Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Cool. Sent you a request. You’ll know it when you see it =P .

Got it!~ Now I'm scared I'm about to get omegatanked by this Caeda

Oh before you test it, Delthea's probably not a permanent addition, that's why she's not Blessed, I just needed her for the IP and WOM~

2 hours ago, XRay said:

For Infantry Pulse, if you do not have Alm: Saint King or Celica: Queen of Valentia, you can replace them with other nukes. The reason I like Valentian royals is because they heavily punish super tanks who neglect buffing Spd. By forcing super tanks to devote parts of their buffs to Spd, it means that those tanks are running less Def/Res buffs, making those tanks more vulnerable to other nukes on the team.

For the team, I would run something like Igrene, Lilina, Bridal Blessings Lyn, Panic staff user, Ninian, and Silvia. You may also want to consider swapping BB!Lyn for Glorious Gifts Jaffar since the defense team looks vulnerable to a blue super tank. GG!Jaffar is not infantry, but he can hit decently hard and his shit movement can be mitigated with Armored Boots, so he can be a temporary substitute until you get a green infantry nuke. Ideally, he would run something like Barb Shuriken, Moonbow, Fury, and maybe Bold Fighter so he has a better chance to overwhelm blue super tanks.

I do have Pairup Celica 👀 Knowing that, would she replace Lyn then?

Should I give IP to Silvia or Ninian? The Silvia I have is +Spd -Res which puts her res equal to Ninian but Ninian also has 2 more HP 

I mean, I could run it on both of them since that is the idea of this team anyway 

I dont have enough stones to have 6 units on defense right now though... 

Opting not to go Cav route

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Should I give IP to Silvia or Ninian? The Silvia I have is +Spd -Res which puts her res equal to Ninian but Ninian also has 2 more HP 

I mean, I could run it on both of them since that is the idea of this team anyway 

Opting not to go Cav route

Silvia is easy to merge and hits a high HP total to also evade BFjorm, Ninian does the same but is 5*.

Also no, Celica would be a completely different role from Panic+ Bride Lyn. She can't benefit from Duma's blessing to reduce Lift loss, but you can have her take Igrene's place in receiving Pulses to get an AoE. Her true damage is added to her AoE damage, and then it's dealt again in combat.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Yes.

Both would be good. You also probably want to run it on as many units as possible, preferably around 4.

Igrene should be able to shit on others with Blazing Light. Lilina should be able to take a giant dump on people with Glacies. QOV!Celica should throw the stinkiest Special she can depending on how many allies can Pulse her.

In order of highest to lowest HP:
Ninian
Silvia
Panic staff user (This unit needs to have more HP than Igrene so Igrene can activate Blazing Light.)
Igrene — Blazing Light
QOV!Celica — 4 cooldown Special, probably either Dragon Fang or another Blazing Special.
Lilina — Glacies

If you have TIme's Pulse on Igrene, then the Panic staff user's HP requirement is more flexible and it can have any HP you want.

That is fine. Just run 5 for now, but plan and prepare for 6.

42 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Also no, Celica would be a completely different role from Panic+ Bride Lyn. She can't benefit from Duma's blessing to reduce Lift loss, but you can have her take Igrene's place in receiving Pulses to get an AoE. Her true damage is added to her AoE damage, and then it's dealt again in combat.

The point of running an Infantry Pulse team is to run as many variety of damage nukes as possible to counter as many tanking strategies as possible. While providing Firesweep for the team is nice, it is not necessary in my opinion, since the point of the team is to overwhelm the supertank, not necessarily survive the encounter with the super tank. Once the super tank falls, the rest of the team will usually go down with it.

An ideal team would run something like the following:

Panic staff user: Punishes super tanks for using bonus buffs. Helps shut down Counter-Vantage units with Firesweep.
Blazing nuke: Punishes super tanks with low visible Def/Res. Shuts down Counter-Vantage units with Hardy Bearing.
One shot nuke: Punishes super tanks with low Def/Res. Provides coverage against Nagi.
SK!Alm/QOV!Celica: Punishes super tanks with low Spd.
FIH!Micaiah×2: Helps shut down Counter-Vantage units with Dawn Suzu.

Basically, a super tank cannot run bonus buffs to counter the above team unless it wants to be crapped on by Panic. They also need to figure out a way to stack visible Def/Res as high as possible while having enough Spd to avoid being killed by SK!Alm and QOV!Celica. The current meta involves stacking visible Res as high as possible to help them tank Ophelia, but since Igrene targets Def, she would render that effort futile. With 4 units running Hardy Bearing or Firesweep, you cannot use Counter-Vantage against the defense team.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

The point of running an Infantry Pulse team is to run as many variety of damage nukes as possible to counter as many tanking strategies as possible. While providing Firesweep for the team is nice, it is not necessary in my opinion, since the point of the team is to overwhelm the supertank, not necessarily survive the encounter with the super tank. Once the super tank falls, the rest of the team will usually go down with it.

An ideal team would run something like the following:

Panic staff user: Punishes super tanks for using bonus buffs. Helps shut down Counter-Vantage units with Firesweep.
Blazing nuke: Punishes super tanks with low visible Def/Res. Shuts down Counter-Vantage units with Hardy Bearing.
One shot nuke: Punishes super tanks with low Def/Res. Provides coverage against Nagi.
SK!Alm/QOV!Celica: Punishes super tanks with low Spd.
FIH!Micaiah×2: Helps shut down Counter-Vantage units with Dawn Suzu.

Basically, a super tank cannot run bonus buffs to counter the above team unless it wants to be crapped on by Panic. They also need to figure out a way to stack visible Def/Res as high as possible while having enough Spd to avoid being killed by SK!Alm and QOV!Celica. The current meta involves stacking visible Res as high as possible to help them tank Ophelia, but since Igrene targets Def, she would render that effort futile. With 4 units running Hardy Bearing or Firesweep, you cannot use Counter-Vantage against the defense team.

Firesweep? What do you mean?

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Firesweep? What do you mean?

QOV!Celica has a different role from BB!Lyn, but QOV!Celica's role is more important in my opinion. BB!Lyn helps with reducing Lift Loss all the time if you are counting on using Mythics and Mythic Blessings to reduce Lift Loss, as well as providing the rest of the team with Firesweep via Candlelight. However, if you are counting on consistently winning the battle or killing enough enemies to reduce Lift loss, then I think QOV!Celica is better for that job.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Silvia is easy to merge and hits a high HP total to also evade BFjorm, Ninian does the same but is 5*.

Celica with Duma can help reduce Lift loss, but only when Anima and Fire line up.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

QOV!Celica has a different role from BB!Lyn, but QOV!Celica's role is more important in my opinion. BB!Lyn helps with reducing Lift Loss all the time if you are counting on using Mythics and Mythic Blessings to reduce Lift Loss, as well as providing the rest of the team with Firesweep via Candlelight. However, if you are counting on consistently winning the battle or killing enough enemies to reduce Lift loss, then I think QOV!Celica is better for that job.

Eh, I don't think it's worth it to run Candlelight for a defense team at all. I was under the assumption Arc was going to replace her staff with Panic+, which is honestly the only worthwhile staff for AR Defense imo.

My suggestion was that if they really wanted to use Celica, it was worth considering Celica in the role of the AoE user instead of as one of the lower cd assists. LAlm and Celica with AoEs can punish both low Spd and low bulk at the same time, and even supertanks that stack bulk get punished for it with basically double true damage stacked on in one engagement.

Just now, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Celica with Duma can help reduce Lift loss, but only when Anima and Fire line up.

Yeah I know. Which isn't super often.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Eh, I don't think it's worth it to run Candlelight for a defense team at all. I was under the assumption Arc was going to replace her staff with Panic+, which is honestly the only worthwhile staff for AR Defense imo.

My suggestion was that if they really wanted to use Celica, it was worth considering Celica in the role of the AoE user instead of as one of the lower cd assists. LAlm and Celica with AoEs can punish both low Spd and low bulk at the same time, and even supertanks that stack bulk get punished for it with basically double true damage stacked on in one engagement.

I see. I thought you meant running a Panic staff user and BB!Lyn at the same time.

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Got it!~ Now I'm scared I'm about to get omegatanked by this Caeda

Oh before you test it, Delthea's probably not a permanent addition, that's why she's not Blessed, I just needed her for the IP and WOM~

Wrong Caeda 😉. Alm was actually one of the units that I didn't deploy that raiding party against anyway, though now that you say it I'm almost tempted to reassemble it and see what happens.

Results, using my raiding party setups for this week:

Spoiler

Flora was actually the one who omegatanked on this one:

Spoiler

Using Altina as a Vantage sweeper also got the job done. On my first attempt, I actually got away with sticking her on the defense tile. She was somehow able to take Upheaval, plus a hit each from Delthea and Alm. I went back later and just stuck her on the outside of Celica's range:

Spoiler

A Galeforce setup also managed it, but only after a lot of trial and error. To top it all off, it's a seasonal Legendary team using Leif and Eirika, so it's not something I (or anyone else) would be able to do any old time. Basically, Leif blizted Celica and Alm, and Eirika took out Silvia and then Thrasir, trapping Delthea in the corner.

Spoiler

Now that I look at it again, I guess I could have had Naga warp in and take out Duma before Eirika moved on to Thrasir.

I didn't bother using my other two raiding parties, because there was no way in the world they were going to be able to succeed. One is a Fjorm omegatank setup, the other is...I don't actually know what it is, or if it will work on anything. It's some sort of player phase-ish team with Legendary Celica, Legendary Azura, Jaffar, Altina, and Naga. I just threw it together because I have no idea what else to do with that team slot.

Of the three tests, I'd really only be concerned about the Altina one. The other two are pretty niche setups that I don't think many people are using. Especially the Flora team, though I suppose there are some other units that might be capable of pulling off something similar (Slaying Edge+/Iceberg Caeda?!).

I would honestly recommend switching out Duma's QR for Armored Boots. He's so tucked away that by the time he gets to the point where the enemy can engage him, he's likely the last one alive, and QR isn't going to save him from getting Divine Fang-ed to death. If you do that, you'll probably want to give him an assist so he doesn't consume Silvia's refresh.

I would also give some consideration to leaving Lunar Flash on Alm, unless you can get the Blazing fully charged.

The structure of the map is fine, though as the Altina test showed, it's a little susceptible to Vantage if you just stick a unit at the bottom of Celica's range, because Alm can't get the refresh. I don't know how many people are actually running Altina alongside Brave Lucina (I suspect that Delthea would give her some trouble otherwise), but that setup proved to be a sure way to weather the assault of the ranged units. I'm assuming Alm's Draw Back serves some purpose, but he may be better off without it.

28 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Wrong Caeda 😉. Alm was actually one of the units that I didn't deploy that raiding party against anyway, though now that you say it I'm almost tempted to reassemble it and see what happens.

Results, using my raiding party setups for this week:

Hide contents

Flora was actually the one who omegatanked on this one:

Hide contents

Using Altina as a Vantage sweeper also got the job done. On my first attempt, I actually got away with sticking her on the defense tile. She was somehow able to take Upheaval, plus a hit each from Delthea and Alm. I went back later and just stuck her on the outside of Celica's range:

Hide contents

A Galeforce setup also managed it, but only after a lot of trial and error. To top it all off, it's a seasonal Legendary team using Leif and Eirika, so it's not something I (or anyone else) would be able to do any old time. Basically, Leif blizted Celica and Alm, and Eirika took out Silvia and then Thrasir, trapping Delthea in the corner.

Hide contents

Now that I look at it again, I guess I could have had Naga warp in and take out Duma before Eirika moved on to Thrasir.

I didn't bother using my other two raiding parties, because there was no way in the world they were going to be able to succeed. One is a Fjorm omegatank setup, the other is...I don't actually know what it is, or if it will work on anything. It's some sort of player phase-ish team with Legendary Celica, Legendary Azura, Jaffar, Altina, and Naga. I just threw it together because I have no idea what else to do with that team slot.

Of the three tests, I'd really only be concerned about the Altina one. The other two are pretty niche setups that I don't think many people are using. Especially the Flora team, though I suppose there are some other units that might be capable of pulling off something similar (Slaying Edge+/Iceberg Caeda?!).

I would honestly recommend switching out Duma's QR for Armored Boots. He's so tucked away that by the time he gets to the point where the enemy can engage him, he's likely the last one alive, and QR isn't going to save him from getting Divine Fang-ed to death. If you do that, you'll probably want to give him an assist so he doesn't consume Silvia's refresh.

I would also give some consideration to leaving Lunar Flash on Alm, unless you can get the Blazing fully charged.

The structure of the map is fine, though as the Altina test showed, it's a little susceptible to Vantage if you just stick a unit at the bottom of Celica's range, because Alm can't get the refresh. I don't know how many people are actually running Altina alongside Brave Lucina (I suspect that Delthea would give her some trouble otherwise), but that setup proved to be a sure way to weather the assault of the ranged units. I'm assuming Alm's Draw Back serves some purpose, but he may be better off without it.

Thanks a lot for these, I've given Duma the boots and an Assist, I can definitely see him needing them here. I usually find Boots Armors really suicide-y so I kinda went back and forth on it but I see how it would have stopped the Galeforce strat. Also put Lunar Flash on Alm since I only have 2 Pulsers.

Originally no one had an Assist, the reason I gave it to Alm was because as I was testing it against myself, my units weren't dying so they were just clumping up in front of the Defensive tile and no one could attack. I gave Alm Draw Back so that after Celica attacks, if she doesn't die, he can pull her back and then Thrasir can attack, which did end up working in my tests. So I'm not really sure which is better to have on him (or if I should keep the Celica Miracle thing going on or just go for Luna).

Since I was lucky enough to get Lethe during my free summon session this morning, I was thinking about building my AR Galeforce team as beasts. Good idea or no? I did read that Lethe is a good galeforcer, and I also have Velouria that I could pair with her (I assume I should give her galeforce too? She already has WoM). I have a Cordelia 5* combat manual ready to go, and I have enough feathers to unlock another or two. Here are the beasts I have to work with, let me know who I should use.

• Lethe
  • Velouria
  • Reyson x2
  • Nailah
  • Ranulf
  • Naesala
  • Caineghis
  • Mordecai

16 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I stupidly merged my Silvia 4* to +4 (and my Olivia to +6), but I've been thinking about promoting her to 5* because of how good I hear she is in AR. What IV is best? I think I have +Spd right now, but if that's not great, what should I be looking for? And does she want her Barrier Blade, or is there something better? 

i missed your code. what is it?

13 hours ago, Rinco said:

Accepted!

are we friends?

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Since I was lucky enough to get Lethe during my free summon session this morning, I was thinking about building my AR Galeforce team as beasts. Good idea or no? I did read that Lethe is a good galeforcer, and I also have Velouria that I could pair with her (I assume I should give her galeforce too? She already has WoM). I have a Cordelia 5* combat manual ready to go, and I have enough feathers to unlock another or two. Here are the beasts I have to work with, let me know who I should use.

Keep in mind that Galeforce defense team are very vulnerable to Galeforce themselves and are generally pretty easy to deal with using a super tank. For the cost involved, I would just invest in a cav line instead using ranged cavalry.

If you really want to go with a beast Galeforce team, I recommend using beast fliers since they can fly over obstacles and have less issues with choke points.

I would build the team to be something like the following:
Tibarn
Naesala
Reyson
Leanne
The fifth and sixth slots can be additional Herons or Velourias.

Basically every one besides Tibarn and Naesala runs Wings of Mercy. Naesala unfortunately will not be able to activate Galeforce reliably, so he is dependent on the Herons to Sing to him for additional actions. Velouria's effect cannot provide Ally Support partners Special cooldown effect anymore since Ally Support does not work on defense, but she will still get Special cooldown for herself, so she can run something Flashing Blade 4-Wings of Mercy-Darting Blow and Swift Sparrow-Wings of Mercy-Flashing Blade if you need to run two of her.

2 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

• Lethe
  • Velouria
  • Reyson x2
  • Nailah
  • Ranulf
  • Naesala
  • Caineghis
  • Mordecai

Lethe and Naesala are the best candidates for Velouria's partner. As a Lethe fan, it pains me to say this, but I recommend Naesala over Lethe because he'll be easier to merge in the future. Regardless, you'll need to be pretty choosy about your engagements. Both have Spd, but not a whole ton of Atk. This is fine for securing kills because many of the targets they'll fight will be squishy and get one-rounded by fast units through WTA. However, they cannot use Flashing Blade (infantry only) and their Atk will typically be lower than the nukers they're attacking, so Heavy Blade is useless. This means what you're probably going to have to do is run the Flashing Blade Seal on Velouria and the Quickened Pulse Seal on her partner. This will get Galeforce down to the 2 charges you need it to be for general consistency. But there's still more caveats. Without something like Heavy Blade in play, anything on the front line with a Guard effect is going to stop your Galeforce strat cold. Anything that prevents follow-up attacks is also going to be a problem (granted, even a unit with Heavy Blade active will run into issues there, since while they'll activate Galeforce, they'll likely fail to kill the target).

Thanks both of you for your thoughts. And sorry @XRay if I wasn't clear in my post, but I want to build the galeforce beast team for offense not defense. My bad. I don't have Tibarn or Leanne, so they're out. So between Naesala and Lethe, which is the better galeforce user right now with 0 merges? I know Naesala is technically easier to merge, but since I'm concentrating on W!Cecilia it will be many many months before I can use any grails for Naesala. So I want to give Velouria galeforce and add another galeforcer (Naesala or Lethe), but I'm not sure who else would gel with them? Probally Reyson to have a WoM dancer. Since it's Astra I can also use Altina who I already gave galeforce to a while ago. Is 3 galeforces on a team excessive? Do I just stick with 2? Between Nailah, Mordecai, and Caineghis who has the most value to the team?

Or should I forget the beast team and build different galeforce units? I figured Velouria would synergize well, but I guess I can pair her with any unit not just beast. I already have a few galeforce units (Cordelia, F!Mareeta, Altina) but I don't have much success using them most times. Might be their builds? Some potential galeforce units I have are Duo Ephraim, Edlegard, M!Byleth, and regular Mareeta.

Edited by TEKWRX
clarity

I'd probably still stick with Naesala. Flying gets him around a number of obstacles that would mess Lethe up, like bushes, mountains and trenches. Three Galeforcers should be fine—especially since Altina actually has a pretty good chance of proccing Heavy Blade against her targets. Granted, Altina is going to be a little jank without refresher support, since she'll have a 5 charge to start and Heavy Blade will only get her 4 at most. Still, should probably be okay since the goal of most Galeforce strategies is going to be killing five opponents and then trapping the sixth in so that you can get the pots.

I'm guessing you don't have a Naga yet, otherwise you'd want her on the team alongside Altina. A pretty safe overall team comp would probably be something like:

• Naesala
  • Velouria
  • Altina
  • Naga/a second Altina/Reyson (if you don't have Naga or a second Altina)
  • Bonus unit (with Smite)

Oh, and make sure you remember that Altina will stop her beast teammates from transforming if she's adjacent to them (Naga, however, is fine).

@Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi, I do have Naga, so I'll put together that team and see how it does. Thanks. How should I build Naesala? I've already given him Desperation, but I don't have a C skill or assist skill yet. And as far as bonus units this season, I guess Peony would be most useful? I also have W!Sothis, Mareeta, and Kemph (who I gave a fun build of Vantage/Double Savage Blow which is great with his weapon. The prevent counter attacks effect has helped me many times)

Edited by TEKWRX
spelling

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Thanks both of you for your thoughts. And sorry @XRay if I wasn't clear in my post, but I want to build the galeforce beast team for offense not defense. My bad. I don't have Tibarn or Leanne, so they're out. So between Naesala and Lethe, which is the better galeforce user right now with 0 merges? I know Naesala is technically easier to merge, but since I'm concentrating on W!Cecilia it will be many many months before I can use any grails for Naesala. So I want to give Velouria galeforce and add another galeforcer (Naesala or Lethe), but I'm not sure who else would gel with them? Probally Reyson to have a WoM dancer. Since it's Astra I can also use Altina who I already gave galeforce to a while ago. Is 3 galeforces on a team excessive? Do I just stick with 2? Between Nailah, Mordecai, and Caineghis who has the most value to the team?

Or should I forget the beast team and build different galeforce units? I figured Velouria would synergize well, but I guess I can pair her with any unit not just beast. I already have a few galeforce units (Cordelia, F!Mareeta, Altina) but I don't have much success using them most times. Might be their builds? Some potential galeforce units I have are Duo Ephraim, Edlegard, M!Byleth, and regular Mareeta.

An easy Galeforce team for Astra would probably be running 2 Altinas with both running Galeforce, 2 Velourias Ally Supporting the 2 Altinas, and either Reyson or Edelgard for the fifth unit. With 2 Velourias, it would get Altinas' Galeforces down to 1 cooldown, and the green unit can provide color coverage.

For a beast Galeforce team on Light, you will want Tibarn and Naesala, as well as a green or colorless beast cavalry, and run some combination of Peonys and/or Herons

For a beast Galeforce team on Astra, we will probably have to wait until they release an Astra Dancer/Singer, but it would be built the same way.

- - - - - - -

Galeforcers need Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers to support them, as well as other nukes to help follow up on their lead. Galeforcers do not play like raw damage nukes and they generally do not do well against super bulky units.

Cordelia works best with VS!Azura for additional movement. I typically use her as a sacrifice against Infantry Pulse teams, where she kills a front line and back line, and if the defense team is really crap, I can send in my Dancer/Singer so the Galeforcer can kill an additional enemy.

For your infantry Galeforcers, you will probably want to run DM!Ephraim to provide additional movement. To cut down on Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade cost, you want to run Infantry Rush/Infantry Flash on your Wings of Mercy beacon so that other infantry Galeforcers can run other skills. The best infantry Galeforcing Wings of Mercy beacons are Raven and Lon'qu, since they are able to reduce their bulk by quite a bit with their Special Refinement.