Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, even after giving Hawkeye a bunch of merges and such, he still can't tank much at all. He's useless in AR. I obviously can't just get rid of him for feathers though, I've put too much into him at this point. I guess he'll just get occasional use in AA or something.

I don't care to look at enemy skills or anything anymore either. Doesn't help. I still lose almost every battle in Astra week regardless. Knowing what skills enemies have doesn't mean I can make a proper strategy for them. I don't know exactly how they'll move or who they'll attack. I can guess, but I won't always be right. And I'll sometimes run into bullshit like Altina doing literally zero damage to legendary Alm (he's supposed to have rather shit Def). I can't foresee that.

Though what definitely doesn't help is that I don't have a good bonus unit to use this week.

I really wish this mode didn't exist or got some heavy changes to make it less BS.

EDIT: I forgot that I haven't tried Brave Lucina support on Hawkeye yet. If this doesn't make him noticeably more useful in AR, I dunno anymore... I still can't get Lucina's refine yet though.

Looking at enemy skills and actually understanding what they will do to your Team and who they target is different. Predicting AI movement somewhat isnt hard and i believe 3-4 people linked you to a page that describes how AI movement/priority works. This is what AR boils down to.

And no Alm definitly has NOT shit DEF when he is A) a Bonus unit this week and B) prolly is benefiting from 1 or 2 Def Blessing Boosts from Thrasir which means additional 9 to 14 Def (buffs and drives not included). Look at the stats.

Unless you really want to learn how to play the game you will need to accept the fact that Astra season (or AR in general) will suck for you. So please stop complaining each Astra season how everything is garbage.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Looking at enemy skills and actually understanding what they will do to your Team and who they target is different. Predicting AI movement somewhat isnt hard and i believe 3-4 people linked you to a page that describes how AI movement/priority works. This is what AR boils down to.

And no Alm definitly has NOT shit DEF when he is A) a Bonus unit this week and B) prolly is benefiting from 1 or 2 Def Blessing Boosts from Thrasir which means additional 9 to 14 Def (buffs and drives not included). Look at the stats.

Unless you really want to learn how to play the game you will need to accept the fact that Astra season (or AR in general) will suck for you. So please stop complaining each Astra season how everything is garbage.

That link had been posted for her more than 10 times, and she never bothered with it anyway since it costs her too much time and does not have 5 minutes a day to read up on a paragraph or two. 

With the attitude she's having I'm almost sad she's not demoting.  

But yeah, just plonk your unit in range and hope for the best, that'll work. Don't bother with checking skills, stats, ranges or anything. that's not how you play this game.

52 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

That link had been posted for her more than 10 times, and she never bothered with it anyway since it costs her too much time and does not have 5 minutes a day to read up on a paragraph or two. 

That was more than one or two paragraphs.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, and if you read carefully, you would have seen that I specifically said that you didn't even want to bother with reading one or two paragraphs A DAY. Seriously, learn to read before you post something. Because currently you're talking a lot, but not saying anything. Every single person that has recommended that guide has said that it only takes 5 minutes a day because the Ai is easily sectioned and thus easily read in parts. 

So yeah, anyone with a the mental capability of a magnolia knows that thing is more than two paragraphs, but that does not mean you have to read it in one sitting, which is what I said in my previous post, as did many other before me. But as we have seen before, you have just rudely shut down any of these things that could ease your struggle, and claimed your life was to busy to make room for 5 minutes of reading. How insensitive of us that we didn't account for your busy schedule.

8 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Yes, and if you read carefully, you would have seen that I specifically said that you didn't even want to bother with reading one or two paragraphs A DAY. Seriously, learn to read before you post something. Because currently you're talking a lot, but not saying anything. Every single person that has recommended that guide has said that it only takes 5 minutes a day because the Ai is easily sectioned and thus easily read in parts. 

So yeah, anyone with a the mental capability of a magnolia knows that thing is more than two paragraphs, but that does not mean you have to read it in one sitting, which is what I said in my previous post, as did many other before me. But as we have seen before, you have just rudely shut down any of these things that could ease your struggle, and claimed your life was to busy to make room for 5 minutes of reading. How insensitive of us that we didn't account for your busy schedule.

Sorry, I didn't pick up that you meant I had to read anything on multiple days.

"I don't care if you're an extremely busy person with a life outside of this game! Just read!" Wow, how kind. You can't force me. So just leave me alone, please.

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I don't care to look at enemy skills or anything anymore either. Doesn't help. I still lose almost every battle in Astra week regardless. Knowing what skills enemies have doesn't mean I can make a proper strategy for them.

The expectations you have of your units, teams, effort, and results from that effort are extremely unrealistic. Going into battle without any information nor plan and expecting to win is not how this game works.

Knowing who the enemies are and what skills they are using absolutely means you can make a proper strategy. You might not be able to come up with a perfect strategy, but you can come up with one that would give you a decent chance of winning. It might involve one or more deaths and you might not always win, but at least you will win enough of the battles that matter.

For example, if you see Alm: Saint King and Celica: Queen of Valentia on the same team, that is a huge sign that you may want to avoid using a super tank team, so use another team in this scenario. Do not just stick Hawkeye out there if you know he is going to die. If you do not know whether Hawkeye will survive, use a calculator. And if the calculator tells you that Hawkeye is going to die, then use another team.

If you do not have a Player Phase team yet, make one. A Player Phase team can often win by shear attrition. The score will not be pretty and the win will probably be far from perfect, but it is at least a win.

The tools are all there to help you win.

I don't know exactly how they'll move or who they'll attack. I can guess, but I won't always be right.

If you are not willing to read the guide on predicting the AI, then at least do a practice run everyday using Mock Battle. Doing a practice battle with no pressure on winning will help you improve, but you need to keep at it. Without pressure, it is easier to stay calm and think thoroughly, and it is that mindset that helps you win.

When it comes time to do a real battle, you can draw on your additional experiences from Mock Battles and try to maintain that same mindset.

And just doing the Mock Battle as warm up right before you do the real battle is good too. If you make a stupid mistake in Mock Battle first, you will remember and avoid that mistake when you do the real battle later.

And I'll sometimes run into bullshit like Altina doing literally zero damage to legendary Alm (he's supposed to have rather shit Def). I can't foresee that.

Again, this is what the calculator is for. You need to pay more attention. If SK!Alm's high HP and Def did not trigger a reaction, you need more practice looking at skills and stats.

EDIT: I forgot that I haven't tried Brave Lucina support on Hawkeye yet. If this doesn't make him noticeably more useful in AR, I dunno anymore... I still can't get Lucina's refine yet though.

This is why you need to use a calculator.

Tell me, what buffs does BH!Lucina currently provide?

Are you running any other buffers?

What kind of super tank is Hawkeye (Spd tank, Def tank, Res tank, Spd/Def tank, Spd/Res tank, Def/Res tank)?

Do you think the impact of Ally Support is going to make much of a difference?

After knowing the difference it makes, what expectations should you have?

Edited by XRay

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, I didn't pick up that you meant I had to read anything on multiple days.

"I don't care if you're an extremely busy person with a life outside of this game! Just read!" Wow, how kind. You can't force me. So just leave me alone, please.

If you are going to openly rant about how the game sucks because you actively refuse to study and acquire game knowledge to improve, you can expect people to openly critise that.

If you are in a room of pianists that have offered you advice and shout ‘the piano takes too long to master and the lessons you all gave me aren’t worth my time’ you are going to get a lot of critique. Same applies here, if you rant and slap our given advice in our face, you will get called out on that. 

So either just don’t bother posting about how miserable AR is for you, or accept the fact that if you do, people will call you out on your excuses. 

And same applies for the game, accept that you are not improving because you refuse to put in the effort to improve, or actually put in the effort and stop making excuses.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

The expectations you have of your units, teams, effort, and results from that effort are extremely unrealistic. Going into battle without any information nor plan and expecting to win is not how this game works.

Knowing who the enemies are and what skills they are using absolutely means you can make a proper strategy. You might not be able to come up with a perfect strategy, but you can come up with one that would give you a decent chance of winning. It might involve one or more deaths and you might not always win, but at least you will win enough of the battles that matter.

For example, if you see Alm: Saint King and Celica: Queen of Valentia on the same team, that is a huge sign that you may want to avoid using a super tank team, so use another team in this scenario. Do not just stick Hawkeye out there if you know he is going to die. If you do not know whether Hawkeye will survive, use a calculator. And if the calculator tells you that Hawkeye is going to die, then use another team.

If you do not have a Player Phase team yet, make one. A Player Phase team can often win by shear attrition. The score will not be pretty and the win will probably be far from perfect, but it is at least a win.

If you are not willing to read the guide on predicting the AI, then at least do a practice run everyday using Mock Battle. Doing a practice battle with no pressure on winning will help you improve, but you need to keep at it. Without pressure, it is easier to stay calm and think thoroughly, and it is that mindset that helps you win.

When it comes time to do a real battle, you can draw on your additional experiences from Mock Battles and try to maintain that same mindset.

And just doing the Mock Battle as warm up right before you do the real battle is good too. If you make a stupid mistake in Mock Battle first, you will remember and avoid that mistake when you do the real battle later.

Again, this is what the calculator is for. You need to pay more attention. If SK!Alm's high HP and Def did not trigger a reaction, you need more practice looking at skills and stats.

What kind of super tank is Hawkeye (Spd tank, Def tank, Res tank, Spd/Def tank, Spd/Res tank, Def/Res tank)?

If reading for 5 minutes a day is too much to ask, using a calculator or doing a mock battle is absolutely out of the question. How rude of you to even consider these as options!

16 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

If you are going to openly rant about how the game sucks because you actively refuse to study and acquire game knowledge to improve, you can expect people to openly critise that.

If you are in a room of pianists that have offered you advice and shout ‘the piano takes too long to master and the lessons you all gave me aren’t worth my time’ you are going to get a lot of critique. Same applies here, if you rant and slap our given advice in our face, you will get called out on that. 

So either just don’t bother posting about how miserable AR is for you, or accept the fact that if you do, people will call you out on your excuses. 

And same applies for the game, accept that you are not improving because you refuse to put in the effort to improve, or actually put in the effort and stop making excuses.

Well of course. But I'm not rejecting every single piece of advice I get. I took the advice on utilizing Brave Ike and trying out units like Hawkeye and all. I'm even thinking about building another male Corrin to support with someone. And I got my hands on Brave Lucina as suggested too.

The thing about criticism you have to remember is that not every piece of advice you give will or can be used. It doesn't mean the person is trying to cherry pick or be lazy. I personally feel I'm being treated as if I'm lazy and just don't want to make much effort. And that isn't true. If it isn't your intention to treat me that way, then I understand. You're just coming off to me differently. Sometimes though, a piece of advice may be something that the person simply can't do for other legit reasons.

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

Thanks, a lot of this sounds very helpful. I've tried player phase teams in AR before though, they don't work nearly as well for me as my teams with Brave Ike and NY Alfonse + Sharena in Light weeks. Though I always felt that I was just plain better at using enemy phase teams regardless though, maybe that's the issue. I just don't know how to use player phase teams as well as those.

I haven't leveled up Lucina yet. I like to level up new units and build them during double SP periods to make it quicker.

And about mock battles, I don't get how that's supposed to help. Even if I win a mock battle, I won't be facing that same team in a real one. I'm willing to try one if somehow it can still help though.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

If reading for 5 minutes a day is too much to ask, using a calculator or doing a mock battle is absolutely out of the question. How rude of you to even consider these as options!

My warm up Mock Battles are usually really quick when I do them, although I guess that is cause I am not actually trying to win and I am just refreshing my memory on how to play my teams. Ever since I started using Kronya, there are some weeks that go by where I do not use my Player Phase team at all, and I get a little rusty when I try to use them again.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks, a lot of this sounds very helpful. I've tried player phase teams in AR before though, they don't work nearly as well for me as my teams with Brave Ike and NY Alfonse + Sharena in Light weeks. Though I always felt that I was just plain better at using enemy phase teams regardless though, maybe that's the issue. I just don't know how to use player phase teams as well as those.

You have to start from somewhere. If you know your Enemy Phase team is not very likely to win, you might as well use a Player Phase team and try to rush the enemy. For me, rushing the enemy with a Player Phase team gives me a better chance of winning than trying to win with support units after the super tank dies.

And about mock battles, I don't get how that's supposed to help. Even if I win a mock battle, I won't be facing that same team in a real one. I'm willing to try one if somehow it can still help though.

Practice helps. A teacher assigning you homework is not going to use the same question on the test. Just as you need to read the test question before giving you answer, you need to pay attention to the enemies' stats and skills before making your move. The point is not to use the same strategy/answer over and over. The point is to take what you have learned and adjust and modify your existing strategy into a new one that better suits the situation.

I haven't leveled up Lucina yet. I like to level up new units and build them during double SP periods to make it quicker.

The point of those questions is to show you how the thought process of other players work.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Atk/Spd+3.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Outside of Mythics and BH!Lucina, I assume Hawkeye does not have anyone else.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

With the lack of buff support and probably lack of Summoner Support, Hawkeye is at best a slow Def/Res tank, ill suited for going against SK!Alm and QOV!Celica who are designed to punish Def/Res tanks. BH!Lucina's Spd +3 is not going to do much for a Def/Res tank.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Not much difference, as it is usually just Atk/Spd/Def/Res+1.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Hawkeye will most likely perform just about the same. While the small stat boost would not make much of a difference, Ally Support is still useful. Every little bit of stats help.

Edited by XRay

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

My warm up Mock Battles are usually really quick when I do them, although I guess that is cause I am not actually trying to win and I am just refreshing my memory on how to play my teams. Ever since I started using Kronya, there are some weeks that go by where I do not use my Player Phase team at all, and I get a little rusty when I try to use them again.

You have to start from somewhere. If you know your Enemy Phase team is not very likely to win, you might as well use a Player Phase team and try to rush the enemy. For me, rushing the enemy with a Player Phase team gives me a better chance of winning than trying to win with support units after the super tank dies.

Practice helps. A teacher assigning you homework is not going to use the same question on the test. Just as you need to read the test question before giving you answer, you need to pay attention to the enemies' stats and skills before making your move. The point is not to use the same strategy/answer over and over. The point is to take what you have learned and adjust and modify your existing strategy into a new one that better suits the situation.

Well, if you say so, I suppose. On all three of these things.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

The point of those questions is to show you how the thought process of other players work.

Atk/Spd+3.

Outside of Mythics and BH!Lucina, I assume Hawkeye does not have anyone else.

With the lack of buff support and probably lack of Summoner Support, Hawkeye is at best a slow Def/Res tank, ill suited for going against SK!Alm and QOV!Celica who are designed to punish Def/Res tanks. BH!Lucina's Spd +3 is not going to do much for a Def/Res tank.

Not much difference, as it is usually just Atk/Spd/Def/Res+1.

Hawkeye will most likely perform just about the same. While the small stat boost would not make much of a difference, Ally Support is still useful. Every little bit of stats help.

Oh, I see then. Fair enough on all of this.

My go to strat for AR is sniping everything with Igrene and L Lucina and having 2 WoM dancers to help get them out of there. I got into T26 last week, and they’re both +0, pretty much base kit except Atk/Def Link on Lucy. Duo Alm had light use as my bonus hero. Sometimes I switch out one of the archers for B Micaiah if they’re running a lot of horses or armors.

Man there was an armour stall team that Brave Micaiah dominated so hard that I got too cocky forgetting to get the aether. I could have easily gotten it and only realized once I made my final move. If only I saw the aether one second earlier. 

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, even after giving Hawkeye a bunch of merges and such, he still can't tank much at all. He's useless in AR.

Did you give him his refinement and good skills? Because for me he does an amazing job!

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well of course. But I'm not rejecting every single piece of advice I get. I took the advice on utilizing Brave Ike and trying out units like Hawkeye and all. I'm even thinking about building another male Corrin to support with someone. And I got my hands on Brave Lucina as suggested too.

Brave Ike is not an advice... He is broken, that's all. With Hawkeye, he needs investment. He will not do what Ike does, because he is not broken, but with investment he will be a great job.

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Actually... no. Mock battles are so useful to test strategies. You can test how tanky a unit can be. I tested my Hawkeye is various maps before deciding to place him in my Astra Team.

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I am sure you have a decent amount of time to spend reading guides that teach how AI works for at least 5 minutes per day, like how @Vicious Sal recommended. I can see that you have time to complain here by writting these huge texts, and you have time to wait until the banner trailer releases to be the first person to create the topic (didn't happen with Chrom's banner because Landy was there first, but you was there to make the next post). Use this time to learn things.

I don't care to look at enemy skills or anything anymore either. Doesn't help.

It helps you to understand how that team was built, and understand How to deal with it. Always chech foe's skills so you will not be surprised by his attacks. How many players failed to defeat my team because they didn't kill my Hardy Bearing unit, when it's pretty easy to do it. And I say it because I know that my defensive team is not great, but it surprised me how many successes I get because people to do check foe's skills.

The Alm and Altina situation that you discribed before is a good example that checking stats and skills are important.

Though what definitely doesn't help is that I don't have a good bonus unit to use this week.

A bonus unit is needed to get a high score... And that's all. They are not needed to do well or to win. How many times I had a bonus unit in my barracks and still decided to not use one. I prefer being confortable with my team I already have than using a unit that may not help my team. I even got a Golden Throne by not using a bonus unit.

For this season, Valentine Silque is a great support. Even after her bonus season, she will keep helping you and being useful for you. 

I really wish this mode didn't exist or got some heavy changes to make it less BS.

I used to think that AR was BS... But not anymore. Of course it's not a good thing when you use your low merged units against high merged foes, but you just need to study the mode and how It works to understand what to do. Having great units help too, but not if you don't how how to use them. 

I forgot that I haven't tried Brave Lucina support on Hawkeye yet. If this doesn't make him noticeably more useful in AR, I dunno anymore... I still can't get Lucina's refine yet though.

Please read what skills do before investing on them. We don't need another Male Corrin situation here. (I am still surprised that you traded all that investment for feathers, since he could be used to support another Ally that is not Ike).

Lucina can be used without ally support, since her refinement doesn't need it. However, it only works with sword, lance, axe, bow, dagger and Beast allies, not dragons and mages.

Today i had a massacre happen (I won though) LOL but it was hilariously funny because i didn't expect tibarn to move (and i forgot to do Alfonsharena's Duo Skill to be ready for anything). so basically EVERYONE died, but Almica  - but i still managed to win because they are awesome. 

Truthfully, AR isn't that important to me that i care about all the chairs (I got my gold one and a silver one on my own). i play because it will give me grails and flowers and that's about it. everything else is a big meh so basically as long as i don't demote i'm okay with it. 

So Clearly @Anacybele maybe this should be the attitude you should adopt. just play  to not demote. so when team destruction happens, you can laugh it offf, if you do well you can do a "oh, look at that, yay!!" and continue on.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Did you give him his refinement and good skills? Because for me he does an amazing job!

Yeah, he does.

Actually... no. Mock battles are so useful to test strategies. You can test how tanky a unit can be. I tested my Hawkeye is various maps before deciding to place him in my Astra Team.

That's a fair point, actually. I can try that sometime.

you have time to wait until the banner trailer releases to be the first person to create the topic (didn't happen with Chrom's banner because Landy was there first, but you was there to make the next post)

Firstly, I'm often busy doing something until minutes before a trailer would go up. And second, sometimes I choose not to post the topic, actually. I could have posted that Chrom topic, but I decided not to because he isn't someone I care about enough. Also, it's nice to give someone else a chance once in awhile.

A bonus unit is needed to get a high score... And that's all. They are not needed to do well or to win. How many times I had a bonus unit in my barracks and still decided to not use one. I prefer being confortable with my team I already have than using a unit that may not help my team. I even got a Golden Throne by not using a bonus unit.

For this season, Valentine Silque is a great support. Even after her bonus season, she will keep helping you and being useful for you. 

I see. I was trying to use bride Louise since I'd given her an Astra blessing. But she needs a bit more investment, I admit. Maybe I should switch to legendary Alm or as you suggest, LG Silque, for now.

Please read what skills do before investing on them. We don't need another Male Corrin situation here. (I am still surprised that you traded all that investment for feathers, since he could be used to support another Ally that is not Ike).

Lucina can be used without ally support, since her refinement doesn't need it. However, it only works with sword, lance, axe, bow, dagger and Beast allies, not dragons and mages.

Oh, of course. I'm definitely aware of all this now. xP

57 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

So Clearly @Anacybele maybe this should be the attitude you should adopt. just play  to not demote. so when team destruction happens, you can laugh it offf, if you do well you can do a "oh, look at that, yay!!" and continue on.

That is kinda my attitude, at least for Astra weeks. Because I'm gonna struggle a bit more during that week than Light no matter what because I got a great setup for the latter that consistently gets me to around tier 25. During Light week, I'm just trying to get thrones. Not get to tier 27 and be rank 1 or something crazy like that. lol

Thing is, sometimes during Astra, I lose a lot, so I'm afraid of dropping from tier 21.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That is kinda my attitude, at least for Astra weeks. Because I'm gonna struggle a bit more during that week than Light no matter what because I got a great setup for the latter that consistently gets me to around tier 25. During Light week, I'm just trying to get thrones. Not get to tier 27 and be rank 1 or something crazy like that. lol

Thing is, sometimes during Astra, I lose a lot, so I'm afraid of dropping from tier 21.

I get that - that was my fear last week because i burned through all my ladders in like 2 minutes and i was freaking out that i was gonna demote. and light is mostly my best thing, i just made really dumbo mistakes (ie: forgetting to give Myrrh her iotes shield again, and then realising she could have tanked all of that map - or mixing up Deidre and Julia and their tomes). 

Honestly for me. I don't even care about thrones anymore. i figure wherever i at, i'll accept it, and thank you very mucho. Honestly just let it roll it off your back but it does sound for the most part you are. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I get that - that was my fear last week because i burned through all my ladders in like 2 minutes and i was freaking out that i was gonna demote. and light is mostly my best thing, i just made really dumbo mistakes (ie: forgetting to give Myrrh her iotes shield again, and then realising she could have tanked all of that map - or mixing up Deidre and Julia and their tomes). 

Honestly for me. I don't even care about thrones anymore. i figure wherever i at, i'll accept it, and thank you very mucho. Honestly just let it roll it off your back but it does sound for the most part you are. 

I see. Yeah, I've burned through my ladders too. >_<

I realized I forgot to put Distant Def seal on Hawkeye though, and that helped some today. He also got another dragonflower boost and merge today, so he's +6 with 7 dragonflower boosts.

Rank 1,000 something right now. I have 45 freaking Aether left caused I missed one last pot. I could have had another try. I hope I can be in top 3,000 this time. I just want a Gold Throne before the free Altina makes it more difficult to rank in Astra.

Edit:

Dropped out of top 3,000 this morning into 4,000 something. I need like almost perfect play.

Edited by XRay

16 hours ago, XRay said:

Rank 1,000 something right now. I have 45 freaking Aether left caused I missed one last pot. I could have had another try. I hope I can be in top 3,000 this time. I just want a Gold Throne before the free Altina makes it more difficult to rank in Astra.

Edit:

Dropped out of top 3,000 this morning into 4,000 something. I need like almost perfect play.

Missing pots is a pain. Especially when you have to decide if to sacrifice a ladder for them.

I had a very good week with -80 on defense (one full defeat that counted) and -40 on offense (lost a unit on a double match, got all pots, one ladder used) and finished 1,158th in the end.

I don't have merged mythics, but I think some merges are needed to get into top 1k in light weeks, so this week was my best chance. 

L!Leif with CC/vantage was a big help, glad it's water season also tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Missing pots is a pain. Especially when you have to decide if to sacrifice a ladder for them.

I had a very good week with -80 on defense (one full defeat that counted) and -40 on offense (lost a unit on a double match, got all pots, one ladder used) and finished 1,158th in the end.

I don't have merged mythics, but I think some merges are needed to get into top 1k in light weeks, so this week was my best chance. 

L!Leif with CC/vantage was a big help, glad it's water season also tomorrow. 

Yeah, I only had one death in the matches that matter, and I missed a few Aether Structures here and there. Did not realize I would so close to missing that one last Aether Structure.

— — — — — — —

I am at rank 4,588, which seems really low. I think I will probably need a highly merged Astra Mythic or something if I want that Gold Throne.

Edited by XRay

This was the most stressful Astra Season of my life, and not because of Alm and Thrasir because none of the ones I ran into beat me. It was because I lost 3 Ladders on Day 1 and had to use Double Up to do my matches this week just to try not to lose that last one. I ended up making it just 6 Lift short of T25 because I lost my 2nd to last match today~ But that was a hell of a comeback.

Defense is still doing great, only lost -20 on Day 1. If not for Defense, I'd probably have done much worse~

I know this week pissed off some people~ Especially now that Alm is no longer -Spd~

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, I only had one death in the matches that matter, and I missed a few Aether Structures here and there. Did not realize I would so close to missing that one last Aether Structure.

— — — — — — —

I am at rank 4,588, which seems really low. I think I will probably need a highly merged Astra Mythic or something if I want that Gold Throne.

If that death was on a double match and both your mythics were without merges, then you lost 200 lift on offense. I don't know how many merges are necessary to compensate that, but it sounds like an expensive thing. 

If your goal is to get one golden throne, then it should be easier to try for a perfect week. Since you also depend on defense, a big part of the project would be based on luck sadly. 

6 hours ago, XRay said:

— — — — — — —

Nah, I got in T27 plenty with my unmerged Naga’s or Altina’s. I got 13400 lift this week and then lost 5 lift in the last 10 minutes pushing me out of T27.

That was rank 1467 or so. The aether is the most important, you are allowed to leave two pots in total when using double up. Astra is still doable to score for a gold throne with a 160 lift team.

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

Nah, I got in T27 plenty with my unmerged Naga’s or Altina’s. I got 13400 lift this week and then lost 5 lift in the last 10 minutes pushing me out of T27.

That was rank 1467 or so. The aether is the most important, you are allowed to leave two pots in total when using double up. Astra is still doable to score for a gold throne with a 160 lift team.

Yeah, I think I missed exactly two Aether Structures already beforehand during double lift battles, and then I missed that last Aether Structure during my last single lift battle. Not sure if that last battle will push me into top 3,000 though; I do not remember what my score was, but I was in Tier 25. What screwed me in the last battle was my A Monstrous Harvest Hectors sitting in the back accidentally taking out the last remaining Azura: Vallite Songstress who banzai charged them. Maybe I should give one of them Armor March or just take off Distant Counter on one of them to avoid that scenario next time.

Hopefully, Altina does not win, and if she does win, hopefully there is some delay in handing her out so I get a few more tries to get that Gold Throne.

I feel really concerned that the free Altina would make getting the Gold Throne really difficult.