Tempest Trial+ : Life is But Fleeting (Dec 18th)

Diovani Bressan

Since last year’s winter units are also bonus units, I think I’ll take Winter Chrom or Winter Robin for another round. Cecilia is just too hideous for me. Never liked her in FE6, never liked her in FEH. I’m glad I don’t have to use her for this TT. 

That would make the team...W.Tharja, W!Chrom, W!Robin or LA!Eliwood and...H!Jakob, I guess. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is no one else getting this happening where none of your units move when autobattling (specifically on this map). sometimes they move but other times i'll look over from drawing and it'll be on turn 100 or something and they just standing there like goons. i'm guessing it has to do with the AI wanting to move units to a certain spot but there's already a unit there and that applies to every unit so they just do nothing...but also i had one time where only Robin moved for the rest of the map so...

Edited by wizzard of soz

The final map can be quite challenging, depenging to who is the armored ally Fae have adjacent to her. In my first time, I got Male Grima and... Oh boy...  From my initial team (Winter Tharja, Legendary Hector, Brave Hector and Eir), only Eir survived that battle.

I changed my team to Winter Cecilia, Titania, Male Corrin and Brave Veronica, and this team works pretty well! Winter Cecilia is a amazing F2P unit.

Well, so C!Robin has maxed and has been replaced by Amelia. However, 2 green armors and 0 blues does not seem so good as the previous team. I think that one C!Tharja maxes too (really close) I’ll swap to a Tactics team keeping C!Lissa (she hadn’t been used before, so she can get plenty of HM. Same for the new C!Cecilia)

4 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

is no one else getting this happening where none of your units move when autobattling (specifically on this map). sometimes they move but other times i'll look over from drawing and it'll be on turn 100 or something and they just standing there like goons. i'm guessing it has to do with the AI wanting to move units to a certain spot but there's already a unit there and that applies to every unit so they just do nothing...but also i had one time where only Robin moved for the rest of the map so...

Yes, they're literally body-blocking each other to their chase target. so that means WRobin and WChrom want to go down, Liki wants to go up or down, and Sakura doesn't move since no weapon I assume. Mine has done that sometimes, so I moved the healer out of slot4 to reduce the chance of it happening.

Before I got Cecilia and built her up, it could take my Lewyn five turns or so to take down Fae and her humongously monstrous 49 Res.
Cecilia, on the other hand, one-rounds her if her Def has been debuffed, or two-rounds her otherwise.

Gods, I love Cecilia.

Using Navarre, Ephraim (the one with Best Siegmund), Inigo, and Sakura.  It's surprisingly effective, but I feel like a bit of a jerk because Navarre has to attack a little girl to win.

47 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Using Navarre, Ephraim (the one with Best Siegmund), Inigo, and Sakura.  It's surprisingly effective, but I feel like a bit of a jerk because Navarre has to attack a little girl to win.

Hm... what skill set and IV do you use in your Sakura? I've been wanting to build a Sakura, since she is one of my favorite characters in Fates, so I am looking for ideas.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... what skill set and IV do you use in your Sakura? I've been wanting to build a Sakura, since she is one of my favorite characters in Fates, so I am looking for ideas.

Mine's something like +Atk/-Def.  Fear+ (I think this is Dazzling, need to check), Physic+ (this is for Ephraim), Imbue, HP +5 (I couldn't think of anything better), Live to Serve, and Fortify Def.  Due to her middling stats, I think she'd be better served as +Spd or +Res with Pain+/Gravity+ (Dazzling) and Spd/Res Bond.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Mine's something like +Atk/-Def.  Fear+ (I think this is Dazzling, need to check), Physic+ (this is for Ephraim), Imbue, HP +5 (I couldn't think of anything better), Live to Serve, and Fortify Def.  Due to her middling stats, I think she'd be better served as +Spd or +Res with Pain+/Gravity+ (Dazzling) and Spd/Res Bond.

Interesting. Despite I liking Sakura, I went with Lucius as my Infantry Healer, since he has more Atk and Res, so he can survive mages and be a ploy user, although I don't use ploy skill on him. Mine is +Spd, but I don't remember his bane. He is my candidate for C Duel Infantry.

To be fair, the healer I wanted to build is Mikoto, but she is a 5-Stars Exclusive, and I will not invest on a 5-Stars unit. Maybe if she gets demoted in a future update.

I got my Xmas Cecilia 5* +1'd now.  I'm not sure what refine to give her weapon, I usually do Speed, but that's not going to do much for her.

Autobattling with my all-armor team is pretty easy.  Maybe I'll get a decent rank this time.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I got my Xmas Cecilia 5* +1'd now.  I'm not sure what refine to give her weapon, I usually do Speed, but that's not going to do much for her.

I gave my Winter Cecilia the Close Counter skill, so I went for a Def Refinement. With a 33 Def and 36 Res, she is great. If you plan to use ploys on her, I believe Res Refinement is quite useful.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I gave my Winter Cecilia the Close Counter skill, so I went for a Def Refinement. With a 33 Def and 36 Res, she is great. If you plan to use ploys on her, I believe Res Refinement is quite useful.

Defense sounds good for mixed tankiness.  I don't know if I'll give her CC, but it would still be nice for bows, or things with adaptive damage.

Got Winteirika after around 60 orbs so that's it for me with this banner. Need to save more orbs for the RD banner so I won't push my luck.

I also just finished building her. A Garon was sacrificed for this, and the one that's still around will be getting a lump of coal.

a71dS5s.jpg

8 hours ago, RexBolt said:

My phone is under a little repairs, so i still haven't got the golden Cecilia or had time to train the silver one. Hope i have time to get everything out of the event.

You still have about a week of the event. You’ll be fine.

Was bored by sluggish armors, especially since I didn't pull any of the new ones (I tried), so I switched to a Guidance team: 

• Est with Flier Formation seal (she needs SP for arena)
  • YT!Olivia with Guidance
  • LB!Mia with Guidance seal
  • GW:Cecilia with Armor boots and Renewal

Best kill is the over-kill: 

fDybHOq.png

What a peaceful fest: 

QCxcH5e.png

(Boey was ployed, but also sitting on a defense tile and Cecilias Bond wasn't active). 

Edited by mampfoid

5 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Since C!Tharja has maxed now too, I’ve switched to a tactics/galeforce team: C!Lissa, Genny, B!Celica, Cordelia. Since C!Lissa is still on 1000HM, I think I’ll be alternating between some teams with either her or C!Cecilia

Do you have Galeforce on Lissa? 

20 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

No, no, she’s there just for the bonus. Galeforce is on the other two units. Maybe if I were swimming in feathers...hahahahaha

That would have been an awesome GF team. ;-)

Still pretty nice, bet it's fun. 

Oh boy.. should have done all of my grinding earlier this week. Seems like Surtr is now a possible enemy in tempest trials. That or I just got lucky the past 3 days and didn't run into him. He completely destroys my team when he shows up on the last few maps if I don't bring an armorsmasher or red mage. Only at 82k right now and still around 750 rank, so hopefully top 1k isn't too high this time around.