting to get costly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright. I am confused. My Larum on my defense team REALLY does not like dancing. She would rather attack Libra for zero damage than to dance Amelia or in this case attack the Altina. Part of the reason I am using her is because her weapon is a Hardy Bearing weapon to get around Vantage. Even if she couldn't quite get the kill on Altina(looks like she misses it by 1hp), I don't get why she went after the Libra. Particularly since Amelia would have killed Altina if danced.  Does the AI prioritize the Savage Blow + Dagger Debuff to Corrin that much?

Screenshots in spoiler
 

Spoiler

ojhUC1g.pngkvKJV4D.pngMb03PmG.pngmx701zE.png

The only thing I can think of is the savage blow. That is a leftover from using her elsewhere that I just never bothered to take off since I figured the chip might help Thrasir in some rare instances and I didn't really have anything else for her C that I thought would make a bigger difference. But she will do this routinely. Suiciding into things rather than dancing(she actually survived this time which is kinda surprising). Does Savage blow really break the dancer AI or is something else afoot that I am missing?

BTW, I still won that defense. They couldn't cut through my armors in the time limit. However, Larum preferring to attack vs dancing even when she can't do damage has worked against me many times. So if that is Savage Blow's fault, then savage blow must go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Usana said:

Alright. I am confused. My Larum on my defense team REALLY does not like dancing. She would rather attack Libra for zero damage than to dance Amelia or in this case attack the Altina. Part of the reason I am using her is because her weapon is a Hardy Bearing weapon to get around Vantage. Even if she couldn't quite get the kill on Altina(looks like she misses it by 1hp), I don't get why she went after the Libra. Particularly since Amelia would have killed Altina if danced.  Does the AI prioritize the Savage Blow + Dagger Debuff to Corrin that much?

I believe the it prioritises combat it will survive over combat it won't. Did Amelia have Hardy Bearing and enough atk to kill Altina? If not, the AI would identify attacking Libra as the only "safe" attack, even if it did no damage.

As for situations where she doesn't survive, could any of her teammates reach the enemy? If only one unit is in range of one enemy, it will attack as long as it can do 5 damage, even if it dies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I believe the it prioritises combat it will survive over combat it won't. Did Amelia have Hardy Bearing and enough atk to kill Altina? If not, the AI would identify attacking Libra as the only "safe" attack, even if it did no damage.

Amelia doesn't have Hardy Bearing, but that doesn't affect whether she survives. Altina can only deal 16x2(32) damage to Amelia. Amelia is the one who brought her down to 9 HP in the first place. So a second round of combat would be a certain KO. So yes Amelia would survive and kill Altina if danced. In fact the player had to retreat on their turn to get away from Amelia. They moved Libra just below the wall so that Amelia and Larum could both suicide into him. That Libra has 63 visible attack and was right beside his buddy Corrin for another chunk of stats. Still barely survived my Amelia, but he did manage the counter KO so bravo to him. I have to take a new look at the positionals. Duma got positioned too far back to rally her and all the armors ended up one space away so she didnt' get her weapon refine that turn which put her just within counter killing range of that Libra.

I am not seeing one of the suicide examples from this week(though I didn't comb through all of them, I need to get to sleep and I think most of my suicide memories are from the anima season prior to this one). Though truthfully barely surviving is the more common trend and those do fall into the more typical lure the dancer trick. Though I do wish in situations like this they would dance the attacker so you could at least get a kill that turn. Seriously Peony is very vulnerable to Thrasir right then(due to panic smoke Peony is down to 33 speed so would be easily doubled). But nah, lets trade blows with Aversa instead.

Spoiler

JUwvJe3.pngvpP22uh.png


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...