Tempest Trial+ : Life is But Fleeting (Dec 18th)

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Maaka said:

Oh boy.. should have done all of my grinding earlier this week. Seems like Surtr is now a possible enemy in tempest trials. That or I just got lucky the past 3 days and didn't run into him. He completely destroys my team when he shows up on the last few maps if I don't bring an armorsmasher or red mage. Only at 82k right now and still around 750 rank, so hopefully top 1k isn't too high this time around.

He just started appearing today and he is little annoying indeed.

At 33K and most of my team is already maxed on HM (everyone but Ophelia) and all but Lene are maxed on SP but I can't really be bothered to switch them up at this point~ Kinda wanna switch Lewyn for Julia but when I was using her before, she'd usually die before we even get to the last battle, SIGH~

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I want to join the group of people annoyed by Surtr in the tempest.

No, I mean it when I say he’s only slightly annoying. AoE serves well to break his WF, and Lewyn’s got more than enough of that.

I was fortunate to have nabbed winter Chrom and Robin on a legendary banner earlier in the year. Them plus Cecilia and a healer really hold their own on Lunatic 5 auto battles.

Ha, and Winter Chrom's still got the best Tap Quote in the entire game. "Change outfits once and I get summoned...?". Wasn't the Winter 2017 seasonal banner technically the first one produced for this game? How did they know the Alt-pocalypse would get so out of hand?

11 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Wasn't the Winter 2017 seasonal banner technically the first one produced for this game? How did they know the Alt-pocalypse would get so out of hand?

Winter Robin and Tharja were technically the first seasonals produced for this game, but not Chrom or Lissa.

21 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, Sutr bullying Fae out of her well-deserved boss-role is annoying.

But he can be dealt with, eat this pal:

Wish my Est wasn’t maxed on HM. Although I don’t have the dew to refine her weapon right now anyway, so she wouldn’t do much for me

33 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Wish my Est wasn’t maxed on HM. Although I don’t have the dew to refine her weapon right now anyway, so she wouldn’t do much for me

I was bored, didn't get anything new from the winter banner and she'll help me in Arena next week, so ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still have a big unused heap of rocks lying around. 

56 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Can’t spell “best” without ”Est”!

Not even bestest ... ^^' 

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

he makes me tired. 

But he so good ... 

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and it is clearly obvious i need a blue melee dancer. (Azura anytime game)

Didn't use mine since ... don't know, 6 months? 

Still want a ranged flying dancer ... preferably without bride look. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

But he so good ... 

honestly, i think if i had a better IV Hrid (being -def him totally hurts him and his boon is in his worst possible stat) he probably would - because i see how he can be strong (I mean he can take out Bector without issues and that's against the weapons advantage.  but he's  like paper for me

34 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

@Landmaster
I changed my team a bit so I can get Hrid some HM to before he sacrifices himself to the greater good. 
(sigh). he makes me tired. 

and it is clearly obvious i need a blue melee dancer. (Azura anytime game)

May his final days bring in many feathers before the Myrrpocalypse~

Why are Blue dancers so hard to get~ Next free dancer BETTER BE BLUE

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

honestly, i think if i had a better IV Hrid (being -def him totally hurts him and his boon is in his worst possible stat) he probably would - because i see how he can be strong (I mean he can take out Bector without issues and that's against the weapons advantage.  but he's  like paper for me

Hríd has Omnibreaker on both phases against debuffed units, so you might find more success if you put him in a team that specializes in spreading debuffs.

I think staff users are some of his best teammates, as they triple as debuffers/buffers (activating Gjöll), healers (somewhat addresses your Hríd's lower bulk), and nukes (Firesweeps whatever Hríd cannot kill). TLB!Mia's Witchy Wand is useful in significantly increasing Hríd's bulk by spreading the Guard debuff. Alternatively, there is also Fear that can achieve similar results by directly cutting the enemies' Atk. Gravity also somewhat helps address his mobility issue with trenches by reducing the enemies' movement.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

May his final days bring in many feathers before the Myrrpocalypse~

Why are Blue dancers so hard to get~ Next free dancer BETTER BE BLUE

right?  and flying. 
Flying blue dancer. make it happen game. 
I keep saying we need a dancer banner once a month :p

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Hríd has Omnibreaker on both phases against debuffed units, so you might find more success if you put him in a team that specializes in spreading debuffs.

I think staff users are some of his best teammates, as they triple as debuffers/buffers (activating Gjöll), healers (somewhat addresses your Hríd's lower bulk), and nukes (Firesweeps whatever Hríd cannot kill). TLB!Mia's Witchy Wand is useful in significantly increasing Hríd's bulk by spreading the Guard debuff. Alternatively, there is also Fear that can achieve similar results by directly cutting the enemies' Atk. Gravity also somewhat helps address his mobility issue with trenches by reducing the enemies' movement.

... so like Jaffar/Legault, Genny and someone else?
(is Omnibreaker the thing that lets him double attack?)?

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

(is Omnibreaker the thing that lets him double attack?)?

A breaker skill allows any unit to Double and nullifies foes follow-up attacks.

Hríd's weapon allows this effect in all types of foes, but the foe needs to have a penalty effect or debuff. 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

A breaker skill allows any unit to Double and nullifies foes follow-up attacks.

Hríd's weapon allows this effect in all types of foes, but the foe needs to have a penalty effect or debuff. 

oho i see. thanks, Diovani. 

also. eff off with all these Surtrs game. geeze. it just slows down the pace considerably.

Edited by daisy jane

Here's a very...er, interesting score and rank (taken a little over five hours ago - this is NOT photoshopped or doctored in any way):

TUhj02Z.jpg

Now I'm 132,034 with rank 352 at the halfway point.  Thank goodness I do this manually; I can't imagine the pain of battling Surtr on autobattle.